CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd July 2010, 8:41 pm

Hey mstokes...

Great review Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_cheers However, I LOVE Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 678474 It does so well as a leave in for me!!!! However, I am using Giovanni Direct LI now, but Oyin is my back up. I may not repurchase, because really like Giovanni, and I'm thinking about JnB challenge of using products I can purchase right out the stores..you know. I feel you on the budget...and I've spent way too much money on products for real!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Lol

Now on to that fro!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_rr AWESOME!!! You are so ready for Sunday!!! Take plenty of pictures.....

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by mstokes2008 3rd July 2010, 1:26 am

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Glad you like the Whipped Pudding. I don't care for the smell either. You can add an essential oil to help with that. There are (should be) instructions on product to tell you how.

You do great reviews btw!

Thanks, I have yet to buy any EO's. What are some of your faves?

krazy coils wrote:Hey Mstokes,

I tried the oyin honey hemp after hearing people rave about it and I wasn't a fan of it either. My hair didn't feel moisturized after using it. I ended up just using it to finger detangle my hair and it was not a repurchase. Everyone's hair is different.

lol atleast I'm not alone. It's to expensive to use as a detangler for me so it may end up on the swap board since I have more than enough conditioners for the time being.

jlowman1 wrote:Great reviews! I haven't bought Oyin yet but I eventually want to give the Juices and Berries & the Honey Hemp a shot.

Thanks! I like the Juices & Berries for spritzing my flat twists & it smells so yummy lol

CrissyQ wrote:THAT WAS SO SWEET OF DVA. I HAVE NOT BEEN OVER HERE IN A WHILE, *WAVING*

*waving back* hey Crissy!!!
NubieNatty wrote:hey ms stokes (whew!! got it right this time, lol)

maaaaaaan, im hopin the oyin HH condish will work good on my tresses! now i think i'll downsize to a sample bottle...i mean...they arent too far from me and i have plenty of condish's to fall back on! everyone does rave about it too. i need to check wit lynnie to see how she's doin with it cuz she loved it back in her twa days...

umm...so are u joinin us for the BAA challenge Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Suspect u clearly arent a twa anymore...go head...

lol your silly. I wish more people offered samples online so I wouldn't have to buy the full priced bottles and end up not liking them.

&& I'm really bad about updating in the challenges. I may go peek in there tho lol

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey mstokes...

Great review Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_cheers However, I LOVE Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 678474 It does so well as a leave in for me!!!! However, I am using Giovanni Direct LI now, but Oyin is my back up. I may not repurchase, because really like Giovanni, and I'm thinking about JnB challenge of using products I can purchase right out the stores..you know. I feel you on the budget...and I've spent way too much money on products for real!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Lol

Now on to that fro!!! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_rr AWESOME!!! You are so ready for Sunday!!! Take plenty of pictures.....

KNH

I'm glad you're liking the Giovanni DLI. I was loving it until I found the KCKT, now I'm having a hard time going back lol. I do keep thinking about trying JnB's challenge but I'm trying to see how the rest of the Oyin Handmade products are going to work out

Thanks for the fro compliment! I'm so excited for Sunday, still havent found the perfect hair candy for it yet though
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd July 2010, 1:30 am

The Honey Hemp Conditioner did work for Roxie either.....it was like putting water on my hair. Now I love the Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding together for two strand twist. I'm okay with smelling like chocolate. Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 3rd July 2010, 3:16 am

I love the smell of the Whipped Pudding. Lol. But I love chocolate. Just goes to show "to each his own". Thanks for the reviews I might have to check out this Yes To Cucumbers everyone is talking about.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd July 2010, 3:54 am

Lynnieluve wrote:The Honey Hemp Conditioner did work for Roxie either.....it was like putting water on my hair. Now I love the Shine and Define and Whipped Pudding together for two strand twist. I'm okay with smelling like chocolate. Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_lol

I had a similar feeling when I used it lol. I'm still trying to decide between the Shine and Define & the Burnt Sugar Pomade for my twists... I'm torn and don't see much difference in the results.

Juices-n-Berries wrote:I love the smell of the Whipped Pudding. Lol. But I love chocolate. Just goes to show "to each his own". Thanks for the reviews I might have to check out this Yes To Cucumbers everyone is talking about.

lol I love chocolate too, but idk, I guess I like more fruity/citrus scents in my hair. *shrugs shoulders* Any suggestions for a similar pudding/butter moisturizer??

