CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

+51
Mom2BTR
bigsargewifey
WalkingInDestiny
mesocoillee
Mz0Monique27
lexi1
iri9109
swoodward
Ekaette
Loveatfirstcoil
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
Poundcake921
NubieNatty
natural813
MellowOne
mstokes2008
CurliGoddess
KreyolKatt
CrissyQ
Vee
LaToya28
EllaMomi2002
Q
CeeC
bholmes87
Hartphelt
curLEIGH
TheRYL1
novembre
KeishaMac
Lilith_Eve
Ameenah
poeticlyspkng
BlondeByDesire
TMS
marbar1908
Blackdoll83
jamaicanmecurly
CreoleLady88
MomnWife
ktoliver5303
truet
~JOME~
sweetdrk1
neethair
Erica5417
tressedforsuccess
Russet
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
55 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 7 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by Mz0Monique27 26th March 2010, 5:50 pm

Thank you
Mz0Monique27
Mz0Monique27

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 7 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by mesocoillee 26th March 2010, 9:35 pm

My last relaxer was October 2009. My big chop was March 20, 2010. I had planned on transitioning until at least this summer but I got soooo tired of dealing with the two textures. I wish I would have BC'd sooner. I love my natural texture!!!! I can't keep my hands off my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mesocoillee
mesocoillee

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 26th March 2010, 9:42 pm

@naturallyme- it looks great!!!

Way to go March BCers!!!! This has got to be a record!! cheers
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 26th March 2010, 10:14 pm

pretty!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 26th March 2010, 10:48 pm

WOW CONGRATULATIONS to all March BC'ers, KeishaM, Ella, Q, IB, Lilith_Eve, Latoya, TMS, Curligoddess, MellowOne, Jamaicanmecurly, swoodard, natural813, loveatfirstcoil, mstokes, MzOMonique, Rosebud, 77Naturallyme, and Tasha. There are so many I may have missed a few but to all march bc'ers and newer march bc'ers CONGRATULATIONS. You ladies look BEAUTIFUL, I love the pics, the curls and the natural beauty. I think it was Tasha that mentioned she can't keep away from the mirror. Same here, I love looking at myself in mirror, I just can't help it. I bc'd on March 10th after transitioning for 4 months and I LOVE ME, MY HAIR and this liberatiing feeling that has just taken over me. Yeahhhhh for the March BC'ers
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 26th March 2010, 10:50 pm

Can't believe how quick I became a PJ (LOL)
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 27th March 2010, 12:52 am

Awe, thank you CC and to everyone here on CN; CN is such a great support system for women who want to go natural but don't know how or what to do first!

Although this is my second time around I feel like I know a lot more about my hair now than when I did my first bc (in which I had no clue).
I'd like to send a special shout out to Twisted Kurlzz who literally invested in me to become natural again [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and she did me the honor in doing my bc! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She did such a great job with my bc that she turned my husband (who wasn't too crazy about me going natural again or cutting my hair short) into a man who loves my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks ladies! I feel like I belong to a special group of real women; though most of us came at this journey for many different reasons but the outcome is the same; Freedom!

I love you all! May God continue to bless you all!

Last edited by tashafawn24 on 27th March 2010, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mind was moving faster than my fingers!)
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 27th March 2010, 1:07 am

Okay, I think we bc'ers are what is refered to as having "March Madness"; look at how many us did our big chops! I know without a doubt that it was sheer madness having those two textures in my head.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tashafawn24 on 27th March 2010, 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : brain farting everywhere!)
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 27th March 2010, 1:22 am

tashafawn24 wrote:Okay, I think we bc'ers are what is refered to as having "March Madness"; look at how many us did our big chops! I know without a doubt that it was sheer madness having those two textures in my head.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol yeah and to think i originally planned to transition for over a yr...its no way i couldve lasted that long with the 2 textures
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 27th March 2010, 2:23 am

Tasha, God Bless you too!! I have to co sign on the feeling of belonging to such a special group of women who are so inspiring. and you are so right, it was pure madness dealing with the 2 textures. But it worked out for the best for us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love my hair, I just love it.
Iri, I had the same intention on transitioning for a year or greater. I lasted just as long you did (4 months) LOL

so what are products are you ladies using?
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th March 2010, 9:13 am

I did my BC yesterday after 15 months 3 weeks and 2 days
Ekaette
Ekaette

http://public.fotki.com/ekaette/

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 7 Empty I too am a March BC'er

Post by WalkingInDestiny 27th March 2010, 10:12 am

Hi ladies, I did the BC 3-20-10, so I am about a week in. Today is my first day joing the forums, so I need to see how to upload pics, so I can show you befores and afters. If you can give mea any guidance on this please help...lol..and I will get pics on asap. I'm so excited and looking forward to meeting and talking with everyone.

