CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

+53
funkyhairchic
Kea::curls
Hurricane Curly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
freckledmom4
kekesmom29
iri9109
coilykinks
mizcreativelyme
kim
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
KeetaRay
Nikcoils
j. kinky
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Umph
KeAnia
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
ladybug
MomnWife
Miss CurlyT
Fleur
krazy coils
FalconTress
TheRYL1
summerbreeze76
Lynnieluve
Keisha
Freestyles
tamtam7
NubieNatty
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
MissyCee
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
kalisha cherise
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
SisterBoyd
thetiffany
DvaAuNaturel
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
misskris
57 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by Umph 8th January 2011, 7:32 pm

Awesome job!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 9th January 2011, 3:14 am

Wow that knot out is beautiful!Your hair looks so healthy and thick in the pics.You couldve even wore the knots for a Jada Pinkett in the Matrix look. love your hair it's so long and lovely! My knot outs are always a fail! lol
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by j. kinky 9th January 2011, 4:31 am

va va voom.....lovely lovely hair. So soft and shiny and lonnng lo long long...lol.....

beautiful!!!
j. kinky
j. kinky

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th January 2011, 9:50 am

Hey Chrs...

You did a great job with your BTK...do you remember when Jada wore her hair like that in the Matrix? You can do that as well don't you think? That would be a cute casual style on you!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 10th January 2011, 4:24 pm

Your knot out looks great!!!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th January 2011, 5:27 pm

Thanks for all the love ladies!

I have two things to share. First, I am inspired by NikCoils to donate my hair to Locks of Love once 75% of it reaches WL. I heard about Locks of Love on NC.com some time ago and then again when Fleurtzy (sp?) cut her hair a few months ago. I contemplated donating my hair but made no firm decision. Well, enough is enough. I am going to do it. Like they say, the first step is setting a goal. Now, I am going to document my hair's progress and getter done (*Thanks Mr. Brown*). I am hoping it will reach my goal by the end of 2013.

Second, I am at the halfway point in my weight loss journey. I officially started on sparkpeople.com on January 26, 2010. To date, I have lost 39 pounds of the 78 pounds I want to lose. I will reach my goal and so happy to report I am halfway there. I am giving myself another year to lose the weight. Come February 18, 2012, I will be in a two piece revealing bikini, watch out now Shocked .

I will continue to share my progress here but am planning to start a blog in the very near future.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 10th January 2011, 6:54 pm

@ChrsLvsBks CONGRATS on your progress so far with your weight loss! What an accomplishment! That's exciting.

I have a friend who donates to Locks of Love every time her hair reaches close to waist length (that girls hair grows fast as I don't know what).
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 10th January 2011, 6:55 pm

Such a great charity and you are an inspiration.......
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 10th January 2011, 7:45 pm

Congratulations on your weight loss Chrs!

You and Lynnie are so inspiring. I have recommitted to my weight loss goals and have lost almost 10 lbs in the past month. Slow and steady is what I keep reminding myself. Can't wait to see your big reveal!

Also congrats on your decision to donate to Locks of Love. The work they do is amazing!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th January 2011, 12:27 am

Congrats on the weight loss, Chrs! You'll be rocking that bikini in no time. Smile Love that you're going to donate your hair...great cause!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 11th January 2011, 1:31 am

Congratulations on your weight loss and your decision to donate to locks of love!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KeetaRay 11th January 2011, 1:34 am

Love your twists, Krazy Coils!
KeetaRay
KeetaRay

http://keetaray.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th January 2011, 1:51 am

Your hair looks great! That's awesome that you're going to donate. I have a feeling they don't have too many black people willing to do so. Not that we don't like to help. But you know how we can be about our hair. So that's great. I'm sure it's really needed and appreciated.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2011, 2:27 am

Saturday - Cleansed hair with Blended Beauty Soy Shampoo then air dried, applied henna

Sunday - Rinsed out henna with Oyin's HHC (diluted with water), detangled with Navarantha oil (ayurvedic oil) & YTCucumbers, rinsed in warm water then DC'ed with DB on left side & Bee Mine Bee-U-Ti-FUL DC on right side
Before DC was rinsed out
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0078
After DC was rinsed out
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0079
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0080
Did ACV rinse (left it in), applied aloe vera gel then moisturizer (cannot recall which one)

Monday - Applied KBB hair cream to ends and perimeter of hair, hair was pulled back into a ponytail, braided one braid

Tuesday - Banded ponytail, took out braid

Wednesday - Here is the first of many PS I will wear until my hair reaches WL when straightened. It is inspired by forevercurlycatrina's style in her May/June 2010 folder on fotki. Her styles are so dope. I do not come close but I am trying.

Moistened hair with water then ACV mix followed by aloe grow, liquid amino acids, QB AOHC & Amla pomade

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0081
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0082
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0083
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 4 Img_0084
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th January 2011, 9:00 am

Congrats on everything Chrs - also admire your desire to donate ur hair to a great cause. I love the PS
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th January 2011, 9:59 am

As always looking good my friend!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th January 2011, 11:37 am

Thanks BBD & sweet!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th January 2011, 2:21 pm

Your PS looks great. I love the bunned up braids on the back. Very nice. How long will you leave them in and will you be changing up the PS weekly?

Congrats on deciding to make the donation to LOL, very admirable...such a worth cause.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th January 2011, 2:54 pm

Great PS, I love the bun in the back.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th January 2011, 3:02 pm

Beautiful style Chrs.
I'm echoing Dva, I wanna know how long you're going to keep the style in.
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 13th January 2011, 8:07 am

very stylish bun and so proud of you on your weight loss journey. I especially like that you have made lifestyle changes and is pacing yourself in the process.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 13th January 2011, 10:29 am

Oh...that style is awesome and as usual your hair looks amazing. I am going to go check out this person's fotki. I can feel myself fallin off the PS wagon right now so maybe they can inspire me! Smile
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th January 2011, 1:44 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Your PS looks great. I love the bunned up braids on the back. Very nice. How long will you leave them in and will you be changing up the PS weekly?

Congrats on deciding to make the donation to LOL, very admirable...such a worth cause.
Yes, I will change up PS every week or so. It will depend on the style.

CrissyQ wrote:Great PS, I love the bun in the back.
Thanks!

FemmeFox wrote:Beautiful style Chrs.
I'm echoing Dva, I wanna know how long you're going to keep the style in.
I appreciate the nice comment. Yes, I plan to keep this is until this weekend. I may redo it later (early part of next week).

kim wrote:very stylish bun and so proud of you on your weight loss journey. I especially like that you have made lifestyle changes and is pacing yourself in the process.
Yes, pacing is important in my journey. It will help me establish and maintain the loss after I reach my goal. Thanks!

jaybella wrote:Oh...that style is awesome and as usual your hair looks amazing. I am going to go check out this person's fotki. I can feel myself fallin off the PS wagon right now so maybe they can inspire me! Smile
Forevercurlycatrina has some great styles. She and others on fotki are a great inspiration.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 13th January 2011, 2:09 pm

love the PS and congrats on WL...you looking good chica!
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th January 2011, 3:35 pm

I love the cornrowed bun do! my hair is already starting to revert a lil bit due to me working out this week. I think before this straightness vanishes i am gonna try to do paper bag rollers on my hair and see how that comes out.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next