CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How often is too often to wash ur hair?

+5
adamseve
HAMPTONSFNST
Tinkie
Lynnieluve
RonnieV
9 posters

Go down

How often is too often to wash ur hair? Empty How often is too often to wash ur hair?

Post by RonnieV 30th June 2010, 6:41 pm

Just curious, I know it's good for our hair to be washed once a week but what if we want to co-wash it in the mean time? Is that too much? I washed it last Friday and will do it again this Friday but it feels dry (in braids) and I wouldn't mind co-washing it tonight. Is it too much? I know it's silly but I had to ask. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

RonnieV

RonnieV

Back to top Go down

How often is too often to wash ur hair? Empty Re: How often is too often to wash ur hair?

Post by Lynnieluve 30th June 2010, 6:50 pm

No that is not too much. There are some curlies who co wash 2-3 times a week.

I wash once a week too. Sometimes I co wash mid week if I feel the need.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

How often is too often to wash ur hair? Empty Re: How often is too often to wash ur hair?

Post by Tinkie 30th June 2010, 9:39 pm

I wash my hair once a week ; I sooo wish I could co wash.. My detangling process is hectic lol .. I don't think its too much though Wink
Tinkie
Tinkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th June 2010, 9:42 pm

Tinkie wrote:I wash my hair once a week ; I sooo wish I could co wash.. My detangling process is hectic lol .. I don't think its too much though Wink

Mine too.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 1st July 2010, 11:47 am

I thought I was the only one who didn't like detangling. It's because of this that I have resorted to washing my hair once a week as oppose to twice. The best part is seeing my curls and waves after I detangle each section.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by adamseve 6th July 2010, 12:25 am

I co-wash daily if my hair isn't in a protective style and my hair loves it. It simply depends on your hair and how it reacts. If it is too drying then you probably shouldn't wash or co-wash often.
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 6th July 2010, 12:40 am

I'll definitely co-wash if I use gel (Afroveda Pur Whipped Gelly) or when I start to notice buildup after a couple of days (I use butters and oils on my hair, so it's eventual). Otherwise, I just rinse well with very warm water, and that's usually enough until wash day.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RonnieV 6th July 2010, 2:13 am

Cool...I did end up washing it like Saturday morning,lol...but I did a co-wash and my hair was lovin' it. I'm gonna try an Alma powder treatment this week so I will try it on Thursday. I think my hair sheds less and does better when I wash it once a week vs. every 2-3 weeks.

RonnieV

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 16th August 2010, 5:19 pm

since i've been going to the gym in the AM, i've been co-washing daily with giovani smooth as silk deep conditioner and using qhemet's leave-in. my hair has been loving the extra attention.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by msdivat32 16th August 2010, 9:15 pm

So, if you do co-wash everyday, should you do so with conditioner or is it okay just to wash the hair without it??
msdivat32
msdivat32

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=10676

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 16th August 2010, 9:37 pm

I co-wash my twa every night (Im sure this will change once it grows out and I have to start detangling it) with Shea moisture conditioner or Giovanni SAS and I haven't had any problems..

I guess it you want an extra boost of moisture in your hair you should use conditioner but if you just want a refresh look to your hair just rinse it..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down