CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteé
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Empty Mstokes2008-Featured on 2 CN members website: Waves, Kinks, and Kurlz

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 12:41 am

So I've decided to start my own BnB thread!!! Yay!!!!! Well as some of you know I started transitioning after my last relaxer in January of this year, and after only 2.5 months of transitioning I got frustrated and chopped it off lol.

Day of BC

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Dsc00527

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Dsc00528

Well as a brief back up, I've been getting relaxers ever since I could remember. Apparently I asked for a relaxer when I was younger. Tsk tsk shame on me No lol. While I was on the creamy crack my hair was always pretty healthy, never passed shoulder length though. Based on pictures when I was younger I had hair around BSL, and oh boy do I want it back. But enough of that, the past is the past, lets look towards the future!! YAY!!! lol

Right now I'm still less than a week post BC, my hair is a little uneven and there's still a few stupid relaxed ends hanging on for dear life, and I'm still trying to develop a regimen. Products I'm currently using are:

HEHH
HETT
Aussie Moist
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
Suave Naturals Strawberry something or another lol
IC Fantasia Gel (don't know if I'm really feeling it anymore though)
EVOO
Proclaims Natural 7 oil (which includes: olive oil, castor oil, canola oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, sesame seed oil, and sweet almond oil)

While I was transitioning I used Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 and I really liked it, but it has mineral oil in it so I stopped using it. But today I decided "what the heck" and tried it to see what it would do... yeah, I don't think Makayela (my hair) liked it to much. So yeah, I'm just on a mission to figure out what she likes and doesn't like and especially something that will moisturize (I am following MC's tip for keeping the hair moisturized twice a day from her video so hopefully that will help) and give me some good curl definition.

So welcome to my journey ladies, any advice would be awesome!!! Very Happy

Last edited by mstokes2008 on 12th July 2010, 9:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th March 2010, 12:53 am

Welcome to the challenge!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 12:57 am

thank you! Don't think I've commented on your thread yet, but I love your twist out!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th March 2010, 12:59 am

welcome!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th March 2010, 1:00 am

mstokes2008 wrote:thank you! Don't think I've commented on your thread yet, but I love your twist out!!

Thanks!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 26th March 2010, 1:08 am

Welcome!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 1:24 am

Thanks ladies!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 26th March 2010, 1:26 am

You didn't stalk for long lol...Welcome even though I just started mine yesterday Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 1:29 am

So I just co-washed with ORS replenishing conditioner, put in some organics hair mayo leave in and sealed with olive oil && all I can say is YUCK!!! I didn't use a lot of anything but I'm not loving it, my hair feels soft but gross at the same time if that's possible. When I rub my fingers through it and go to type on my laptop my keys are so greasy. No I use to use to love my ORS products when I was relaxed and the organics leave in and olive oil worked ok while I was transitioning but this is my first time using any of them since I BC'd and I think I may be going back to the drawing board Sad

Oh well, we'll see how my hair acts/looks/feels in the morning. Goodnight!!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 1:29 am

MellowOne wrote:You didn't stalk for long lol...Welcome even though I just started mine yesterday Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Icon_smile

lol I've been secretly stalking the BnB threads for the past month but thought it seemed to late to start one and then I saw you started yesterday, so better late than never!! lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th March 2010, 1:48 am

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Icon_biggrin Yay! You started a BnB! Welcome to the challenge!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th March 2010, 1:52 am

LOL @MellowOne!!! You sure didn't stalk for very long!! Welcome to the challenge! I'm so glad you started your own thread Razz
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th March 2010, 2:01 am

mstokes2008 wrote:So I just co-washed with ORS replenishing conditioner, put in some organics hair mayo leave in and sealed with olive oil && all I can say is YUCK!!! I didn't use a lot of anything but I'm not loving it, my hair feels soft but gross at the same time if that's possible. When I rub my fingers through it and go to type on my laptop my keys are so greasy. No I use to use to love my ORS products when I was relaxed and the organics leave in and olive oil worked ok while I was transitioning but this is my first time using any of them since I BC'd and I think I may be going back to the drawing board Sad

Oh well, we'll see how my hair acts/looks/feels in the morning. Goodnight!!!

Be careful with the ORS conditioners, they are loaded with cones and other yuckies like mineral oil and petrolatum. That would account for the greasy feeling. Those ingredients coat your hair instead of moisturizing and actually block moisture from getting in. The only thing I still use from them is the Olive Oil Shampoo, however, I plan to stop now that I have the KC Come Clean. I also use Nature Shine (which doesn't have any yuckies) from time to time, and plan to try the Lock and Twist Gel. But that's about it.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 3:47 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Be careful with the ORS conditioners, they are loaded with cones and other yuckies like mineral oil and petrolatum. That would account for the greasy feeling. Those ingredients coat your hair instead of moisturizing and actually block moisture from getting in. The only thing I still use from them is the Olive Oil Shampoo, however, I plan to stop now that I have the KC Come Clean. I also use Nature Shine (which doesn't have any yuckies) from time to time, and plan to try the Lock and Twist Gel. But that's about it.

