CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twist=straight hair??

+3
jcanalena79
BekkaPoo
A-Felice
7 posters

Go down

Twist=straight hair?? Empty Twist=straight hair??

Post by A-Felice 20th April 2010, 4:55 pm

Hello all! Smile

I twisted my hair last night, and had two problems...
First of all I have a twa, and when I twisted it... it would simply unravel into a coil...now I've seen some people with TWA's get respectable twists.. is there any lightweight hold product that will keep my twists in?
Also, I attempted a twist out.. but alot of my hair was straight! The back looked straight up relaxed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Now I have 3c hair... I think... could it be that i need more hold...or should I accept I can't do twists and twist outs?

Thanks guys.

Pics below Smile ( I pinned it up to go to class)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by A-Felice on 25th April 2010, 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Twist=straight hair?? Empty Re: Twist=straight hair??

Post by BekkaPoo 20th April 2010, 6:27 pm

I wish I could help you, but twistouts/braidouts hardly ever work well in my hair. Only if I do one single braid and release it does it look halfway decent, otherwise, nope.
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 20th April 2010, 10:35 pm

The same thing happens with me. I have to put small rollers on the ends, but the strands still look straight. It just means I have to use smaller twists ...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 22nd April 2010, 9:54 pm

I have the same problem and I've tried 3 times. I give up until my hair grows out a lot more. One thing I've noticed with my hair is the curl pattern I was seeking with a twist out is what I get with a dry wash and go. By twisting my hair I'm making it straighter and losing the curl. If I can find a way to sleep overnight with my wash and go and then fluff it the next morning withOUT frizz, I will have the look I want from the twist out, kwim? Still working on it. Good luck to you.

*Love the beads in your hair!! Is that a true hair accessory or did you just get creative?
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 23rd April 2010, 2:28 am

Free2Be wrote:*Love the beads in your hair!! Is that a true hair accessory or did you just get creative?

Thanks, it was just a broken necklace i had laying around Smile lol
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque 23rd April 2010, 12:15 pm

sorry u didn't get the results you were looking for but the pin-up is every cute. Luv the hair accessory very creative.
newcurlieque
newcurlieque

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 23rd April 2010, 11:37 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the hair accessory! How creative! Hmm, I may have to track down something similar to jazz up my TWA.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by KeepingitKurly 24th April 2010, 4:05 pm

Your twist looks nice too me.... I have done twist in my hair twice... Since I BC'D... the first time I used shea butter and they turned out ok but they were just to soft to hold the curl.... So the next time I used some Jamacian mango and lime twisting gel and they held up really nice and they had a nice amount of shine to them when I took them out also...
KeepingitKurly
KeepingitKurly

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 25th April 2010, 3:32 am

You guys! I put some twists in and they stayed!! I'm taking the twist out on Monday, and then I'll tell you guys the secret products I used. I want to do the twist out before I go recommending anything to anyone [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] one of them is a little...unusual. Very Happy Here's 2 pics of the twists.

Huge difference right! Before they were basically coils, now I have legit twists...and..they're baby soft, but I'll say more about the products on Monday when I post twist-out pics.

Stay tuned Smile
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Felice 25th April 2010, 5:40 pm

I took out the twists today instead. FAIL. They still suck. They're some straight sections too. I just have have to accept that twist outs don't look good on me. For now. At least untail I get some length. It looks like I just rolled out of bed. I'm going to rock it with a headband today..but that's about it guys. I really don't like it.

However! My hair is so SOFT. Like baby hair.
Here are the products I used.

Jane Carter revitalising leave in conditioner.
I made a mix of H2O, Safflower Oild, A bit of KCKT and KCCC
Over the days that I left in the twists I sprayed the Leave in and sealed with Safflower oil.

The secret ingredient??
Nubian Heritage Shea Butter Infused with Coconut and Papaya Skin Cream

I know... I picked up by accident and figured, what the hay, it's got great ingredients...let me try it on my hair. It's left my hair (and my hands!) baby smoothe. I love it!

The ingredients: Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Papaya Extract, Vitamin E and Essential Oil Blend.
That's it!

So its a semi-fail really. Supper soft hair...busted twist out.. Very Happy

Pics
A-Felice
A-Felice

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 25th April 2010, 5:48 pm

Isn't it annoying? FWIW, the twists themselves looked great. Too bad they didn't untwist properly. I love Jane Carter's products.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 25th April 2010, 6:09 pm

I think hair has to get use to being twisted. I started doing the two strand twist about 2 years ago. It took six or more months for my hair to actually look right when I did them. My hair was shoulder length when I started. They looked pitiful when I first started. They would unravel at the ends and have straight pieces here and there. It was a disaster. It does get better!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down