CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

+51
Mom2BTR
bigsargewifey
WalkingInDestiny
mesocoillee
Mz0Monique27
lexi1
iri9109
swoodward
Ekaette
Loveatfirstcoil
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
Poundcake921
NubieNatty
natural813
MellowOne
mstokes2008
CurliGoddess
KreyolKatt
CrissyQ
Vee
LaToya28
EllaMomi2002
Q
CeeC
bholmes87
Hartphelt
curLEIGH
TheRYL1
novembre
KeishaMac
Lilith_Eve
Ameenah
poeticlyspkng
BlondeByDesire
TMS
marbar1908
Blackdoll83
jamaicanmecurly
CreoleLady88
MomnWife
ktoliver5303
truet
~JOME~
sweetdrk1
neethair
Erica5417
tressedforsuccess
Russet
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
55 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by Hartphelt 10th March 2010, 6:33 pm

Congratulations girl. I haven't been on cn in a while but i remember seeing you in the transition forum. I'm so happy for you!!! Its so exciting to be part of this community!
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 3 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by sweetdrk1 10th March 2010, 6:39 pm

CurlLeigh!! You look stunning!! but didn't I post this someplace else? I am going home..my brain is fuzzy! LOL...you ladies are doing it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 10th March 2010, 9:39 pm

Yay, congratulations CurlLeigh! Your hair looks great! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am so excited! Let's keep it going, ladies.
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 10th March 2010, 9:50 pm

WOW these March BCers are gorgeous!!! I'm loving it! IB, Keisha, and curleigh - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! There are gonna be BCs out the wahzoo this month I can just feel it!
lol!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 3 Empty totally unexpected BC today

Post by CeeC 10th March 2010, 11:09 pm

Hello everyone,

My nickname is CC, I have been reading the threads on this site for a couple of weeks now. My last perm was November 2009 and I planned on transitioning until my birthday in October. But..... didn't work out that way (not upset though). I had been struggling with the two different textures and was expreriencing a great amount of breakage so I decided to make an appointment at a natural hair salon here in Atlanta. None of my frriends are natural except for my cousin who lives in Albany Georgia so I did my research and 2 weeks ago I made an appointment for today. My plan was to get a wash, steam hydration, 2 inches trimmed off and roller/or straw set. However, after arriving at the salon, the stylist went through my hair and gave me very few options because breakage was so bad so when the option to just do big chop came out, i took one more look in the mirror to see these limp ends everywhere and I said OK, let's do it!!! I watched him cut all my hair off and once it was all off, all I could do is SMILE!!! I immediatley LOVED it. I did not know what type of hair I would have. The perms made my hair so thin and I had not seen my natural hair since the age of 12 or 13 so I didn't know what to expect. But I have to say, my natural hair is thick with nice tight curls/coils. I love it. I wanted to transition longer because I didn't think I would like ME with short hair but I realize hair does not make you. You make YOU!!! I love it. It is so funny because I have been reading how other new BC'ers went out and bought new earrings, ect..Well that was me today. I bought new earrings, I got new make up. I was only a lip gloss wearer but I stepped it up a bit and I love it. My boyfriend was real calm about all of this and when I got back home he said I looked beautiful and he wasn't worried because he knew i had the face for it. I am happy for his support but I was feeling so LIBERATED and BEAUTIFUL that if he didn't like it then oh well!!!! This site is so informative, I sign on everyday. I love the support that is given to each other. I want to post a pic but I have to figure that part out. So when I figure it out I will definitely post a pic.
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 11th March 2010, 4:12 am

@CC That is a great story. You look great as well!!! It is definitely a liberating experience and it gets better too. Once you get the hang of taking care of it, nobody can tell you nothin!! LOL
theres insturctions on how to post a pic, curlynikki explained it in a post, i had to try it a couple times before i figured it out though. You'll get it. Happy hair growth!
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by curLEIGH 11th March 2010, 10:31 am

March BCers: isn't it awesome that we did this just in time for the warm weather? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Well, at least here in Birmingham it's just starting to warm up LOL
curLEIGH
curLEIGH

http://curleigh.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th March 2010, 7:30 am

Yes, this was a good time. I am experiencing rain on my end. But temps are beginning to climb.

