CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteƩ
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by FemmeFox 2nd March 2010, 3:29 pm

Good morning Ladies!

Sorry for my absence. I was at another adv. skin care class. I have the every other Monday in March but once I'm done I will be certified as a clinical esthetician!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_biggrin That just means that I'll be able to do some more of the advance procedures like chemical peels and microdermabrasion. It's all very exciting.

Hairwise: Yesterday I did what could be considered a coil out. I liberally spritzed my hair until it was damp but not sopping and using shea butter, undid each coil. My hair felt super moisturized, thick, and nicely textured. I will take a pic and post it this week. I will also be updating my Fotki this week. I am going to be better ar documenting my monthly hair styles. This will also let me keep track of my length. My hair is growing like crazy!! The less I do, the more Seffy like it. I believe that for us, low manipulation is the name of the game.

Have a great day!
Savannah

ps<---- I got the make-up job AND was offered an esthetician postion (on the spot) because they are converting the salon into a day spa! That was pretty amazing!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd March 2010, 3:33 pm

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 678474

Let me hold $5!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 2nd March 2010, 3:46 pm

Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_rr
Lynnieluve wrote:Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 678474

Let me hold $5!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_lol
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd March 2010, 4:02 pm

LOL@ Lynn!

Congrats!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 2nd March 2010, 5:07 pm

go girl! Makeup is my other addiction!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 3rd March 2010, 1:42 pm

Happy Mid-Week!

Today is kinda a blah-ish hair day. Seffy is still super moisturized (a GREAT thing) and I have been tying my head scarf a bit looser at night so I don't have so much smushing. That combination means that this morning I just used my fingers to fuff some of the flatter spots and that was it. I got a little extra mositure by wearing only my shower cap (read: no head scarf) in the shower this morning. I am loving my texture and density! I think the shea butter helped my hair clump together a bit more. It feels thick and delicious and I have HIH like a mug, lol!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_razz

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:go girl! Makeup is my other addiction!

Thanks CKF!

Have a great day ladies!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd March 2010, 2:04 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Happy Mid-Week!

Today is kinda a blah-ish hair day. Seffy is still super moisturized (a GREAT thing) and I have been tying my head scarf a bit looser at night so I don't have so much smushing. That combination means that this morning I just used my fingers to fuff some of the flatter spots and that was it. I got a little extra mositure by wearing only my shower cap (read: no head scarf) in the shower this morning. I am loving my texture and density! I think the shea butter helped my hair clump together a bit more. It feels thick and delicious and I have HIH like a mug, lol!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_razz

What you described sounds like better than a "blah-ish hair day." Your hair is clumping, have HIH, moisturized hair, and clumped curls. What more would you like? Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_surprised

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 3rd March 2010, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Included quote)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 4th March 2010, 5:54 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
FemmeFox wrote:Happy Mid-Week!

What you described sounds like better than a "blah-ish hair day." Your hair is clumping, have HIH, moisturized hair, and clumped curls. What more would you like? Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_surprised
I guess I meant blah because I didn't really have to do anything....hmmm that sounds bratty doesn't it. Lol, thanks for keeping it real Chrs!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 4th March 2010, 6:03 pm

Happy Thursday. I stayed at home from work and school so I'm not doing much with my hair. I just took my scarf off and am playing in my curls...found some fairy knots...does this mean I need to comb my hair? I haven't used a comb in my hair in at least 8 weeks, I've just been finger combing.

ps< Ummm don't you hate waiting for your period? My hormones are going crazy and I'm moody. Boo! Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_eek
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 5th March 2010, 1:41 pm

Happy Friday Beauties!

After I posted yesterday I noticed some flakes on my shirt from playing in my hair, gross! So I decided that a cowash was in order. I recently received my Vatika oil from BnB so I parted my hair in four sections (with my hands), covered each section with the oil, and massaged into my hair/scalp to make sure each strand was coated. Then I put on my shower cap and took a shower, leaving my hair for last so that the steam would penetrate. Before I hoped out I cowashed with Aussie moist. My hair felt heavenly! When I got out I used a tshirt to remove excess moisture (I have dedictaed my too small 'Trust Me I'm a Doctor' shirt for this while I'm still in the twa pahse). I let air dry while I mositurized my face and body, then used my BioInfusions Olive Oil Leave-In, and sealed with my BnB shea butter. The reult was that Seffy felt thick and dense, and my curl definition was pretty amazing. I'll be rockin my twa for the weekend and most likely all next week too.

