CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

+11
BlondeByDesire
Shay Photography
Freestyles
anz30
rimmie
Renny
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Thinice
rayray19
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... Empty Mandi's Gone Curly! is getting her hair colored TODAY!

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 2:57 am

So. Here's my hair diary!
Backstory:
My name is Amanda. My last perm was March-ish 2008. I am proof that just because you stop getting perms does NOT mean your hair will grow. Hair in any fashion needs maintenece. Luckily I have stumbled upon this wonderful community that is assisting me with just that. Since my perm days I have noticed that my hair is so much THICKER! I love it but I still haven't seen much growth.

Routine:
So currently I am co-washing twice weekly with my mix of Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Condish (the one product of my perm days that I can't let go of), Giovanni SAS Condish and Herb Essences Hello Hydration Condish with a dab of EVOO. My hair LOVES it! I grease my scalp daily with a mix of Wild Growth Hair Oil and MN(I'm giving it a whirl, no bad symptoms yet). I have a mix of Mango and Cocoa Butter, Olive, Jajoba,Castor oils for Moisture. I have been doing this for about a week. I love it!

I'll keep this updated so you guys can see my progress. And feel free to intervene, make suggestions and comment. I'm appreciative of all advice given!

Pics:

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... DSC_3255
This morning. Wash and go w/ loads of shrinkage.

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... DSC_3242
My hair is neck length when blown out

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... DSC_3247
I'm trying this out. I like it so far.

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... C2de9b17
A braid out

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... 1fd1e7f9
Half braided. Half twistout.
Comment Away!!

Last edited by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 30th December 2010, 4:07 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Description)
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... Empty Re: Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 3:12 am

Welcome to curl street!! i see your from anchorage AK..Me and my family were stationed there for 4 years!!! My dad is in the air force so we've been all over
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... Empty Re: Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more...

Post by Thinice 19th December 2010, 3:15 am

Welcome to curl street!
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 3:17 am

Thanks for the welcomes! The Air Force brought me here too. I despise this place with a PASSION.... No I only have a few more weeks here though. (fingers crossed)
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 19th December 2010, 3:34 am

lol yea i hated it too..I got mines crossed for you too!!
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th December 2010, 10:51 am

Welcome to Curl Street! Pics please bounce bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th December 2010, 12:32 pm

Welcome!! So are you transitioning or are you natural now? What is your signature style?

And pics please!! lol!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 19th December 2010, 1:28 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 4:40 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Welcome!! So are you transitioning or are you natural now? What is your signature style?

And pics please!! lol!

I am fully natural now. I change styles so much I don't have a signature per se, I wear alot of protective styles, but right now I'm rocking a TWA. I completely forgot my pics they will be up soon!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 4:41 pm

Renny wrote:Welcome to Curl Street!
Thanks!!!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rimmie 19th December 2010, 5:26 pm

HELLO WELL READING YOUR POST I NOTICE YOU SAID YOU HAVENT SEEN MUCH GROWTH YOU DONT NOTICE IT BECAUSE THE HAIR CAN BE CONFUSED WITH ALL THOSE PRODUCTS RATHER ITS NATURAL OR NOT YOU HAVE TO BALANCE OUT YOUR PRODUCTS AND LIMIT IT TOO I STOPPED THE PERM DID A BIG CHOP CUZ I WAS SUFFERING FROM HAIR LOST BY ME SAYING A PRAYER EVERYDAY THANKING GOD FOR RESTORING CUZ YOU HAVE TO SPEAK THOSE THINGS AS THOUGH THEY WERE STICK TO ONE SHAMPOO AND SAME CONDITIONER AS SHAMPOO AND USE DOO GRO OR TRIPLE GRO GREASE I PROMISE YOU WITH SEE GROWTH AS LITTLE AS 2 WEEKS REMEMBER DRINK PLENTY OF WATER KEY ANSWER PRAYER FIRST WATER DOO GRO TRIPLE GRO GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

rimmie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 5:38 pm

rimmie wrote:HELLO WELL READING YOUR POST I NOTICE YOU SAID YOU HAVENT SEEN MUCH GROWTH YOU DONT NOTICE IT BECAUSE THE HAIR CAN BE CONFUSED WITH ALL THOSE PRODUCTS RATHER ITS NATURAL OR NOT YOU HAVE TO BALANCE OUT YOUR PRODUCTS AND LIMIT IT TOO I STOPPED THE PERM DID A BIG CHOP CUZ I WAS SUFFERING FROM HAIR LOST BY ME SAYING A PRAYER EVERYDAY THANKING GOD FOR RESTORING CUZ YOU HAVE TO SPEAK THOSE THINGS AS THOUGH THEY WERE STICK TO ONE SHAMPOO AND SAME CONDITIONER AS SHAMPOO AND USE DOO GRO OR TRIPLE GRO GREASE I PROMISE YOU WITH SEE GROWTH AS LITTLE AS 2 WEEKS REMEMBER DRINK PLENTY OF WATER KEY ANSWER PRAYER FIRST WATER DOO GRO TRIPLE GRO GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

Speaking things into existence is one of my favorite principles but strangly enough I haven't thought about applying this to my hair. Thank you so much for giving me that reminder. God Bless!!!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by rimmie 19th December 2010, 5:50 pm

no problem and remember everything you do make sure God is first you never can go wrong with that

rimmie

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... Empty Working out and weight loss

