CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by tiashaunteé 7th April 2010, 11:02 am

TerraD wrote:I have still not been able to find the sheamoisture line here in LA! I want to try braids so bad, but I would look 2 yrs old! I'll wait until my hair grows a little more, maybe by the fall I will be BSL ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Icon_lol . If not, I'm coming to NC, so you can hook me up!

LOL, I feel the same way but I just couldn't find time to do something daily and this pollen is just too much. I am looking forward to the rain that has been predicted for tomorrow.

CocaColaCutie wrote:Kudos on finding your product line up! If I could stop buying products long enough to test out what I already have I'd be in better shape. LOL. I think I'm getting close though. I walked through Walgreen's yesterday and couldn't find anything I wanted to try. That's progress.

That is progress. I remember the first time that happened to me, I actually got mad. Mad because I couldn't find anything to buy - silly me.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by jcanalena79 7th April 2010, 11:50 am

tiashauntee wrote:Cornrows are not much to talk about - I rinsed them this morning Very Happy and that is about it. I think I should start moisturizing the ends. I will spray and seal them tonight.

In other news....

Guess what I realized last night....I have discovered my "make it happen" product line up:
Pre-poo: Dabur Jasmine Oil
Detangle: Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
Shampoo: Suave Humectant Shampoo
Conditioner: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Leave-in Conditioner: SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-in
Moisturizer: Care Free Curl Instant Moisturizer
Styler: Spring Shea Butter Mix

For the past few weeks everything I use this combination my hair has been extremely soft, moisturized, and less tangled. I love it! dance
Patience and dedication has paid off. Now I want to find a second combination so that I can switch it up every now and again.

CONGRATS!!! You know I want to be where you are, like, tomorrow, lol!!! I'm willing to be patient for a little while longer though.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 2:42 pm

I can't wait to have a make it happen list. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Icon_cheers I feel so all over the place with all these products i haven't used yet and with all these items on my can't wait to try list. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Confused
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 9:00 pm

TerraD wrote:I have still not been able to find the sheamoisture line here in LA! I want to try braids so bad, but I would look 2 yrs old! I'll wait until my hair grows a little more, maybe by the fall I will be BSL ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Icon_lol . If not, I'm coming to NC, so you can hook me up!

They have it online on Target's website
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th April 2010, 10:20 pm

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Icon_cheers for a product line up that works!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th April 2010, 10:28 pm

npmoore04 wrote:

They have it online on Target's website

Thanks! I'm totally ordering it!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th April 2010, 2:02 am

YAYY!! FOR THE WINNING PRODUCT LINE UP!!! cheers
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS OF YOUR CORNROWS. DID YOU JUST GO STRIAIGHT BACK OR PUT IT IN ANOTHER STYLE.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Empty Almost Friday..... :)

Post by tiashaunteé 8th April 2010, 1:06 pm

Nothing exciting today. I am thinking about taking down my cornrows either tonight or tomorrow morning. I really don't want to wear my hair out at work because it attracts too much attention and I would rather not have the workplace attention. But my cornrows are kinda frizzy and I want to give my hair a break before washing tomorrow. I hate going from one style immediately to another.

Any suggestions on what to do on a braid out to hide hair? Would a messy bun work?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 8th April 2010, 1:36 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Any suggestions on what to do on a braid out to hide hair? Would a messy bun work?

I definitely think a messy bun would work. Nikki has some cute pics on the blog with low, messy buns she did with old twistouts and braidouts.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th April 2010, 1:54 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:Any suggestions on what to do on a braid out to hide hair? Would a messy bun work?

I definitely think a messy bun would work. Nikki has some cute pics on the blog with low, messy buns she did with old twistouts and braidouts.

I'm going to give it a shot
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th April 2010, 2:01 pm

messy bun would work with may a couple of flat twist on each side. I think nikki did one of those styles.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 8th April 2010, 2:13 pm

My vote is for the messy bun. I just love your hair!!!
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 8th April 2010, 9:17 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
jcanalena79 wrote:

I'm going to give it a shot

Give it a shot. Girl, after you hooked up the flyyyyy Jill Scott inspired hair with the conrows I knew you had skills. The messy bun will be nothing for you. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Icon_wink I know it'll be cute.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th April 2010, 10:11 pm

I love messy buns on old braidouts!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th April 2010, 11:07 pm

I love the make it happen line up!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th April 2010, 5:09 am

TIA, let's not forget about the ROSA PARKS style. Wink
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 9:43 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:TIA, let's not forget about the ROSA PARKS style. Wink

I remembered that this morning after I have done the bun. So I may do that one with next weeks braid out. I am doing a roller-set this weekend so doing cornrows on straight hair should be interesting.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th April 2010, 10:11 am

I hate doing cornrows on my straight hair. It's very scalpy on me and looks like I have thin hair!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 Empty T.G.I.F.!

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 10:15 am

Today's hair was inspired by CurlyNikki:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 MessySideBun-vi

My hair after taking out the cornrows:
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 21 DSCN0043-vi

Never has my hair felt so soft, looked so healthy, and had such sheen. I contribute all of this to finally learning how to properly care for my hair. It took a while to learn but it was worth it, I look in the mirror and I am amazed. Funny...I thought hair like this would make me want to wear it out all the time but instead it is doing the opposite. I want to protect it well and show off (LOL) only when necessary.

This afternoon I will be washing and roller-setting my hair. I am going to interrupt my all-star lineup and try a different pre-poo: coconut oil & honey. It sounded too yummy to resist. Then I will follow that with my regular routine. Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner-detangle-rinse-Shampoo-detangle-rinse-HE HH-detangle-rinse-Shea Butter leave in-Style.

I haven't pieced together my roller-set products yet. I really want to simplify this process so I won't be so discouraged about doing it. I am open to suggestions😕

Last time I used:
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel
Sweet Almond oil
Spray Bottle with water/conditioner mix (for detangling)
Shea Butter/Coconut Oil Mix
That's way more than I really want to use
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 10:17 am

TerraD wrote:I hate doing cornrows on my straight hair. It's very scalpy on me and looks like I have thin hair!

I like my cornrows thick and I know that my texture helps them look that way. If they don't look right a little rinse under the shower will solve that problem.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th April 2010, 10:25 am

what made u want to remix ur line up? condish-poo-condish? is that to preserve the pre-poo?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 10:28 am

NubieNatty wrote:what made u want to remix ur line up? condish-poo-condish? is that to preserve the pre-poo?
In my mind (LOL) it's to help loosen up and break up the dirt so that I want have to use so much shampoo or shampoo for an extended time. Plus it makes detangling so much easier and my hair is detangled for the remaining steps. I haven't had a bad detangling session since doing it this way.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th April 2010, 11:32 am

Morning Tia~

Just curious...your braid out is beautiful and I understand you want to protect your hair, but I would have worn that to work for real. It is beautiful. Nevertheless...your bun is cute as always.

Have a great weekend!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th April 2010, 11:42 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Morning Tia~

Just curious...your braid out is beautiful and I understand you want to protect your hair, but I would have worn that to work for real. It is beautiful. Nevertheless...your bun is cute as always.

Have a great weekend!

KNH

If I wasn't coming to work I would have - but I have to wear a headset that snags my hair and I can feel the strands getting pulled out when I take it off throughout the day.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th April 2010, 11:48 am

You are making that shirt pop!! I love the braidout, you know that is my favorite on you!! But heck that head of hair is gorgeouos no matter what you do to it! TGIF!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next