Thanks, I didn't even realize it had so much grossness in it since my relaxed hair loved it so much!

Happy Friday Ladies!!! Hope everyone is having an awesome beginning to their weekend! So I've discovered that I may have a patch of scab hair on the side of my head. Sad Not cool. But what can you do? I'm trying to find a decent natural hair salon in the San Antonio/San Marcos area but not having much luck and these little relaxed ends are starting to irritate the mess out of me lol. My hair still feels absolutely disgusting after that ORS conditioner co-wash. I think I may be doing my first ACV rinse today, so I sure hope that turns out well. I'm itching to go on a mini hair supply shopping spree but I don't want to go buy a bunch of stuff that I'll probably only end up using once. What do any of you ladies use as a moisturizer besides conditioner?
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th March 2010, 3:59 pm

You won't be able to get the ORS out with an ACV rinse alone. You will definitely need a clarifier. I'd suggest doing a baking soda clarify and then to the ACV rinse. Or just shampoo it out. Most of the moisturizers I use are online (Afroveda, Qhemet, Oyin) however you may be able to find a store in your area that carries these. I haven't found a moisturizer that wasn't loaded with mineral oil and the like in a BSS. If you do, please let me know. Have a great day!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 11:02 pm

So I washed my hair after class and co-washed with my suave naturals strawberry conditioner and then went and got my hair shaped and the relaxed ends clipped. I felt kinda bad for the lady doing it though. I detangled my hair and everything but she still seemed to be having a hard time. But I must say she surprisingly did a good job!! After I got done I went and got some suave clarifying conditioner, cantu shea butter leave in, and some HETT mousse. But man I must say my hair is the softest its been since my BC!!! I'm not sure if it was the Conditioner or the trim but I was ecstatic!! woot! Even my little patch in the back is feeling softer and curlies are starting to pop everywhere!! dance I can't keep my hands out of it. I wanna try some 2 strand twists this weekend but I'm not sure if my hair is long enough yet. But we will see what happens. But for now I am off to watch ♥️ New Moon ♥️ (Yeah, I'm pretty much a Twilight fanatic, its one of my very few obsessions lol)
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 27th March 2010, 10:15 am

Welcome to the challenge!!! Can't wait to see your pictures!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 27th March 2010, 10:17 am

Welcome and enjoy!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Empty My first natural puff!!!!!!

Post by mstokes2008 28th March 2010, 11:35 pm

Hope everyone's weekend has been grand! Mine was pretty uneventful. But on the plus side I got my mom off the creamy crack!!!! She wanted to borrow my "Good Hair" movie and when she got to the part where the chemical was burning through the soda cans she called me freaking out!!! It was funny but I'm ecstatic that she's done with chemicals. Now she's calling me asking about cones and shampoos and stuff she's heard me mention. Hopefully I can secretly get her addicted to CN and other hair boards lol.

But on to my hair...

I got my first puff today!!! dance

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Dsc00610

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Dsc00611

I think I'm in love♥️♥️♥️ lol

Also I've been looking into the hair typing thing and even though it doesn't really matter, I have become extremely intrigued. My hair when wet gets all slicked down and straight/wavy if that makes sense. Kinda like this:

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! Dsc00612

Well exactly like that seeing as it's a picture of my hair ((plz ignore the bra, I was fresh out the shower)) lol. But other hair I've seen like that, no product and wet is the type 3 hair. When my hair is dry and no products it's starting to curl up!!! I'm uberly excited woot! and if anyone could give me some more advice on hair typing that would be beyond awesome!!! Well I am off to do some Sunday night hw. Hasta Mānana ladies.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th March 2010, 11:36 pm

&& thank you for the warm welcome Kinky & Blonde!! Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th March 2010, 1:37 pm

Hey stokes!!! Love that puff. You should check out MC, your hair looks similar to hers.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 1:40 pm

Really? You think so?? I love her hair lol. I was just watching her Accordion Technique video because I'm about to attempt another WnG for class. Do you think it's weird that I'm not hardly getting any shrinkage??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 29th March 2010, 1:43 pm

Not wierd at all. You just bc'ed last week right? It could take a few weeks before your hair shows its true curl pattern. When it does, you'll definitely notice the shrinkage.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 29th March 2010, 2:04 pm

Oh ok, well I just did that accordion WnG && omgosh this is the BEST WnG I've had (even though it's only been a week lol) The curl definition is amazing compared to what I have been doing. I'll post some pics after class. Have you tried KCCC??
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 29th March 2010, 8:04 pm

That's great that you got great results with the accordion technique!!! I can't wait to see pics Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next