CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 9:27 pm

OMG, your hair has gotten so long!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Empty I'm back...

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2010, 10:39 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:OMG, your hair has gotten so long!!!

Thanks Lynnie! I definitely can tell I have some growth. I'm a "slow grower" but nevertheless, it's still GROWING! Now, I need to focus on length retention. I will probably get senegalese twists again next semester too. But I definitely have to up my moisture game. I plan on getting a solid routine down for my twist extensions before the new year...

Randomly ran into Shaq during the semester with some of my classmates outside of a local soulfood restaurant... ( A lil' Coleman Love)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Crawfo19
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 11:12 pm

How cool is that?!!! He is so TALL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 17th December 2010, 11:34 pm

Wow Nice pic
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 18th December 2010, 12:25 am

Thats a beautiful picture!
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th December 2010, 1:03 am

woot! FOR GROWTH!!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2010, 1:10 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote: woot! FOR GROWTH!!!!!
Ditto!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th December 2010, 1:24 am

btw, how did you like the steamer? I have it on my Christmas list. Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 20th December 2010, 3:43 am

Your hair is beautiful. It must have felt good to do your regimen again after going so long without it. How did you do the banding? That is the first time I've seen it. Are those regular elastic rubberbands? I want to stretch my hair out for length,but don't want to use heat.

Congrats on your first semester at law school. Very Happy
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 20th December 2010, 12:31 pm

whoa chica you got some major growth with those twists! looking good!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 20th December 2010, 6:42 pm

Welcome back ... nice growth
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2010, 8:40 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:btw, how did you like the steamer? I have it on my Christmas list. Laughing

Hey IB! The steamer felt great...not sure if I've noticed any extreme benefits yet, but I've only done it once so.... Suspect I will definitely use it when I have senegalese twist extensions put back in for the spring semester. I emailed the Huetiful Company and they responded very quickly saying that it was safe to use with synthetic extensions. And since I need to up my moisture game I'm super happy for that!

anz30 wrote:Your hair is beautiful. It must have felt good to do your regimen again after going so long without it. How did you do the banding? That is the first time I've seen it. Are those regular elastic rubberbands? I want to stretch my hair out for length,but don't want to use heat.
Congrats on your first semester at law school. Very Happy

Thanks Anz! It felt great to get those senegalese twists out after four months. Banding, also called the "cold blow out" is used to achieve stretched hair without the heat and since I'm heat sensitive it works out great for me! I first wash and let my hair semi-dry in 4-8 large twists. Then with damp hair (still works when dry too)I section into smaller sections, then I place bands over the entire length of my hair to stretch. You can use rubber bands, goody ouchless bands, thin headbands, ponytail holders, basically anything that will not pull out your hair. I've included an old banding photo below with color bands so you can see it a bit better. Since I used all black this time it's kinda hard to tell. I usually wear the bands overnight, but depending on how fast your hair drys it can take as little as 2-4 hours. I love the banding method and as long as time is not an issue, I would use it over a blow dryer any day! Once, I remove the bands I usually wear in a "fro" which I did today, but just decided to twist it on dry stretched hair for a twist out tomorrow. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

OLD BANDING PICTURE (4 Months ago)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Crawfo20

CURRENT BANDING PICTURE
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d10

AFTER REMOVING BANDS (hair felt kinda dry, I'll add shea butter next time...)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d11

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d12

PINNED UP
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d13

AFRO!!!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d14

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d15

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d16

I twisted with Kinky Curly Curling Custard, so I see how that works out for my twist out tomorrow...later ladies!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 20th December 2010, 8:53 pm

WHOA!!!! That is amazing. Thank you for posting the pics, it really helps.
GIRL THAT FRO!!!!! A-MA-ZING!!!!
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th December 2010, 10:45 pm

I agree your fro is lovely! Have you used Kinky Curly for your twists before and if you have does it leave a soft or cruchy feeling?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 10:49 pm

Hey CurlFriend! I'm now following your CSJ!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2010, 10:56 pm

anz30 wrote:WHOA!!!! That is amazing. Thank you for posting the pics, it really helps.
GIRL THAT FRO!!!!! A-MA-ZING!!!!

krazy coils wrote:I agree your fro is lovely! Have you used Kinky Curly for your twists before and if you have does it leave a soft or cruchy feeling?