Congrats CC. YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Q 14th March 2010, 4:44 pm

I'm apart of the March BC crew. I just chopped it yesterday after washing my hair. I'm still cutting some ends off so it sorta looks like a 1985 jheri curl somehow, lol. But I like how it feels no more 2 textures. I'm proud of myself because the last time I was natural for 2 yrs (so unintentional) & I have the same amt of growth of 2yrs that I got in 7 months of seriously taking care of my hair. I'll try to get some courage to post pix due to my alopecia...so bare w/ me ladies. I wear wigs everyday... well,onto learning more about this twa Smile

Q

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 14th March 2010, 10:48 pm

Okay! I finally got some pictures taken of my new twa (and finally figured out how to post them here).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first two were done just after a cowash and deep condition.

The last two pics were taken after some experimenting with Ecostyler Olive Oil gel (which is how my mother likes my hair best lol)

It's been an interesting transtioning journey and I was both happy and relieved to see how good I look with short hair. Even my siblings were surprised into liking it. And to top it all off, my brother had to teach me how to pick out my twa [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th March 2010, 11:23 pm

congrats ladies!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th March 2010, 11:27 pm

CONGRATS LADIES!!! MARCH BCers are in the house!!!! Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 15th March 2010, 12:03 am

Congratulations to my fellow March BCers!!! I BCed on March 1st. Kind of on a whim. I was only thinking about it seriously for a few weeks. I planned on transitioning until June, but I washed my hair that morning and decided to go for it.

I was inspired by all the beautiful women with TWAs that I saw here and on youtube. I didn't think I would be so brave. But, once I started it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

This board is amazing. What a wealth of information shared!
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th March 2010, 12:21 am

Congrats to you EllaMomi2002 Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 15th March 2010, 3:48 am

Wow! I knew March would be crazy! Congrats to all of the ladies who have BC'ed recently: CC, Q, Lilith_Eve, and EllaMomi2002! You ladies look beautiful! Hey, wait a minute.....Q where are your pics??? We need some pics!! Anyway, congrats! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th March 2010, 5:40 pm

Congrats to all the recent big choppers! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bc'd on the 6th after only 7 weeks of transitioning. I'm so glad I did it, but I wish that it would hurry up and grow! lol

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 15th March 2010, 5:58 pm

Wow! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You ladies look beautiful with your TWAs...you all are such an inspiration! I can't wait until I BC!
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th March 2010, 6:13 pm

Congrats to you, Latoya. You look great!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th March 2010, 7:53 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Congrats to all the recent big choppers! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I bc'd on the 6th after only 7 weeks of transitioning. I'm so glad I did it, but I wish that it would hurry up and grow! lol

7 weeks? wow it looks great. iTs been 7 weeks for me too. i am still not ready. You go girl.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 15th March 2010, 8:08 pm

@LaToya - Lookin' good!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 15th March 2010, 8:10 pm

Thanks so much ladies! RoseBud, I'm sure you'll know when the time is right.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 15th March 2010, 8:14 pm

All you March BCers look BEAUTIFUL!!!!
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by CurliGoddess 15th March 2010, 9:33 pm

My last perm was Oct 24, 2009. I initially wantedto transition for a year. Once I started seeing my natural hair under all the stringy permed hair my patience grew short. With each DC and co-wash, i would have to talk myself out of BC. Unitl..this weekend. after a DC and cowash I was tired and didn't feel like the detangling and twisting power session.

So...after 4.5 months of transitioning. I did it with the help of my boyfriend (great support). I become officially natural March 13, 2010.

I feel so relieved glad to 1st day back to work is over. I got really good responses from most of my co-workers....not that I cared but...hey.

Thanks for all the inspiration and support here on CN.

Peace!!!
CurliGoddess
CurliGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by EllaMomi2002 15th March 2010, 10:06 pm

Whoo-hoo and Congrats LaToya and CurliGoddess!!!! You both look beautiful!

It must be the coming Spring cause there's a whole lotta BCers these days. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
EllaMomi2002
EllaMomi2002

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 15th March 2010, 10:59 pm

I just realized that I never posted in the March BC'ers thread... must have been all the excitement!!! I BC'd on March 13th... my plan was to transition for a year which meant I would BC Nov 2010... clearly I didn't make it!!! But I love love love my hair! Here are some pics.

jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next