CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out

+48
mizcreativelyme
thetiffany
kim
BajanPrincess82
poeticlyspkng
TheRYL1
tiffyd
HappyCurly
krazy coils
QuietButterfly
ktoliver5303
missmoriah
jcanalena79
MellowOne
DvaAuNaturel
melbelle81
CrissyQ
Nikcoils
LaToya28
NubieNatty
KinkyNappyHappy
SheeTacular
BlondeByDesire
bholmes87
truet
jamaicacurl
NaturalChica
vmichelle
Curly Film Chick
tiashaunteƩ
Juices-n-Berries
traveljunkie08
p_nuttie43
DanceOnTheSkylines
Freestyles
sweetdrk1
ytiznatural
Lynnieluve
HumanNature
Intelligentbeauty
AfrikanLatina
Free2009
Kea::curls
newme10
ChrsLvsBks
curly+kinky+fierce
LilMsPuddles
.:Eden:.
52 posters

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out Empty .:Eden:.

Post by .:Eden:. 4th December 2009, 10:04 pm

Hi everyone!!!!!

I'm starting out a bit late, nevertheless I WILL POST. My username is Eden and I've been natural for 1 month, 1 week, and 6 days. I wore a relaxer for almost 11 years, until my hair stopped growing, broke off, and became unruly. My last relaxer was 6/20/09, I transitioned for 4 months, and big chopped on 10/21/09 YAYY!!!!!! I absolutely love love love my hair and am glad to finally be home again.

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out IMG_0985

Last edited by .:Eden:. on 9th December 2009, 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out Empty Re: .:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out

Post by LilMsPuddles 5th December 2009, 2:46 am

Congrats & welcome!
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th December 2009, 1:27 pm

Hi Eden! I was actually looking for your thread...It looks as if our hair is similar and I would love to know your regime, and what works for you and keeps you moist...ive been natural for 2 months..so im still learning too! and looking forward to your journey!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 5:07 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Hi Eden! I was actually looking for your thread...It looks as if our hair is similar and I would love to know your regime, and what works for you and keeps you moist...ive been natural for 2 months..so im still learning too! and looking forward to your journey!

Hey Curly!!! I'm actually subscribed to your channel and noticed the same thing. Right now my regimen isn't really secure, but I'll share with you what I use. I'm currently doing the CG method. I co wash my hair with Suave Coconut (for detangling) and then Vo5 Strawberries and Cream (for moisture). When I need to deep condition I put honey, coconut oil, and castor oil with the conditioner. I bought Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol Plus, which I want to start using as a deep conditioner. Afterwards I do a cold water ACV rinse. I use a t-shirt and plop, once my hair is damp I moisturize and seal using a spray a mixture of water, Aubrey Organics Primrose Tangle-Go Hair Conditioner Lusterizer and Styling Spray, coconut oil, and castor oil. I apply a heavy amount of shea butter, concentrating on my dry areas, and I seal with a coconut and/or castor oil. I air dry and coil random strands in my hair to create texture. Almost everyday I will re-moisturize and seal.

That's basically what I do, I think I will need to start co-washing 2xs a week, but I'm not sure yet. I still have some dryness issues that I'll work on, but for the most part my hair stays moisturized.

Last edited by .:Eden:. on 24th December 2009, 3:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 5:19 pm

I've embarked on a new aspect in my hair journey. I did my first two strand twists. I think it will be a while before I retry them...knowing me maybe not. Anyway, it was a little difficult in some sections because of my hair length and also because of the looser texture in the front of my hair. I'm proud of it, but not proud because it looks a bit shabby. I look forward to when I'll have more length to make it look nice. I did my normal co-washing routine and twisted with shea butter. I just wore a bonnet to bed and the next day moisturized my twists with shea butter, coconut oil, and castor oil. I'm going to take them out on Monday and wear a twist-out . Here's what it looks like right now.

.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out IMG_0995
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out IMG_0996
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out IMG_0997

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 10:59 pm

I was just thinking about the process it takes for a natural to embrace her hair. During the transition you build this picture of what you expect and then once the hair is gone (especially for those who started with a twa) it's a real eye opener. My initial reaction to my BC was wow, I'm free. I was soo happy, but then as the days went on I became insecure. I wore a hat for a month straight...sad I know. I just couldn't believe I cut my hair. My whole life I prided myself on the fact that I had pretty, long, and silky relaxed hair. I didn't care if it was damaged or breaking off, it made me who I was. I'm happy to say I don't feel that way anymore.

I've fully embraced my hair with all its kinks, coils, curls, and waves. I'm not hiding anymore, and I'm not ashamed. I dedicate this poem to my hair...

Resilience

Perfectly patterned particles
push perpetually,
emerging: emancipated, elated,
enthusiastic.
Pushing proudly
up through layers upon layers of denial.
Past denaturing chemicals
and excessive heat;
curls emerge: triumphant.
Blatant refusal
to be ignored.
Blatant defiance of standards.
Despite countless chemicals
and incessant heat curls return:
a complexly simple statement
and reminder
of identity and culture.
Our hair is
as our land is
as we are:
EVER BEAUTIFULLY
RESILIENT.

by Sunkissed Gem

Last edited by .:Eden:. on 24th December 2009, 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th December 2009, 12:02 am

Welcome!

