CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

+53
funkyhairchic
Kea::curls
Hurricane Curly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
freckledmom4
kekesmom29
iri9109
coilykinks
mizcreativelyme
kim
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
KeetaRay
Nikcoils
j. kinky
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Umph
KeAnia
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
ladybug
MomnWife
Miss CurlyT
Fleur
krazy coils
FalconTress
TheRYL1
summerbreeze76
Lynnieluve
Keisha
Freestyles
tamtam7
NubieNatty
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
MissyCee
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
kalisha cherise
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
SisterBoyd
thetiffany
DvaAuNaturel
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
misskris
57 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by Intelligentbeauty 13th February 2011, 6:59 am

Love all the pics.
I especailly love the side buns pics and the pics of you and Nubie. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by ladybug 13th February 2011, 12:27 pm

ChrsLvsBk,
It's great that you are back. I learn so much by following your posts. I love the side bun.

ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 13th February 2011, 8:33 pm

Love the pictures, you guys look great.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 14th February 2011, 1:49 pm

Awww! Look at you and Nubie! Glad you had a fantastic meet up!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th February 2011, 1:26 am

Chrs, our Jersey meet up needs some ideas. I see you have been to a good share of meet ups can you inbox me some ideas. Very Happy

TIA
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th February 2011, 2:09 am

i really cant stop lookin at our pics! how hot is that!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st February 2011, 6:43 am

Love that top side bun. You and your hair are gorgeous as usual. Very Happy
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd February 2011, 6:19 pm

Hi ladies, thanks for visiting and commenting!

I am hardheaded. Yes, I admit it. I decided to use the brahmi and amla again. I thought, okay, yes, I got residue in my hair after using it before. This time I sifted it many times through a sieve hoping all would be well. Okay, this is where the hardheadness comes to play. I see the consistency when mixing it is like it was previously (clumpy and thick). I still think it is okay it will work this time. Well, I was WRONG, completely utterly W-R-O-N-G. I dipped my head in a sink full of water twice. I let conditioner sit in my hair for a few minutes then took my rat tail comb to rid my hair of all the sediment behind. I still had specks galore. I kept it moving.

Before the ayurvedic treatment, I prepooed with maka oil. I think I am in love. It made my hair so soft. After about 30 minutes, I rinsed it out in warm water. Plopped for another 15 minutes then applied shikakai & neem paste to my scalp and the brahmi/amla mix to my hair. Applying the b/a was nasty. It would not smooth in my hair but that did not stop me.

For moisture and styling I applied EVCO and castor oil then Donna Marie's Curly Custard followed by MHC cream (I will get the name tonight).

Today's hairstyle
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 2011-025ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 2011-027
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2011, 6:36 pm

Cute side bun!! It makes you look youthful!!

A hard head makes a hair full of particles!! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 22nd February 2011, 10:23 pm

Yea. I haven't revisited alot of ayurvedics because of the particles issue. I just can't deal. I still had specks after shampooing and/or cowashing like 6 times and 2 weeks later. Smh
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2011, 11:27 am

Love the side bun!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 23rd February 2011, 4:06 pm

Nice side bun!!! and I like the specs!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 25th February 2011, 12:46 am

Okay Chrs, you have me scared to get the brahmi now. I've used amla with no problems and wanted to try brahmi, but now IDK. Shocked But you're not hardheaded, just thorough:) Yes, maka oil is wonderful!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 25th February 2011, 12:58 am

Hey Chrs!

I'm laughing right now because I'm the same way! I JUST KNOW it will be different this time because I WANT IT TO BE! LOL

Thanks for the tip on the website for the JBCO...now, I gotta try all the powders...even though you just told me how hard it is to wash out. SEE? Very Happy

Lookin' good as always!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 25th February 2011, 2:49 am

where do u get the maka oil? matter of fact...u need to take me to the nearest indian grocery in our neighborhood
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 25th February 2011, 11:13 pm

hahahaha Hardheaded...girl you are definitely not the only one. That side bun is so extra cute!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th February 2011, 2:17 pm

lol! @ your experience. You just knew it would be different. Don't you just hate that when you just want something to work and it doesn't again and didn't the first time either but you want it too badly. Sorry it didn't work for you.

Your side bun pic is cute. You look soooo young in it.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th February 2011, 9:36 pm

Ladies, it is the place where I got the powders. They are fromnaturewithlove.com (fnwl). I have purchased from ayurnaturalbeauty.com (anb) with no issues. I know one of the brands sold on anb is Hesh. They are pretty good. I may have some specks but nearly not as much as I do with the ones from fnwl. I will make tea rinses and oil rinses with them. I've been saying that for months. I have the teabags and everything.