Have a good weekend ladies! Hopefully the weather where you are is nice and you can go have some fun in the sun!

~S Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_rr
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 8th March 2010, 3:20 pm

Good Monday curlies!

Had a pretty dull hair weekend. Just worked with my fro. Yesterday I noticed some dryness. It seems like my hair isn't retaining moisture loose like it does when it's twisted...do any of you notice anything like that? I think part of it is dehydration, and the other part is sealing. I water washed on Sunday followed with olive oil, and sealed with shea butter. Yesterday Seffy felt fine and she feels soft today but still a bit on the dry side. I bought a new satin bonnet so I'll see how that works.

Went to the gym on Saturday. Had a good 20 min cardio workout. I sweated a bit which was good and powered through even though I was pretty winded after the first 10 minutes, lol. I feel more committed than ever to my weight loss and fitness goals. My body is starting to feel stringer even though I don't see any noticable difference. My GF and I took pictures Saturday so we can more accurately chronicle our journeys. Excitement!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th March 2010, 11:20 pm

I am sorry your hair was dry recently. I notice after using shea butter (mix or alone) my hair feels dry after repeated use (without washing it out). I don't know if that is your case but I hope you find the culprit

Woo hoo for working out, you go lady! I took pictures too. I hope to be able to share the loss in pictures in about a year. Keep up the great work! **join sparkpeople.com
Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_wink **
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2010, 2:03 am

Girl, I am excited for you on your fitness committment.
I usually say to myself, if I don't sweat and don't hurt during and afterwards, it just ain't right Natural in Wonderland - Page 6 Icon_lol .
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 9th March 2010, 1:59 pm

Happy Tuesday!

Still rockin the fro. The satin bonnet is really helping me retain
moisture. I think I need to get another one to wear under the knit cap
that I wear to work most mornings. Right now I'm just using a do rag
and I always have to fuff the sides again when I get to work. A small
thing but still kinda annoying.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am sorry your hair was dry recently. I notice after using shea butter (mix or alone) my hair feels dry after repeated use (without washing it out). I don't know if that is your case but I hope you find the culprit

Thanks for the heads up Chrs! When Seffy was SUPER moisturized I had just washed her with actual shampoo (instead my usual cowash) and that may have been the difference. I am just not really a fan of washing my hair with shampoo...I think that it leave my hair feeling stripped but product build-up is not sexy either so I may just have to deal with it and *gasp* shampoo my hair more often. This will also give me a reason to buy some more shampoo since I'm almost out of the BioInfusions and I want something a bit more sexy, lol.

Thanks Chrs and IB for the love! I weighed myself last night and I have gained 3 lbs. Le sigh, I haven't seen any weight loss yet. I know that it's because I've only been working out sporadically and I think that my altered sleep schedule (5-6 hours per night) is too blame as well. My time frees up once I'm finished with school in April so hopefully the fat will melt away quickly. I'm not just going to sit around and hope for the best however, I do have some days during the week where I have time to exercise because I go into work later (Thur and Fri) and I do have the weekend (Sat and Sun). The eating thing is what I need to get under control. During the week I'm good but on the weekend, the diet gets off track. Grrr!

Thanks again for all the support ladies!

Last edited by FemmeFox on 9th March 2010, 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th March 2010, 2:14 pm

Hi FemmeFox~

Is that an update picture in your avatar? Would love to see your growth. Sounds like you are doing well with your wNg's..
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2010, 2:52 pm

I do not like shampoo per se either. I use Dr. Bonner's All in One Soap (shikakai, spearmint, peppermint) and a shikakai shampoo bar (purchased from local Indian grocer). When I clarify, I use baking soda and conditioner followed by an apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse. I use about 1/2 c of thin conditioner (VO5 Moisture Milks consistency) and a tablespoon of baking soda. I apply it to my scalp and rub. When rinsing I let the mixture flow down my hair strands. I use the ACV rinse (two cups water and three tablespoons of ACV) after the soda to bring my hair's pH back. I do not rinse out the ACV. I DC afterward.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 9th March 2010, 3:11 pm

