CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

+71
sunbaby
Serenity23
crvng4mr
MellowOne
Tamren
Deva_87
Pinkrage
mochamoments
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
.:Eden:.
Pi*Jay
lovesunshine17
MichelleNW
Nikcoils
Winnielours
exhale1913
Muz
StephanieB
jlowman1
naturalmommyGA
DMCC
NylaCoils
lena73
Erica5417
mstokes2008
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
FemmeFox
newcurlieque
poeticlyspkng
CrissyQ
BrownSkinDiva
Karyn
LaToya28
Yellagirlcurls
ktoliver5303
NhappyJackie
jcanalena79
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
dajewel
ashollan
CocaColaCutie
Vee
mrsmackey
SimplyShainee
Mz. Thang
jamaicacurl
MahoganyCurls
A85
truet
MsJay1121
curlyboricua
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
Shauny
NaturalNixon
neethair
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
NubieNatty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Notthecoolmom
CocoEuro
TerraD
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
tiashaunteé
75 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by TerraD 23rd April 2010, 1:30 am

Muz wrote: Well only certain games have WiFi, but I know for sure Mario Kart does, so if ya'll wanna get down with the get down (LOL), I can tell ya how Smile

Sweet! I'm down! Though I guess I need to take my Wii out of the box and stuff first hehe (I boxed it up because I was addicted!)
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Empty Re: ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 10:25 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:hEY TIA,
I am having itching too. But it happens about the 3rd day of having those twists in.
I love that weekend style. I may have to borrow that style for the following weekend. Laughing
I LOVE IT!!!

Girl, please don't get me started on that dang X-BOX Evil or Very Mad . I have the same problem over here. But instead of watching the kids, he is entertaining himself with that blasted thing. I have threatened him time and time again that I will toss that thing straight out the window. I told him I curse the day his brother gave him that blasted game. He wasn't into any of that until his brother gave him the hook up Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad

I just don't understand what it is with GROWN men and that doggone game. It's ridiculous - thought my addiction to all things hair was bad but at least I can close my laptop to get my chores done and go to bed at a decent hour.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Empty I have clean hair - YES

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 10:50 am

dance
I couldn't wait to get home yesterday to wash my hair. The itching was insane.

Since my scalp needed a serious cleaning I applied some Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo (received at a swap) directly to my scalp. Then I applied a pre-poo mix of Jasmine oil and Castor oil to the length of my hair paying special attention to my ends. I think I let that sit for about an hour (I was doing homework).

In the shower I let the water saturate my hair and then focused attention on cleaning my scalp buy scrubbing in a massaging like motion. When I apply shampoo directly to my scalp I use less than 1oz (I've measured it before) so this did not create much suds. Then I used Suave Humectant to shampoo the length. I did not detangle in any of these steps. After the shampoo was rinsed out completely I applied HE LTR. I didn't buffer because as I was washing I saw that my hair has picked up every speck of dirt that it could find (must have been that walk on the nature trail).

I detangled once the HE LTR was applied all over and can you believe that detangling was a breeze. Once rinsed and out of the shower I applied SheaMoisture shea butter leave-in and did 4 chunky twists for bedtime.

This morning I untwisted one and my hair was SO SOFT. After shampooing and before conditioning my hair was amazingly soft. The Jasmine Oil and Castor Oil mix did it again - that 2 for 2. woot!

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Wash_d10
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 11:21 am

You know my mind works in crazy ways....

I had an idea about the itching.....last night my hair shed like CRAZY. I wonder if the itching is our bodies way of getting us to manipulate our hair to remove or loosen the shed hairs.

When the dog scratches, he loses a lot of shed hairs so why wouldn't humans work the same scratch

Our bodies tell us when we need things or when something in work in so many other area so maybe shedding and itching is just one more to had to the list
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd April 2010, 11:27 am

tiashauntee wrote:You know my mind works in crazy ways....

I had an idea about the itching.....last night my hair shed like CRAZY. I wonder if the itching is our bodies way of getting us to manipulate our hair to remove or loosen the shed hairs.

When the dog scratches, he loses a lot of shed hairs so why wouldn't humans work the same ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_scratch

Our bodies tell us when we need things or when something in work in so many other area so maybe shedding and itching is just one more to had to the list
I love this analogy AND thank you for posting the pics of the products used. I have been dying to know what the SheaMoisture line was and you solved the mystery! Thank you Tia!!! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_cheers for soft moisturized hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd April 2010, 11:34 am

Hmmm interesting observation regarding itching and shed hairs. Many of us on the twisting challenge are experiencing the itchies. This is something to seriously think about.

Glad to hear your regimen is giving you soft, manageable hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 11:38 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hmmm interesting observation regarding itching and shed hairs. Many of us on the twisting challenge are experiencing the itchies. This is something to seriously think about.

Glad to hear your regimen is giving you soft, manageable hair.

That was also a part of my thought process... the twists hold in the shed hairs that our bodies want to get rid of.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 11:39 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:You know my mind works in crazy ways....

When the dog scratches, he loses a lot of shed hairs so why wouldn't humans work the same ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_scratch

I love this analogy AND thank you for posting the pics of the products used. I have been dying to know what the SheaMoisture line was and you solved the mystery! Thank you Tia!!! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_cheers for soft moisturized hair!

