CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone go to college/or about to go?

+11
Clueless_Belle
Nessa101
jadore04
guineegirl
jac.attack
deeply_rooted_chick
EshaQ
Mz. CiCi
afrochic
krissyc39
Napp_Napp_Cat
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone go to college/or about to go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone go to college/or about to go?

Post by guineegirl 22nd June 2010, 7:03 pm

i know UNC is a big school, but do you know this girl named Heather Kizer?

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Anyone go to college/or about to go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone go to college/or about to go?

Post by EshaQ 22nd June 2010, 7:45 pm

the name doesn't sound familiar but I've become really bad at remembering names since I've been here lol
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 23rd June 2010, 1:56 pm

guineegirl wrote:yep this fall ill be heading to college and i'm so excited! its so cool to see all these natural teens especially since alot of yall are from NC like me! i'll be going to UNCG and majoring in bio with a minor in international/global studies. so freakin excited!
I'm a rising sophomore at UNCG! We have a lot of interesting events and while A&T does have a lot going on, most of the time they're over at the G chilling with us. The natural scene at the G is definitely fun!
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

http://lesisworld.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyc39 24th June 2010, 1:19 pm

aww my ex is going to A&T!

hmm I didn't know about the wild partying thing though lol. I guess it's the North Carolina version of UF
krissyc39
krissyc39

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 24th June 2010, 2:29 pm

EshaQ wrote:the name doesn't sound familiar but I've become really bad at remembering names since I've been here lol

o lol. will shes a rising soph too and shes doin tha natural thing as well. so for some reason i thought u might know hher. silly! i know!

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 24th June 2010, 2:31 pm

Mz. CiCi wrote:
guineegirl wrote:yep this fall ill be heading to college and i'm so excited! its so cool to see all these natural teens especially since alot of yall are from NC like me! i'll be going to UNCG and majoring in bio with a minor in international/global studies. so freakin excited!
I'm a rising sophomore at UNCG! We have a lot of interesting events and while A&T does have a lot going on, most of the time they're over at the G chilling with us. The natural scene at the G is definitely fun!

*gasping* omg u go to uncg! thats so awesome! i will e asking you alo of questions. so theres alot of naturals on campus???? how are the boys? lol

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 24th June 2010, 3:24 pm

guineegirl wrote:
EshaQ wrote:the name doesn't sound familiar but I've become really bad at remembering names since I've been here lol

o lol. will shes a rising soph too and shes doin tha natural thing as well. so for some reason i thought u might know hher. silly! i know!

Lol well im new to the whole natural scene (3 months transitioning), but I'll probably come across her at some point!
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 25th June 2010, 10:42 pm

guineegirl wrote:
Mz. CiCi wrote:

*gasping* omg u go to uncg! thats so awesome! i will e asking you alo of questions. so theres alot of naturals on campus???? how are the boys? lol
Ask away because I def did! LOL. There are a lot of naturals and some of them wear weaves most of the time to make it easier. Natural hair really doesn't seem to be a big deal up there simply because there's so many people doing it.
There's an issue with the guys because it was 30% last year & most of them were gay, taken or just not into Black girls. But that's why there are Aggies! LOL.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 26th June 2010, 9:50 pm

EshaQ wrote:
guineegirl wrote:

Lol well im new to the whole natural scene (3 months transitioning), but I'll probably come across her at some point!

how is the natural scene at UNC, outta curiousty ( i know i spelt that wrong lol)

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 26th June 2010, 9:52 pm

Mz. CiCi wrote:
guineegirl wrote:
Mz. CiCi wrote:

Ask away because I def did! LOL. There are a lot of naturals and some of them wear weaves most of the time to make it easier. Natural hair really doesn't seem to be a big deal up there simply because there's so many people doing it.
There's an issue with the guys because it was 30% last year & most of them were gay, taken or just not into Black girls. But that's why there are Aggies! LOL.

have you taken the intro to african american studies class? also i know college is only really fun if thats what you make it, but what is there in general to do for fun?

