CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by DvaAuNaturel 9th April 2010, 11:53 am

tiashauntee wrote:Today's hair was inspired by CurlyNikki:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 MessySideBun-vi

My hair after taking out the cornrows:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 DSCN0043-vi

Never has my hair felt so soft, looked so healthy, and had such sheen. I contribute all of this to finally learning how to properly care for my hair. It took a while to learn but it was worth it, I look in the mirror and I am amazed. Funny...I thought hair like this would make me want to wear it out all the time but instead it is doing the opposite. I want to protect it well and show off (LOL) only when necessary.

This afternoon I will be washing and roller-setting my hair. I am going to interrupt my all-star lineup and try a different pre-poo: coconut oil & honey. It sounded too yummy to resist. Then I will follow that with my regular routine. Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner-detangle-rinse-Shampoo-detangle-rinse-HE HH-detangle-rinse-Shea Butter leave in-Style.

I haven't pieced together my roller-set products yet. I really want to simplify this process so I won't be so discouraged about doing it. I am open to suggestions😕

Last time I used:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Sweet Almond oil
Spray Bottle with water/conditioner mix (for detangling)
Shea Butter/Coconut Oil Mix
That's way more than I really want to use

Good Morning Tia,

Messy bun looks cute! Your hair looks good.

~Dva
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by Pinkrage 9th April 2010, 12:04 pm

Tia,

I love the braidout! Too cute! You are using A LOT of stuff for your roller set. I don't think you really need all of those items. Why can't you just do the CN setting lotion, water spray bottle, oil and roll your hair?
Pinkrage
Pinkrage

http://www.fotki.com/pinkrage

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 12:06 pm

Pinkrage wrote:Tia,

I love the braidout! Too cute! You are using A LOT of stuff for your roller set. I don't think you really need all of those items. Why can't you just do the CN setting lotion, water spray bottle, oil and roll your hair?
I stopped using condish/water mix because it makes my scalp itch more. I like the water and oil idea but I am not sure how it will work. I would love to use one thing, like a hair lotion.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 9th April 2010, 12:29 pm

Your braidout hair looks gorgeous hon, just GORGEOUS!!! I agree ... w/roller sets, less is definitely more. How about just a aloe vera gel/water/oil mix?
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th April 2010, 12:47 pm

I always love your hair, I like the curlynikki inspiraton.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 9th April 2010, 1:07 pm

I like the messy bun--and the earrings in the pic...what shape is that? it looks like a jean jacket. lol
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 1:18 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:I like the messy bun--and the earrings in the pic...what shape is that? it looks like a jean jacket. lol

Here they are:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Earrin10

I love those earring!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 9th April 2010, 1:28 pm

TiaShauntee, I first saw you on your fotki. and i have to say that when my hair gets long enough to do twist, i hope they look nearly as good as yours do
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 1:30 pm

Deva_87 wrote:TiaShauntee, I first saw you on your fotki. and i have to say that when my hair gets long enough to do twist, i hope they look nearly as good as yours do

Aww, thanks! and I'm sure they will - just keep practicing. Mine looked horrible the first few times. I am almost ashamed of my beginning pics
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th April 2010, 1:51 pm

I love the CN insired messy buns. Cute earrings.

If you have setting lotion, you can add a bit of water and use that with your oil for sheen.

BTW, I found non-petroleum jelly a couple of weeks back in a local health food store. Yep, I picked it up. I have used it a few times.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 1:54 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I love the CN insired messy buns. Cute earrings.

If you have setting lotion, you can add a bit of water and use that with your oil for sheen.

BTW, I found non-petroleum jelly a couple of weeks back in a local health food store. Yep, I picked it up. I have used it a few times.

I don't have any regular setting lotion because I added the remaining amount to the CN setting lotion mix. I do have some organics moisturizing lotion, do you think that will work the same?
I have been curious about that non-petroleum jelly. I will look for it on my next visit to Whole Foods.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 9th April 2010, 2:07 pm

LOVE the braid out. I have some setting lotion. Want me to bring you some?
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 9th April 2010, 2:43 pm

Hey Tia!!! That "make it happen" product line up seems to be the jackpot! Your hair looks amazing!! I absolutely LOVE the braidout cheers

And the earrings are super cute! ^-^
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th April 2010, 3:04 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Today's hair was inspired by CurlyNikki:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 MessySideBun-vi

My hair after taking out the cornrows:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 DSCN0043-vi

Never has my hair felt so soft, looked so healthy, and had such sheen. I contribute all of this to finally learning how to properly care for my hair. It took a while to learn but it was worth it, I look in the mirror and I am amazed. Funny...I thought hair like this would make me want to wear it out all the time but instead it is doing the opposite. I want to protect it well and show off (LOL) only when necessary.

