CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural in Wonderland

+37
LadyMika
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
DvaAuNaturel
Karyn
TMS
krazy coils
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
lovesunshine17
LaToya28
MellowOne
Nikcoils
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
AfrikanLatina
blondie
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Intelligentbeauty
truet
LilMsPuddles
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
Stacye
HumanNature
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
vonda4b
tiashaunteé
MsJay1121
FemmeFox
41 posters

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Empty Re: Natural in Wonderland

Post by NubieNatty 18th March 2010, 4:08 pm

that part is HOT!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 18th March 2010, 4:27 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I like your side part. Love the side glance in last picture.

Thanks that's my "I actually got enough sleep so I can take pix before work without looking like an overworked zombie" look. Lol.

NubieNatty wrote:that part is HOT!!

Thanks Sis! I default to parting on my right since I think that's my best side. Next time I do think look I think I'm going to part it on the left for a little variety. I love how parting your hair differently can change up your look.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th March 2010, 12:30 am

I haven't tried parts...I have a lot of new things to try when I take my braids down.

FemmeFox you looking good girl!!! Like those earrings too!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th March 2010, 12:34 am

I have been meaning to come here to tell you I saw the pics in a dif thread. I was like let me find out I have to stalk other threads to see that bad azz part! you are rocking it!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th March 2010, 1:10 am

I concur!! I absolutely LOVE the part! You're looking flyy afro
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th March 2010, 1:34 pm

Happy Friday Queens!

I am in a wonderful mood! The weather here in NorCal (Northern California) has been beautiful all week! It's been in the 70's everyday! Spring has sprung!!!! This weather has me anticipating Summer in full force! I have been thinking about lying by pool and using the sun as heat for a DC. Yeah I am definitely ready.

In hair news Seffy is still rockin the sculpted fro to my delight. Since it's casual Friday I finger fluffed but didn't pat down too much so I can have a little texture and clumpage. ::singing:: Love It!!!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I haven't tried parts...I have a lot of new things to try when I take my braids down. FemmeFox you looking good girl!!! Like those earrings too!!!

Thanks KNH! I know that you will have MANY inspirations once those braids come down!

sweetdrk1 wrote:I have been meaning to come here to tell you I saw the pics in a dif thread. I was like let me find out I have to stalk other threads to see that bad azz part! you are rocking it!!

Lol! I posted in the TWA stylings thread as well. It's so rare that I post picture (that will be changing!!!!) that when I do I put them up everywhere....my own personal graffitti. Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_pirat

bholmes87 wrote:I concur!! I absolutely LOVE the part! You're looking flyy afro

Thanks boo!

My weeked hair plans aren't too spectacular. Gonna cowas and DC. Have some spring cleaning planned with the GF so I may or may not put in a new set of twists. Maybe I'll (finally) pick up some Ecostyler and work on my wash n go.

Happy Friday!!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th March 2010, 2:29 pm

i know thats right!! doesnt it feel so good to jus keep it simple! thats a good idea to use the sun for the heat of a dc. hmmm, maybe i can go runnin in the neighborhood wit a plastic cap on my head and come home nice n sweaty n hop in the shower.. mmmmmm!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th March 2010, 2:38 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i know thats right!! doesnt it feel so good to jus keep it simple! thats a good idea to use the sun for the heat of a dc. hmmm, maybe i can go runnin in the neighborhood wit a plastic cap on my head and come home nice n sweaty n hop in the shower.. mmmmmm!!

oooh that sounds like a good idea. Since I'm pressed for time these days I am trying to think of ways to combine hair treatments with other things. I see myself slathering dc through my hair, wrapping it up with a lil saran wrap then wearing a chic floppy hat while sitting poolside, sigh. I can't wait!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Empty Wash-n-go? Maybe next time!

Post by FemmeFox 22nd March 2010, 2:24 pm

Happy Monday ladies!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Mine was wonderful and chill. Finally bought the Olive Oil Ecostyler yesterday. Then I came home and watched Sweet's wash-n-go video as well as Bambiiix2's wash-n-go video. I decided to combine the two methods and see what I got. What I got was an epic FAIL!!! Lol.

I realized that I have 2 textures on my head or 2 diameters on my head. Tiny little coils that are the diameter of a spring in a mechanical pencil and fatter coils that are the diameter of the thin end of chopsticks. There isn't really a uniform pattern for where the fat coils are...kinda on my crown and at the nape of my neck are the largest concentration but thay are sprinkled all throughout my head.