&& you should totally check out the YTC, I think I've only seen negative/indifferent response to it.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd July 2010, 3:55 am

On another note why after like 2 months am I just realizing that Aloe Vera Gel is pretty awesome to smooth my hair back into a puff?? I kept hearing about it and it's just been sitting in my fridge since I got it. I don't like the smell at all though, but eh what can you do? lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 4th July 2010, 12:27 am

what kinda aloe vera u got? i got the lily of the desert from whole foods...it does really have a smell to it. then again i use mine for aloe grow mix so i mix it with eo's n etc!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th July 2010, 3:08 pm

@Nubie- I have the same one. It's an uh... interesting smell lol.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Empty Just a quick comparison

Post by mstokes2008 6th July 2010, 2:40 am

Hey Ladies, just a quick semi length check...

Here's my fro about a week or two after my BC...
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Picked10

And here it is on the 4th...
Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 4thjul11

I see a good amount of growth especially since I'm able to pull it back a lot further
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 6th July 2010, 9:32 am

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 11 Icon_cheers Yay!!! Your fro has grown out a lot.... Happy growing!!!
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th July 2010, 11:06 am

Good growth. Your 4th of July fro is gorgeous. Like the headband too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th July 2010, 12:34 am

thanks ladies Smile

So I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated. My conditioner arsenal is beginning to run frighteningly low and I'm attempting to find more products with natural ingredients... or atleast more CG friendly, protein free products.

So a few weeks ago I picked up the Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner. The bottle boasts about being Silicone free which is what caught my eye. Today is the first day I've been able to use it because I've been trying to give my Oyin Handmade products a fair shot.

Wwwweeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll I pretty much say the TN Conditioner was a FAIL!!!

When I first pumped some in my hand my first impression was that I usually like my conditioners thicker in consistency but at 4 bucks for a big bottle I can afford to use a little more. So on it goes... while rubbing it in I was thinking "Woah this stuff is kinda awesome" Ithad great slip, went on easy, and didn't have an overly harsh smell. Everything seemed great. I left it in for a few minutes like I do with all of my conditioners before I rinsed it out. Well... when I went to rinse it out, that "awesome" feeling I had only a few short minutes before was completely GONE!!! It didn't feel like the straw feeling I'm use to when conditioners go wrong but it just wasn't right. Confused I looked at the ingredients on the bottle searching for some kind of "hydrolyzed, amino, soy, something or another" and I didn't find any. To sum it up, my hair feels gross. I tried re conditioning with something else and continuing my usual routine... didn't work. So I hopped back in the shower to try something else. Yeah pretty much another fail. No I'm almost positive I will be wearing a tam to work tomorrow. I hate putting gel in my hair especially if it's not going to dry in time, so I have to figure something out. After I got out the shower I went on a search to figure out what was in the ingredient list that made things go wrong. And I found it...

lauroyl lysine
Aspartic acid

Hidden proteins... ugh I was pretty much feeling like FML... I guess I have yet another shaving conditioner SMH

Can anyone suggest some CG friendly, natural ingredient, protein free conditioners for me?? I'm starting to become a little sad and discouraged.

On a SN-I've figured out the Oyin Grand Poo bar doesn't work for me and something is making my head itch horribly but idk what it is smh Sad
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 7th July 2010, 6:33 pm

Hey mstokes!!

Your hair is seriously on the grow!!! Your fro was lovely!! Sorry about your experience with the conditioner, I hate when that happens.....you're expecting these great results and then NOTHING!! LOL.....anywho thanks for the tip on the Aloe Vera Gel. I have a bottle sitting in the closet and was wondering what I could use it for, now I know......
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th July 2010, 1:10 pm

Hey mstokes! Girrrrrl your hurr is growing like a weed! I love that fro. I've been on the fence about trying Tresemme Naturals condish, but now I think I'll pass...thanks for the review!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 8th July 2010, 1:18 pm

I love your reviews and your hair looks great!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th July 2010, 2:38 pm

Your hair is growing soooo fast! Wow thats an awesome fro!

