CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by mstokes2008 7th May 2010, 12:24 am

Not much going on, I've been wearing a puff the last few days. My Giovanni Direct Leave in came in today and I'm pretty sure it's just going to sit in the box til I figure out what to do with it since it has protein in it and I don't feel like fighting with my hair when it protests so yeah...

On the other hand I did find some Say Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner in Ross for $3.99!!!! woot! I was to excited!!! I bought both bottles that were sitting there. I contemplated going to Target to get the leave in, but wasn't sure about spending 13 bucks on something I wasn't sure would work.

I just finished cowashing my hair with the conditioner and OH BOY!!!!!! I now understand what people say when they say their hair feels like butter!!! So far I love it, the smell is subtle but I like it, the consistency sort of reminded me of my beloved Bed Head MM, but when I put it on my hair it surprisingly was the BEST feeling conditioner I have used to date!!! Surprised The slip... oh my!! it was amazing, my fingers slid straight thru, no tangles, and no shed hairs left in my hand (which I was experiencing when I was using the Bed Head). My hair is sooo soft it makes me happy dance I just hope it feels this awesome in the morning.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 6 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th May 2010, 8:24 am

Better than Bed Head MM...I'm almost out and I was going to buy some from Target...priced at $21.99 affraid

So...I'm going to try SYTCC hope I can find it for $3.99 LOL

Thanks for the review. I've read others, but I haven't read anyone's review that compared it to Bed Head MM...which I totally love.

I've haven't been by lately, but I hope you are ready for your finals and packed and ready to go home for the summer.

I didn't go back and read you previous posting, but have you been out and about without your head band? Very Happy

Have a great day!
KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th May 2010, 8:31 am

@KNH- The biggest reason I liked it better than the Bed Head MM was because it didn't have the protein and it's cheaper. Thats always a plus lol. But it did seem to leave my hair softer, I'm really hoping the results last longer.

I have one final left on Tuesday, I'm sooooo ready to be done. I'm pretty much packed up, I move into my new apartment next Saturday and the following Tuesday I'm going home to North Carolina for a week!!!! Then the following week is my 20th birthday and then the first week of June my mom and me are taking a mini vacay to Orlando!!!!! I just need to get past Tuesday and then I can celebrate and relax for the rest of the month!!! lol

And yes I went headbandless for about a week, it was exciting, I've been doing a puff lately but I hate using gel so I will probably be rocking a fro until I leave.

Thanks for checking in on me. I hope you have a great day also!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th May 2010, 8:45 am

mstokes2008 wrote:@KNH- The biggest reason I liked it better than the Bed Head MM was because it didn't have the protein and it's cheaper. Thats always a plus lol. But it did seem to leave my hair softer, I'm really hoping the results last longer.

I have one final left on Tuesday, I'm sooooo ready to be done. I'm pretty much packed up, I move into my new apartment next Saturday and the following Tuesday I'm going home to North Carolina for a week!!!! Then the following week is my 20th birthday and then the first week of June my mom and me are taking a mini vacay to Orlando!!!!! I just need to get past Tuesday and then I can celebrate and relax for the rest of the month!!! lol

And yes I went headbandless for about a week, it was exciting, I've been doing a puff lately but I hate using gel so I will probably be rocking a fro until I leave.

Thanks for checking in on me. I hope you have a great day also!!

That's true it does have protein, and I remember reading that your hair doesn't respond well to a lot of protein. I have found that my hair doesn't like a lot of protein as well, so co-washing with Bed Head MM gives me the protein I need and I don't have to do DC with protein. (which does not work for me at all)

Orlando.....you are so lucky!! Are you going to check out the new Harry Potter theme park? My sons want to go so bad...(even my oldest in college) but we have plans for summer already.

woot! for going without your headband and rocking a puff. Just alternate between the puff and your fro and watch your hair grow, grow, grow!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 7th May 2010, 8:54 am

Hey mstokes..thank you!

I, too, just bought this product at Ross for $3.99! :-) I haven't used it due to the 30-day product challenge. But, I'm glad for another positive review...whew!

Now, it better work the same for me! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 9:17 am

good review and so glad u found it for $4. did u find it at ross too? umm bed head mm for $22 Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 6 Icon_eek shhhhhhyyyd does that come wit a free tap dance show from chris brown? p. diddy better show up n clean my dmn bathroom for THAT price!!

good luck on the move n schooling, i hate movin. all that packin n unpackin...ugh!! and definitely enjoy ur vacay!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th May 2010, 9:44 am

@KNH- I'm still searching for a decent DC, but I use to DC with my Bed Head, but the protein was like overload for me lol. I still co wash with it every now and then so I get some protein and I'm determined to get my 10 bucks worth for that itty bitty bottle.

