CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

+52
curlya
naturallynola
mizcreativelyme
wyldhoney
swoodward
freckledmom4
thetiffany
LovingLife
nattyblog
cyclingchick
Fabulousat50
WhosThatRedHead
AfrikanLatina
Ebbz
Buttercup76
QuietButterfly
missmoriah
coilykinks
curlsunfurled
CocaColaCutie
ladykay6
curly-me-naturally
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
iri9109
priceless
Muz
jlowman1
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
tiashaunteƩ
ktoliver5303
NubieNatty
Nikcoils
jcanalena79
talljournalist
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Intelligentbeauty
Erica5417
Lynnieluve
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
Cherry: extraordinary!
MellowOne
LaToya28
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
mstokes2008
56 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by DvaAuNaturel 30th July 2010, 8:21 pm

Had me fooled too! Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 14 Lol Nice half wig. I'll be heading to YT to see what all of ladies are up to. I'll be checking out the vid shortly.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 14 Empty Re: Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!!

Post by mstokes2008 31st July 2010, 12:55 am

lol thx guys Smile

&& Dva- love the new avi!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 31st July 2010, 2:09 am

Hey Ladies,

I haven't done a real hair update in awhile. Work has been keeping me pretty busy and I've been wearing my half wig the last past 3 weeks with my hair two strand twisted underneath. I usually twist on Sunday nights and take them down on Friday nights. There's a section in the middle of my head that NEVER stays twisted, not quite sure... I know that's my looser texture but grrrr I wish it would cooperate with me a little. But I digress. Anyways I'm still not comfortable wearing my twists or twistout out yet but I'm sooooo tired of wearing my half wig it's not even funny. I want to just let me hair out!! I think it's so funny because after all these years my mom is finally wearing her hair out and now I'm not lol. I'm in the Crown & Glory and New 30 day twist challenges but I don't update so I guess that doesn't really count. I put myself on a personal challenge to try and keep my hair in protective styles until school starts on the 25th of August but honestly I'm not going to make it lol. Soooo.... yeah, On the plus side, my hair is almost back to shoulder length stretched in the back!!! woot! I don't want to do an official length check until school starts which will be right after my 5 month anni, and I'm still contemplating straightening my hair for my 6th month, but I probably won't. I'm to scared of heat damage lol. But that's all for now I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to go and check up on every one else now
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 31st July 2010, 9:10 pm

im scared of heat damage too and i know dmn well im not gonna straighten it now wit this heat. my head would be lookin like mannie fresh at the top wit straight ends Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 14 Icon_eek

i love ur vids!! keep em up and im so proud of ur mom. she's made sucha big step of backin awaaay from the wigs!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st August 2010, 1:51 am

Okay....I'm half way through your thread and I'm thinking...4 months? scratch So I missed your 4 month anniversary!!! I'm so sorry, but Happy 4 Month Anniversary!!! dance

I will say that the half wig and flat twist in the front had me thinking "WOW her hair has really grown. LOL Too cute!! I'm going to check out your new video now...

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st August 2010, 2:01 am

mstokes2008 wrote:
Hey Ladies,

I haven't done a real hair update in awhile. Work has been keeping me pretty busy and I've been wearing my half wig the last past 3 weeks with my hair two strand twisted underneath. I usually twist on Sunday nights and take them down on Friday nights. There's a section in the middle of my head that NEVER stays twisted, not quite sure... I know that's my looser texture but grrrr I wish it would cooperate with me a little. But I digress. Anyways I'm still not comfortable wearing my twists or twistout out yet but I'm sooooo tired of wearing my half wig it's not even funny. I want to just let me hair out!! I think it's so funny because after all these years my mom is finally wearing her hair out and now I'm not lol. I'm in the Crown & Glory and New 30 day twist challenges but I don't update so I guess that doesn't really count. I put myself on a personal challenge to try and keep my hair in protective styles until school starts on the 25th of August but honestly I'm not going to make it lol. Soooo.... yeah, On the plus side, my hair is almost back to shoulder length stretched in the back!!! woot! I don't want to do an official length check until school starts which will be right after my 5 month anni, and I'm still contemplating straightening my hair for my 6th month, but I probably won't. I'm to scared of heat damage lol. But that's all for now I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to go and check up on every one else now

Speaking of heat damage....there is a young lady at my church that is natural, and she decided to press the front of her hair. Now the front won't revert back!!! I'm like REALLY!!! No SMH I don't know why she did that, and she didn't use a heat protection on here hair. hummmmm.......I was looking at here like this... affraid and thinking "ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

I want to straighten my hair for my 1 year anniversary, but I think I will just treat myself to a visit to a high end NATURAL salon!!!

Now...I'm headed to watch your video...LOL

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 1st August 2010, 11:37 am

help me! I cant find the video.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 1st August 2010, 1:49 pm

NubieNatty wrote:im scared of heat damage too and i know dmn well im not gonna straighten it now wit this heat. my head would be lookin like mannie fresh at the top wit straight ends Mstokes2008-Straight hair & 1 year since my last relaxer!! - Page 14 Icon_eek

i love ur vids!! keep em up and im so proud of ur mom. she's made sucha big step of backin awaaay from the wigs!!

lol I know as soon as I stepped outside it would probably just revert back lol

&& thanks for the video comment. I've got two more I'm going to try and upload today. & I'm so excited for my mom, I want her to go ahead and cut it already lol

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Okay....I'm half way through your thread and I'm thinking...4 months? scratch So I missed your 4 month anniversary!!! I'm so sorry, but Happy 4 Month Anniversary!!! dance

I will say that the half wig and flat twist in the front had me thinking "WOW her hair has really grown. LOL Too cute!! I'm going to check out your new video now...

