CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition

2 posters

Go down

Transition Empty Transition

Post by ambutts 13th March 2010, 4:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I just found this site when searching for something to use on my hair before transitioning. The site is wonderful. My questiion is, how can I keep my newgrowth or my Kitchen from looking so rough without relaxing it? My hair is cut in a Bob so its short in the back, newgrowth is hard and dry eventhough I grease it every night.

April
Smyrna, GA

ambutts

Back to top Go down

Transition Empty Re: Transition

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 13th March 2010, 6:20 pm

Invest in a good leave-in conditioner and seal with a natural oil or shea butter. I use Cantu leave-in conditioner and Giovanni Direct leave-in. For my natural oils, I use unrefined coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil and sweet almond oil. I also use unrefined shea butter. My hair is short in the back and my new growth is not hard or dry. Also, I invested in some vegetable glycerin which I mixed with water and oils and I spritz my kitchen area with this. I found the recipe for this spritz on a You Tube video. I also use a gel sometimes on this area and then I seal with oil. I like IC Fantasia gel or Eco Styler gel. You can find both of these gels at most beauty supply stores. Wal-mart and Target carry some natural products. I purchased my oils from the health food store. I got my shea butter from an Asian owned beauty supply store that caters to African Americans. You can also order items on-line as well. I ordered a bunch of items from Iherb.com. If you decide to order from their website, you get $5 off your first order with the discount code.
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by ambutts 15th March 2010, 2:20 pm

Thank you Soooo much, I will try some of your recommendations. Anything is better than the dryness I'm experiencing now.

April

ambutts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down