CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

+30
FloridaSunshiny
BlondeByDesire
naturalhonney
snappynappy
CurlyMo
MissFierce21
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
iri9109
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
SisterBoyd
ChrsLvsBks
YoungFlyy&Nappy
krazy coils
kchapman06
Corygentri
NikG20
lena73
divadr175
blondie
NubieNatty
likethemoon
Erica5417
Pinkrage
AfrikanLatina
Lynnieluve
Keisha
sweetdrk1
traveljunkie08
34 posters

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash - Page 26 Empty Re: CHALLENGE: Use Your Stash

Post by Erica5417 27th March 2010, 10:17 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:

Do you use heat when you DC with the Tui smoothie? I used it today and didnt get those amazing results you got. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

No heat. I apply it to soaking wet hair in the shower (I detangle first with Giovanni 50/50, rinse thoroughly, apply the smoothie in 4 sections and let sit for an hour with a plastic cap on).
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 27th March 2010, 10:18 pm

I will try that next time....My hair wasnt soaking wet.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th March 2010, 8:57 am

so lynnie how did u apply it?

@erica; so do you just dip ur hand in and plop it on? im heavy handed so i started using a perm brush!

@travel; its ok at least u can take em back if u dnt like it. i think u got ur pj-ism under control. ur different from the rest of us..i mean THEM **puttin arms around travel shoulders** lets get outta here before they continue to corrupt us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th March 2010, 9:52 pm

NubieNatty wrote:

@travel; its ok at least u can take em back if u dnt like it. i think u got ur pj-ism under control. ur different from the rest of us..i mean THEM **puttin arms around travel shoulders** lets get outta here before they continue to corrupt us [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wait, didn't you post in your BnB thread that you bought some CD products based on Erica's reco? Laughing
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 9:58 pm

NubieNatty wrote:so lynnie how did u apply it?

@erica; so do you just dip ur hand in and plop it on? im heavy handed so i started using a perm brush!

I applied it to damp hair.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th March 2010, 10:14 pm

@ travel- [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] you got me!! **head down in shame** it was totally unexpected your honor! there i was...clowning erica and helpin her search when...when...**harps play** i couldnt resist it myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . i fought the urge and hit the X button 3 times but...but...the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] got a hold of me and made me re-visit and hit submit!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] where were you travel....where??? midnight...1226am? nope! i blame myself **breakin branch off of tree and bending over**
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 10:32 pm

lmaoooo @ the harps playing! hahahahahahaa
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 10:33 pm

Nubie, I use it in the shower. Detangle first in 4 sections with Giovanni 50/50, then I rinse that and I just dip my finger into the smoothie and apply it to each section.

and Nubie you will not blame Evil or Very Mad for your product addiction! lol, that was all you. On the plus side...I didn't buy anything Smile so proud of myself (plus Lynnie kept giving me the look Suspect
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 30th March 2010, 10:36 pm

lmaoooooooooooooo that look kills me.

I have nothing to say. I have recently purchased Bumble and Bumble and my challenge ends tmrw. So I just enjoy you ladies. I have nothing to say *walks away in shame*
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th March 2010, 10:42 pm

Confessions of a recovery product junkie...I purchased Tresemme' Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner. See what had happened was.......VO5 just aint doing it for me anymore and read wonderful reviews about Tresemme' and I got it at Walmart today..It's silicone free too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 30th March 2010, 10:43 pm

Oooo....everybody confessing! And y'all had the nerve to to judge me and my CD issues. All them glass houses...
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 30th March 2010, 10:55 pm

BBwwaaaaaHHHH!!! @ glass houses!! so wait...i did all the temptin and YOU didnt even get it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...dmn it..jokes on me (and my wallet) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

look fwd to my smoothie though!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 31st March 2010, 3:10 pm

So ya'll got Nubbie picking her oen switches..lol. well ladies I haven't bought anything. I am using up what I have and my challenge ends tomorrow.

Last edited by SheeTacular_Napps on 31st March 2010, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 31st March 2010, 9:10 pm

Nubie and Erica, y'all are hilarious!!!

@Shee: That's great!

Well, I went to Target to take the HE conditioner I bought back (unused). I just didn't need it and I want to try either Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or the new Tresemme condish that Lynne just bought. Anyway, thank goodness I discovered I left my wallet at home because I was about to go to town! There was a display with Miss Jessie's, Curls and Shea Moisture products on it. There were five different products I wanted to try, but I couldn't buy any of them. Mad I guess that's a good thing...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 31st March 2010, 9:16 pm

this could be because im totally broke lol but when i started transitioning i had the urge to buy everything and now that i BCd i dont even wanna buy anything i just want to use up what i have...
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 1st April 2010, 11:57 pm

target has curls? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 2nd April 2010, 12:22 am

Carol's Daughter does it again! Let me tell you ladies what happened. All week I've been putting a bonnet on my fro and going to bed, no twisting--kids, class and work are wearing me out. Each morning I get up and apply some CD Hair Milk, coconut oil or CD Tui Oil and go. Tonight, I realized I had to detangle or I was going to be in for some trouble later. I grab my Tui Smoothie, head for the shower and brace myself for 1) the shedding (since I haven't touched my hair in at least 7 days) and 2) the pain of detangling. Imagine my surprise when I get into the shower, wet my hair and find that I do NOT have to detangle at all! My goody (soft denman type) brush is gliding through my hair-- from root to tip and there was almost no shedding. I was trying to figure out what I had done differently this week when it hit me. Each morning over the last 7 days or so, I've also been spraying the CD Tui Leave Conditioner in on my hair. I am definitely going to order the Tui Shampoo because Phoenix is loving these CD Tui products (and they smell good).

