CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Transition Partners

+36
Blex
Karameldiva1978
CarmelCurls83
KoKo
mslys09
SasahT
coilcurl7
Janet36603
D.I.V.A. Miss
iri9109
kdenise
chica rosa
Heart2Worship
natural813
babyshaq
Ameenah
bevyboo628
WilliT0206
Wellness27
curLEIGH
AmariC05
HAMPTONSFNST
michelleroberts758
Muz
3rdTimeAround
jcokes
Shauny
Thinice
NaturallyPrecious
mrsrenaissance
Poundcake921
tressedforsuccess
Deva_87
NewlyNina
Hair2Me
Hartphelt
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by D.I.V.A. Miss 17th March 2010, 4:26 am

Hey ladies. I'm new to CurlyNikki. My last relaxer was year ago, March 15, 2009. YAY! I can't believe I made it this far. I have about 2 1/2 inches of relaxer left on my ends but I'm terrified of the BC. Instead I'm getting a trim every month, BUT I promised myself (and others) I would do the BC in June if any relaxer was still left. Guess you ladies can hold me accountable!
D.I.V.A. Miss
D.I.V.A. Miss

Back to top Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 4 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by NaturallyPrecious 19th March 2010, 4:14 pm

Yeah!!! Another June'r. I'm trying my absolute best to wait out the full 12 month transition. I've been resisting the temptation to BC every wash. I will be solving this dilemma by braiding my hair up until my planned June BC. That'll solve my dreaded HIH disease, lol!
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 19th March 2010, 10:47 pm

im doing the BC in june this year.
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 20th March 2010, 4:29 pm

Wow I guess June is a good month to BC! I'm planning on doing mine the day before my birthday so the official date is June 23rd. I'm 6 months, 2 weeks and 3 days post relaxer (according to my ticker on my blog lol)
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 22nd March 2010, 7:38 pm

BC'ing in June is a great way to set off the summer!!! I've already have my big colorful earrings on standby!
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by coilcurl7 28th March 2010, 2:22 am

I'm new to this site but not new to trying to go natural. My last perm was September 2009. This isn't my first time trying natural but I reverted back because I can't find anyone who works with natural hair (I'm in Mississippi). As a matter of fact, I got much attitude when I ask to have my hair done in it's natural state. I'd been natural for almost 2 years and needed a change but didn't know what to do with my hair. However, I just found a lady at my son's shop that does only natural hair so I hope this works out. I'm not sure what type of hair I have as far as 3c or whatever. The thing about my hair is, it curls up quite a bit even after it's been newly perm so don't let the pic fool you, the ends are peremed and I have about 4+ inches of new growth, unstretched. So, who had there last perm in September? Anyway, I'm still learning and looking around the site. This time I'll try my best not to perm.
coilcurl7
coilcurl7

Back to top Go down

Post by SasahT 28th March 2010, 2:05 pm

Coilcurl7, my hair is the same way! It would curl up when I was relaxed, especially when it was fresh. I was able to do wash and goes with a little gell/mousse and some anti frizz product. Unfortunately about 3-4 months into my transition, I noticed that I can't really do that anymore, because the relaxed ends don't curl up as much. Maybe they do and it just doesn't look as nice next to the new growth.

Anyway I had my last perm at the end of September 09 (can't remember exact date). My plan is to transition until at least June 12 (seems like there is a lot of us Junies). My brother in law is getting married and I am in the wedding so would like to retain my length for that. Intially I was dead set on BCing in June, but now I'm not sure. I am having so much fun with my transitioning hair, I might just try to stretch it till a full year. I go back and forth between wanting to wait until my natural hair grows out to my shoulders before I bc or to rock a cute short hairstyle and just bc in june. My transition is more about challenging my self to grow my hair long. I decided to go natural b/c my relaxed hair wouldn't get past shoulder length. So since I don't plan on ever really cutting my hair after the BC, it might be fun to have a cute short hair cut. I'm so confused, lol!
SasahT
SasahT

http://members.fotki.com/Sasaht/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 8th April 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi, Ladies!

My last relaxer was on July 3, 2009. (yay!). I haven't set a date for a big chop yet. I am getting tired of the relaxed ends, though, and just did a "mini-chop" where I went from shoulder length to a chin length bob. I haven't washed it yet but I am pretty sure the back of my hair is almost completely natural. The sides are longer so I know I still have a few inches there. I've been wearing twist outs, bantu knot outs anc curlformer sets. Now that I've cut my hair, I'm going to start with flexi-rod sets.

I have recently begun thinking about doing my BC in July. Then I get nervous and I push it to August, September, etc. At this rate I'll be at 18 months before I know it! I like my length too much. My hair is doing well minus a breakage spot on the right side. The natural hair is so healthy and strong but the spot looks ragged where the relaxed ends have broken off. I'm pretty much on a no-heat regimen. I've learned that I can stretch 6+ weeks without heat and I love the growth/health of my hair so I look forward to living without heat... at least for the summer : ).

Is there anyone who is waiting to do their BC past the year mark? If so, I'd love a support buddy!

