CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do WASH-N-Go's cause the hair to Break?

+18
Berry3674
LetMeFixMyHurr
CSI
misskris
Sweet Tee
sonance
Renny
kimc
Poundcake921
BekkaPoo
Naturally Nu*
Want2bcurly
Princess
moonchild
hurjurnee
raina
freckledmom4
4EverNatural
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do WASH-N-Go's cause the hair to Break? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do WASH-N-Go's cause the hair to Break?

Post by crimsonpeach 6th December 2010, 7:38 pm

I agree with Berry3674.

I have 4a/4b hair also. I BC'ed a few weeks ago so WNGs are my preferred style. Initially I would do the shingling method and lost quite a bit of hair (in my eyes at least).

Now I just run my fingers through my hair with the product and the curls form. Even better than the shingling method! Less time, less breakage, better outcome.
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Do WASH-N-Go's cause the hair to Break? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do WASH-N-Go's cause the hair to Break?

Post by Berry3674 6th December 2010, 8:32 pm

Agreed Crimson Peach!! I used to spend so much time and product parting small sections and shingling my hair. My arms would be tired and my hands would be full of gel. Now i use less than half the product i used to. I also think the product u use for your wng makes a big difference. I love the definition of ecostyler, but it definitely is not good for my hair. So after much searching, I stumbled on Smooth and Shine curl activating gel. It has glycerin and aloe vera in the first ingredients. It definitely defines curl but without being crunchy and without drying the hair out. I just layer a leave in under it and my hair is very well conditioned and moisturized.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 24th December 2010, 12:10 am

I really wearing wng and haven't noticed breakage. Sweet Tee what products are you using for the winter?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 24th December 2010, 12:54 am

I've been wearing WNG's for much of the past 20 years. I haven't noticed any excessive breakage. Sometimes, I finger-style my hair instead of combing it.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 24th December 2010, 12:54 am

And if I do detangle, I do it while water is running through my hair in the shower. Helps make it slip.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 4EverNatural 24th December 2010, 1:09 am

I'm trying different methods now with my wng to reduce breakage. What products are you guys using?

4EverNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 24th December 2010, 9:47 am

I use jbco on my scalp and any kind of activator gel. I refresh by spritzing with water and evoo and shaking in the morning. I can get 3-4 days out of it that way. Of course by day 4 it's a little fluffy and wild, but it still looks good to me!

I kinda have to retract my statement about NOT having breakage. Last night I was doing my first braidout and trim. As I sectioned and detangled I found a lot of ssk's. It was not fun. So obviously my weekly detangling wasn't as thorough as I thought and the coils were tangling on themselves. So hopefully this braidout turns out well and I can reserve the wng for lazy days or every now and then.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2