CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY TRANSITION

3 posters

Go down

MY TRANSITION Empty MY TRANSITION

Post by ANewTikki 12th June 2010, 12:54 pm

I have been having a hard time with my transitioning (or at doing the wrong things to transition). I have been in transition for 5 months now. In the beginning, I kept a sew-in and then I got a quick-weave on paper and a cap. I recently I visited the Dominican shop for a press and blow out. All bad mistakes!! Now that I have washed my hair, I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO GO!!!! I used the InStyler, flat irons, and now I am suffering from the guilt of abusing my hair LOL. I have very thick hair. I have read your suggestions as to products so I will go and buy those. I was told to wash my hair, spray aloe vera and 14 in1 on my hair before I twist it. Tried that but I have permed ends so this was not a success. I have planned to get Senegalese Twist tomorrow. PLEASE ADVISE/HELP!!! I will post pics soon.....
ANewTikki
ANewTikki

Back to top Go down

MY TRANSITION Empty Re: MY TRANSITION

Post by Naturally Esq 12th June 2010, 3:57 pm

I have been transitioning since 9/09. The only way that I have found to curl my relaxed ends so that they blend with my natural hair is after shampoo, condition etc, to divide my hair into about ten sections, braid or twist those sections all the way to the end, and then roll the relaxed ends on drinking straws that are cut to 2-3 inches long. The diameter of the drinking straw is very small so this will result in a very small curled relaxed end that will blend with the texture of my natural hair..
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by ANewTikki 12th June 2010, 4:01 pm

Thanks!! I am going to try this today. At least that will last until I get the twist tomorrow.
ANewTikki
ANewTikki

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 12th June 2010, 4:05 pm

Another way to curl it and hide the two textures without heat is to two strand twist it, and then twist the hair into a bantu knot. (twisted bantu knot out) I have hair that is a little past shoulder length and I usually do about 15 of them , but the smaller you do them, the tighter the curls will be. There are some tutorials on youtube that show you how if you need a visual. This is my go-to transitioning style right now but I know women who are 6 and 7 months in who love it as well.

Other styles: Flat twist out/Cornrow out, Braid Out, Braided Bantu Knot out, Bantu Knot out, Flexi Rod Set
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down