CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 9:42 pm

Hi all, I am glad to finally have found ways to properly care for my curly hair. I have been natural for nearly nine years. I started because I was putting perms in my hair about every six months. I then decided I could forego the relaxer permanently, ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Icon_lol . I would wear twists, braids, buns and twist and braid outs. I had no idea how to properly care for my hair. I would wash my hair every two weeks followed by conditioner, and I used Isoplus on my hair and scalp.

About three or so years ago, I discovered the flat iron. I would then flat iron my hair after blow drying it. My hair was still mainly worn in protective styles because flat iron styles needed touching up, and I did not like doing my hair.

In June, I found a website mentioning washing hair with conditioner. I did that for a while while searching the Internet for more sites geared for naturally curly gals. I finally found a few sites and spent a lot of time reading and researching products.

I now love doing my hair. I love trying new products and love experimenting with hairstyles.

The best thing about being natural is the versatility. I get compliments on my hair often ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Icon_cool --it's a great feeling.

Flat ironed hair in February 2009 (37th Birthday Hair)

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 04010

Co-wash with coconut oil July 2009

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Img_1111

Haircut (did it myself) in September 2009 (Afroveda curly pudding and whipped gelly)

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Pur_wh10

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 28th April 2010, 11:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 9:50 pm

Beautiful Hair! You look so much younger than 37.....such a youthful face.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 9:56 pm

Ayasha, thanks for the compliments. I love being asked for my identification when at bars and restaurants especially since my younger husband is rarely asked ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Icon_surprised.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 10:02 pm

Love the hair Diva!!

What is the consistency of the whipped gelly?

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty AfroVeda PUR Whipped Gelly

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 10:18 pm

The consistency is gel-like. The ingredients are aloe vera whole leaf gel, coconut oil, almond oil, herbal oil complex and vanilla essential oil. The scent is light and reminds me of pound cake batter.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Img_2413

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Img_2412
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 10:22 pm

LOL, you had to say pound cake huh. I love to bake and I will bake a cake just to have that smell in my house...

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 13th November 2009, 11:11 pm

Your hair looks great!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 9:40 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:The consistency is gel-like. The ingredients are aloe vera whole leaf gel, coconut oil, almond oil, herbal oil complex and vanilla essential oil. The scent is light and reminds me of pound cake batter.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Img_2413

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Img_2412

mmmmmm another products! lol...ur hair looks gorgeous!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 14th November 2009, 10:13 pm

Your hair is GORGEOUS ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Icon_eek !!!

I have a bunch of questions, Ive been an afroveda lurker for some time now & just reccently bought the sample set but that doesnt include the gelly some im thinking of purchasing it.

How did you like Afroveda Pur Gelly? Does it have a nice hold? Do you use it for twists or wash & go's? Do you use the curly pudding as a leave-in? How do you layer it?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty Thanks & Afroveda

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th November 2009, 12:51 pm

Thanks everyone for the hair compliments.

I like the Afroveda Pur Gelly. It's hold is light. I could use it without another gel if I was to wear my hair all back or in a half up/half down do otherwise I need a more firm hold gel ontop. I would use it for wash and go's this summer. As for the curly custard, I would layer it over a LI followed by the curly gelly and Eco styler clear gel. I loved the results.

Second day hair with Afroveda, I managed to get three day hair with it
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Second10
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 16th November 2009, 1:05 pm

mmm this gelly sounds amazing! The PJ in me says I must buy!
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty This Weekend

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th November 2009, 10:12 pm

Saturday I did a lot with my hair.

-I did a hot oil treatment with a mixture of oils (EVOO, wheat germ, tea tree, jojoba and neem, from what I recall-made mixture a while back). I applied hot Vatika to hair from root to tip. I left it on for
an hour.

-Rinsed with hot water then shamppoed with Dr. Bonner's shikakai soap (diluted with water less than 50/50 mix w/more soap than water). I apply to scalp and massage it in then squeezed soap into length of hair before rinsing. I tried washing hair in four sections. I didn't like it.

-Plopped for more than a couple of hours since we didn't have water for a while.

-Prepared an Ayurvedic treatment with maka (25 g), amla (50 g), brahmi (50 g) and kapoor kalchi (10 g). It was mixed with hot water. The plan was to apply it immediately but no H2O changed the plan.

-Applied the "mud" to my hair in about one inch sections. My hair was still damp.

-Placed a plastic bag over my head to keep mixture moist. I left it on for an hour.

-Rinsed my hair thoroughly for a few minutes.

-Co-washed with Suave Apple a couple of times.

-Applied Giovanni 50-50 Balancing conditioner and Philosophy Shear Splendor conditioner (found in a Marshalls). Left it on for an hour.

