CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by MahoganyCurls 23rd March 2010, 10:11 am

Morning Tia!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Empty Clean hair and a bun

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 10:12 am

Last night was Zumba night so after class I was of course all sweaty from shaking my stuff Razz
I pre-pooed my hair with some Dabur Jasmine oil that I purchase from butters-n-bars. That is some strong smelling stuff. I am either going to have to use it up quick or give it away. The directions on the bottle say to leave it on for an hour and then wash. I could not have left it on longer if I wanted to. I am too sensitive to smells.
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Dabur-Jasmine-Hair-Oil-Big

After watching the washing and detangling kimmaytube video I have been washing/co washing my hair in sections. However, since I care about my water bill I only wash in two sections - which works just fine. Since following this technique my wash time has decreased because I don't have to detangle as much. I also shampoo my scalp AND hair but did not experience any dryness or that stripped feelings. I don't know if it was the Jasmine oil or the result of being a moisturizing and sealing Nazi.

I found my warmer weather moisturizer (previously, I mentioned wanting to find something to replace the aloe gro so my hair would not get used to it). I have been using it since this weekend and I am loving the results (this may have cause the softness). I have been using Care Free Curl (with glycerin and protein). I read about it on LHCF and decided to give it a shot. Jherri Curl Juice works! cheers and it does not leave my hair feeling brittle after it dries - that soft moisturized feeling stays. I love it.
♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 212

I didn't realize I had so much to tell, LOL.

Oh, I am wearing my trusty bun Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 10:13 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Good Morning Tia!

MahoganyCurls wrote:Morning Tia!

Good Morning ladies!!!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 23rd March 2010, 12:14 pm

Care free curl? Fa real? I have the "instant activator" stuff from them, thinking that it would bring back the curl in my heat damaged ends. Man, left my hair like straight up straw!

But I may have to look into the moisturizer spray....
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 12:21 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Care free curl? Fa real? I have the "instant activator" stuff from them, thinking that it would bring back the curl in my heat damaged ends. Man, left my hair like straight up straw!

But I may have to look into the moisturizer spray....

The ingredients are slightly different so that may have a lot to do with it:

Instant Activator: Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Polyquarternium-11, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Parfum/Fragrance, Dimethiconol, Wheat Amino Acids, Yellow 5, Orange 4, Silica

Instant Moisturizer: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Dimethicone, Silica, FIL D2549/1.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 23rd March 2010, 12:27 pm

hmmm i may have to look in the care free curl instant moisturizer...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd March 2010, 12:38 pm

Interesting
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 23rd March 2010, 12:43 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:THIS pictures is too cute!!

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 DSCN0079-vi

I like the way you do different twists and pin ups with your hair. Can't wait to see your weekend hair!!!

luv it!!!!!! i think my hair is too thick at the roots to look this well (unless i do this hairstyle the first day of a fresh twist out)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd March 2010, 12:47 pm

I just came from outside and the wind is blowing really hard. I caught of gust of something that smelled really good but there are no trees or flowers out there. When it happened again I realized it was my hair. The mix of Curl Free and Jasmine oil is quite nice once the strongness of the scent fades.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 23rd March 2010, 1:27 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I just came from outside and the wind is blowing really hard. I caught of gust of something that smelled really good but there are no trees or flowers out there. When it happened again I realized it was my hair. The mix of Curl Free and Jasmine oil is quite nice once the strongness of the scent fades.

LOL.. That is very interesting with the Curl Free. I will have to look into that. Because it gets up too 120-150 degrees out here. So I HAVE TO protect my hair at all cost...
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 23rd March 2010, 11:16 pm

I LOVED ur weekend styles but then again I always do Wink
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 24th March 2010, 12:41 am

Care Free Curl?!! Well, whooodathunk?! I'm really loving the discovery of cheap, BSS/grocery store brands that really work. Thanks for the heads-up!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 10:06 am

Nothing special today. Just another bun day. Last night I did have to redo my bun because I did is sloppily on Monday night it was looking kinda pitiful by the end of Tuesday. So I licked my hair back and instead of twist I did plaits and pinned them in place. I feel a lot more "put together" now.

Before plaiting I did moisturize with Curl Free and seal with Organics Olive and Clove oil. Talk about a good smelling time - whew, I love the scent of both of those products Smile .

I am really really really feeling this Curl Free as a moisturizer. I can't believe how soft my hair feels. Also, I remember that spritz my entire length with Curl Free on Saturday night before twisting - that is one of the reasons that my hair was so soft on Sunday. So now I know that if I want a really defined look that I will probably have to not use the Curl Free when styling.