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
mstokes2008 wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Speaking of heat damage....there is a young lady at my church that is natural, and she decided to press the front of her hair. Now the front won't revert back!!! I'm like REALLY!!! No SMH I don't know why she did that, and she didn't use a heat protection on here hair. hummmmm.......I was looking at here like this... affraid and thinking "ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

I want to straighten my hair for my 1 year anniversary, but I think I will just treat myself to a visit to a high end NATURAL salon!!!

Now...I'm headed to watch your video...LOL

KNH

That's scary! Seeing that alone would make me NEVER want to straighten it, I may just try that awesome roller set MC did.

& I want to visit a Natural hair salon too, but they're arent many around my school Sad

CrissyQ wrote:help me! I cant find the video.

lol hey CQ! Here's the link to my new video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cgcV2MBYM
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 1st August 2010, 11:05 pm

So I'm taking a CG break to try and see if my hair still loves my HHTT like it did when I first BC'd. I'm gonna go for about 3 weeks or until my bottle is empty (whichever happens first). I'll be popping in with updates on that.

On another note, I think I'm done with wearing my half wig for a while, I pretty much love my hair to much lol. I add a pretty awesome puff this wknd, I'll post pics as soon as I get a breather lol.

And lastly, uploaded another pic, this one is showing my two strand twists for the first time!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrzbxj5UQc0
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 12th August 2010, 4:35 pm

Thanks for visiting! You people are fearless. I said, "AT YOUR OWN RISK" LOL!

Anyway, I had to run and see your journal because that avi is hot!! Now where is this video? OK, I see the link, I'll be back with my review. Wink
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 12th August 2010, 4:40 pm

nattyblog wrote:Thanks for visiting! You people are fearless. I said, "AT YOUR OWN RISK" LOL!

Anyway, I had to run and see your journal because that avi is hot!! Now where is this video? OK, I see the link, I'll be back with my review. Wink

lol I just figured if you took the time to post it AND put "AT YOUR OWN RISK" it would probably be kind of interesting lol.

But thank you for the avi love, I've been playing around with mybannermaker.com lol. But yeah I've added I think 2 other videos since the 2strand twists video. Hope you like them Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 12th August 2010, 4:45 pm

MY OFFICIAL REVIEW: Very nice vid! I'm going to sub and see where you take it.

I was like your other commenter because first you said you weren't comfortable wearing the twists out and then the next thing you took the wig off, lol! It looks really good on you though. I may have to look into those half wigs...

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 12th August 2010, 4:48 pm

lol thx for subbing Natty!

lol I'm not comfortable wearing them to work yet. I work on an Air Force base and the non military there are older and kind of conservative lol. I gotta ease them into stuff lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 12th August 2010, 4:57 pm

So I've been crazy busy lately!! Work and moving are taking a toll on me and school starts on the 25th, I'm so ready but very tired.

Anyways, my mommy finally did her BC yesterday!!!! woot! Well actually I cut it for her!! It looks so very awesome on her Smile I'll be posting pics of it as soon as I get a longer breather.

As far as my hair... I've accomplished my first "true" puff. And I mean true, because it's finally long enough for me to slide the headband up in the back!!! Smile Pics of that will be coming along with my moms. The other night I started randomnly coiling my hair while watching TV and I must say I LOVED it. I didn't finish it because I needed to wash my hair and it was already 10:30 and I had to be up at 5:30 the next morning and I wasn't even halfway done yet. So hopefully when I go wash my hair in a few, I'll be able to sit still and do my whole head. But we shall see.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th August 2010, 4:59 pm

Hey mstokes! so your mom finally did her bc huh? I bet it super cute!

Well, I'm loving your avi. Looks like you have some pretty awesome growth so it appears your hair is loving your regimen. Keep it up girl!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 5:02 pm

I was just about to ask you if your mom did her bc! Yay for her!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 12th August 2010, 5:06 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey mstokes! so your mom finally did her bc huh? I bet it super cute!

Well, I'm loving your avi. Looks like you have some pretty awesome growth so it appears your hair is loving your regimen. Keep it up girl!

Thanks! That was my fro from the 4th. I have yet to do any kind of length checks since like May lol. I think I will wait until my 6month. And I'm so glad I have finally figured out some solid staples. But I am still testing stuff out here and there.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I was just about to ask you if your mom did her bc! Yay for her!!!

lol she sure did and her TWA looks great!!! Her curl definition is crazy already! Im jelly lol My hair was a frizzy mess when I first BC'd.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 17th August 2010, 6:47 pm

Hello lady!! Loving the new Avi!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 7:12 pm

She did the bc? I have to go check her out next!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st August 2010, 10:53 am

Congrats to your mom! Congrats on your first puff! Is that your first puff in your avatar?

Love your avatar--cute flower.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd October 2010, 11:07 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Congrats to your mom! Congrats on your first puff! Is that your first puff in your avatar?

Love your avatar--cute flower.

Thanks! & no that was my hair from the 4th of July.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 3rd October 2010, 11:11 pm

Wow Its been soooooooooooo long since Ive updated my CurlStreet!!! whew I've been so busy it's ridiculous. School, work and a new puppy have been keeping me tied up. Nothing much has been up with my hair, my 6months was on Sept 22nd though!!!!! It's grown so much! I'm currently putting mini twists in and will try to post pics when I'm done, in the mean time, I uploaded a quick video on a twist out I did last week. Check it out!!

mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd October 2010, 11:14 pm

Nice twist out and video!!! sunny
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th October 2010, 12:57 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Nice twist out and video!!! sunny

Thanks KNH!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th October 2010, 1:05 am

Cute twist out!!! You didnt say what products you used
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next