CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

+53
funkyhairchic
Kea::curls
Hurricane Curly
ForeverCurlyCatrina
freckledmom4
kekesmom29
iri9109
coilykinks
mizcreativelyme
kim
Juices-n-Berries
cyclingchick
KeetaRay
Nikcoils
j. kinky
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
Umph
KeAnia
jaybella
AfrikanLatina
ladybug
MomnWife
Miss CurlyT
Fleur
krazy coils
FalconTress
TheRYL1
summerbreeze76
Lynnieluve
Keisha
Freestyles
tamtam7
NubieNatty
curly-me-naturally
poeticlyspkng
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
MissyCee
MsJay1121
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
kalisha cherise
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
SisterBoyd
thetiffany
DvaAuNaturel
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
misskris
57 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2011, 5:05 am

Sorry to hear about the breakage. Cause still in question?
I know for me, I had to turn my bonnet inside out for my fragile front edges. At night, the friction was a bit much.

No worries for you though, it was grow back nice and full. You are going all the right things. It may have just needed a good trim.Smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2011, 9:08 am

Ladies, thanks for your votes of confidence. I think the breakage was due to a couple of things. The texture of my hair is coarser, at least I think so, in my slow grow/hard to retain length section than other areas. It loves thicker creams. Also, that same coarser area is porous so it is always drinking up what ever I put on it. I am going to be diligent about following the Chicoro method of sealing--water based, oil then cream. So far I am using aloe gro, KBB hair nectar (now called sweet ambrosia), coconut oil & MyHoneyChild Honey Creme. The honey creme is thick enough for the coarse areas and not too thick for the less coarse areas.

Here are a few pictures of my hair now.
Amount of hair I cut
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-010
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-011
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-012
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-013
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th March 2011, 12:49 pm

Cute twists! You still have a lot of hair even though you had to cut some. I agree that it will grow back nice and full Very Happy
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 9th March 2011, 2:42 pm

Still looks good ...

I see you have Twitter - I still don't understand that confused
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 3:29 pm

Great look Chrs. As said above your hair will grow back in full force!!!

BBD, I don't understand it either or the new tumblr thingy!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th March 2011, 6:39 pm

Thanks ladies!

Twitter is cool to me. You can follow people based on your interests. It is similar to FB but more fun, IMO.

Tumblr is similar to a blog. The great thing is you can reblog what other people have posted. I like it because when I do not have anything to share, I can blog what someone else has posted. You can post & reblog photos, links, text, videos and audio.

Here are some better shots of my hair (sans all black outerwear).
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-016
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-015ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-014

Ladies, I really like MyHoneyChild's Honey Creme. It is super thick but emulsifies nicely. I apply it all over and place extra on my ends. It doesn't really have a strong scent.

The ingredients are raw honey, shea butter, coconut butter, cocoa butter, almond butter and mimosa oil.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 9th March 2011, 7:47 pm

Chrs thanks for the explanation. BUT you were speaking in a foreign language.

Your hair looks lovely. Glad the My oney Child is working. I've used the deep conditioner and it's great. have to get more...
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th March 2011, 11:16 pm

The twist look great and I agree with the others...it will grow back!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 10th March 2011, 9:39 am

Chrs...so sorry that you had to cut your hair, but you still have a head full of beautiful curls.

I buy my powders from ayurNaturalbeauty.com (got this site from your butter~n~bars thread last year) and I haven't had any issues with particles.

I'm so glad you liked the set; I liked it too and was a little out done I didn't get one in the same color!! LOL

Just wanted to stop by and say hello!! TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 10th March 2011, 10:16 am

Chrs, I meant to tell you congratulations on your weightloss, your bone structure in your face is definitely shining through! You look great girl Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th March 2011, 6:54 pm

Hey Chrs,

Sorry to hear about the breakage. Your twists look great. I saw you the other morning. I was right behind you at the stop but before I could get up good enough to beep at you you were gone. Very Happy

Your twists look good. I'm sure you hair will grow back so much more healthy and more gorgeous. You pamper and take such good care of it. A deva cut would be beautiful for you....can't wait to see pics when you do that. The salon I go to fully does the whole Deva/curly girl thing. When I was looking for deva certified stylists I found quite a few, although none around here, mainly in the surrounding counties.

Anyway, looking good - as usual.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 10th March 2011, 11:00 pm

Hey doll! Your hair will grow back stronger and thicker. I also use my honey child hair cream and my hair LOVES it. It define the twist and the moisture last for the entire week. It is my staple now for my twist and twist outs. It also helps smooth my edges when I rock a puff!

I need to follow you on twitter.
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 11th March 2011, 3:05 pm

Look at you on Twitter! I am also thinking bout putting together a blog and Twitter for my Make-up Artistry and Skin Care. Really the only thing stopping me right now is time. I'm at work all day, when am I going to post and how am I going to keep up with Twitter (we're not allowed to download anything to the computers at the Reception desk)? So I'm thinking of switching to a more social media friendly phone so I can just throw myself into it.

Your twist look amazing! I can't wait to see the results of your Deva Cut.