Thanks ladies! This is my first time revisiting Kinky Curly since my BC over 2 years ago (pushing 3 years actually.) Back then, KCCC was not what I was looking for. But then again I expected it to turn my 4b napps into 3a coils during my wash-n-go days, lol. I twisted a few hours ago and though not completely dry yet it feels kinda sticky? Not crunchy at all, definitely soft- but sticky at the same time. Maybe I used too much product? We'll see in the morning. Hope that makes sense...as a matter of fact, I think I'll go sit under my hooded dryer chair for about 30 minutes so that it's not still damp in the morning....

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 21st December 2010, 12:33 am

wow your hair and make up is gorgeous!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 21st December 2010, 3:13 am

Love Love Love your hair Reese and love the girls...the second one should be Felicity...lol...Blessings flower
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st December 2010, 3:41 am

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR HAIR IN THE FRO STYLE cheers
JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! queen
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 21st December 2010, 10:58 am

Your hair is awesome!!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st December 2010, 11:11 am

Hey Reese!!

So loving your growth!!! That fro is huge!!! drunken You can really see your length with the banding method!! I love using my friend's steamer, and I couldn't tell the difference at first, but I deep conditioned once without it and my detangling session was horrible!! Evil or Very Mad

Love that picture with Shaq!!! Looking good..... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 21st December 2010, 2:32 pm

rayray19 wrote:wow your hair and make up is gorgeous!!

jeanlouisangel wrote:Love Love Love your hair Reese and love the girls...the second one should be Felicity...lol...Blessings flower

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR HAIR IN THE FRO STYLE cheers
JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! queen

LaToya28 wrote:Your hair is awesome!!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Reese!!

So loving your growth!!! That fro is huge!!! drunken You can really see your length with the banding method!! I love using my friend's steamer, and I couldn't tell the difference at first, but I deep conditioned once without it and my detangling session was horrible!! Evil or Very Mad

Love that picture with Shaq!!! Looking good..... Very Happy

Thanks Ladies! Trying to enjoy my "hair out" for these few weeks before it's time to to hide it again with senegalese twists...basically for convenience.

OK, so I'm not so sure about the KCCC...it felt pretty sticky/gummy yesterday and today most off that gummy feeling has gone away. However, I noticed product flakes on some of my twists...could this be that I just used too much product? I'm not sure. Before banding, I put in Knot Today only. After removing the bands, I didn't really like the way my hair felt, it was pretty dry and brittle feeling for my fro. Anyhow, I applied a bit more Knot Today and put a liberal amount of KCCC on top of that and followed with a little Miss Jessies Baby Buttercream on my ends. Once done twisting, I added Bee Mine Serum to my parts, tied it down and went to bed. This morning some of my juicy twists ssem a bit flat, but whatever. I'm gonna do twist out now, and update you guys with my results later. It's funny because even though I've been natural for a while, this is my first twist out that I'm actually prepared to wear "as is!" Well, let me not speak too soon...gotta take them out first and see!

In the mean time... LENGTH CHECK!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d17
FRONT MIDDLE
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d18
FRONT SIDE (Longer than front middle due to heat damage)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d19
RIGHT SIDE
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d20
LEFT SIDE
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d21
BACK RIGHT
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d22
BACK LEFT
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Hair_d23

Guess my short term length goal is to be near APL by my 3rd Year Nappiversary (March 29th, 2011) and to pass APL by the end of summer around August... I'll probably trim sometime between there so we'll see if I can meet my goals or not...

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 21st December 2010, 4:38 pm

Ok I need HELP! I'm leaving the country tomorrow and I have flakes everywhere! I mean EVERYWHERE!!! Ughhhh! I'm so frustrated! The twistout came out so cute but I can't go looking like I dipped my head in flour!!! The KCCC is a no go for dry hair twistouts! So the plan is to wash my hair and retwist but I need HELP!

What product can I use and guarantee no FLAKES?

I'm gonna twist wet this time mainly because of time and I think I may use Bee Mine Curly Butter. Any thoughts? I'm definitely in a time crunch'
--Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 20 Empty HELP!

Post by Freestyles 21st December 2010, 4:55 pm

Wondering what product to try now? I need a winner..... Laughing These flakes are making me miserable! No
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st December 2010, 5:07 pm

Bee Mine curly butter doesnt give white flakes. You know KCCC doesnt mix with any other products but KCKT.

Good luck!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next