CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Curlies

+4
IF IT COMES nATURAL
MsChris8
naturallyunique
Curly Film Chick
8 posters

Go down

College Curlies Empty College Curlies

Post by Curly Film Chick 13th December 2009, 7:51 pm

We college students are on a budget...with both time and money... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

let's share how we manage our time with our course loads and taking care of ourselves. I personally am graduating from college in the spring...and balancing hair care and my school life has been a challenge. I think I might have just gotten the hang of it recently (and its the end of the semester!) Time wise, one tip I found useful is during weeks when you forsee a really busy schedule (exams, projects) styling for the week seems crucial, like protective styles. When I was becoming overwhelmed and getting myself back on track, I opted for twists....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Life saver when I had a busy week of exams. Just had to moisturize and I was good...

Anyone else?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

College Curlies Empty Re: College Curlies

Post by naturallyunique 13th December 2009, 8:35 pm

I'm also in some (kinky) twists cuz it's busy exam time...(One tomorrow, One Tuesday...yet i'm still on here smh)....

Twists and Twist n Curls saaaaaaaaaaaave me during the week. Low manipulation and i can switch it up everyday!

Then on the weekend...I can co-wash and play in my hair as much as I want lol

And shout out to Spring 2010 graduates. I'm one TOO! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallyunique
naturallyunique

Back to top Go down

Post by MsChris8 13th December 2009, 11:50 pm

I do twist-n-curls and wear it out for a day or two and then just bun it until I have time to co-wash again. It's gonna be in a bun for most of this week. I would wear kinky twists...but they make me look like a little girl lol.

And yay for 2010!!! =) I can't wait for the spring!
MsChris8
MsChris8

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 14th December 2009, 1:30 am

SPRING 2010!!!! WHOOT! WHOOT!!!!!!
BUT YEAHH..... I usually wash and DC between friday-Sunday( making sure my hair is done before Monday) I do a two strand twist, be it neat or sloppy, depending how much time I have. I wear my twist anywhere between 5-7days. Now that I'm on Christmas break and have all of these new products I bought on black friday, I'm toooooo sleeeppppy/lazy to want to do anything with my hair Sleep

P.S. I'm Planning a trip to Jamacia for my graduation gift!!!! cheers What do you ladies have planned after graduation?
I'm just excited that I will get to go swimming without worrying messing up my "perm" cheers
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 14th December 2009, 2:36 am

I'm graduating from law school in Spring 2010 and I can't wait! I also wash and DC on Friday and Saturday. After I'm done, I part into 4 or 8 sections, braid each section, and pull the braids back into a bun. Now that it's cold I just keep it in the braided bun, but when it's warm I wear a twistout during the week, then start all over again on the weekend. I leave school on the 19th, but some of my black friday products haven't even been shipped yet, so I'm not sure if they'll arrive on time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Over winter break, I wanna learn how to cornroll or at least french braid, using my neice's doll head.

My post-graduation plan is to study for the bar, which I'm taking in July. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hopefully after that I'll be able to do some travelling. I'm planning on moving to London in August or September, so I'll definitely be getting some travel in at some point. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 14th December 2009, 3:04 am

GRADUATING FROM LAW SCHOOL IS BIG!!!! CONGRATS!!!! LAW SCHOOL IS MY NEXT MOVE (HOPEFULLY)!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS STUDYING FOR THE BAR! I KNOW IT AINT EASY! BUT NATURALS ARE NATURALLY SMART Very Happy
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 14th December 2009, 3:25 am

Thanks! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long, sometimes difficult journey, but the end is in sight! Let me know if you have any questions about law school.
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 14th December 2009, 11:45 am

congrats on the law school as well Moni! I'm going to be finishing my undergrad. Getting a BFA in Film and Video Production [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I plan to take some time off and go and get an MFA in Film. In the meantime continue to form a production company doing films that have themes with social issues as an undertone....

@ if natural comes I style my hair over the weekend too, either saturday evening or Sunday, and style wet since I usually have enough time to dry. I did that this weekend.

I have finals to work on (mostly take home) so I really didn't feel like I had enough time to put in twists and now i'm regretting it. I did a braid and curl for this week.
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by LAURENsamone 14th December 2009, 10:18 pm

Congrats to all the May graduates! I'll be walking the stage in December (thank you GOD)! Whew I'm so new to this "taking care of my hair" thing...I don't even know where to begin?!?

LAURENsamone

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 15th December 2009, 10:01 am

Yay for C/O 2010!!! I'm not graduating till next December though, due to my insane history w/chemistry Sad BUT i absolutely refuse to change my major, since I've wanted to be a Vet since I was little! sunny I'm loving seeing all these smart, successful women~

Anyways...about the hair, lol. I am looking for tips on how to keep my short TWA twists from coming undone. I'd love to keep them in for at least a week, but they start unraveling before the day is over!
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 15th December 2009, 11:40 am

hey keacurls, i know you're not a fan of gel, try DevaCare Set it Free while twisting. It provides light hold and it seems to work for me
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 15th December 2009, 3:55 pm

@Kea Curls, have you ever tired ORS LOCK AND TWIST GEL? It's cheap, and its not drying like a gel, it leaves your hair soft. I alternate between the ORS GEL, Darcy's botanical's hair butter, and last nite I twisted my hair with Qhemet.
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 16th December 2009, 1:16 pm

Darcy's Botanical? Where can you find that?

okay I know there are more college curlies...where ya'll at?!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 16th December 2009, 1:52 pm

No, i've never tried any of those products, thanks for the info! i will probably start with the cheapest one first &&& see how it does. lol, i'll keep u updated. thanks ladies Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by IF IT COMES nATURAL 16th December 2009, 3:48 pm

@ curly film - here's the link to darcy's
http://darcysbotanicals.com/

@kea- the cheapest one would be the ORS. You can find it at walgreens or a BBS
IF IT COMES nATURAL
IF IT COMES nATURAL

Back to top Go down

Post by lovesunshine17 16th December 2009, 4:48 pm

Yay for everyone graduating soon!! Smile I can't wait to hopefully go somewhere a little warmer next year, lol.

I had planned to do a bunch of styles with my hair this week but its crunch time so I left in the twists I did on Monday and just wear my winter hat with a satin scarf under it. I feel like I'm at the North Pole right now, lol, its so cold. I'm upset that my black Friday items have not arrived yet because I wanted to try them out over break but I may not get them in time...

Anyways, when its not exam time I usually change up my hairstyle every two days or so. The weekends are my time for washing and DC. Now that my hair is shorter, I might wash more than once a week but I'll wait and see... its cold. Smile
lovesunshine17
lovesunshine17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down