So the problems that I had were the following:

1. Tiny coils do not spring back when stretched while coating with product. Small sections would not coil back up, just hung kinda listless and frizzy and sad looking.
2. All coils prefer to go up rather than down.

What I think may help:

1. A curl enhancing cream. Bambiiix2 uses curl activator gel as one of her wng products and Sweet uses the Afeoveda Pur Whipped Gelly. Since I am not too much of a gel fan I am thinking of using Kozama Care's Coconut pudding or Kinky Curly Coiling Custard. I have also had success in the past with Miss Jessies Curly Buttercreme.

2. Working the wng into my twist/coil rotation. The last time I did a coil out after 2 strand twists I loved how my coils popped. That is exactly how I want my wng to look. So when I do my next set and get to the coil out stage I will add gel and see what happens.

3. Not combing my hair. I combed my hair when I dc'd*this weekend and I think that it separated my coils too much. I had no clumping and I think (at least for Seffy) that clumping is key for this style.

4. Damp v. wet hair. Seffy accepts product more when she's damp then when she is sopping wet. When wet product just seems to slide right off. More incentive to get a new blow dryer? We'll see.

* I dc'd ths weekend before going out for a night on the town. Since I was pressed for time I combined a few things: first I saturated my hair with vatika oil, then added my dc over that (this all done on dry hair), wrapped with a plastic bag and covered with my satin cap. I let this sit for about 45 minutes. When I got in the shower I rinsed the mixture out with warm water. Then I cowashed with Aussie moist and pik'd out my hair with the AM still in. I rinsed out the AM by pouring water over my head instead of using the shower stream. Tshirt dried and then moisturized with shea butter and leave-in. This resulted in a tight close twa. Loved it!

That was my weekend in hair.

Love!
~Seffy and Sav

Last edited by FemmeFox on 22nd March 2010, 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd March 2010, 4:18 am

**bangin on table** WHERE ARE THE PICS....WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!

i want to try sweets method too, have u done the accordion one yet? im just now bein able to fully enjoy my wash n go's by rakin gel on at the crown. i learned i gotta use more products at the crown cuz it doesnt coil up as much like my sides. dont be afraid of gels. i think we so used to the ol' skool gels we used in those permie days we've been bamboozled. the only gel i've tried and didnt like is HH totally twisted gel, good thing i only got a sample size. it made my hair hard, dry n crunchy.

another good thing i do is pair my gels n mix em wit oils. when im doin my wng i use whatever condish im finishin wit as a leave-in then rake a gel on top without pairin em though.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 23rd March 2010, 12:27 pm

NubieNatty wrote:**bangin on table** WHERE ARE THE PICS....WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!

i want to try sweets method too, have u done the accordion one yet? im just now bein able to fully enjoy my wash n go's by rakin gel on at the crown. i learned i gotta use more products at the crown cuz it doesnt coil up as much like my sides. dont be afraid of gels. i think we so used to the ol' skool gels we used in those permie days we've been bamboozled. the only gel i've tried and didnt like is HH totally twisted gel, good thing i only got a sample size. it made my hair hard, dry n crunchy.

another good thing i do is pair my gels n mix em wit oils. when im doin my wng i use whatever condish im finishin wit as a leave-in then rake a gel on top without pairin em though.

I've never been much of a gel person so I just have a slight aversion to them. idk though what I didn't say yesterday is that I ended up cowashing my hair a second time on Sunday because of all the product that I had in it. Then I sparingly raked the ecostyler through it and just coiled sections here and there on my head and the popped my satin cap on so I'd stop playing with it, lol. The gel hasn't made my hair crunchy at all. I didn't take any pics because it didn't look like much of anything. Just a bit white from all the product. I will take pics of this next set of styles that I do. I'm going to try to make my twist set last for six weeks.

Week 1-2: 2 strand twists
Week 3-4: twist to coils
Week 5-6: coil out/ wng

That should take me to the end through to the end of April. (And the end of school what! what! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 678474 ). Hopefully by then I will have worked out some of the kinks. I think one of the reasons that I shy away from some products is that I don't like shampooing my hair. I'll get over it!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th March 2010, 12:37 pm

Bon Mercredi Mon Amis!

