CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

+51
BajanPrincess82
LaToya28
jeanlouisangel
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
krazy coils
anz30
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Sebastain13
KinkyNappyHappy
TerraD
Tamikac23
MahoganyCurls
Notthecoolmom
vmichelle
Stacye
FemmeFox
.:Eden:.
curly+kinky+fierce
MsJay1121
Corygentri
BlondeByDesire
Leila
SheeTacular
blondie
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
CocaColaCutie
NylaCoils
nmoultry
AfrikanLatina
Pi*Jay
HumanNature
adiaha
dajewel
Blackbeauty
d.denise
LilMsPuddles
sweetdrk1
BindyMac08
DanceOnTheSkylines
Preezie
Kea::curls
Courtie
Intelligentbeauty
tiashaunteƩ
lovesunshine17
lena73
ChrsLvsBks
Lynnieluve
Freestyles
55 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by sweetdrk1 1st March 2010, 10:37 pm

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 23_30_8 we missed you!! can't wait to see pics!!

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Sig
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Empty Re: Freestyles: Self-Imposed Challenges!

Post by Lynnieluve 1st March 2010, 11:32 pm

First let me say WELCOME BACK!!! I MISSED YOU!!! Next, Congratulations on being accepted to 6 law schools!!!!

I cant wait to see the hair pics!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 12:03 am

((HUGE HUGS)) We have missed you so much. Congrsts on your acceptance into law school.

SAY CLICK, POST A PIC Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Icon_bounce
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 2nd March 2010, 2:52 am

congrats on law school! (have you seen that craigslist post where someone was selling their law degree??? lol hilarious)

and welcome back! maybe you should try mini twists or braids (a la naturallyobsessed.onsugar.com) because they last for at least 2-3 weeks. Since you'll be doing a TON of reading maybe that's something you can do on a Sunday night with a book propped up in front of you...It would take a while but at least you'll be doing two productive things =)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 2nd March 2010, 7:11 am

Thanks ladies...I feel back at home already! You guys are GREAT!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 2nd March 2010, 7:31 am

d.Denise that's a good idea! I was so happy to see her post I forgot to say "work it out" with the acceptance letters, they bout to b fightin for you!! Congrats sis!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 2nd March 2010, 10:37 am

Wow, welcome back.

BIG Congratulations on the law schools, that's awesome.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd March 2010, 2:17 pm

Welcome back! I've missed you and your sense of humor.

Congratulations on the acceptances. Now praying that some of them offer a full scholarship. I feel proud--like you are my sis or other relative!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 2nd March 2010, 4:38 pm

REESE! REESE! REESE! REESE! REESE! Shouts the crowds as we all applaud you.

Congrats!! You go girl! Missed you and I'm glad to see you back.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 3rd March 2010, 8:01 pm

Thanks again ladies! I ran into a slight problem with uploading pics yesterday. Seems that I have some type of virus on my computer! Yuck! So posting pics will have to wait a while longer. Well, I purchased a new computer yesterday since I'll need it anyway for law school (I love saying that...school:). So I'll resume with posting pics next week, but I'll try again to post tonight or tomorrow. My computer runs like molasses though, that's why I'm opting to post from my blackberry in the mean time.

Currently my hair is in about 5-6 cornrows under one of my girls after being flatironed on Saturday...boring! I know...

Gosh...I really miss u ladies!

You ladies are the best!

Still missing all of u! I'm dying to catch up on all of your threads!

Gosh, I miss you ladies so much? Did I say that already?

Okay, enough rambling...

-Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2010, 2:11 pm

Flatironed.... Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Kopfschuettel Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Kopfschuettel You stayed away too long. I know you took all of the necessary precautions, right?

Now that I am through fussing, I cant wait to see your pics!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 6th March 2010, 10:12 am

Lynnie...I know, I know! Flat ironed! I'm a bad girl!

Trust me, I took precautions (heat protectant) and I didn't use a blow dryer at all.

Knowing from experience that I'm heat sensitive, it may not have been a good move, but we'll see!

My hair is still relatively straight a week later! I use the term straight loosely, because it never really got very straight!

So wetting it to make sure my napps come back is a must!

---Reese
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 16th March 2010, 8:13 pm

Reese for me, school and hair just dont mix. Small twist that I leave in for two weeks followed by a week of a twistout is my best bet. I usually cowash the twist once before the twistout.

Glad you're back and all is well. I was getting worried. Ive been MIA as well due to school.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 12:45 am

missin you....
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th April 2010, 12:40 am

Where are you? How are those applications coming along? Have you purchased any new "girls" lately?

Check in and let us know how you are doing!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Empty Guess who's back?

Post by Freestyles 14th December 2010, 10:18 pm

Guess who's back!!!!!

I officially completed my first semester of law school today!!!

Wow, the semester was definitely a beast! But I made it...now let's wait for the grades *fingers crossed*! As for my hair? Well, I opted on senegalese twist extensions to start my semester. And guess what? I finished my semester in the same twists! Bad right? How's that for a "protective style?" LOL!
lol!

I would love to say that I gave my hair the tender loving care it needed while in the twists but...not so much. I was so busy getting adjusted to being in a new city, back in school after all these years, and ALL THIS READING, I didn't pay as much attention to my hair as I should.

Hopefully, that's a thing of the past. I'm taking out my twists tonight and plan to sleep with olive oil and conditioner overnight, detangle really well in the morning, shampoo, and then henna and indigo overnight tomorrow...that's the plan at least.

