CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College Students

+6
Tnt38
Emartini04
rayray19
CurlyGirly9
Curly_BiNkY
Ebbz
10 posters

Go down

College Students Empty College Students

Post by Ebbz 19th December 2010, 7:50 pm

Since I've been home on break, all I want to do is play in my hair...twist it, wash it, frohawk, braids, deep condition, deep treat.......at school, I couldn't find the time to do any of this and now its like and addiction

Am I the only one? I'm really fighting this because I know too much manipulation is a bad thing. I am rocking a twist out right now and in a few days I will be putting some type of braid extensions in (kinky twists or yarn braids) for a few weeks.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

College Students Empty Re: College Students

Post by Curly_BiNkY 19th December 2010, 8:14 pm

Hey Ebbz! I think we follow each other on Twitter too lol. Since coming home 4rm school I've actually been the opposite & have been quite lazy w/ my hair. At school I wash & style my hair weekly like clockwork....but @ home...it's another story lol. Maybe I'm still resting up 4rm finals idk. Ha!

To answer your question I don't think it's bad @ all to try things out at home. It's probably good that you try things out now while you have the time, so when you get back to school you already know which styles & techniques to go to Smile
Curly_BiNkY
Curly_BiNkY

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyGirly9 19th December 2010, 8:42 pm

I agree with Curly_BiNnky. When i'm at school I wash and style my hair every week. Now that i'm home all I want to do is bantu knot it and forget about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyGirly9
CurlyGirly9

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 8:42 pm

I am the same way!! lol Ive been in my hair like crazy since the break started..im on youtube even more now looking at styles to try..but last week i manages to let a set of twist stay in my hair for 4 days!!

Right now im under the dryer DC..I plan on banding and putting a set of dry twist in..hopefully they can stay in my hair till Friday to give my hair a lil break before i head of to Columbia for a Christmas get together with my family..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 19th December 2010, 9:27 pm

Don't feel bad girl. I've been the same way. Join the club. I'm so addicted to this website, naturallycurly.com, and youtube that its ridiculous now. bounce
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 19th December 2010, 10:22 pm

I actually just got a sew in on friday so my hair can have a break from the harsh winter! Sooo no hand in hair syndrome for me......Well only to moisturize Laughing
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by J.S.M. 19th December 2010, 10:57 pm

Maybe it is a bad thing, but honestly, I'd rather be fussing over which products to buy and how to style my hair during my break than struggling with my 50%-of-my-grade Economics final or the entire debacle I had with my Statistics and Accounting classes over the semester.

J.S.M.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 20th December 2010, 12:58 am

Since the semester had ended. THANK god! I've been on this cite 24/7 Literally lol, but as for my hair I don't want to be bothered with it. I just wanna leave it alone and not mess with it. I just twisted my hair really small (took 3 hours Crying or Very sad ) and I plan on leaving them for the next 3 weeks Very Happy That will be the longest I've ever kept my twist in and I hope it lasts!
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 20th December 2010, 10:42 am

On break Im following the same schedule as I would do at school so there isnt that much manipulation.
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th December 2010, 3:29 pm

I don't have a set routine for my hair yet so I think thats why I play in it so much. And I agree about finals. I would much rather be doing my hair than worrying about that! I have learned a lot about taking care of it though since I got home so i guess it is a good thing.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 20th December 2010, 3:29 pm

Curly_BiNkY wrote:Hey Ebbz! I think we follow each other on Twitter too lol. Since coming home 4rm school I've actually been the opposite & have been quite lazy w/ my hair. At school I wash & style my hair weekly like clockwork....but @ home...it's another story lol. Maybe I'm still resting up 4rm finals idk. Ha!

To answer your question I don't think it's bad @ all to try things out at home. It's probably good that you try things out now while you have the time, so when you get back to school you already know which styles & techniques to go to Smile

What's your twitter name?
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by C. 20th December 2010, 3:40 pm

Yea, you're not the only one. Before I left school I put put in some mini twists with the goal of leaving them in the entire break. Well, last night I did my niece's hair and then became jealous. I wanted my hair back so I took them out and now I'm rocking a mini twist twistout. My next style will be the bantu-knot out from Naptural85's channel--check it out if you haven't, her hair is NICE.

But I think it's a good idea to play now, that way when you go back to school you'll have a few more hairstyles in your arsenal. don't know about you but I get tired of wearing the same hairstyles [even if they are really cute]. So, enjoy your break and your hair Smile

C.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down