CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

+53
funkyhairchic
Kea::curls
Hurricane Curly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
freckledmom4
kekesmom29
iri9109
coilykinks
mizcreativelyme
kim
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
KeetaRay
Nikcoils
j. kinky
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Umph
KeAnia
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
ladybug
MomnWife
Miss CurlyT
Fleur
krazy coils
FalconTress
TheRYL1
summerbreeze76
Lynnieluve
Keisha
Freestyles
tamtam7
NubieNatty
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
MissyCee
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
kalisha cherise
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
SisterBoyd
thetiffany
DvaAuNaturel
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
misskris
57 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by coilykinks 13th January 2011, 11:20 pm

Hello Chrs!

Your bantu knotout was amazing. Your hair always look good.

Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by iri9109 15th January 2011, 4:20 am

i liked those braids w/ the bun! every time i see a new avi you look younger and slimmer!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 18th January 2011, 1:26 am

Congrats on the weight loss and your goal setting. You're braids are so neat.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th January 2011, 1:25 pm

Chrs! Congrats on meeting the half way mark. I've heard about spark people before but never visited. I'm on peertrainer. I think I'll check out sp to see what it's all about. You inspire me every time you report on your losses. Keep up the good, hard work! The pay off will be major and I KNOW you will do it!

I have decided to finally start experimenting with some of the ayurvedic processes this week. Hoping I get great results as I start with some amla I have already.

BTW- the locks of love recipient of your hair will be more than pleased! Way to go!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 18th January 2011, 4:07 pm

iri9109 wrote:i liked those braids w/ the bun! every time i see a new avi you look younger and slimmer!

I totally agree! You're going to start getting carded everywhere!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 18th January 2011, 5:01 pm

Love that PS!! Very nice!
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th January 2011, 4:53 am

Hey Chrs, love the avi. Very chic Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 12:46 pm

Hi Chrs!
Googling BKO is how I first came across CN with your tutorial you did a while ago. I did not realize that it was you until recently because your face looks so different because of the weight loss (congrats btw cheers )! Praying for continued blessings as you strive to reach your weight and hair goals! Speaking of prayer, how is your mom doing lately?
I love the braids and bun in the back. It looks like it would be easy to maintain.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Empty First Time Visiting

Post by ForeverCurlyCatrina 22nd January 2011, 10:58 pm

Hello Miss Chrs. I think this might be my first time visiting your CSJ. I'm starting to realize I am not really in the loop when it comes to some of the CurlyNikki lingo. I had to come on here and browse around before I found something that stood for CSJ. Anyway, I'm loving your version of the braid updo. Your hair is longer than mine so I see you had to figure out a way to pin up all that extra length. It turned out really nice Very Happy Speaking of length, I'm excited to find out you're planning on donating your hair to Locks of Love. I donated my ponytail to them the last time I cut my hair, back in 2007. I went to a salon, but wish I had done it myself because the lady left a lot of length that ended up on the floor. I had her cut my hair really short. It was a waste of hair. If I could do it over again, I would have put my hair into four ponytails and then cut them instead of allowing her to do just one braid at my nape. Oh well. You live and learn. I will be checking out your CSJ more often now that I know what it is an where to find it.
ForeverCurlyCatrina
ForeverCurlyCatrina

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 27th January 2011, 12:57 am

HI ChrsLvsBks,

How's it going? As always, your hair is LOOKIN' GOOD sunny
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 28th January 2011, 7:36 pm

Happy Friday Beautiful!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 29th January 2011, 4:13 pm

Hi Chrs!!! I'm back &&& just playing catch-up...your hair is beautiful as ever of course! Congrats on the weightloss + all your hair growth. I'm a fan of curlycatrina's styles, too & i know exactly what hairstyle you're talking about, i think you did a great version of it.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 3rd February 2011, 2:11 pm

Hey lady!! I'm loving the weight loss results and the hair (as usual)!! Keep up the good work.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 12:20 pm