-Rinsed with cold water, squeezing hair as I rinsed. Hair felt soft.

-Applied SheaMoisture LI to sectioned hair and twisted. Sealed with KBB's hair cream.

Today I applied MyGel by Joie to my hair, specifically the front and ends. My hair is in a half up half down--secured by a black HairZing. Around 10 this morning, I wet my hands then put some KBB's hair butter in them. I applied it to my hair focusing on the length. I sealed with Africa's
Best Ultimate hair oil.

Below is a picture. Big hair--I love it today
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Novemb10

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 16th November 2009, 11:26 pm

Wow that was a lot but your hair looks great! What is this Ayurvedic treatment about? Where do you find these products and what do they do for your hair?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 16th November 2009, 11:39 pm

I was just about to say you are very creative with all the mixtures. The jelly mixture sounds great. I have yet to be able to do a cute wash n go. Either I'm not using the right products or my texture is just not meant for wash n gos. I love your hair!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 16th November 2009, 11:39 pm

Hotness!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 17th November 2009, 2:24 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Thanks everyone for the hair compliments.

I like the Afroveda Pur Gelly. It's hold is light. I could use it without another gel if I was to wear my hair all back or in a half up/half down do otherwise I need a more firm hold gel ontop. I would use it for wash and go's this summer. As for the curly custard, I would layer it over a LI followed by the curly gelly and Eco styler clear gel. I loved the results.

Second day hair with Afroveda, I managed to get three day hair with it
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Second10

I Will have to try the layering process.I have a sample set of afroveda butters but was completely clueless on when & how to use them. Thanks!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty Hair Today November 18

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 10:43 am

I am wearing my hair pulled back today. I applied some Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme to the entire length of my hair and then pulled it up into a pineapple last night. This morning I applied jojoba oil to my entire length after getting out of shower. I was hoping some water from the shower would moisturize it.

I have been lazy overall the last couple of weeks. It takes me a while to get with the time change ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Icon_cry .

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Hair_110
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 Empty Ayurvedic Treatment

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 11:27 am

jamaicacurl wrote:Wow that was a lot but your hair looks great! What is this Ayurvedic treatment about? Where do you find these products and what do they do for your hair?

I found out about ayurvedic powders/herbs on nc.com. They have pages of information on the 4A forum. I use the herbs for darkening hair, strengthening, conditioning and hair loss. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=80336&page=3

I purchase henna, amla, neem and shikakai from local Indian grocers. I purchase other powders--indigo, brahmi, maka, kalpi tone and kapoor kalchi--from ayurnaturalbeauty.com. I ordered from her once, and the shipping was fast. I will order from her again when my supply is gone.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 11:52 am

@ChrsLvsBks - Have you tried neem on your face? Have you had good results? I've heard good things. Also, what should I ask for at the Indian grocery? Neem powder?
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 11:59 am

I have tried neem on my face. I have severe adult acne which has flared up over the last month or so. I have not used it in a while. When I did use it, I was also using lemon powder with rose water and multani powder. My skin was fairly clear at the time.

At the Indian grocer, you can ask for the Hesh brand powders. They are typically in the hair care/health section of the store. The term section is used loosely since it is typically on a shelf near food.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtie 18th November 2009, 12:01 pm

Thank you! I will be asking about this when I go to get my henna on Friday.
Courtie
Courtie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 10:27 pm

I am trying the coconut milk treatment BreezyBaby wrote about on her page. I used a whole can of coconut milk. I heated it for too long, much longer than 2-3 minutes. I had to let it cool. I applied it and wrapped hair in plastic bag and wrapped towel around it. The plan is to rinse it out after an hour and a half. I will follow up with a LI and seal with jojoba, EVOO and coconut oil. Depending on hair looks tomorrow, I will do an updo with my Hair Zing.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th November 2009, 10:42 am

Okay, so here is what I did last night. I kept the coconut milk on my hair for a little over 30 minutes. I rinsed with warm water for a couple of minutes then cool water. I applied Curls hair ecstasy tea conditioner to my hair in small sections and sealed each section with a mixture of castor, EVO and coconut oils. I plaited each section and put on a plastic bag to keep the moisture in.

This morning I undid the plaits (hair was damp), put in about a nickel size of MyJoie hair gel in each half of my hair and brushed through with my denman. I made a side part and put in flower hair accessories.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2009 19th November 2009, 12:08 pm

so how did the coconut milk do ur hair? how did it make it feel?
Free2009
Free2009

http://www.mathhtutoring.com, www.fotki.com/Free2009

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 19th November 2009, 12:39 pm

You know I most def you to put relaxers in my hair twice a year as well ...but did u like the coconut milk? did you feel any difference?

PS I am most def not adjusting to this time change lol I feel sooo lazy when I come home...geesh lol
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next