CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

+51
Mom2BTR
bigsargewifey
WalkingInDestiny
mesocoillee
Mz0Monique27
lexi1
iri9109
swoodward
Ekaette
Loveatfirstcoil
TwistedKurlzz
tashafawn24
Poundcake921
NubieNatty
natural813
MellowOne
mstokes2008
CurliGoddess
KreyolKatt
CrissyQ
Vee
LaToya28
EllaMomi2002
Q
CeeC
bholmes87
Hartphelt
curLEIGH
TheRYL1
novembre
KeishaMac
Lilith_Eve
Ameenah
poeticlyspkng
BlondeByDesire
TMS
marbar1908
Blackdoll83
jamaicanmecurly
CreoleLady88
MomnWife
ktoliver5303
truet
~JOME~
sweetdrk1
neethair
Erica5417
tressedforsuccess
Russet
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
55 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 8 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by Loveatfirstcoil 27th March 2010, 2:44 pm

Congrats to the new BCers! I hope you're loving your hair as much as I'm loving mine.

I think now is the perfect time to BC cause now we can rock out with our fros out for the summer!

(Yes, I am a certified cornball. lol)
Loveatfirstcoil
Loveatfirstcoil

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 8 Empty Re: ANY MARCH BCers? POST IT HERE!!

Post by sweetdrk1 27th March 2010, 5:53 pm

I love your name Loveatfirstcoli!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Loveatfirstcoil 27th March 2010, 6:59 pm

Thanks!
Loveatfirstcoil
Loveatfirstcoil

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 27th March 2010, 7:56 pm

@Love: If you're corny, then I'm corny too because I thought to say that before...I have just never wrote it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LMBO! Congrats to all of the new BCers!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 27th March 2010, 11:19 pm

I can't believe how long I waited to do this. Everyone's hair looks so beautiful. I never realized the versatility of a B/C. I have checked myself out over the last few days and am really pleased at my new silhouette. I am cowashing with Curls conditioner and have deep conditioned with Kiehls olive fruit oil deep conditioner. KKKT and KKCC, shea, aloe, jojoba, my best friend coconut oil and that is just this week.

To be honest, I bought my products to help me transition and wore curly styles for most of the 9 months it took. The (mostly) organic, curly hair stuff worked beautifully but with all the relaxer gone, I am not sure where I will end up or how the products I use now will work over time. I found out what to use from natural hair boards so I am going to keep watching.

My girlfriend said my hair reminded her of Wanda Sykes. THAT was a compliment because her hair is gorgeous!

Keep those pics comin'!

Thank you all for all the support. I would have never been able to do this without you. You are all so beautiful!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

ANY MARCH BCers?  POST IT HERE!! - Page 8 Empty Post Bc hair

Post by tashafawn24 27th March 2010, 11:23 pm

Okay, so I Bc'd this past Monday and with each passing day my hair gets better and better. I am so in love with my hair right now (we're in the honeymoon stage right now) "I heart you hair" Tee hee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I heart you so much that I went out and bought you a gift today! A new headband!

Okay, so I took some pictures of my "end of the day" hair.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tashafawn24 on 26th October 2010, 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 11:36 pm

Congratulations CoCoKurlzz!!!

Cute headband Tasha!!! Roxie (my hair's name) and I are still in the honeymoon stage too after almost 8 months.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th March 2010, 12:00 am

Awe CoCoKurlzz!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You're truly growing up! It takes a strong young lady to make that type of decision especially when other girls your age are doing the opposite! I need to get me a cool name (okay, an even cooler screen name) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your mother is a great example of a strong woman and congrats for making a decision that most women are afraid to even make; you'll grow to love, learn, and appreciate your hair as the days go by! Welcome to the other side (Muaaahhh [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th March 2010, 12:11 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Congratulations CoCoKurlzz!!!

Cute headband Tasha!!! Roxie (my hair's name) and I are still in the honeymoon stage too after almost 8 months.

Thank you Lynnieluve, Target! Target! Target! I've heard on CN that people do name their hair Awe! Ahhh, marital bliss!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th March 2010, 12:14 am

I think Roxie has gotten to big for the dainty hair candy. She swallows it up. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th March 2010, 12:15 am

iri9109 wrote:
tashafawn24 wrote:Okay, I think we bc'ers are what is refered to as having "March Madness"; look at how many us did our big chops! I know without a doubt that it was sheer madness having those two textures in my head.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol yeah and to think i originally planned to transition for over a yr...its no way i couldve lasted that long with the 2 textures

Girl, I started out with wanting to transition for a year, then it went from a year to six months and then from that to "cut my stuff now please" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th March 2010, 12:18 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I think Roxie has gotten to big for the dainty hair candy. She swallows it up. LOL!!