@LL, LOL, it sure does!

@freckledmom4, I will definitely purchase more of that oil. It is absolutely awesome. All powders are not created equal. Get them from the local Indian grocer, butters-n-bars.com or anb.

@Ryl, don't be scared. Just don't purchase them from fnwl. Go to butters-n-bars.com or ayurnaturalbeauty.com.

@NN, butterqueen been hooking us up in the Ayurvedic Challenge thread. I missed out on the most recent offering. She is such a sweetheart. The Indian grocers I go to are in Laurel. One is at the intersection of 198 and Route 1, near Aunt Susan's Caribbean restaurant. The other one in on Route 1, on the left a couple of streets past Main Street.

In hair news, I am doing something new. Conditioner for moisture on day one, sealed with coconut oil and/or KBB's hair cream. On day two and three, spritz hair with aloe gro, add moisturizer & seal with coconut oil and/or KBB's hair cream. I will co-wash every two to four days. For pre-poo I will use maka oil. Y'all this stuff is the bomb. I will also DC overnight once or twice a week. I am still experiencing a lot of breakage. I'm going to hold off with protein and add more moisture to see what happens. I may still do protein occassionally for my crown.

I have won a couple of blog contests. The first one was by our very own KNH, the Curl Whisperer. I won a handmade hat/beret/tam, earrings and scarf. They were handcrafted by our very own Notthecoolmom.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 2011-015
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 6 2011-017

I also won an autographed copy of Lorraine Massey's book, Curl Girl, The Handbook, Expanded Second Edition, from Suburbanbushbabe's blog. I plan to get my hair shaped by a Devachan stylist once I cut my hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2011, 2:54 pm

Good afternoon ladies,

I cut my hair. I was trying my best to stop the breakage. Unfortunately, nothing was helping. I had searched and destroyed split ends over the New Year holiday. I used henna three weeks in a row in January. I started to use protein treatments followed by moisturizing deep treatments. The breakage continued.

I cut approximately 1 to 4 inches. To cut it, I placed my hair in twists measuring one inch squares. I cut at the curve of the "C" in the curl. My hair is very uneven right now. That does not bother me. I will ensure I protect my ends by wearing buns and twists for the next few months. My hair now measures between 7 - 16 inches. The longest areas are at my crown while the shortest are at my nape and above my ears. In June, I will remeasure. I am hoping to retain between 1 to 2 inches in that timeframe.

My biggest issue is that my crown grows super fast and the nape and ear areas seem to grow slow as molasses. In addition, the crown does not shrink up much (about 30%) but the nape/ear do (more than 50%).

I am really liking MyHoneyChild's light honey cream to seal my ends. It is not too heavy although one of the first ingredients is shea butter.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th March 2011, 4:15 pm

I'm sorry about the breakage. It was above your ears, right? I have some breakage in the back/center/nape area. It has always be really fragile, even when I was relaxed. I haven't been able to figure out what causes it (has to my bonnet scratch) . I just think it is really delicate. My strands back there are "baby" fine and is thin (density) too.

The front/top/center of my hair grows slow too but it has helped with the shape of my hair so I wont complain.

I can't wait to see pics. Wait! Did you take any pics?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 7th March 2011, 4:26 pm

Hi Chrs!

Love the side bun that you did! It did make you look very youthful. Sorry that you had to cut your hair to stop the breakage, however I know that you will nurse your hair back to health in no time.

Love!
ps<-- the pics of you and Nubie are so cute!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 8th March 2011, 11:12 am

Chrs your hair always looks awesome!! i love the hair hon Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th March 2011, 12:01 pm

hopefully starting fresh will get you back on track... there's no doubt in my mind that you'll be able to retain your goal inches! my crown is also much looser than the rest of my hair...makes for a crazy looking wash n go (unless i do a side part + lay down my edges + pin it to the side...)

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 8th March 2011, 1:33 pm

Sorry about the breakage ... so no idea what was causing it?

It will grow back in no time, sometimes a good cut/trim is all you need.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 8th March 2011, 3:08 pm

Sorry to here about the breakage. I noticed I get more breakage toward the front of my hair when I do flat twist. Maybe the tension or pulling I do to them. So I generally do two strand twist and lightly pull them back my pinning them. Even when wearing a bun.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next