CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Transition Partners

+36
Blex
Karameldiva1978
CarmelCurls83
KoKo
mslys09
SasahT
coilcurl7
Janet36603
D.I.V.A. Miss
iri9109
kdenise
chica rosa
Heart2Worship
natural813
babyshaq
Ameenah
bevyboo628
WilliT0206
Wellness27
curLEIGH
AmariC05
HAMPTONSFNST
michelleroberts758
Muz
3rdTimeAround
jcokes
Shauny
Thinice
NaturallyPrecious
mrsrenaissance
Poundcake921
tressedforsuccess
Deva_87
NewlyNina
Hair2Me
Hartphelt
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by bevyboo628 9th February 2010, 5:50 pm

I finally scheduled my hair appt for my BC in May. I know its far from now but I have to prepare myself mentally. I had my last relaxer at the end of September 2008. I'm so anxious to BC. everytime i see my hair wet I'm ready to grab the scissors and do it myself but I will just wait it out & let it be my graduation present to myself!
bevyboo628
bevyboo628

Back to top Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 3 Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by Ameenah 10th February 2010, 7:37 pm

jcokes wrote:I have been transitioning since October my last relaxer was October 31st. I would love to have a transitioner partner however I don't ever plan on doing the B.C. I plan to be a long term transitioner or until my natural hair is at least chin length. My dome is too big for a TWA. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have been transitioning for a year now as of right now I don't see a B.C in my future either
Ameenah
Ameenah

Back to top Go down

Post by babyshaq 11th February 2010, 2:54 am

I'm also looking for a long-term transition partner. My last relaxer was July 09 but I don't anticipating BCing any earlier than Jan. 2011 (if not longer).

babyshaq

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 19th February 2010, 7:27 am

To all my June BCers...I couldn't help myself. I cheated and BC'd! Very Happy Pics in my BC thread here ----> http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/bc-stands-for-beautiful-curls-t2264.htm
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 19th February 2010, 9:32 am

I almost BC'd weekend...still not sure I'll make it to June. LOVE the pic with the earrings.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 19th February 2010, 10:11 am

Thanks. It was so hard not to BC that I started wondering what I was waiting for. I'm so glad I went through with it though.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by natural813 23rd February 2010, 7:49 pm

I plan to BC right after I graduate high school around that time I will be 10 months transitioning..so that would be better Smile

Last edited by natural813 on 28th February 2010, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
natural813
natural813

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 24th February 2010, 3:38 pm

Hey Ladies!

One of my girlfriends and I were talking last night about doing the BC. She's been transitioning since June of 2009 where as I have been transitioning since September 2009. We both are very nervous and excited at the same time.

Initially I said that I would BC after a year, but I really don't want to do it during the winter. I've been wearing braids for the past two months and I have been contemplating doing the BC in March, but that will depend on how much it has grown. If not then, maybe in August around the time of my B-Day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 24th February 2010, 10:24 pm

Hi y'all,
I am new to this forum, 2 days or so. I am in my 10th week of transitioning. Presently am wearing a weave, which I am removing this weekend. I am also seriously contemplating the BC some time this month. My only problem is that I don't know where to go after. I have never been good at styling hair.
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 25th February 2010, 4:04 pm

I think I need to move from the June group to the March group. I don't think I will last past Spring Break...all of the free time...I'll never resist the urge.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 25th February 2010, 6:07 pm

Alright 3rdtimearound! I went in today for a "mini" chop. Mt stylist estimated that I had about 3 inches of new growth and she cut off about an inch all around.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 25th February 2010, 6:16 pm

Wow, doing the BC is really a big decision isn't it! I am away from home right now until July ending. No one in my family seems to be taking me seriously [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Hence, if I BC now, by then I'll have enough new groth not to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] anyone away. Am sticking to May [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] whoosh..
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 8:21 pm

Update
BC'd this morning
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 28th February 2010, 9:01 pm

Hi Ladies, I too, am new to the site...just joined a few minutes ago Laughing and looking forward to meeting new friends through my experience. My last relaxer was November 2009. I don't have a regimen going quite yet though b/c i have a severe case of seborrhic (spelling) dermatitis and have to use the shampoo prescribed by the dermatologist. I will be looking to you all for regimens once i get off of these prescription shampoos.