I'm sorry you didn't like the TN. Have you tried Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose? I for sure know its silicone free and pretty positive that it is protein free.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th July 2010, 3:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your fail. I lovvve tresseme flawless curls, it is not from the natural line and as far as ingrediants, IDK. LOL i have tried aubreys organic white camellia, and I like it. i will revisit it once i am done with the TFC.

o, I it

Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aspartic Acid, Quatermium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, PEG-9, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Thiamine HCl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.

CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 8th July 2010, 7:11 pm

Hey MStokes! Sorry you didn't like the tressamme naturals condish. I like it but it's not my fave. Didn't realize it has some protein in it. How far down is it on the ingredient list? Guess it doesn't matter if your hair doesn't like it. I would try the aubrey organics. Hopefully that will be better for you. NOW- YOU have experienced some awesome growth! 2 thumbs up on your July 4 fro!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 9th July 2010, 12:40 am

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey mstokes!!

Your hair is seriously on the grow!!! Your fro was lovely!! Sorry about your experience with the conditioner, I hate when that happens.....you're expecting these great results and then NOTHING!! LOL.....anywho thanks for the tip on the Aloe Vera Gel. I have a bottle sitting in the closet and was wondering what I could use it for, now I know......

Thanks lady! And you're welcome about the tip I was struggling with that Aloe Vera Gel for the longest lol

LaToya28 wrote:Hey mstokes! Girrrrrl your hurr is growing like a weed! I love that fro. I've been on the fence about trying Tresemme Naturals condish, but now I think I'll pass...thanks for the review!

lol thanks! I'm close to being able to get a ponytail now!!! & you should try the conditioner! So many people love it I'm just not one of them lol. Not to upset though since I only paid $4.

Ebbz wrote:I love your reviews and your hair looks great!

Thanks Smile

jlowman1 wrote:Your hair is growing soooo fast! Wow thats an awesome fro!

I'm sorry you didn't like the TN. Have you tried Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose? I for sure know its silicone free and pretty positive that it is protein free.

I have not tried the AOHR. I saw it in Whole foods and either that one or the AOWC had protein so I put them both down and got the KCKT lol

CrissyQ wrote:Sorry to hear about your fail. I lovvve tresseme flawless curls, it is not from the natural line and as far as ingrediants, IDK. LOL i have tried aubreys organic white camellia, and I like it. i will revisit it once i am done with the TFC.

o, I it

Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aspartic Acid, Quatermium-18, Fragrance (Parfum), DMDM Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Isostearamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Disodium EDTA, PEG-9, Amyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Thiamine HCl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.

Hey Crissy, I'm glad your loving the flawless curls. I'm contemplating taking a break from my CG method, just to see if I see a difference but I'm afraid lol

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th July 2010, 10:12 am

I meant to stop by and say love love LOVE that fro!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 9th July 2010, 10:20 am

Awww..I'm sorry the TNC didn't work for you. I picked some up this past weekend and I really like it. I don't actively search for protein free conditioners since I'm not protein sensitive but I do hope you find something soon! I know how it feels to be running low on condish lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 9th July 2010, 11:23 am

LOOK AT YOU MS THANG! That fro is adorable!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 9th July 2010, 11:36 am

Your hair has grown a lot!!! Nice!!

As far as conditionors for now my hair likes the Aubrey Organics White Camellia and the Giovanni Smooth as Silk. I cheated on my conditioners with Nature's Gate Hemp shampoo and let's say I'll never do that again!!!

I hope you find a conditioner that works for you!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 12th July 2010, 9:49 pm

Happy Monday Ladies! I've been kind of MIA the past week, and I've been busy busy busy.

-Started working 35 mins away from my apartment
-messing with my blog
-started a YouTube Channel
-got a new camcorder
-and have been featured on Tashafawn24 & TwistedKurlzz new Natural Hair site:Waves, Kinks, and Kurlz!!!!! I am their Kurly of the week, and my hair story is posted in the Journey to Freedom section. So when you get a chance, go check out their site, support them, and join!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 10:14 pm

I see you doing big things lol that hair is fab you are really taking good care of it. Sorry that you did not like the TN conditioner i wanted to try it but you are like the third person that said it didn't work so I'll wait. I like the aubrey organics mangrin olive oil conditioner Don't know the ingredents but it works wonders. I also like the Trader joes tea tree conditioner and the goivanni smooth as silk. The trader joes is all natural and has no sulfates.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14 ... 18  Next