This afternoon I will be washing and roller-setting my hair. I am going to interrupt my all-star lineup and try a different pre-poo: coconut oil & honey. It sounded too yummy to resist. Then I will follow that with my regular routine. Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner-detangle-rinse-Shampoo-detangle-rinse-HE HH-detangle-rinse-Shea Butter leave in-Style.

I haven't pieced together my roller-set products yet. I really want to simplify this process so I won't be so discouraged about doing it. I am open to suggestions😕

Last time I used:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Sweet Almond oil
Spray Bottle with water/conditioner mix (for detangling)
Shea Butter/Coconut Oil Mix
That's way more than I really want to use

That braidout is awesome! I finally saw the cheat roller set on you tube. I don't have the magnetic rollers only perm rods. I am tempted to do it that way this weekend when I wash and detangle my hair. I wonder if that will work? Can't wait to see that rollerset.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 10th April 2010, 12:43 am

Love the hair as always, TIA. And those earrings are so cute. I want them.......(hand out) Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th April 2010, 11:15 pm

Love your braid out!!!!

Your did an awesome job on NaturalNixon's hair. If I am ever in Raleigh, I have to make an appt with you!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th April 2010, 11:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Love your braid out!!!!

Your did an awesome job on NaturalNixon's hair. If I am ever in Raleigh, I have to make an appt with you!!
What she said, I just saw the pics on FB!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th April 2010, 1:35 am

tiashauntee wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:I love the CN insired messy buns. Cute earrings.

I don't have any regular setting lotion because I added the remaining amount to the CN setting lotion mix. I do have some organics moisturizing lotion, do you think that will work the same?
I have been curious about that non-petroleum jelly. I will look for it on my next visit to Whole Foods.
Sorry for the late response. I am not familiar with the organics moisturizing lotion. I would say try it. I would love to see pictures of NaturalNixon's hair. Going to check out her thread, I am sure it looks great!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th April 2010, 10:51 am

I did it...I roller-set and then flat ironed my hair on Friday afternoon/evening.
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 IMG00085-20100410-2121

The IC Fantasia Heat Protector made this an easy task and I am proud of the length that I have retained. My hair is in extreme need of a cut to even it up. I may do that closer to the end of the year when I got back to bunning. That gives me plenty of time to get my nerves together

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Length10

On Sunday, I attempted a pompadour
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Pompadour ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Beyoncehighpoofyhairstyle08-vi
Inspired by Beyonce. I didn't have the pic up while styling so that shape is a little off, but it's close enough for me.

I was supposed to cornrow my hair last night but I kinda passed out around 9:30 and didn't open my eyes until 7:15 this morning. I have Zumba tonight, I wont have a choice but to braid it up after all that sweating.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th April 2010, 10:56 am

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Icon_eek woooooow! its so pretty. i bumped my finger into the computer screen thinkin i can touch it ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Icon_redface
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th April 2010, 11:01 am

NubieNatty wrote:♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Icon_eek woooooow! its so pretty. i bumped my finger into the computer screen thinkin i can touch it ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 22 Icon_redface
lol!

Thanks!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 12th April 2010, 11:10 am

Very nice!!! I love that your pompadour was classic and elegant I love you
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th April 2010, 11:11 am

Hot dang!!! Work it!!! that hair is beautiful!!!! You are soo good with styling. Did you ever consider doing hair as a profession?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th April 2010, 11:15 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hot dang!!! Work it!!! that hair is beautiful!!!! You are soo good with styling. Did you ever consider doing hair as a profession?

I sometimes wonder if I should have went that route. But I was the type of children that did what was expected. I didn't want to go to college but I did - made good grades and graduated on time. Doing hair may have been more fun and I could be the owner of my own establishment by now.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th April 2010, 11:20 am

tiashauntee wrote:
sweetdrk1 wrote:Hot dang!!! Work it!!! that hair is beautiful!!!! You are soo good with styling. Did you ever consider doing hair as a profession?

I sometimes wonder if I should have went that route. But I was the type of children that did what was expected. I didn't want to go to college but I did - made good grades and graduated on time. Doing hair may have been more fun and I could be the owner of my own establishment by now.
It's never too late!! You are talented and I have seen folks get paid that can't touch you with a telephone pole!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next