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by EshaQ 26th June 2010, 10:52 pm

guineegirl wrote:
EshaQ wrote:
guineegirl wrote:

how is the natural scene at UNC, outta curiousty ( i know i spelt that wrong lol)

It's actually increasing a lot. There aren't really any black salons in immediate area so a lot of girls decide to go natural unless they go home often for relaxers and stuff. I know quite a few ppl in my freshman class who started transitioning or BC'd not too long after getting here. A girl I know actually started an organization called STRANDS for girls with relaxed, natural, and transitioning hair, but it's still pretty new
EshaQ
EshaQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 27th June 2010, 3:51 pm

guineegirl wrote:
Mz. CiCi wrote:
guineegirl wrote:
Mz. CiCi wrote:

have you taken the intro to african american studies class? also i know college is only really fun if thats what you make it, but what is there in general to do for fun?
I'm taking that this year. For fun, I mostly hung w/ my friends, I joined the Spartan Force Marching Band & partied lol. Really if you're outgoing, you can have a lot of fun through clubs & different activities.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 13th July 2010, 2:07 pm

oo ook. maybe we will have class together? im takin it first semester. did you do this thing called link up? how was it?

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 14th July 2010, 3:42 pm

I did Link Up & it was awesome! It got my foot in the door w/ sooo much! & when is your African American studies class?
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 15th July 2010, 4:38 pm

i have the class on tues and thurs at 3:30 with mr.ali( i think thats his name)

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 15th July 2010, 9:52 pm

I have it on Tues and Thursday at 12:30.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 23rd July 2010, 12:37 pm

Hey!! I'll be a rising sophomore attending UNC Charlotte! Love it there. I am majoring in English to go to Howard's or Georgetown's Law School (If that's God's plan! )There are very few Natural females at my school but i still am deciding to stick with it. I am 5 months into my transitioning period. It is getting so hard! i was trying to wait for about 8 inches of New Growth before i big chop but i think i might do it any minute now! i am just getting so frustrated!

Do you guys have any goals this year as far as your hair?! How do you plan to maintain your hair this coming semester?!!
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by guineegirl 23rd July 2010, 2:52 pm

@jadore04

were you in this debutante thing for aka for 09?

guineegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 23rd July 2010, 6:49 pm

@ jadore I hope to reach bra strap lenth by the end of this year Smile I'm trying to leave my hair alone and wear it in protective styles
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by jadore04 29th July 2010, 1:25 pm

@guineegirl No i wasn't.

@nessa101 i'm really pushing for keeping up with my transition and not big chopping before like 6 inches so i'll be doing a lot of protective styles too! lol
jadore04
jadore04

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless_Belle 26th August 2010, 11:47 am

-
Anyone at an Engineering School?
Second semester Sophomore in Chemical Engineering.
:p

NERDS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

Clueless_Belle

Back to top Go down

Post by mverde3 26th August 2010, 7:23 pm

Clueless_Belle wrote:-
Anyone at an Engineering School?
Second semester Sophomore in Chemical Engineering.
:p

NERDS WILL RULE THE WORLD!

I was going to do Chemical Engineering but decided to do the pre-med track

Nerds will DEFINITELY rule the world Smile Smile
mverde3
mverde3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravie11 25th October 2010, 6:34 pm

@Napp_Napp_Cat or any other College Curlies
What's the hardest part about doing your hair in college? I go to a magnet school and it's hard enough with the fact that I can go home every weekend.

btw: I'm going to Ole Miss (or at least I plan to) next fall and I'll be majoring in biology
Ravie11
Ravie11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. CiCi 25th October 2010, 10:03 pm

Ravie11 wrote:@Napp_Napp_Cat or any other College Curlies
What's the hardest part about doing your hair in college? I go to a magnet school and it's hard enough with the fact that I can go home every weekend.

btw: I'm going to Ole Miss (or at least I plan to) next fall and I'll be majoring in biology
Finding time to do my hair! I think I actually overused twists in my hair and I had to flat iron it so that it wouldn't break off at my edges. Oh and washing it in the shower. Yuck but I think it makes my hair grow.
Mz. CiCi
Mz. CiCi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravie11 26th October 2010, 1:08 pm

Mz. Cici
Thanks and i have that same problem now. my roommate hates me washing my hair in the shower because i get conditioner everywhere ( how? idk) but when i go home i try to wash my hair but that's like everyother weekend.
Do you do anything in place of washing?
Ravie11
Ravie11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next