Last edited by mslys09 on 8th April 2010, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by KoKo 9th April 2010, 9:50 pm

Hi all! I new to this! my last perm was Aug 09! I was supposed to chop today...but I chickened out I need some support! ahhhhhh man I wish I did it...
like everyone has said i want to wait a year but... ummm ya I want to see but I dont want to see haha! I invested into tons of products my hair library of products is big...! i use the miracle brush called the DEnman (thank God for that invention!!!) but its like I dont want it to be short and boyish...I want it to be shoulder length....Smile
I think not only is my hair transitioning but my mind!
KoKo
KoKo

http://pamelakorenn@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 10th April 2010, 1:20 am

Am i too late im game i want in!! im planning on big cutting in June as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by Karameldiva1978 11th April 2010, 8:18 pm

Hi Everyone,
I too am fairly new to this site, I will BC on or about June 29th. That will put me at 5 months post relaxer and hopefully with some good growth. I have a pretty good natural regimen and some natural growth aids in my arsenal, LOL! I have a pixie cut already, so the short taper is about completely natural, I love how it curls up with conditioner. I go through this pixie cut about everyone 2 to 3 years, so I promised myself that I would go natural this time b/c it would easier to chop b/c I get it monthly to maintain my length anyway.

The only frustrating part is that my hair is shedding, my guess is its my relaxed ends and once I shampoo, the ends stick together. I've been rocking a curly half wig with tons of cute accessories and I've had the front of my hair cornrowed with a wig. I'm having fun wigging it since all of the braiders I've asked how been like, "I can't catch the back, it's too short." That's fine, b/c I love feeling my spiraled newgrowth, un HIH disease so BAD!! LOL

Anyway, I love being with the June BC'ers. Hey Ladies!
Karameldiva1978
Karameldiva1978

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 18th April 2010, 3:50 am

My last relaxer was Dec 09 and im not sure how long i want to transition but im thinking about 1 year. Partner?
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 18th April 2010, 10:27 pm

Blex i would love to b ur transsition partner. my last relaxer was dec 09 as well. Deenalasha@yahoo.com or hit me on Facebook
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by I Luv Grease! 19th April 2010, 11:09 pm

Can we be a group Blex and CarmelCurls83? My last relaxer was Thanksgiving...close enough to Dec right? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I want to BC next spring!
I Luv Grease!
I Luv Grease!

https://www.youtube.com/daniellef89

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 20th April 2010, 12:01 am

@ILuvGrease...Yea sounds close enough to me! brit.blex@yahoo.com is my email
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 21st April 2010, 7:03 pm

I DID THE BIG CHOP
Hey guys its certainly been a while. My schedule has just been off the roof, as am coming to the end of this semester. So... I said I was going to BC in March... I went home for easter break wearing 2 week old kinky twists and on April 9th I BC'd. This pic was taken from my web cam a few mins ago, 12 DAYS AFTER MY BC. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I will update on the progress as i go along. So far for the first few days my hair was really dry. I am presently using kinky curly knot today, and KCC. Co-washing with Aubrey organics honey suckle rose..trying the curly girl method, and i have really noticed a big improvement.. so am just going to see how it goes.
later[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by chica rosa on 21st April 2010, 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to attach pic)
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 22nd April 2010, 10:36 am

Hi Ladies,
I too am fairly new to this site. My last relaxer was November 2009. I plan to transition for a few years, so I haven't really thought about the bc. I've tried a few different product lines, but most are too greasy or too drying. I'm still working on finding what my hair likes, which seems to change every week.

Chica Rosa, Congrats on your bc! Your hair is beautiful!
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 22nd April 2010, 9:21 pm

Hello and welcome to all the newbies! Thanks pinkpearls, wish you all the best in your transition.
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicagoChica 23rd April 2010, 10:29 pm

Hello ladies. I'm very new to this site (joined about 5 minutes ago ), and I'm ready for the big chop. I'm planning to do it in July after my cruise. My last relaxer wa February 22, 2010, and I have an inch of new growth. I know that I will sport a TWA, but I'm okay with that.

Is anyone doing the BC in July? I think it will make things easier for me if I had a friend. woot!
ChicagoChica
ChicagoChica

http://mynaturalstate.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 24th April 2010, 5:54 pm

sure i love Grease!!! the more the merrier [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 4th May 2010, 3:03 pm

CarmelCurls83 wrote:sure i love Grease!!! the more the merrier [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Room for one more?? I started in dec too!! I would love to have a group of partners Very Happy
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 5th May 2010, 4:51 pm

Yeh April!! we are just goinna have a great lil group arent we Deenalasha@yahoo.com or facebook (Deena Walker)
Whats urs
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 5th May 2010, 7:04 pm

aprilj90@gmail.com

and April Pickens on facebook
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 8th May 2010, 11:37 am

Deena, I can't find you on facebook! lol
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmelCurls83 8th May 2010, 3:19 pm

lol that's weird. im in honduras so sometimes ppl tell me they cant find me bc the search usually searches within ur area code and states side. ima look u up
CarmelCurls83
CarmelCurls83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4