LOL! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] "Dainty hair candy" if it's okay with you I would like to use that term! That was too funny and cute!
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by tashafawn24 28th March 2010, 12:21 am

CC wrote:Tasha, God Bless you too!! I have to co sign on the feeling of belonging to such a special group of women who are so inspiring. and you are so right, it was pure madness dealing with the 2 textures. But it worked out for the best for us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love my hair, I just love it.
Iri, I had the same intention on transitioning for a year or greater. I lasted just as long you did (4 months) LOL

so what are products are you ladies using?

Well, so far I'm using the Kinky Curly Come Clean, the Knot Today, and of course the custard. I bought some IC Fantasia gel (the clear one) I guess we'll see how that works out for me.
tashafawn24
tashafawn24

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 28th March 2010, 1:24 am

Congratulations on your BC Ekaette and WalkinDestiny. Welcome to the March BC group.
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 28th March 2010, 1:43 am

Tasha your hair looks great and the headband is cuuuuuutttteee. I have been using MJ curly pudding and buttercreme. I tried cantu shea leave in conditioner but I liked the MJ buttercreme better. I have been sealing with coconut oil alternating with castor oil. I cowash with tresemme naturals conditioner and DC with HE HH. I have definitely become a PJ already. I still have more products that I haven't tried as of yet and I went out today and bought KCKT, KCCC, AOHS, JC leave in conditioner and nourishment cream, vegetable glycerin, aloe vera gel and lavender oil. I am still working on my regimen and what products work good for me. But I have to agree, my hair gets better and better everyday. I just LOVE it and I have never recieved so many compliments at one time until my BC. What a great time in life and so much to be thankful for. I am so inspired everytime I read a post, it's so refreshing.
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsargewifey 28th March 2010, 1:47 am

I BC'd on March 12 after transitioning since the end of Aug 2009. I'm still experimenting with products to find the best maintenance of moisture. Here are few pictures from my baby shower this past weekend.

bigsargewifey
bigsargewifey

Back to top Go down

Post by CeeC 28th March 2010, 2:33 am

Welcome bigsargewifey, cute screename. Congratultions on your BC, your hair is beautiful and it's alot of it. You had great growth. I bc march 10, 2010 and I am experimenting with products to find the best maintenance for moisture as well. It's getting better, it will take trial and error but I am enjoying every bit of it. CN has great topics/forums and information where you can find answers to alot of your questions. Congratulations again on your BC and your pregnancy as well. Welcome to the March BC'ers goup [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CeeC
CeeC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 28th March 2010, 11:12 am

@Lynnieluve @tashafawn24 CoCoKurlzz said thank you all for such nice comments.

@tashafawn24 girl, that headband is too cuteeee and your hair still looks awesome as always.

@bigsargewifey congrats on your bc and also on your little bundle of joy
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 28th March 2010, 3:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Wow! They just keep coming this really is March Madness. Congrats to all the new BC'ers.

@Tasha okay you are rockin that headband.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 29th March 2010, 3:50 am

Man, March Madness is for real!! Congrats to all of the NEW March BCers...CoCoKurlz, Tashafawn, BigSargeWifey...let's see did I leave anyone off since I logged in on Friday??? IDK, it seems like everybody is chopping left and right, so if I missed you Congratulations! And like my girl TerraD says, I wish you Luv N Kurls!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 29th March 2010, 10:29 am

Congrats to all the latest BCers! You all look gorgeous!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2BTR 30th March 2010, 12:46 pm

Hello All,
I did my big chop on March 20th. I am loving my hair more and more every day. It is so exciting that I can change my look every day if I want and if not that's fine too. Like most newly naturals, I wish I would have done this a LONG time ago.
Mom2BTR
Mom2BTR

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 30th March 2010, 1:01 pm

congrats mom2btr &all my other fellow march BCers Smile
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 30th March 2010, 1:08 pm

Congrats on your bc Mom2BTR [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 30th March 2010, 1:15 pm

I was trying to hold out until tomorrow, but my memory is so bad I might for get!!!

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to ALL March BC'ers!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Welcome to the natural community, and just know you are in for the most fabulous journey of your life!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next