I think my mom wants to go to Sea World. She's going down there for a conference for work, I just get to tag a long, we're staying at some resort style hotel so I'm excited with wherever we go lol

@Rly1- I think I'm going to be using the conditioner and Leave in for my next product line for the 30 day challenge. When I go home this weekend I'm going to stock up on every 3.99 bottle I can find lol

@Nubie- Yes I found it at Ross, I'm mad I had to search behind, under, and around everything else. I don't understand why it couldn't just be sitting in front of all those other bottles lol. Now if they just sold the Leave in too I would be set lol & lol at Chris Brown tap dancing. I would pay to see that, and Diddy can come clean my bathroom too lol. I just can't be paying over 20 bucks for a conditioner, but sadly I'm getting into make up and I'm struggling to talk myself out of paying $15 for one eyeshadow No so I guess it isn't a big difference.

& I absolutely hate unpacking, I usually end up living out of boxes and suitcase until everything gets either worn or needed. It's sad lol.

-on a side note, has anyone else noticed that posting and quoting is acting weird??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th May 2010, 9:50 am

yea nikki disabled it til its fixed!! im tryin to get into makeup too which reminds me...to head over to the makeup thread, chrs left me the link!!

and good job on leavin the headband behind, i know its hard to come out of that comfort zone!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 10th May 2010, 11:01 pm

Man I feel like I haven't been over to the Curl Street in awhile.

Just a mini update-
I love love love the Say Yes to Cucumbers conditioner!!!!!! Its defiantly competing with my love for Bed Head MM but since it's protein head I think it's safe to say that YTC is pulling ahead lol.

I cowashed with it Thursday and it stayed soooo soft and defined all the way until I washed it again on Sunday which for me is AMAZING!!!! To say I was thrilled would be an extreme understatement!!! When I get some cash I will more than likely be buying the Leave in. Smile

As far as my Giovanni Direct Leave in... yeah it's still in the box unopened lol

But on another note, my last final is tomorrow morning so I'm going back to studying... yuck
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th May 2010, 11:26 pm

I'm glad you like SYTC! I really want to try it now ... I'll be looking for it at Ross for sure Very Happy
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 10th May 2010, 11:58 pm

You are soooo making me want to try the Yes To Cucumbers... It sounds lovely! I'm always on the lookout for the next best moisturizing conditioner.

Oh and a tip on the Giovanni when you decide to use it, IMO it works best on wet hair. I use it in the shower right after I cowash and it makes my wash and gos so soft and fluffy! When I first got it, I tried it and dry hair and that was an epic fail!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 12:00 am

I am happy the SYTC is working for you..but did you say better than BHMM?? WOW!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 11th May 2010, 12:23 am

@Bholmes- surprisingly I bought both bottles I found at the Ross by my house, I'm tempted to go searching for more and stocking up lol

@Jlowman-You should try it!! And on the giovanni I may try it next time I wash my hair to see how it compares to me just leaving my rinse out conditioner in.

@Sweet-lol yeah I like it better than the Bed Head, 1 because it doesn't have any protein, or parabens, and the ingredients are pretty much just better over all, 2 because it leaves my hair soft, moisturized, and defined for days!! && 3 it's sooooo much cheaper, which is awesome for a broke college student like me lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 11th May 2010, 4:59 am

Hey msstokes2008!

I had to chime in on the love of Yes to Cucumbers conditioner...I'm lovin' it! I'm about to hit up all the Ross' I can...LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th May 2010, 8:52 am

Morning mstokes

Just wanted to stop by and wish you well on your finals today. My son has his first one today as well, so I'm headed to FB to wish him well on his wall. Which I'm sure is going to embarrass him. However, he is such a good kid he won't mind too much!! LOl

I wish I as still in college and could have a summer of leisure!! sunny

Have a good day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 11th May 2010, 9:55 am

Hey MS, girl you are making me want to SYTC. LOL, I went to whole foods yeterday and bought giovanni smooth as silk, and direct leave in. I am still not sure on what it is doing to my hair so i cant comment yet.

How do you know that your hair does not like protein? What are her symptoms?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th May 2010, 12:45 pm

I understand the products and the price. I am hooked on my BHMM. I hardly use it because I am down to the bottom. LOL and I don't want to get on E until I find it on sale! LOL!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 11th May 2010, 2:57 pm

@TheRYL1-I know I can't wait until I get paid Friday I'm pretty sure I'm going to be on a mission to find some more. lol

@KNH-Thanks for the good wishes! I am ALL done!!! FINALLY!!!! lol. I think I managed 3 B's and an A so I'm happy. I hope your son does well on his finals too. My mom leaves tons of comments on my wall wishing me luck and stuff, it makes me feel special lol.

