CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Transition Partners

+36
Blex
Karameldiva1978
CarmelCurls83
KoKo
mslys09
SasahT
coilcurl7
Janet36603
D.I.V.A. Miss
iri9109
kdenise
chica rosa
Heart2Worship
natural813
babyshaq
Ameenah
bevyboo628
WilliT0206
Wellness27
curLEIGH
AmariC05
HAMPTONSFNST
michelleroberts758
Muz
3rdTimeAround
jcokes
Shauny
Thinice
NaturallyPrecious
mrsrenaissance
Poundcake921
tressedforsuccess
Deva_87
NewlyNina
Hair2Me
Hartphelt
40 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Looking for Transition Partners Empty Looking for Transition Partners

Post by Hartphelt 25th January 2010, 6:56 am

Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new to this site (about a week) and i've been getting a lot of useful information. I've been transitioning for about 6 months and i want to do my BC next month the day after my birthday (Feb 16th). I thought it would be fun if someone else was planning their bc the same day or at least the same month, we could share progress and styles etc. We all can find our transition partners, and some may have groups...you get the idea. Hope you guys like this idea [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] , i'm sure i'm not the first one to think of it, but bear with me i'm new! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Looking for Transition Partners Empty Re: Looking for Transition Partners

Post by Hair2Me 25th January 2010, 12:15 pm

Great idea! My last relaxer was in October 2009 and I plan to BC in June, anyone else?
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 25th January 2010, 12:58 pm

Great Idea!
I'm game.....my last relaxer was in May 2009 (i think) and I plan to BC in May (if not sooner getting tired of the terrible twos!)....
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 25th January 2010, 9:02 pm

I'm also tired of the terrible twos and I also am tired of wasting good product on hair that I'm going to cut off anyway. My last relaxer was September 4, 2009 and I am thinking of BCing in late April or early May. Anyone thinking of else thinking of the same date. NewlyNina?
Deva_87
Deva_87

http://members.fotki.com/Deva87/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 25th January 2010, 9:09 pm

Hair2Me wrote:Great idea! My last relaxer was in October 2009 and I plan to BC in June, anyone else?

Deva_87 wrote:I'm also tired of the terrible twos and I also am tired of wasting good product on hair that I'm going to cut off anyway. My last relaxer was September 4, 2009 and I am thinking of BCing in late April or early May. Anyone thinking of else thinking of the same date. NewlyNina?

I've been transitioning since Sept and plan to BC in June probably. At first I thought I would do a really long term transition and wait until my natural hair was shoulder length, but I'm tired of wasting product, too. Plus, my curiosity is getting the best of me LOL.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 25th January 2010, 9:10 pm

Are you guys planning on BC'ing yourself or going to a salon? I want to go to a salon for shape, but at the same time, I don't know who to trust with my hair. I may cut it at home, and then find a salon if I don't like the shape.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 25th January 2010, 9:21 pm

I half way trust my stylist and then part of me doesn't thinking he would go too short so I might have my mom help me and I think the most scary part is I dont know how much growth I will have at 8 months but I'm too curious about my hair. I figured 8 months is a nice round number.
Deva_87
Deva_87

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 25th January 2010, 9:42 pm

I'll probably have my stylist do it. I started mini chopping last week and cut off some of the natural hair with the relaxed ends...dont want to do that again.

Tressedforsuccess, looks like we can be transitioning buddies! June will put me at 8 months post relaxer...Im so excited!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 25th January 2010, 9:55 pm

@hair2me yay! I've been looking for somebody who started this journey around the same time I did. I checked out your youtube video on your hair journey. (Great song choice BTW). I've basically been wearing my hair in buns or flexirod sets since I started transitioning. I've straightened my hair once, but I was so worried that I had damaged the curls, I wet it the next day. LOL. I think I'm going to straighten this weekend to do a length check.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 25th January 2010, 11:07 pm

I almost broke down and did the chop today!!! i styled my hair a few days ago with bantu knots all over an cornrows on just in the front on the right side half way back. I had the bantu knots in for a few days because i was trying to save the curly look for today (my husband was sworn in as a deputy sheriff) since it was a special occasion. So i took the knots out this morning and they were fab! i didn't take a pic because we were rushing and i thought i'd take pics when we got home...so i thought.! When we got there it was raining and windy and i had my hood on thinking that would protect it. We ended up having to walk from one building to the next and by the time we got there all the relaxed ends were bone straight and a little afro underneath (i can lol at it now because its over) i was so embarrassed, we had to take pics with me looking like boomshika LMBO now. My mom had to talk me out of the BC, i had the scissors in my hand! well i thought about this thread too so that helped. Still looking for a partner.
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 25th January 2010, 11:09 pm

Does anyone know how to put pics on the comment?
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 26th January 2010, 12:49 am

