CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 11:37 am

Very cute fro! And definitely no longer a TWA! You'll miss your twa though. I STILL do!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 11:47 am

Love that fro pic!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 21st June 2010, 3:28 pm

curly-me-naturally wrote:cute fro Girlie !!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_rr

Thank you!!! Smile

DvaAuNaturel wrote:You are way past TWA status. That fro is too cute! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Can't wait to see pics of the henna results.

I know! It seems like my hair grew sooooo fast. It's weird, even when I was transitioning for all of 2 months after I BC'd I had so much hair out of no where lol. But I didn't get any color deposit from my Henna sadly and I didn't feel much of a difference so I'm guessing it was something in my mix that made it turn out different than before Sad && By the way I am so absolutely loving my Oyin products, they leave my hair so moisturized all week!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Very cute fro! And definitely no longer a TWA! You'll miss your twa though. I STILL do!

lol thanks! It grew so fast, I feel like I barely was in the TWA stage lol

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love that fro pic!!

Thanks Sweet!!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd June 2010, 2:07 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:You are ready for National afro Day!!
ITA, your fro is beautiful, shapely and out there Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_wink !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd June 2010, 2:36 pm

Wow!!! No that is not a twa anymore...I love how full it is!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by missmoriah 22nd June 2010, 3:14 pm

WHOA THAT IS NOT A TWA...love the afro it looks nice and fluffy. (:
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 23rd June 2010, 5:06 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Lynnieluve wrote:You are ready for National afro Day!!
ITA, your fro is beautiful, shapely and out there Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_wink !

Thanks Smile

LaToya28 wrote:Wow!!! No that is not a twa anymore...I love how full it is!

lol I know! I love your new avi!! you are cranking out styles left & right

missmoriah wrote:WHOA THAT IS NOT A TWA...love the afro it looks nice and fluffy. (:

hehe thanks Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd June 2010, 5:09 pm

hey toya ms stokes EEEK....i see u are gettin some length....ok i see u...i see u!!

LOVE THE AVI n the star!

**i hate when im typing n tryin to multitask wit another topic** Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_mad

Last edited by NubieNatty on 2nd July 2010, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 25th June 2010, 3:02 pm

Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Kinky-curly

ā—¦ Ingredients- Mango fruit extract, slippery elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimibium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

Product Description: ā€ØKNOT TODAY TM is a creamy herbal conditioner and detangler designed to smooth the cuticle and remove knots, snarls and tangles from thick curly textured hair.ā€ØAfter washing hair, apply KNOT TODAY TM generously and work through troubled areas with a wide tooth comb.ā€ØCan be used as a regular rinse out conditioner for wavy hair or as a leave-in for thicker curlier hair types.ā€ØAn excellent product to use after removing braids and extensions.

I applied my KCKT in the shower on freshly conditioned and mostly detangled hair. My hair was feeling a little dry because I had terrible build up from something and ended up using my Aussie Moist shampoo to get it out ā˜¹ Anyways upon application, any tangles I had left in my hair seemed to melt away. A little goes a long way with this stuff, the consistency is thinner than what I usually like but about a quarter sized amount of this stuff was enough for my whole head. It went on so smoothly and my hair felt great! It was easy to spread through my hair and my fingers glided right thru while I finished detangling. I didnā€™t rinse any out because I tend to need more conditioner left in.

Now usually to prevent frizz I make sure I do a cold water rinse before getting out of the shower, but I was going to twist my hair up anyways so I wasnā€™t to worried about frizz. But to my surprise I had very minimal frizz when I got out the shower and I had amazing curl definition!! After a several uses and alternating between KCKT and my Giovanni Direct Leave in, I can definitely say the KCKT gave me the curl definition that almost competes with my gel, granted it gave me no hold but I wasnā€™t expecting that from a leave in conditioner anyways. I let my hair air dry and itā€™s usually around this time when my hair starts feeling dry again, but this wasnā€™t the case.

I also love the smell of this conditioner. I canā€™t put my finger on exactly what smells so good about it but I can say I prefer it over my Giovanni Direct Leave In, which seems to have an uhā€¦ interesting smell to me lol

Now onto the verdict:

Would I purchase it again & does it have staple potential??

Yes!! Defiantly in a bigger size though for some reason 8oz bottles freak me out because I tend to be heavy handed.

I give it ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5♥

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Empty YTC Condish

Post by mstokes2008 25th June 2010, 3:49 pm

Yes To Cucumbers Color Care Daily Makeover Conditioner

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 300

Ingredients- Aqua (Water), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract*, Capsicum Annuum (Green Pepper) Extract*, Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Camomile) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Brassica Oleracea (Broccoli) Extract*, Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea (Spinach) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*, Calendula Officinalis Oil*, Maris Limus (Silt) Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extract*, Parfum (Fragrance), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate Peel) Extract*, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus, Beta Vulgaris (Beetroot) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Dehydroacetic Acid.

Product description- You will love our Color Care Daily Makeover Conditioner, specially formulated to protect your color treated hair. Add moisture with organic cucumber, spring water and hydrating green tea to give you a glossy tangle-free shine. Combines organic cucumbers, aloe vera, centaurea and Dead Sea minerals. We've also added extracts of centaurea that contain a powerful blend of potent anti-oxidants to lock in color and protect fading. You can thank us later!

Price- $8.99 at Target $3.99 if youā€™re lucky enough to find some at Ross
Size- 16.9 oz

Review: This is my FAVORITE conditioner!!! Iā€™ve been using it for about 2+ months every time I wash/co wash my hair. It gives me the most amazing slip among any other conditioners Iā€™ve tried such as, HEHH, HETT, Suave Naturals, VO5, Bed Head MM etc. Itā€™s a green color (hence the cucumber), I enjoy the smell, itā€™s fresh-like lol. Itā€™s pretty thick in consistency and goes on very smoothly. It detangles like a dream. Iā€™ve used it for co washes, detangling, in my spritz, and as a leave in and I couldnā€™t be happier. Itā€™s defiantly my go to conditioner for anything I may need. My hair feels like butter during and after I condition with it.