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 19th December 2010, 9:41 pm

This week marks me starting back up with my diet. I'm going to be restricting my calories to 1500 per day, drinking 1 gallon of water a day and working out daily. I'm interested how these changes will effect my hair. Hopefully I'll be able to drop 30lbs. You would think that joining the military would make you fit but it has been quite the opposite in my case. I packed on 40+ lbs. I think this is mainly due to my location (Alaska) It's so cold! During the winter months, (which is most of the year) I don't feel like doing ANYTHING! Hopefully I'm successful in my weight loss this time. I'll keep you updated!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 20th December 2010, 12:01 am

I also found that I gained weight when I joined the military. I found out later that it was because I was adding muscle mass (workouts) but not cutting calories. At least that's what the doctor told me at the time. I struggle with my weight, but right now I haven't been motivated to take it off. I know what I need to do but I have no motiviation to actually do it. I have to change my attitude about working out, thanks for the reminder.

The water alone will probably help with your hair. Good luck!
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 12:27 am

anz30 wrote:I also found that I gained weight when I joined the military. I found out later that it was because I was adding muscle mass (workouts) but not cutting calories. At least that's what the doctor told me at the time. I struggle with my weight, but right now I haven't been motivated to take it off. I know what I need to do but I have no motiviation to actually do it. I have to change my attitude about working out, thanks for the reminder.

The water alone will probably help with your hair. Good luck!

Glad I can be a reminder! The hardest part of working out is getting up and doing it. And the second part is keeping it up. Get to it lady! Smile
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... Empty Today is NOT my day.

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 7:47 pm

So last night was rough to say the least. Me and the hubby aren't doing too well. No This morning isn't any better. I'm starting to think I should have listened when people warned me about marriage. *sigh* But in the midst of my drama, I managed to complete a twist and curl. I don't know if the outcome is a twist and curl but I like it!
Mandi's Gone Curly! - NYE Pics and more... DSC_3326
Unfortunatley I won't be able to make it the gym like I had planned but I will still watch my calories and drink water. I really need something to get my mind off of things. Hopefully I'll get to go home for Christmas. You all pray for me... Crying or Very sad
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2010, 10:31 pm

Welcome! I big chopped (BC'd) around the time of your last relaxer (March 08') and I've had a few set backs with growth too (color, heat damages, lack of moisture, etc). Additionally, I gained a ton of weight over the past year or so (60lbs) while working in law enforcement, but now I'm back in school full time so I need to get my weight back in check! We seem to have quite a bit in common! BE ENCOURAGED!!! Things will get better! I'm here for you!!!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 10:43 pm

Freestyles wrote:Welcome! I big chopped (BC'd) around the time of your last relaxer (March 08') and I've had a few set backs with growth too (color, heat damages, lack of moisture, etc). Additionally, I gained a ton of weight over the past year or so (60lbs) while working in law enforcement, but now I'm back in school full time so I need to get my weight back in check! We seem to have quite a bit in common! BE ENCOURAGED!!! Things will get better! I'm here for you!!!

---Reese afro

Yay! I have a hair sister! What went wrong with your color?. I'm getting mine next week!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 20th December 2010, 11:05 pm

My hair, like my skin is just extremely sensitive. If you look on Page 1 of my CSJournal you'll see the color. It was cool at the time, but when I wanted to grow it out, I could definitely tell the difference in the moisture between the colored hair and newer growth. I had to eventually cut the color out which in addition to the heat damage was a setback in length retention...

My advice: Color is okay as long as you moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE!!!!

---Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 20th December 2010, 11:32 pm

Freestyles wrote:My hair, like my skin is just extremely sensitive. If you look on Page 1 of my CSJournal you'll see the color. It was cool at the time, but when I wanted to grow it out, I could definitely tell the difference in the moisture between the colored hair and newer growth. I had to eventually cut the color out which in addition to the heat damage was a setback in length retention...

My advice: Color is okay as long as you moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE!!!!

---Reese afro

Thats the general consensus I've gotten, so I guess I'm going to have to stay on top of it!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 20th December 2010, 11:43 pm

Mandi,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Maybe the workout would have helped take your mind off them. Either way 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

I like your twist and curl results!
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 21st December 2010, 4:26 am

anz30 wrote:Mandi,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Maybe the workout would have helped take your mind off them. Either way 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

I like your twist and curl results!

Thank you and You are right. Today was my 'mope around' day. Tommorow is mine!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 21st December 2010, 11:07 pm

I wanted today to be mine. To no avail. I'm praying that everything gets better.

I got antsy and DC'd over my TAC. This is one of the reasons I like weaves. I CAN'T keep my hands out my hair!!! But with weaves come edge breakage and it makes it a whole lot easier to forget my hair altogether. I think I'm going to try wigs. Any other suggestions?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by anz30 22nd December 2010, 1:12 am

I know what you mean. Whenever I get extremely frustrated or anxious I start my hair regimen. No matter how soon after I've already done it. It helps to calm me down.

I'm sorry that I don't have any other suggestions. But personally I don't see anything wrong with what you did. No problem with keeping your hands in your head. That's how all the others seem to come up with their really cool hairstyles.

Feel better!
anz30
anz30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next