@Chrs I was thinking about it and I wonder if the dryness is a result of using the vatika oil. I have just been putting it in my hair like I do with the olive oil. Maybe I should try using it as a prepoo. Hmmmm....something to think about.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 9th March 2010, 3:16 pm

@KNH that picture is from mid/late February. Its finger coils from two strand twists. Right now I am mainly wearing twists and twist outs. This is the first time in about a month that I am wearing my fro out. Twist are the mainstay in my hair routine right now but I am itching to try a proper wash-n-go ala SweetDrk1.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th March 2010, 3:52 pm

FemmeFox wrote:@KNH that picture is from mid/late February. Its finger coils from two strand twists. Right now I am mainly wearing twists and twist outs. This is the first time in about a month that I am wearing my fro out. Twist are the mainstay in my hair routine right now but I am itching to try a proper wash-n-go ala SweetDrk1.

Yep!!! I'm itching to try Sweet's wash-n-go as well. I was truly impressed. She should put that on YouTube!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 9th March 2010, 6:24 pm

dag, femme, i been missin out on ur bnb!! i gotta keep up wit u cuz we can learn our twa's together!

how do u like ur vatika oil? i got mine from bnb too and i thought it would be a bigger bottle. its thick so how do u get it out?

as far as the moisture thing is concerned, i totally agree, my twa is more dry when its out n about but once i keep it twisted or coiled it can stay moisturized for a good 2-3 days.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 9th March 2010, 7:18 pm

NubieNatty wrote:dag, femme, i been missin out on ur bnb!! i gotta keep up wit u cuz we can learn our twa's together!

how do u like ur vatika oil? i got mine from bnb too and i thought it would be a bigger bottle. its thick so how do u get it out?

as far as the moisture thing is concerned, i totally agree, my twa is more dry when its out n about but once i keep it twisted or coiled it can stay moisturized for a good 2-3 days.

I like it so far. I think I may use only as a prepoo tho, not too wild about the smell. As for getting it out of the bottle, I microwave a cup of water to almost boiling and then but the vatika bottle in that. It melts well and comes out easily after that.

So now I am on the search for the perfect gel. Now that you've had the Qhemet for awhile, how is it doing you? I went to Sally's this weekend and almost bought some Eco styler (huge tub for like $3) but didn't want to get so much in case I didn't like it. I need gel mainly for definition in my fro, however I am terrifed of flakes and crunchiness.

Glad that my twa sis is back!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th March 2010, 1:53 pm

Happy Hump Day!

Today I spritzed Seffy with my moisture spritz (time to make a new batch) and finger fluffed. I wore the satin bonnet that I sleep in under my hat on my way to work today and only had to refluff the parts in fromt of my ears so I think that I'll buy another bonnet just to go under hats.

This weekend I am going to retwist my hair and wear the twists through the end of the month. I think that having the bonnet will help keep frizzies at bay so the style should look better longer.

The weather here is dry, sunny, and cold (for Cali). It's like a teaser for waht Spring is really going to be like.

Hope everything is good in your hood!

Peace!
~S
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 10th March 2010, 2:21 pm

don'tcha just love hump day!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th March 2010, 2:49 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:don'tcha just love hump day!
Almost as much as I love Friday!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 10th March 2010, 8:03 pm

the eco styler wont be a bad deal actually, esp for $3. i just used some over top of my kbb butter for a better hold on my twist in the back.

qhemets gel is awesome but try it out in the sample size first. i actually think i need to put it in the fridge cuz i dnt really use gel often and when i let it sit for too long it gets watery. i mix it with the olive n honey balm (which i use more than the gel) so it makes up for it. the results...shine, moisture and hold. no crunchiness or flakes

the eco was no flakes either but i had crunchiness cuz i went overboard, once i put an oil or butter over top it was good.

my other staple gel besides qhemets is pam's koils by nature; lavendar n eucalyptus gel; heavenly!

maybe ill get back into the bnb club so i can post my results on the different gels, lol.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next