I am ready for the weekend because I found my weekend style: Jill Scott
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 10:12 am

tiashauntee wrote:Nothing special today. Just another bun day. Last night I did have to redo my bun because I did is sloppily on Monday night it was looking kinda pitiful by the end of Tuesday. So I licked my hair back and instead of twist I did plaits and pinned them in place. I feel a lot more "put together" now.

Before plaiting I did moisturize with Curl Free and seal with Organics Olive and Clove oil. Talk about a good smelling time - whew, I love the scent of both of those products Smile .

I am really really really feeling this Curl Free as a moisturizer. I can't believe how soft my hair feels. Also, I remember that spritz my entire length with Curl Free on Saturday night before twisting - that is one of the reasons that my hair was so soft on Sunday. So now I know that if I want a really defined look that I will probably have to not use the Curl Free when styling.

ha ha! I am so happy you like it! My grandad use to use the Curl Free, the packaging hasnt changed since I was like 5...my cousin and I used to call it Jheri curl juice too...Is that the same stuff as 911 curl activator...I may have to try it, and I know exactly wha you mean about the smell, it smells really nice! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Icon_biggrin i will have to start following your blog too! And your pinned up hair looks nice! I saw Jill Scott's new do today, and i was like, I LOVE ITTTTTT! Lol! I cannot wait to see you rock it!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 10:16 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:Nothing special today. Just another bun day. Last night I did have to redo my bun because I did is sloppily on Monday night it was looking kinda pitiful by the end of Tuesday. So I licked my hair back and instead of twist I did plaits and pinned them in place. I feel a lot more "put together" now.

ha ha! I am so happy you like it! My grandad use to use the Curl Free, the packaging hasnt changed since I was like 5...my cousin and I used to call it Jheri curl juice too...Is that the same stuff as 911 curl activator...I may have to try it, and I know exactly wha you mean about the smell, it smells really nice! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Icon_biggrin i will have to start following your blog too! And your pinned up hair looks nice! I saw Jill Scott's new do today, and i was like, I LOVE ITTTTTT! Lol! I cannot wait to see you rock it!

I never thought that I would be using Jherri Curl juice, LOL. I can't wait to share with my friends that actually had jherri curls - they are going to have some terrible flashbacks.
I am so ready to start cornrowing my sides. I already have a few style options in mind of this due. I may start on Friday afternoon. cheers
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 24th March 2010, 10:22 am

tiashauntee wrote:
MahoganyCurls wrote:

I never thought that I would be using Jherri Curl juice, LOL. I can't wait to share with my friends that actually had jherri curls - they are going to have some terrible flashbacks.
I am so ready to start cornrowing my sides. I already have a few style options in mind of this due. I may start on Friday afternoon. cheers

Ha! That will be interesting! If i get some, i may have to hide it from my husband because he will have a field day with that! LOL!!! He used to tell me my hair looked jhericurlish anyway! LMAO!!!! Uggh! Men! I cant wait to see your hair!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 24th March 2010, 10:22 am

HEY Tia! Not the jherri curl juice??? LOL!! I love the big hair you was rocking over the weekend. I may have to pick some of the "juice" up for my wash and go's! I am so happy it is warming up here. I can't wait to see your spring/summer looks!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 10:38 am

NaturalNixon wrote:HEY Tia! Not the jherri curl juice??? LOL!! I love the big hair you was rocking over the weekend. I may have to pick some of the "juice" up for my wash and go's! I am so happy it is warming up here. I can't wait to see your spring/summer looks!

Me too! So you can imagine how annoyed I am at the temps this weekend. 50°....really?!?!? Mad

I am ready to let my curls blow in the wind.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 24th March 2010, 11:10 am

tiashauntee wrote:

What a Face ooooh ... that Jill Scott style is FIERCE!!! Can't wait to see your version! Smile
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 12:14 pm

tiashauntee wrote: So I licked my hair back and instead of twist I did plaits and pinned them in place.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 24th March 2010, 12:32 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:
tiashauntee wrote: So I licked my hair back and instead of twist I did plaits and pinned them in place.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Lol

LOL!!! I didn't even see that. It should read "slicked"
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 24th March 2010, 7:18 pm

slick it or lick it what ever works Wink
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th March 2010, 8:48 pm

All this talk about jherri curl juice is making me do the cabbage patch and running man!! i was just on toya's bnb and she loves the juice too. I just cant bring myself to say JHERI CURL too much becuz its gonna give me 80's flash backs; please dont make me sing the "soul glo" song again...

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 12 Sexual-chocolate
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th March 2010, 8:48 pm

i had an actual question but dmn it i cant remember it...yall throwin me off wit the J-word juice...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 24th March 2010, 9:21 pm

Tia, hello! cant wait to see pics of u with jill's hair! thats COLD!!!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next