I didn't realize until I saw a pic of the Shea Moisture from Target that they are two different brands. So it looks like I will have to continue to travel a bit to get my leave-in.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 12:28 pm

Morning Tia~

Thank you soo much for posting pictures of the products you used!!

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Wash_d10

Where did you purchased your Jasmine oil? I would like to try your pre-poo method. I like the idea of not doing it over night!

Hope you are having a great hair day!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 12:31 pm

tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 23rd April 2010, 12:36 pm

Tia! Great observation. I notice that my hair is a lot itchier when I'm all twisted up, but I never made the correlation.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 23rd April 2010, 12:37 pm

I've had a similar theory but I thought maybe its just me. I could never wear braids (box braids, micros, cornrows,etc.) for too long because my scalp starts to itch like crazy after a week. Our scalps are used to being manipulated on a regular basis so when we braid/twist/loc it up it goes a little crazy.Our bodies are definitely smarter than we give them credit for.

That is my only fear with getting locs. My hunny, who has never had issues with his scalp had crazy flakes and peeling/itchy scalp when I first loc'd his hair. I hope that I don't go through the same thing.

@KNH...They sell the same Jasmine oil Tia showed in the picture at my local Indian Grocery store so you could see if they have it on the ground near you before ordering offline. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 12:52 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I've had a similar theory but I thought maybe its just me. I could never wear braids (box braids, micros, cornrows,etc.) for too long because my scalp starts to itch like crazy after a week. Our scalps are used to being manipulated on a regular basis so when we braid/twist/loc it up it goes a little crazy.Our bodies are definitely smarter than we give them credit for.

That is my only fear with getting locs. My hunny, who has never had issues with his scalp had crazy flakes and peeling/itchy scalp when I first loc'd his hair. I hope that I don't go through the same thing.

@KNH...They sell the same Jasmine oil Tia showed in the picture at my local Indian Grocery store so you could see if they have it on the ground near you before ordering offline. Smile

My husband had flakes that looked like they were on steroids. Turns out it was because completely rinsing out all product is difficult with his locs. So now I have him using ACV and baking soda to clean his scalp instead of shampoo and pre-pooing the length helps loosen up the dirt. So far they are looking a lot better than they have in a long time.

He still itches a lot.....back to my theory, LOL
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 12:58 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I got the Jasmine oil from: [url=http://butters-n-bars.com/AyurvedicHair_Oils.html
http://butters-n-bars.com/AyurvedicHair_Oils.html[/quote[/url]]

Thanks
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 1:00 pm

AfrikanLatina wrote:I've had a similar theory but I thought maybe its just me. I could never wear braids (box braids, micros, cornrows,etc.) for too long because my scalp starts to itch like crazy after a week. Our scalps are used to being manipulated on a regular basis so when we braid/twist/loc it up it goes a little crazy.Our bodies are definitely smarter than we give them credit for.

@KNH...They sell the same Jasmine oil Tia showed in the picture at my local Indian Grocery store so you could see if they have it on the ground near you before ordering offline. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_smile

Really....I don't have a clue where an Indian store is here in Houston. Let me make a few phone calls. That would be great if I could find it today as I want to do my regiment today or tomorrow.

Thanks
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 1:08 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

@KNH...They sell the same Jasmine oil Tia showed in the picture at my local Indian Grocery store so you could see if they have it on the ground near you before ordering offline. ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Icon_smile

Really....I don't have a clue where an Indian store is here in Houston. Let me make a few phone calls. That would be great if I could find it today as I want to do my regiment today or tomorrow.

Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Indian+stores+in+houston

Google knows all! lol!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd April 2010, 1:14 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:

Thanks

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Indian+stores+in+houston

Google knows all! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Lol

♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 Lol so true...I'm sure my job would appreciate this..cause I'll call 1-411 in a minute!!!

I found a store not too far from my job!! ♥ tiashauntee ♥- I NEED some fashion help - Page 30 678474 Thanks AfrikanLatina for the suggestion, and Tia for the link!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 23rd April 2010, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd April 2010, 6:16 pm

Hey Tia, just dropping by to say hello and saw your pic of the Shea Moisture. I'm glad you posted that because I saw that product at a local hair store and it is definitely not the same as the product sold at Target now. I managed to pick up a few items from that line and use it in conjunction with the Curls line. I really like it.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 23rd April 2010, 6:39 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Tia, just dropping by to say hello and saw your pic of the Shea Moisture. I'm glad you posted that because I saw that product at a local hair store and it is definitely not the same as the product sold at Target now. I managed to pick up a few items from that line and use it in conjunction with the Curls line. I really like it.

Did you get the Target Line or the one Tia uses?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd April 2010, 7:25 pm

I purchased the line sold at Target but it is black owned and in existence since
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd April 2010, 7:36 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:I purchased the line sold at Target but it is black owned and in existence since

Can you please list the ingredients to the one you have? I would like to compare them.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 24th April 2010, 1:23 am

Tia, interesting theory about the itchiness and twists. Especially since most of us seem to have it when our hair is twisted. scratch

I can't wait to see that weekend style on you bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th April 2010, 7:05 pm

Hi Tia,just stopping through to check for pics of your weekend hair. I know it's gonna be cute.You always do such a great job on your hair.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 24th April 2010, 7:40 pm

hey tia, You look nice in that hat. Honey the weather here in chicago is not nice either, one day its 80 the next its 50.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 25th April 2010, 12:33 am

Pics, Pics, Pics!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next