Now onto the verdict:

Would I purchase it again & does it have staple potential??

Yes!! It is my #1 conditioner for the price and results. I do wish it came in a liter size, and for those of you who like to stock up, it also has an expiration date so just be cautious of that when you go to buy 10 bottles at a time lol. There is also a leave in conditioner for $12.99 in Target, the ingredients I think are identical except for maybe 1 or 2 differences, but I have yet to try it.

I give it ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5 ♥

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 26th June 2010, 4:30 pm

Your fro was super cute and the flat twists were lovely!! I keep hearing all these good things about Yes To Cucumbers, I think I'm just gonna have to break down and buy a bottle.....and I was doing so good Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th June 2010, 4:56 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:Your fro was super cute and the flat twists were lovely!! I keep hearing all these good things about Yes To Cucumbers, I think I'm just gonna have to break down and buy a bottle.....and I was doing so good Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes

Thanks Smile I can't wait for the 4th to rock my fro! & YTC is amazing! I'm down to one bottle and itching to go to Ross and hopefully stock up lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th June 2010, 5:32 pm

Great reviews. I love both of those products. I've recently started using YTCucumbers to co-wash/detangle with and KCKT will always be in my product rotation. The thing I like most are the ingredients....simple and very good for the hair.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th June 2010, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the thorough reviews!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th June 2010, 12:40 pm

great reviews!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 1st July 2010, 2:28 am

Thanks ladies, I'm working on reviews of some Oyin Handmade products as well.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 1st July 2010, 2:39 am

the fro looks very shapely cute looks like one of those back in day fros in the movies lol love it. good reviews both of the products. the KCKT and the yes to cucumbers are in my rotation.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 1st July 2010, 9:16 am

Lovin the fro mstokes, um no that surely isn't a twa anymore esp with the "new guidelines" lol. Great reviews it is so good to see you learning and loving your hair I remember when you bc, that's pretty cool Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 1st July 2010, 9:54 am

Hey Mel, aren't the new "guidelines" interesting? lol I feel like I'm in that in-between stage now and it's starting to get awkward. I'm excited though because I feel like I now am really starting to learn my hair and it seems like forever since I first BC'd, can't believe it's been over 3months already. We will be at 6 before we even know it lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 2nd July 2010, 1:08 am

Even though i love the idea of all natural products and ingredients, I'm kind of broke and wondering how my curls will do with certain cones in condishs like ♥ HETT & Aussie Moist ♥ but on to my two mini reviews...

A few weeks ago DvaAuNaturel sent me an awesome Oyin Handmade care package consisting of the Whipped Pudding, Shine & Define, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Juices and Berries, and the Grand Poo Bar. I also ordered the Honey Hemp Conditioner to see how the line worked together.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner

So I received my Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner about a week ago. I've used it twice and while I haven't used it enough to give an honest opinion about it, I'm not really feeling it and I don't think I'll be reordering. I guess I was expecting the "wow factor" that many other curlies rave about but it was no better than my VO5 as a cowash, the consistency is not as thick as I desire and I'm not a fan of the smell although it doesn't linger. And as a leave in, it left my hair feeling dry Sad I think it may be going under the cabinet for now and I may move on to try my Treseme naturals nourishing moisturizing. It also has a small amount of protein in it, not sure if that is part of the reason my hair isn't loving it....

So far I give it ♥ ♥ out of 5 ♥

Oyin Whipped Pudding

I love this as a moisturizer. I use it on top of my leave in and oil and even when I wear it out, it leaves my hair moisturized and soft all week. The only down side is the smell. It's kind of a chocolatey scent and although it fades within a couple hours, when I refresh in the morning with my spray bottle I feel like the water reactivates the smell. I don't see staple position as of yet only because of the smell, but if I can't find another product that moisturizes just as well I may have to consider using something to mask the chocolate scent. If it came in an unscented version it would be love especially since you can use it on your body as well.

As of now I give it ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ out of 5 ♥

As for the Pomade, Shine & Define and Juices n Berris, the jury is still out because I haven't formed a real opinion on them yet, but they all smell yummy Smile

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 2nd July 2010, 10:50 am

Glad you like the Whipped Pudding. I don't care for the smell either. You can add an essential oil to help with that. There are (should be) instructions on product to tell you how.

You do great reviews btw!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd July 2010, 11:38 am

Hey Mstokes,

I tried the oyin honey hemp after hearing people rave about it and I wasn't a fan of it either. My hair didn't feel moisturized after using it. I ended up just using it to finger detangle my hair and it was not a repurchase. Everyone's hair is different.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 2nd July 2010, 11:53 am

Great reviews! I haven't bought Oyin yet but I eventually want to give the Juices and Berries & the Honey Hemp a shot.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd July 2010, 12:40 pm

THAT WAS SO SWEET OF DVA. I HAVE NOT BEEN OVER HERE IN A WHILE, *WAVING*
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd July 2010, 4:02 pm

hey ms stokes (whew!! got it right this time, lol)

maaaaaaan, im hopin the oyin HH condish will work good on my tresses! now i think i'll downsize to a sample bottle...i mean...they arent too far from me and i have plenty of condish's to fall back on! everyone does rave about it too. i need to check wit lynnie to see how she's doin with it cuz she loved it back in her twa days...

umm...so are u joinin us for the BAA challenge Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 10 Suspect u clearly arent a twa anymore...go head...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next