Oh and I forgot....I'm going to use my new Huetiful Steamer for the first time while I deep condition following my henna treatment!!! It just came in the mail yesterday!!! run

BTW, Following pics are from 4 months ago....
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo12

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo13

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo14
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th December 2010, 10:50 pm

Omg! Your hair looks fab! It has grown so much! I can't wait for you to show us after the braids come out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th December 2010, 11:00 pm

Welcome Back Reese!!!!!! Congratulations on finishing your first semester of law school!!! You said you are in a new city? Are you still in Florida?

Your hair has grown a lot!!!! I cant wait to see what it looks like now!!!

Again Welcome BACK!!! Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 617583
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th December 2010, 11:04 pm

Hey!! I'm so happy to see you back!! I'm glad you made it throught the first semester of law school.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 15th December 2010, 10:12 am

Hello Ladies!!!!!!!

Wow...it feels great to not be in school today and even better to know I don't need to look at a LAW BOOK for at least another week!!!! (Even though I know I should...I need a break!)
affraid
Anywho, MISSION: MAJOR DETANGLING is underway. I slept with a combination of random conditioners (trying to use up products from my PJ days....who am I kidding? I'm still a PJ) as well as a combination of olive, coconut, sweet almond, and apricot kernal oils.....

I mixed them up in a bowl, applied, added a plastic cap, and donned my Mastex Heating Cap on top for about an hour. Then I took off the heating cap and went to bed. BTW, I applied the conditioner/oil mix right over the "dirt balls" that were left after removing my senegalese twists...

I expect to lose quite a bit of shed hair because my hair has not seen a comb or brush in 4 MONTHS!
Evil or Very Mad
The senegalese twist extensions were definitely a blessing though a bit pricey! I had them done at the beginning of August and had them retouched (outside rows redone) every 5-6 weeks. The "retouches" were life savers because they rejuvenated my look....

I'm nursing a migraine, but the plan is to pick up some OJ for my henna mix, detangle, conditioner, shampoo, then henna tonight.

I still have on my plastic cap and may put on one of my "girls" to go out and about to run some quick errands....or maybe I'll just wear a hat instead.
scratch

-Looks okay from the outside but......
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo15

-Check the inside!!!!Embarassed
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo16

-My hair definitely grows slower than the 1/2 inch a month, it grows somewhere between 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch per month. I have a bit less than two inches of growth for the 4 month period...
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo17

Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Crawfo18
Later Ladies!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th December 2010, 6:31 pm

REEEESSSEEEEE!!!! WELCOME BACK CURLY cheers
Congrats on law school!!!

Your hair looks awesome. The growth is amazing from when you left us. 4 months protective styling .....hum. I can't wait to see that hair when you take it out. It will definitely need some TLC, though. Huetiful steamer is on my Christmas list, so I am jealous...lol.

btw, how are the girls?

So glad you came back woot!

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 15th December 2010, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 15th December 2010, 6:56 pm

Glad you're back Reese! I love those twists on you. Your hair really has grown a lot! I look forward to seeing what you do with it next!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th December 2010, 10:38 pm

Glad to hear you completed your first semester of law school--congrats!

You have goo gobs of hair. I <3 it.

Miss you and your "girls."

Look forward to hearing how you enjoyed your steamer and seeing your hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 15th December 2010, 11:13 pm

Thanks ladies!

Feels good to be back! So...I let the conditioner and oil mix I applyed to my dirty hair for a sit good portion of the day. Then I started detangling, wow! I detangled for a FEW HOURS (Like 3+)! Geesh! Started with my fingers section by section, then used a wide tooth comb, followed by my Denman brush and lastly a fine tooth comb for those pesky ends of mine! Lot's of hair came out. But I guess if I compiled hair from four months of styling/detangling sessions it would be about the same amount (if not more) so I'm satisfied.

Now I'm detangled, shampooed, and heading to the kitchen to apply my henna mixture! FUN, FUN, FUN. No Think I'll indigo in the morning and twist my hair for a twist out.

Also I read on a hair blog, or forum (maybe this one) that a microfiber towel is great to dry hair, like the one's from the auto part's stores(used to dry off cars). So I purchased one this morning (14 bucks for the extra large, 9 bucks for the regular) and WOW! Love it! My hair is in braids and I wrapped the towel around (kinda small and feels sort of rubbery) then put my turbie/turban towel over it to secure it and it's almost completely dry in less than 10 minutes! Holy smokes! Winner! woot!

Later ladies!

Off to henna....

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2010, 9:19 pm

Okay...

So far I've:

-Conditioner/Oiled to detangle
-Detangled
-Shampooed
-Henna'ed
-Indigo'ed
-Full body Bentonite Clay Treatment
-Deep Conditioned (Aveda Sap Moss)
-Steamed (Huetiful Steamer)
& Banded (w/ Knot Today Leave-In)

I plan to "dry twist" my stretched hair tomorrow using Kinky Kurly Curling Custard....

Some pics for your viewing pleasure... lol!

Dirty hair after taking out the senegalese twists
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_10

The Absorber (new micro-fiber towel from auto supply store)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_11

Conditioned hair (dirty)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_12

4 months worth of detangling (WARNING! Kinda gross)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_13

Naked wet hair (after henna and indigo)
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_14

One of my "girls" (wigs) with conditioner underneath showercap
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_15

My first time using my Huetiful Steamer!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_16

Length check!
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_17

Banded hair...
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_18
Freestyles:  Self-Imposed Challenges! - Page 19 Hairs_19

Later ladies...
---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next