Today was another spritz and fluff for Seffy. I do love the convenience of a little moisture, a little massage and out the door.

sn: I'm going to start studying French again. I took it in jr. high but then had a schedule mix up in 9th grade (they switched me to Spanish) and I have been barely learning Spanish ever since. Time to go back to my first language love!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th March 2010, 12:45 pm

oooo french is so sexy! I like your plan but uhm can I see Seffy more often please? Im just sayin! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 24th March 2010, 4:37 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:oooo french is so sexy! I like your plan but uhm can I see Seffy more often please? Im just sayin! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_bounce

I know! I know! There really isn't anything to show right now. I will post pics this weekend of my new set of twist and will be documenting the styles that follow.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th March 2010, 3:02 pm

Happy Thursday!

Spritz n go as per usual today. I'm excited to do my personal six week twist challenge and see how that goes. I'm also planning what I'm going to do with my hair for the rest of the year. Lol, I know. So here goes:

Free hair through the Summer (Now until August)
*Learn how to braid
*Try some new styles: bantu knots, mini bumps
*Perfect my wash n go
Kinky twists for the Fall (August through November)
*Give Seffy two weeks off between sets for thorough deep clean, deep conditioning, and trims if necessary.
Hair out for the Holidays (November through January)
*Experiment with updo and -outs (twist, knot, braid)
*Roller and rod sets

I'm excited! 2011 should show me some exciting new length and styling options. Maybe I am thinking too far ahead but whatever!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th March 2010, 3:05 pm

Oh! One of the reasons for all the thinking ahead is that I'm getting my hours at school audited. Turns out that I've been getting shorted. Now that everything is being updated I may be out sooner than expected!!!!

I'm so excited to have my evenings and weekends back!!!!!!!

Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_cherry
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th March 2010, 3:25 pm

Woooo Hoooo for having time back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 25th March 2010, 3:29 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Woooo Hoooo for having time back!

I know right! That also means MORE PICS!!!!!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Lol
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 25th March 2010, 3:36 pm

FemmeFox wrote:

I know right! That also means MORE PICS!!!!!!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Lol

That's always a good thing!!!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th March 2010, 4:15 pm

i love the 2010 plan and beyond...great idea!! im definitely goin back to my kinky twist WITH extensions this fall for at least 2 months, i will try to hold out til 3 months this time, lol. i just know i cant win with my hair bein out and about in the winter time. but oh yea this summer...im showin OUT!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_rr

once u finish learnin french can u teach me cuz paris is my dream vacay!! i took french in high school specifically for my dream vacay and errrr, i cheated my way thru Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_redface
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th March 2010, 2:11 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i love the 2010 plan and beyond...great idea!! im definitely goin back to my kinky twist WITH extensions this fall for at least 2 months, i will try to hold out til 3 months this time, lol. i just know i cant win with my hair bein out and about in the winter time. but oh yea this summer...im showin OUT!! Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_rr

once u finish learnin french can u teach me cuz paris is my dream vacay!! i took french in high school specifically for my dream vacay and errrr, i cheated my way thru Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_redface

Lol @ cheating thru French. I BARELY slid through Spanish and most of my extended family (lil bro, stepmom, cuzzins, etc) is Mexican. Yes I will teach you...once I learn!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th March 2010, 2:17 pm

Happy Fridays Beauties!

Ummm how hard was it for me to even get out of bed this morning? Thank the heavens above for the spritz and go!!! Seffy is little on the itchy side so I am definitely going to shampoo her and DC this weekend. My GF promised to help me butter my scalp so we should be right and tight for Savannah's Six Week Twist Challenge Natural in Wonderland - Page 8 Icon_rr . And since I am being more diligent with pics and updating my fotki I am also going to photographing each week of the challenge and posting what I've learned.

How have hair challenges, personal or group, worked out for you ladies?

Have a great weekend!!!!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th March 2010, 3:30 pm

I love simple hair challenges. They really keep you motivated and accountable for how you treat your hair.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 26th March 2010, 4:21 pm

tiashauntee wrote:I love simple hair challenges. They really keep you motivated and accountable for how you treat your hair.

That is exactly why I'm doing it. I know Seffy responds better to protective styling so I am also going to see how much length I can get. Your hair is looking beayootiful Tia!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 26th March 2010, 5:48 pm

ive definitely learned protective styles have enhanced retainin moisture and just plain ol bein out of the way. i've never done a challenge before...what savannah's about?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next