mizcreativelyme wrote:love the PS and congrats on WL...you looking good chica!
I really do like PS. I have been a bit lazy. Need to get back to it, thanks for the nice words!
Nikcoils wrote:I love the cornrowed bun do! my hair is already starting to revert a lil bit due to me working out this week. I think before this straightness vanishes i am gonna try to do paper bag rollers on my hair and see how that comes out.
Thanks Nik! I have to check out your page to see what you did to your hair while straight. I look forward to getting to your length.
coilykinks wrote:Hello Chrs!
Your bantu knotout was amazing. Your hair always look good.
Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!
Hi coilykinks! I am definitely trying to keep the weight off. I am halfway to my goal weight. I need to kick it up a few notches. I am not consistently losing any more. I know what I need to do I just have to do it.
iri9109 wrote:i liked those braids w/ the bun! every time i see a new avi you look younger and slimmer!
Awwww, iri, you know how to make an older lady feel great, appreciate you!
SisterBoyd wrote:Congrats on the weight loss and your goal setting. You're braids are so neat.
Practice, practice and more practice as far as the braids. Thanks!
poeticlyspkng wrote:Chrs! Congrats on meeting the half way mark. I've heard about spark people before but never visited. I'm on peertrainer. I think I'll check out sp to see what it's all about. You inspire me every time you report on your losses. Keep up the good, hard work! The pay off will be major and I KNOW you will do it!
I have decided to finally start experimenting with some of the ayurvedic processes this week. Hoping I get great results as I start with some amla I have already.
BTW- the locks of love recipient of your hair will be more than pleased! Way to go!
Hey poeticlyspkng! I see you. You are looking great! I’ve never heard of peertrainer but I know there are loads of sites dedicated to losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight. Glad to be an inspiration.
I have to check out your CSJ to see how ayurvedic powders are working on Thelma. I love that name by the way.
FemmeFox wrote:
I totally agree! You're going to start getting carded everywhere!
Femme, guess what chica. My hubby and I both got carded Tuesday when I took him out for his birthday, lol.
kekesmom29 wrote:Love that PS!! Very nice!
Thanks kekesmom!
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Chrs, love the avi. Very chic Smile
Hi IB, thanks for stopping by. I’m loving what you are doing with your hair. Your anniversary is coming up soon. Time to check out your CSJ to see what you are planning.
freckledmom4 wrote:Hi Chrs!
Googling BKO is how I first came across CN with your tutorial you did a while ago. I did not realize that it was you until recently because your face looks so different because of the weight loss (congrats btw cheers )! Praying for continued blessings as you strive to reach your weight and hair goals! Speaking of prayer, how is your mom doing lately?
I love the braids and bun in the back. It looks like it would be easy to maintain.
Hi freckledmom! Yea, I see the difference in my pictures. It’s funny. Thanks for the prayers. My mom is going through radiation treatment. She was at the halfway mark January 27. She is doing well. Her spirits are high, and she is taking the doctor’s orders as it comes to resting. I just have to encourage her to exercise (another order by the doctor).
ForeverCurlyCatrina wrote:Hello Miss Chrs. I think this might be my first time visiting your CSJ. I'm starting to realize I am not really in the loop when it comes to some of the CurlyNikki lingo. I had to come on here and browse around before I found something that stood for CSJ. Anyway, I'm loving your version of the braid updo. Your hair is longer than mine so I see you had to figure out a way to pin up all that extra length. It turned out really nice Very Happy Speaking of length, I'm excited to find out you're planning on donating your hair to Locks of Love. I donated my ponytail to them the last time I cut my hair, back in 2007. I went to a salon, but wish I had done it myself because the lady left a lot of length that ended up on the floor. I had her cut my hair really short. It was a waste of hair. If I could do it over again, I would have put my hair into four ponytails and then cut them instead of allowing her to do just one braid at my nape. Oh well. You live and learn. I will be checking out your CSJ more often now that I know what it is an where to find it.
Hi! Thanks for visiting. Yes, we shorten things a lot on forums/message boards don’t we, lol. I so love your styles. I will be trying another one real soon. I need to do more PS if I hope to get to WL any time within the next year and a half or so. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!
Hurricane Curly wrote:HI ChrsLvsBks,
How's it going? As always, your hair is LOOKIN' GOOD sunny
Hi Hurricane Curly, thanks again for your support Monday. It was great looking up and seeing a familiar face ;o).
FemmeFox wrote:Happy Friday Beautiful!
Thanks lady!
Kea wrote:Hi Chrs!!! I'm back &&& just playing catch-up...your hair is beautiful as ever of course! Congrats on the weightloss + all your hair growth. I'm a fan of curlycatrina's styles, too & i know exactly what hairstyle you're talking about, i think you did a great version of it.
Hi Kea, I see you graduated. Congratulations! Thanks for stopping by. I will see if you have a CSJ.
SheeTacular wrote:Hey lady!! I'm loving the weight loss results and the hair (as usual)!! Keep up the good work.
Thanks Shee! I am trying. I see you are doing your thing on the weight loss and hair front also. Keep doing what you are doing. Remember to take one day at a time.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 1:17 pm

The main thing recently is I have added more protein or strengthening products to my routine. I applied henna for three weeks straight in January. I also started using Joico's Reconstructor conditioner after cleansing out the henna with conditioner. I followed it up with a DC. I also added liquid amino acids to my aloe gro (2% of amino acids).