I had planned to transition for a year but I MAY BC in June...we will see though! Thanks in advance for everyone's help with my transition~~
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 28th February 2010, 11:23 pm

3rdTimeAround wrote:Update
BC'd this morning

Is that your BC pic in your avatar? Very cute!
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Looking for Transition Partners - Page 3 Empty WOW!!

Post by chica rosa 28th February 2010, 11:25 pm

Hey, is that your BC pic! your hair looks beautiful. I am scheduled for my my hair cut next Saturday. I want to do a mini chop then, and the BC at the ending of March, if I can resist.
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 28th February 2010, 11:43 pm

Yep that's my BC. I'm pleased with the results. I wasn't sure what the front was going to look like since the texture is so different from the back - which was already natural since it was shaved
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 1st March 2010, 11:39 am

Cute 3rdTimeAround! Were you nervous when you did it?

I finally got took all my braids out and my roots are thhhiiicckk! Whoa! But I've decided not to get on the March train. Don't think I'll be comfortable with the length. Maybe this summer.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 1st March 2010, 11:49 am

3rdTimeAround wrote:Yep that's my BC. I'm pleased with the results. I wasn't sure what the front was going to look like since the texture is so different from the back - which was already natural since it was shaved

Your hair looks great!!!
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 1st March 2010, 12:06 pm

Heart2Worship wrote:Cute 3rdTimeAround! Were you nervous when you did it?

I finally got took all my braids out and my roots are thhhiiicckk! Whoa! But I've decided not to get on the March train. Don't think I'll be comfortable with the length. Maybe this summer.

Thanks!

I was eager to see my hair. I was only nervous when we tried to get it cut at the salon in the Wal-Mart and the lady didn't want to wet my hair. Then she pulled out clippers. When I questioned that she got an attitude and told me that she was a professional. I'd heard several BC horror stories so I looked at my husband and we got the heck up out of there. I ended up at Visible Changes and they took care of me.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by 3rdTimeAround 1st March 2010, 12:07 pm

kdenise wrote:
3rdTimeAround wrote:Yep that's my BC. I'm pleased with the results. I wasn't sure what the front was going to look like since the texture is so different from the back - which was already natural since it was shaved

Your hair looks great!!!

Thanks so much.
3rdTimeAround
3rdTimeAround

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st March 2010, 12:43 pm

3rdTimeAround wrote:
Heart2Worship wrote:Cute 3rdTimeAround! Were you nervous when you did it?

Thanks!

I was eager to see my hair. I was only nervous when we tried to get it cut at the salon in the Wal-Mart and the lady didn't want to wet my hair. Then she pulled out clippers. When I questioned that she got an attitude and told me that she was a professional. I'd heard several BC horror stories so I looked at my husband and we got the heck up out of there. I ended up at Visible Changes and they took care of me.

Laughing She was about to give you a fade. Congrats on the BC, looks good!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 1st March 2010, 5:24 pm

I hate when folks use the "Professional" card! Being professional doesn't mean that they are perfect or even know what the heck you are doing! The clients knows what they like and want. It's as if you should put your common sense and intuition on the shelf, because they are "professional". I could see if the two of you had already established a relationship or if you were referred to her by someone. You did right, I would have kept it moving, too. Congratulations!
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by chica rosa 1st March 2010, 10:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://i.servimg.com/u/f63/14/93/76/89/15110911.jpg
Hey guys I could not resist, today I went and did a mini chop, mostly all of my relaxed ends are off. The other was taken 2 days ago before the BC.
chica rosa
chica rosa

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 12th March 2010, 10:32 pm

kdenise wrote:Hi Ladies, I too, am new to the site...just joined a few minutes ago Laughing and looking forward to meeting new friends through my experience. My last relaxer was November 2009. I don't have a regimen going quite yet though b/c i have a severe case of seborrhic (spelling) dermatitis and have to use the shampoo prescribed by the dermatologist. I will be looking to you all for regimens once i get off of these prescription shampoos.

I had planned to transition for a year but I MAY BC in June...we will see though! Thanks in advance for everyone's help with my transition~~

my last relaxer was in november and i plan to BC in june....although some days i just want to cut it all off now lol
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next