Be Blessed! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th March 2010, 10:22 am

@walkin-click "host image" when u scroll ur mouse over the toolbar above this box; hit browse and pick ur pics from the file then hit "host it" and copy the MIDDLE link and paste

Congrats to all you march bc'er's!! yall are cuttin UP!! i think this spring fever has yall fingers itchin and twitchin.

Enjoy ladies and i'll give yall a good 3-4 months and i'll see you in the STASH CHALLENGE forum once your pj-ism gets outta control. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 10:24 am

Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th March 2010, 11:03 am

More pics. I did twists last night for a twist out puff today. I'm so glad I waited this long bc the puff is definitely big enough for me

Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 27th March 2010, 11:16 am

CC wrote:Tasha, God Bless you too!! I have to co sign on the feeling of belonging to such a special group of women who are so inspiring. and you are so right, it was pure madness dealing with the 2 textures. But it worked out for the best for us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love my hair, I just love it.
Iri, I had the same intention on transitioning for a year or greater. I lasted just as long you did (4 months) LOL

so what are products are you ladies using?

i co-wash with suave coconut or totally twisted (you can use whatever conditioner you like) & then cantu shea butter leavin and a drop of elasta qp feels like silk liquid gel and run my fingers through my hair and seal with an oil...my hair is so short that all i can really do is a wash n go... last night i played around with some elasta qp glaze and slicked down some parts to make it look a little egdy and it was cute but i might've used too much (and/or bc i didnt put a leave in under or oil over it) but it was a little stiff and i got paranoid it would break off or something so i just washed it out...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 11:29 am

Congratulations to the newest March BCers!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ekaette,

What do you use to slick down your edges?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 27th March 2010, 12:14 pm

Congrats to all of the newcomers to the March BC club!! Ekaette, I remember you from the old HT! Please share your regimen, if you don't mind.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th March 2010, 12:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Congratulations to the newest March BCers!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ekaette,

What do you use to slick down your edges?

In thess pics I used the green ecostyler and a scarf for 15 minutes
Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th March 2010, 12:19 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Congrats to all of the newcomers to the March BC club!! Ekaette, I remember you from the old HT! Please share your regimen, if you don't mind.

Yay I miss all my old HT buddies!
I don't have a regimen yet but I'm probably going to wash and DC at least weekly
My staple style for work will probably be some kind of puff until it's long enough to get in a bun
Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 27th March 2010, 12:25 pm

ekaette i love your puff i cant wait till my hair is long enough to do a puff or twist out
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 27th March 2010, 1:14 pm

@Tasha Thank you for the shout out. I am glad that I could be of some help and I am also glad that your husband likes your hair also. I know that it was hard the first time around when we both started on our natural hair journey, but we have to live and learn. Natural hair is very important to me and I feel like if God wanted us to be born with bone straight hair, then he would have made us that way.

I am also thankful for the curlynikki community because I have gotten a lot of inspiration from everyone here. May God Bless everyone through their natural hair journey. Happy Growing and God Bless Smile
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekaette 27th March 2010, 1:28 pm

iri9109 wrote:ekaette i love your puff i cant wait till my hair is long enough to do a puff or twist out

Thanks!!
Ekaette
Ekaette

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 27th March 2010, 1:52 pm

Okay everyone, although I have been natural for two and a half years, I would always pray that my teenage daughter CoCoKurlzz would one day be interested in joining me on my natural hair journey. She tried to transition for about 4 months in 2009, but she gave in and got a relaxer again. Well, towards the end of last year, she was going to the salon off and on and she would get relaxers and get her hair styled, but she was getting tired of getting sores in her head from the relaxers.

Well, around November, she came to me and said that she was going to transition to natural and I was very happy and I let her know that I will be here with her and BabyKurlzz (my youngest) every step of the way. CoCoKurlzz came to me yesterday evening after school and asked me to cut her hair. I said yes, thinking that I was only giving her a trim. So I began to trim her hair and she was like, "No ma, I can't deal with the relaxed ends of my hair and I am ready for my big chop". I asked her about 20 times if she was sure that she wanted to cut all of her hair that short and she assured me that was what she wanted.

So I began to cut her hair stopping every minute and she was getting aggravated and she stated "ma, it's okay, I am ready to get my big chop now". So on March 26, 2010, I gave my oldest daughter CoCoKurlzz her big chop after transitioning for 3 1/2 months and she loves her hair so much and I do to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . There are a few straight pieces still in her hair that I will trim off later.

I am so sorry for such a long post, the date on the pics are wrong and I need to change the settings to show the correct date and I am not sure as to why the picture quality is not showing up that good. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I will figure it out later.

Below: CoCoKurlzz Big Chop On March 26, 2010

TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 27th March 2010, 1:55 pm

@Ekaette- Your hair looks luscious!!! I'm loving the puff!! && Congrats on your BC and holding out on a long transition!!!

@WalkinDestiny- Congrats on your BC as well!!! Can't wait to see pics!!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next