Here are some recent pictures.
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 2011-016
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 2011-017
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 2011-018
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 2011-019
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 2011-020
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Februa16
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Februa17
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Februa18
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 02102013

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th February 2011, 1:32 pm

Hey Chrs! Good to see you back! Smashing avi I must say! Love that bun, the earrings, the package! You got it!

So... I haven't used my amla. I'm not sure how and I need to figure that out. Looks like things are moving along in your journey! I read about amino acids before on moptop maven and wanted to try them. But, I wasn't quite sure where to find them. All I could find was the Braggs brand at Vitamin World which I think is used for cooking? Is that the same thing?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th February 2011, 1:55 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Chrs! Good to see you back! Smashing avi I must say! Love that bun, the earrings, the package! You got it!

So... I haven't used my amla. I'm not sure how and I need to figure that out. Looks like things are moving along in your journey! I read about amino acids before on moptop maven and wanted to try them. But, I wasn't quite sure where to find them. All I could find was the Braggs brand at Vitamin World which I think is used for cooking? Is that the same thing?
Lady, take the amla, pour it in a plastic bowl and pour in warm water until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes. You could also use tea instead of water.

I use the Braggs one. It has a strong smell but works good in my aloe gro mix.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 10th February 2011, 2:47 pm

Thanks Chrs! I might do that tonight!

I was worried I might smell like chicken if I used the Braggs. LOL
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th February 2011, 2:55 pm

Beautiful!!! flower
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 11th February 2011, 12:35 pm

Gorgeous as always, Chrs! cheers
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th February 2011, 1:47 pm

Hey Chrs...

Very nice pictures. I have alma too, but I haven't used it because it says it darkens the hair, and I want to keep the color I get when I henna. How can I use my alma powder and keep the color I have right now?

OBTW...your pictures are beautiful, and that bun is Fabulous!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th February 2011, 8:09 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Thanks Chrs! I might do that tonight!

I was worried I might smell like chicken if I used the Braggs. LOL
Chicken, really, wow, LOL!
Lynnieluve wrote:Beautiful!!! flower
Thanks Sis (no more Lil', you graduated a long time ago Wink )
cyclingchick wrote:Gorgeous as always, Chrs! cheers
Thanks!
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Chrs...

Very nice pictures. I have alma too, but I haven't used it because it says it darkens the hair, and I want to keep the color I get when I henna. How can I use my alma powder and keep the color I have right now?

OBTW...your pictures are beautiful, and that bun is Fabulous!!!
I like dark hair. I'm not sure if the color amla deposits would be enough to change your hair drastically. You could always do a patch test and see if the color is not to your liking. Perhaps doing it on a patch in the back or middle. Remember to check it every few days. It may take a while to show its "true color".
Today's meetup was G-R-E-A-T! Dva did an awesome job. There were probably 70 or so naturals there. We talked, ate, swapped and Dva had giveaways sponsored by Fluertzy, Natural Chica and Koils by Nature. She even purchased Georgetown Cupcakes that she gave away thanking the ladies from coming out. Y'all those cupcakes are moist and tasty!

I took a picture with Nubie. I'm sure Dva will post pictures also. Check her CSJ and the DMV page under Curly Meet Ups.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Img_0014
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 5 Nubie_12
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 12th February 2011, 10:15 pm

Hi Chrs! I'm just catching up with you and I'm so proud of you for your weight loss progress! That's is wonderful and I know you'll be hurtin' em in that two piece when you reach your goal! I'm also loving your decision to donate those beautiful locks to Locks of Love! Very noble of you and inspiring!

The bun is beautiful and as always your hair is bangin'! I decided to henna a little more, too. I'll be doing them once a month or as needed. You and Nubie look so cute! I'm glad you enjoyed your meetup!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 12th February 2011, 11:04 pm

Your bun looks amazing in your avi. Now that I've read what you've been doing I see why your hair looked so black, shiny, and gorgeous today at the meetup. I need to check out the ayurvedic powders I purchased so I'll know how to use them and start letting my hair benefit from them.

Thanks so much for giving your hair talk to the ladies at the different tables at the meetup. Glad you liked the cupcakes.

DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 13th February 2011, 12:21 am

Glad you divas had a great meet-up...can't wait to see the rest of the pics!
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next