*I'll do a youtube review after using the Tui Leave in for one more week
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 2nd April 2010, 12:28 am

erica have u not done enuff damage [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !!!

i should be receivin my tui gift set by next week. the oil n leave-in are on my wish list!!

so after u rinse out the smoothie do u put anything else in it or u just hop out the shower n proceed to use a styler?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 2nd April 2010, 12:36 am

I leave the Smoothie on for an hour with a plastic cap. Then I plop for about 15 mins and when my hair is about 80% dry, I start my twisting method.
Erica5417
Erica5417

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 2nd April 2010, 6:16 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Confessions of a recovery product junkie...I purchased Tresemme' Naturals Nourishing Moisture conditioner. See what had happened was.......VO5 just aint doing it for me anymore and read wonderful reviews about Tresemme' and I got it at Walmart today..It's silicone free too! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

do you like it?????? i went into Target to buy index cards and idk how but i ended up in the hair care isle and i saw a big bottle of Aussie Moist with the pump and it called my name...and i answered...and then i saw the Tresemme' Naturals and it called my name to and i then i remembered Lynnie said she got it and so i thought i'd ask how you liked it before i try it...

also i been fiendin for a Denman Brush and i could never find one at my usual Sallys so i went to another Sallys across the street from Target and they had the real deal Denman on sale for 6.99...i couldnt let that slide by so i bought it and then i turned around...well actually made a dart around the corner to the gel section just to browse and they had the jumbo jars of ecostlyer (all types) for 2.99...so i was forced to get that too. that is all.

oh and also i bought some aloe veral gel =/
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 3rd April 2010, 1:36 am

@Nubie: Yes, they have Curls. No But I discovered today that not all Target stores sell it. I went to a different Target today to um...you know, just look at what they had again, and the Target I went to didn't have it.

@Iri: So much for not having the desire to buy anything. Wink I actually bought the Tresemme Naturals today too. They had it for $3.99 at Target in a bottle with a pump. I used it already and so far, I like it. It has a lot of slip and the smell isn't overpowering. I also like that it doesn't contain any dyes. I love the HE conditioners, but the colors bother me. Anyway, I need to use it a few more times before I decide if it's worth repurchasing.

I also bought the Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner and Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle (which was marked down to $1.81 at Target). So even though I went on a mini haul, I spent less than $9. woot!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd April 2010, 8:44 am

traveljunkie08 wrote:

@Iri: So much for not having the desire to buy anything. Wink I actually bought the Tresemme Naturals today too. They had it for $3.99 at Target in a bottle with a pump. I used it already and so far, I like it. It has a lot of slip and the smell isn't overpowering. I also like that it doesn't contain any dyes. I love the HE conditioners, but the colors bother me. Anyway, I need to use it a few more times before I decide if it's worth repurchasing.

@ Iri - I agree with TJ. I've only tried Tresemme once and so far so good but I dont like giving reviews based on one used.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd April 2010, 8:47 am

Erica5417 wrote:Carol's Daughter does it again! Let me tell you ladies what happened. All week I've been putting a bonnet on my fro and going to bed, no twisting--kids, class and work are wearing me out. Each morning I get up and apply some CD Hair Milk, coconut oil or CD Tui Oil and go. Tonight, I realized I had to detangle or I was going to be in for some trouble later. I grab my Tui Smoothie, head for the shower and brace myself for 1) the shedding (since I haven't touched my hair in at least 7 days) and 2) the pain of detangling. Imagine my surprise when I get into the shower, wet my hair and find that I do NOT have to detangle at all! My goody (soft denman type) brush is gliding through my hair-- from root to tip and there was almost no shedding. I was trying to figure out what I had done differently this week when it hit me. Each morning over the last 7 days or so, I've also been spraying the CD Tui Leave Conditioner in on my hair. I am definitely going to order the Tui Shampoo because Phoenix is loving these CD Tui products (and they smell good).

*I'll do a youtube review after using the Tui Leave in for one more week

I tried the Tui Smoothie again on soaking wet hair. I still didnt get the results you got. I am have now accepted the fact that Roxie just laughs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] at CD products. After I use up the Tui Smoothie, I will not purchase another CD Hair product. I like the body butter though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd April 2010, 12:06 pm

ok i'll be checking back with you ladies in like a month lol...but i used the Ecostlyer and it left white stuff in my hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] im gonna exchange it for the clear and see if its any different, otherwise im gonna have to give it up all together
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd April 2010, 1:15 pm

iri9109 wrote:ok i'll be checking back with you ladies in like a month lol...but i used the Ecostlyer and it left white stuff in my hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] im gonna exchange it for the clear and see if its any different, otherwise im gonna have to give it up all together

Dont exchange it yet. What conditioner did you use with it? Some conditioners dont play well with gels. The same thing could happen with the clear gel. You have to find the right combo so it will work for you. Remember, trial and error. And also, dont give up on a product the first time you try it. If you do, will soon have a cabinet full of products.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next