LOL...I feel your pain hartphelt...I worked on myhair all weekend...had a beautiful roller set, went outside in th monsoon, and bam! HOT MESS... I looked like a freaking mophead for real...had to totally reset my hair tnite....sighhhh

I am planning a trip to Mexico with my mom in May and thought why not go natural before I go on my trip and just wash and go....but my hair is getting super thick and it is really overpowering my permed ends....I don't think I can last that long!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 26th January 2010, 1:19 am

@ Poundcake...Ain't that the worse! I'm glad i'm not alone. How long have you been transitioning? I'm gonna BC next month, i know i won't be able to take much more of these 2 textures fighting with each other everyday [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . If you get the urge to BC next month let me know. I have about 4 inches of new growth, originally i wanted to wait til it was to my neck/shoulders...HA thats a joke (i found out the hard way) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 26th January 2010, 2:02 am

Hartphelt wrote:Does anyone know how to put pics on the comment?

There are instructions at this link: http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/how-to-post-a-picture-t310.htm
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 26th January 2010, 2:13 am

ooooo..thanks @tressedforsuccess! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 26th January 2010, 3:26 am

@hartphelt no prob. It took me a minute to figure it out, too.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNina 26th January 2010, 11:06 am

Deva_87 wrote:I'm also tired of the terrible twos and I also am tired of wasting good product on hair that I'm going to cut off anyway. My last relaxer was September 4, 2009 and I am thinking of BCing in late April or early May. Anyone thinking of else thinking of the same date. NewlyNina?

@ Deva_87 I totally understand and we can be buds! I'm game! I live in Arkansas and its not a lot of naturals here, that I can see. I actually attempted to BC Sunday night, LOL! But I didn't have the guts to continue. So I just snipped a small section in the front because I wanted to see what my natural hair would look like and I was HAPPY and felt FREE! But I would like for it to grow some more....and when I do BC I will probably do it myself because my stylist is a little scissor happy and I don't think she will do right. So just let me know.....anyone else?
NewlyNina
NewlyNina

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 26th January 2010, 8:02 pm

I am gointo my 8th month of transitioning startin feb 1st...and iim goin to wait it out a lil longer...got my curls back today girl....felt like myself again!!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 26th January 2010, 8:57 pm

I think about BCing too, but I'm too chicken. My plan was to wait a full year, which is coming up, but I also wanted enough length for a ponytail.

Lately I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail because I sweat out my "do" when I work out 3 times a wk. Even then my relaxed ponytail looks like it's just there.

But alot could happen by April, I just might change my mind [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by tressedforsuccess 26th January 2010, 9:20 pm

mrsrenaissance wrote:I think about BCing too, but I'm too chicken. My plan was to wait a full year, which is coming up, but I also wanted enough length for a ponytail.

Lately I've been wearing my hair in a ponytail because I sweat out my "do" when I work out 3 times a wk. Even then my relaxed ponytail looks like it's just there.

But alot could happen by April, I just might change my mind [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My initial plan was to transition for 2 years or to shoulder length hair, but I changed that once my hair started growing out b/c I'm too impatient and I want to see my curls! Right now the plan is June/July. I turn 30 in July, so it would be nice to go into my 30's completely natural.
tressedforsuccess
tressedforsuccess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 26th January 2010, 11:21 pm

@Poundcake921 I know thats right! Its hard to keep a protective style particularly braids because you can't play in it, lol i guess thats why its called a "protective" style. i'm at 6 months now and i've been snipping little pieces in the back to see my texture (so excited to see the coils). When do you think you will be ready for the BC? I'm ready now, everytime i'm on youtube watching people do their BC i get even more antsy, but i set a date and i'm trying to stick to it.
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 26th January 2010, 11:28 pm

I think I'm goin to BC in May...me and mom are plannin a trip to mexico...that mite be my motivation to get rid of the hair and wash and go but my hair is crazy thick and and I don't know how many rollers sets I can do before it starts lookin weird lollll.....but I'm goin to hang in there as long as I can! I support u tho if u plam to do it next month...can't wait to see the results!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Deva_87 27th January 2010, 2:07 am

yeah i was also going to transition for 1.5 years but I feel like even if I don't have that as much hair as I'm used to. It will still grow out. I just want to be natural already. So i definitely think late April or early May is good for me.
Deva_87
Deva_87

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartphelt 27th January 2010, 2:58 am

Thankx girl. I want to go to the natural hair show in ATL in April and i want to be all natural before i go. I'm supporting you too and everybody else This is a Movement [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . When are you gonna add a pic to your avatar?
Hartphelt
Hartphelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyPrecious 27th January 2010, 12:36 pm

Hello Ladies!!! I'm new to the board. My last relaxer was June '09. My original plan was to transition 2 years. BUT I too am getting anxious to see what my curls look like. So now my plans are to BC June '10 and then go from there.
NaturallyPrecious
NaturallyPrecious

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next