CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to wash hair (with shampoo)

3 posters

Go down

how to wash hair (with shampoo) Empty how to wash hair (with shampoo)

Post by C. 7th April 2010, 12:31 pm

i still use shampoo every week or so to wash my hair but i use the 2-n-1 kind becuase my hair doesnt feel squeaky clean like with other shampoos. So, my problem is i dont think i know how to wash my newly natural hair. I always end up with tangles and when i scratch my scalp there's a white residue under my finger nails and it kinda itches sometimes. how should i be washing my hair, any special techniques/tips i should know about?

C.

Back to top Go down

how to wash hair (with shampoo) Empty Re: how to wash hair (with shampoo)

Post by tiashaunteé 7th April 2010, 1:03 pm

I think have too many tips on this, pick 1, or 2, or 3..... LOL

•For the white residue (I used to get it also) I started applying shampoo directly to my scalp and massaging with my finger tips.
•Let water staturate the hair and/or prewash with a cheapie conditioner to loosen up the dirt and then shampoo.
•Shampoo in the downward motion instead of moving the hair all around, this helps decrease tangles
• wash in sections and incorporate detangling in every step in all sections.
• Pre-poo with an oil to hair with detangling and lifting of dirt
• Watch this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FQ79FD2VY
•If you still get the same results, your hair and scalp may like the 2-n-1 shampoo
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th April 2010, 1:06 pm

Great tips. I just started doing all these steps when I shampoo and I love it!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 7th April 2010, 2:23 pm

okay thanx tiashauntee. its not too many steps, i think i'll try all of them tonight cuz its hot and ive been kinda sweaty lately (my dorm wont turn the AC on [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

i'll post how it goes..

p.s have any of you used the Suave professionals rosemary mint condish ($1.97 at Target)?

its in a green bottle and says " Invigorating clean for all hair types. Salon proven to invigorate as well as Aveda"

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 7th April 2010, 3:09 pm

p.s.s where can i find the knock off denman brush? i dont know the exact name for it so im having a hard time googling it. the luvnaturals.com website ahs it but its $5.99 and i wanted see if i could find it locally cheaper..

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th April 2010, 3:36 pm

Kinda_Curly_Cassie09 wrote:p.s.s where can i find the knock off denman brush? i dont know the exact name for it so im having a hard time googling it. the luvnaturals.com website ahs it but its $5.99 and i wanted see if i could find it locally cheaper..

I got it cheap at CVS (funny, I actually put the link in my blog post for tomorrow so I have it readily available)Conair Cushion Padded Brush
Also, I in tomorrow's post I detail how I wash my hair. It might have something helpful in it that you can use.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 7th April 2010, 3:40 pm

thanx so much tiashauntee. Im actually leaving my dorm now to go buy it.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down