CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Transition Partners

+36
Blex
Karameldiva1978
CarmelCurls83
KoKo
mslys09
SasahT
coilcurl7
Janet36603
D.I.V.A. Miss
iri9109
kdenise
chica rosa
Heart2Worship
natural813
babyshaq
Ameenah
bevyboo628
WilliT0206
Wellness27
curLEIGH
AmariC05
HAMPTONSFNST
michelleroberts758
Muz
3rdTimeAround
jcokes
Shauny
Thinice
NaturallyPrecious
mrsrenaissance
Poundcake921
tressedforsuccess
Deva_87
NewlyNina
Hair2Me
Hartphelt
40 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by tressedforsuccess 28th January 2010, 1:54 pm

CoutureGirl wrote:Hello Ladies!!! I'm new to the board. My last relaxer was June '09. My original plan was to transition 2 years. BUT I too am getting anxious to see what my curls look like. So now my plans are to BC June '10 and then go from there.

Yay, another June BC! Welcome to the board. Very Happy
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by NaturallyPrecious 28th January 2010, 11:53 pm

Thank you!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Loving to be here!

Last edited by NaturallyPrecious on 19th March 2010, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formally CoutureGirl)
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 29th January 2010, 12:26 pm

Hello All! I am new to the board. My last relaxer was August 2009. I wanted to transition for a 18 monthso but the two different textures are annoying. I quenched the BC urges by getting two strand twists and next week I will get a kinky curly sew-in next week. May be I will BC in June/July 2010. Hopefully all the partners are not gone :-{
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 29th January 2010, 12:29 pm

Can I get a check in of the June BC crew??
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 29th January 2010, 12:34 pm

you can add me to the June BC crew. I think the sew-in will hold me over til June
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 29th January 2010, 12:45 pm

Alright!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 29th January 2010, 6:45 pm

Hey I'm a newbie and still undecided on IF I am going to do a BC and if so WHEN. Last relaxer was March 09 so I'm almost at a year. I thought about doing it for my b-day (August) but then I change my mind and decide against a BC. I get really excited when I see my curl in my new growth but I haven't been short since I was in highschool I keep talking myself out of it. The one good thing about my transition is that my hubby is really supportive of me going natural.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 29th January 2010, 7:05 pm

You can surely count me in Hair2Me. June it is on!

Shauny it's great when you have support. All I get from my family is [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by jcokes 30th January 2010, 12:22 am

I have been transitioning since October my last relaxer was October 31st. I would love to have a transitioner partner however I don't ever plan on doing the B.C. I plan to be a long term transitioner or until my natural hair is at least chin length. My dome is too big for a TWA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jcokes
jcokes

http://www.coilyheadchick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 31st January 2010, 9:07 pm

Add me to the June BC crew. June 11th to be exact. My last relaxer was October 09.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st February 2010, 10:20 am

I like this idea! My last relaxer was in May 2009, and right now I'm planning to BC in May 2010. I was gonna just let it all grow out, but I'm getting impatient ~lol~
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 1st February 2010, 10:56 am

@Muz...it too will be a year for me in May (yeah!). But like you said....I too am getting so impatient! Really...I cut a small section in the front just to see what my hair looked like. And I must say that I like what I see. Hopefully I can hold out til May but IDK!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st February 2010, 11:10 am

Yeah, I cut a little piece in the back (my avatar) to see what it'd look like. But I'm making myself wait because I want to get a certain length, plus I'm still learning how to do certain things. I've almost got flat twisting down, then I'll be moving on to cornrows Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 1st February 2010, 4:39 pm

@ Muz...I just love your blog! Great Job! It has motivated me to hold on a little while longer!
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by michelleroberts758 1st February 2010, 6:16 pm

hey, i did the BC on october 30th and i absolutely love it. i just have no clue what to do next. the last few months have been terrible. imnot sure what products to use. im just walking about in a daze. i just joined the site and i absolutely love it. the last time i saw my natural hair i was 10 yrs old and im going onto 23 in 1 1.2 mths. the one thing im sure about is im gonna stay natural for good. just need some advice and tips.

thanx much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
michelleroberts758
michelleroberts758

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd February 2010, 1:35 pm

I've been a long term transitioner(16mos) and have decided to BC in June 2010. The two textures haven't bothered me as much as otherS yet I wanted to cut when I was completely secure with the results and remaining length. I initially planned to BC in March for my bday but decided to opt for three months later during a warmer season. I will be doing this before I weave up for the summertime.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd February 2010, 5:49 pm

NewlyNina wrote:@ Muz...I just love your blog! Great Job! It has motivated me to hold on a little while longer!

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by AmariC05 2nd February 2010, 9:28 pm

@Hair2Me... I plan on BC in June as well!
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by curLEIGH 3rd February 2010, 1:43 pm

Hi ladies!

I've been viewing this blog and reading the boards for a couple of weeks now and I finally decided to register. I got my last relaxer either the last week in October 09 or the first week in November. I plan on BCing on my 21st birthday, October 2, 2010!
curLEIGH
curLEIGH

http://curleigh.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 3rd February 2010, 2:02 pm

curLEIGH wrote:Hi ladies!

I've been viewing this blog and reading the boards for a couple of weeks now and I finally decided to register. I got my last relaxer either the last week in October 09 or the first week in November. I plan on BCing on my 21st birthday, October 2, 2010!

Welcome curLeigh!! You will love this site! Its addictive so be careful...lol. Seriously though glad you replied to this thread lots of ladies here to take part in your journey. Happy Hair Growing!!
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellness27 6th February 2010, 11:14 pm

Well I think I will do it on my B-DAY (April 7). I was planning on putting in some senegalese twist then as well.
Wellness27
Wellness27

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliT0206 7th February 2010, 8:07 am

Morning All,

My last relaxer was in October 2009 or so. I plan on doing my BC in May for my 30th Bday. Me and my older sister were embarking on this journey together but she went ahead and BC'ed last month....(Some Big SIS) LOL. It's good to know that other's are out there and feeling the same anxiety as myself.
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 7th February 2010, 2:43 pm

Muz wrote: Yeah, I cut a little piece in the back (my avatar) to see what it'd look like. But I'm making myself wait because I want to get a certain length, plus I'm still learning how to do certain things. I've almost got flat twisting down, then I'll be moving on to cornrows Smile

I thought I was the only person who cut sections of hair to see what they look like. LOL I cut the back of my hair, too. I also wanted to see if the hair would grow faster without relaxed ends .
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 7th February 2010, 2:45 pm

Intransition wrote:Morning All,

My last relaxer was in October 2009 or so. I plan on doing my BC in May for my 30th Bday. Me and my older sister were embarking on this journey together but she went ahead and BC'ed last month....(Some Big SIS) LOL. It's good to know that other's are out there and feeling the same anxiety as myself.

I turn 30 in July and I plan to BC in June. I want to give myself some time to get used to my new hair so that I can look fly on my birthday. Cool I'm going on vacation for independence day, and I need to BC before I go b/c going swimming and humidity doesn't seem like fun with 1/2 relaxed,1/2 natural hair.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 9th February 2010, 10:36 am

My BC date is quickly approaching! Feb. 16!!! I'm so anxious, i've been snipping pieces randomly too. I noticed i have a gang of different textures so i still don't know what its gonna look like. I'll be 28 and i started getting relaxers when i was 7. I even asked my Mom if she remembered what my natural hair was like and she couldn't recall....ain't that somethin, i couldn't be made since it was 20 years ago!!! Anyway this month being black history month and my birthday month it has a lot of significents to me so i'm a little nervous but more excited than anything to get back to my roots literally. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next