Have a good weekend beautiful!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 12th March 2011, 10:49 pm

Hey CHRSLVBKS! Sorry to hear about your breakage. The twists still look good and healthy. What is the recipe for your aloe gro spritz?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 13th March 2011, 10:05 am

Gorgeous as usual!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th March 2011, 5:40 pm

carfi366 wrote:Hey CHRSLVBKS! Sorry to hear about your breakage. The twists still look good and healthy. What is the recipe for your aloe gro spritz?
Hi lady, I use 1.5 parts aloe vera & one part distilled water. I also add 10-15 drops of EOs of tea tree, rosehip, peppermint & lavender. The EO measurements are for about a 24 oz bottle.

Here are some recent pictures of Grace.
Six day hair (cleansed rope twists & put hair in bun using two scrunchies)
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0295

Rope twisted bun
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0296

Rope twists-loose
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-021

BONUS Pictures (wearing size 32 Seven7forMankind--thanks HauteLook brand jeans):

Weight loss
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0297
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-022

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th March 2011, 9:29 pm

Work it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 15th March 2011, 10:54 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
carfi366 wrote:Hey CHRSLVBKS! Sorry to hear about your breakage. The twists still look good and healthy. What is the recipe for your aloe gro spritz?
Hi lady, I use 1.5 parts aloe vera & one part distilled water. I also add 10-15 drops of EOs of tea tree, rosehip, peppermint & lavender. The EO measurements are for about a 24 oz bottle.

Here are some recent pictures of Grace.
Six day hair (cleansed rope twists & put hair in bun using two scrunchies)
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0295

Rope twisted bun
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0296

Rope twists-loose
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-021

BONUS Pictures (wearing size 32 Seven7forMankind--thanks HauteLook brand jeans):

Weight loss
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 Img_0297
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-022

Thanks CHRSLVBKS! OH BUGEEZUS!!! You and grace are looking so fabulous. I must admit your weight lost is really inspiring me to do something daring. Keep up the good work lady. Don't forget the Sade concert at Verizon, tickets go on sale this Friday.

Carla
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th March 2011, 11:51 pm

Hi Lady, You look amazing! LOVE the red feather earrings! Now about the rope twist (beautiful btw)... were they hard to do?
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 15th March 2011, 11:58 pm

You look AMAZING!!!! I know Hubby is loving it! Wink
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 16th March 2011, 4:58 am

u r looking good
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th March 2011, 10:40 am

You look great CHRS ... you working that weight loss thing ...

GET IT, GET IT
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2011, 11:02 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Work it!
Very Happy

carfi366 wrote:Thanks CHRSLVBKS! OH BUGEEZUS!!! You and grace are looking so fabulous. I must admit your weight lost is really inspiring me to do something daring. Keep up the good work lady. Don't forget the Sade concert at Verizon, tickets go on sale this Friday.

Carla
Carla, you are very welcome.

Let me know if you need an accountability buddy for your weight loss.

You know, I am not a Sade fan. Thanks for thinking of me.

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi Lady, You look amazing! LOVE the red feather earrings! Now about the rope twist (beautiful btw)... were they hard to do?
Awww, thanks! I picked up the earrings in Raleigh at last year's first natural hair care expo there. Both Dva & tiashauntee had to convince me that big was okay, LOL. As for the rope twist, not hard at all. The key is to twist the individual sections in the same direction before twisting them together in the opposite direction. Since I am right handed, I twist the individual sections to the left, then twist them together to the right.
Lynnieluve wrote:You look AMAZING!!!! I know Hubby is loving it! Wink
Hubby actually always comments. He does not like the fact that I am losing my backside, men, lol.
kim wrote:u r looking good
Thanks kim!

Today's style is a puff in front with pony in back. My hair is filling a little oily and crunchy. The crunch is from the EO conditioner added to a spritz of it, aloe vera juice & oils. Note to self to write down what I mix up. The oil is likely from the spritz & added coconut oil. I decided not to spritz it last night or this morning. This morning, I added some Qhemet Biologics amla nourishing pomade to the front and edges. I also added MyHoneyChild's coconut gel to the edges to slick them down a bit.

This is what my hair looked like last night--frizz city.
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-025
Guess what I do not mind, it is still moisturized and feels so soft. I will cleansed it tonight & tomorrow night. Tomorrow night I will also do an ACV rinse. These are the nights I work out extra hard--step classes.

ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-023
ChrsLvsBks-BONUS Pictures, Come See - Page 7 2011-024
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th March 2011, 12:35 pm

Congrats on the weight loss you look so pretty. OK, I am going to goa nd visit you on tumblr. Twitter just seems so hard to me.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th March 2011, 1:42 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:You look great CHRS ... you working that weight loss thing ...

GET IT, GET IT
Thanks BBD! Your avi is HOT!!!!
You know how hard it is to get it off. I cannot wait to get it off and work toward keeping it off.

CrissyQ wrote:Congrats on the weight loss you look so pretty. OK, I am going to goa nd visit you on tumblr. Twitter just seems so hard to me.
Awww, thanks Crissy! Please visit me.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next