@Rose- You should try it. I haven't seen hardly any negative reviews. I think I'm going to try the Giovanni Direct Leave In laster on today so I'll post a mini review on that after I see how it affects my hair.

But how I can tell my hair doesn't like protein is out of the products that didn't work for me I looked up and compared their ingredients and then compared how they made my hair feel. When I would Co wash with the conditioners, my hair just felt gross, not gunky but I could barely run my fingers through it. It instantly tangled up and was just idk... it's hard to explain but was defiantly not a feeling I could get out the shower with. I had to re conditioner 3 or 4 times with a different conditioner to get it feeling back right. The products I've tried are Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut, Giovanni 50:50 conditioner, Cantu Shea Butter Leave in, and a few other ones that I can't remember lol. The Bed Head MM has amino acids at the end of the list, which I can handle every few days as long as I don't use it as a leave in. So yeah... that's pretty much how I could tell in a large nut shell lol. Sorry so long.

@Sweet- I really do love the BHMM but man my little bottle is almost on empty but I can't justify buying a $20 bottle when I have 2 full bottles of YTC and 2 or 3 other conditioners to use up lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th May 2010, 1:07 pm

Howdy Neighbor!! Also to chime in about protein. If you have too much protien your hair will be brittle and hard and easy to break.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 14th May 2010, 9:50 am

Hey Mstokes,
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 6 678474 at being all done. Now you can relax and get ready for your vacay.

Thanks for the YTCucumbers review. You got me thinking about my use of Giovanni SAS. I always have shed hairs when I use it. Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 6 Icon_scratch
But it detangles my hair great.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th May 2010, 10:18 am

i use my SAS every other month, im tryin to get into using at least once a month to keep everything balanced. I definitely needed it this past winter cuz i shed alot but havent really used it since. I only go back to it when i notice shedding! i've yet to use it as a DC tho'.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th May 2010, 10:34 am

*waving as I drive by*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th May 2010, 10:57 am

I'm going to have to try that SYTC I don't think I've read a bad review of it yet. . . Is it just a wash-out conditioner or can you use it to DC?
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th May 2010, 1:12 am

Muz wrote: I'm going to have to try that SYTC I don't think I've read a bad review of it yet. . . Is it just a wash-out conditioner or can you use it to DC?

I haven't used it as a DC yet, I'm considering using it tomorrow when I DC but I'm not sure, but I like it ok as a leave in.

--------------------

Wow feels like I've been gone for ages lol. My summer has been very fast paced. After I moved into my apartment I left for a week. Went to visit fam in NC for a mini family reunion and went to Myrtle Beach (it was sooo beautiful lol) I was kinda upset that I didn't get to sleep in not one day! I thought it was supposed to be a vacay lol. I'm back in San Marcos for a few days (my 20th bday is Sunday!!! hehe dance ) & then on Monday I leave for Orlando for a week. So maybe I'll get to sleep in all week (doubt it tho Sad )

Nothing much has been going on with my hair. Just WnGs... I did find an awesome combo for my curls to be poppin like crazy while I was home... I cowashed with Giovanni Tea Tree first and then used my YTC. I used the accordion method with the YTC all over and rinsed while gently shaking my head with cool water. Then while still wet scrunched (I guess thats what you would call it) in some Giovanni Direct Leave In (which I surprisingly love), sealed with some jojoba oil (because my olive oil spilled in my mom's suitcase Sad) and was on my way!! My hair was so soft and curly and shiny and it moved!!!! lol
Also, after not being able to find any within an hour of my home in Texas, I was able to find a Target within 30 miles that carried the Curls for Target line so I went and bought the condish and the creme brule. In hindsight I probably shoulda bought the whole line seeing as I had to go all the way to NC to get it lol.
I did attempt at twisting my hair this week... yeah I got like halfway and gave up and took them out. They were taking sooo long because they was so small. I may attempt them again this week and try doing them bigger.

Aside from that nothing interesting has been happening. So that's all for now...

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th May 2010, 1:42 am

Hey Mstokes....

I'm glad you did so well on your final grades. My son did well, but it didn't help much because he was slacking off the beginning of the semester. So his 3.4 GPA dropped down to a 2.78. Well....you know what he'll be doing all summer...LOL right SUMMER SCHOOL...LOL

Anyway...I am so glad you like Giovanna Direct Leave-In. I tried it after Lynn suggested that I do the water, oil and cream technique before I style and I have to say I can feel the difference in my hair only after using it 3 times!!! I really love this stuff and it maybe replacing my Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner and Bed Head MM. Can you believe that?

Well...I have a lot going on this weekend so just in case I don't get back over here...Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!! woot!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next