Do you rinse the ACV with cold water or is the ACV cold?

I'm going to check out the AO conditioner. I've never seen it online or at the Vitamin Shop.

I love the poem-structure, words and meaning. Are you Sunkissed Gem?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newme10 6th December 2009, 12:08 am

Hi, this is Newme10. Just starting posting today and am TOTALLY excited about learning about my naturally curly, fine hair. this is for chrslvsbks...your hair looks fine and if it is, can you tell me your regimen?

newme10

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 6th December 2009, 12:09 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Welcome!

Do you rinse the ACV with cold water or is the ACV cold?

I'm going to check out the AO conditioner. I've never seen it online or at the Vitamin Shop.

I love the poem-structure, words and meaning. Are you Sunkissed Gem?

Thanks ChrsLvsBks!!!! I dilute the ACV in cold water. Here's the conditioner it's actually a spray. I bought the 2oz bottle for $4, there's a 4oz that's about $8.

No I am not Sunkissed Gem, I just found it online. It really spoke to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 6th December 2009, 10:46 pm

I just saw the most beautiful natural haired girl in Walgreens. I was drooling staring at her hair, so I had to stop her and ask questions. We were both in a rush, but she told me she'd been natural her whole life. I proceeded to tell her how far along I was, and so she asked me smiling, "So where is it?" (I was wearing a hat). I only showed her the front, because I had my two strand twists in that I desperately want to take apart. She said, "Oh so you're gonna do the big fro tomorrow." I smiled and agree, but in the back of my head I was like "Dang!! It won't be as big as yours.

Her hair looked like this but maybe 1" shorter
.:Eden:. Curly Q Twist Out P_257310 What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 7th December 2009, 11:15 pm

hey eden! i actually like your twists:

1. i think they look funky! (in a good way. lol)

2. my hair's not long enough to twist (i realized this after about 30 min of trying this weekend)

3. they're so thick!!!

P.S. i kno i'm probly the only person in the 21st century who still says "funky." What can i say? i grew up in the 90s watching Moesha. lol.

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2009 7th December 2009, 11:35 pm

hey! welcome! my last relaxer was june 20th too! i BCed september 27th, and i think we have similar lengths and texture! i think u did a good job on ur twists.... my first ones looked pretty much like those too! maybe next time, u should try to do them half the size u did them... or smaller if u can stand it... i tried this last sunday.... my twists looked so awesome that i wore them without a hat! (i did the same thing as u... covered them up until i was ready to rock the twist out).... the twists r a good protective style, in my opinion.... and its even better when u can rock them in all their glory and say "look at me", but u know, silently and to urself lol Smile u wont have to say anything tho.... they will all be staring at u! Smile good luck!
Free2009
Free2009

http://www.mathhtutoring.com, www.fotki.com/Free2009

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 12:53 am

Kea::curls wrote:hey eden! i actually like your twists:

1. i think they look funky! (in a good way. lol)

2. my hair's not long enough to twist (i realized this after about 30 min of trying this weekend)

3. they're so thick!!!

P.S. i kno i'm probly the only person in the 21st century who still says "funky." What can i say? i grew up in the 90s watching Moesha. lol.

Hey Kea!!! I'm cool with "funky." I grew up in the 90s too, and I loved Moesha lol. I think the trick to doing these is to do them really small when you have a twa.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 12:55 am

Free2009 wrote:hey! welcome! my last relaxer was june 20th too! i BCed september 27th, and i think we have similar lengths and texture! i think u did a good job on ur twists.... my first ones looked pretty much like those too! maybe next time, u should try to do them half the size u did them... or smaller if u can stand it... i tried this last sunday.... my twists looked so awesome that i wore them without a hat! (i did the same thing as u... covered them up until i was ready to rock the twist out).... the twists r a good protective style, in my opinion.... and its even better when u can rock them in all their glory and say "look at me", but u know, silently and to urself lol Smile u wont have to say anything tho.... they will all be staring at u! Smile good luck!

HI!!!! Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll try that this weekend. I'll definitely start earlier in the day so I'm not up until 2am twisting. sigh...the things we do for our hair. lol

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 1:24 am

Today was the day I took out my twists to do a twist out. While they weren't what I wanted I was still pleased. I stayed up really late last night, so I overslept this morning. As I'm rushing to get ready, I also have to rush to take out these twists. So, I'm just pulling, tugging, and making it frizzy. NOT what I wanted to do. I couldn't delicating fluff my hair, so I grabed my pick and fluffed as I walked. I didn't feel the style could stand alone and be cute, so I grabbed a headband (THANKS KEA! for the heads up about Ross).

Here's what it looked like:

Image hosted by servimg.comImage hosted by servimg.comImage hosted by servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 8th December 2009, 1:39 am

I think the twist out looks great. Sometimes I like a more defined look and other times I like a less defined/frizzy look as crazy as that might sound. I definitely like that headband and think it added a cute flare!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 1:43 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:I think the twist out looks great. Sometimes I like a more defined look and other times I like a less defined/frizzy look as crazy as that might sound. I definitely like that headband and think it added a cute flare!

Thank you!! I guess that's one of the things I need to embrace as a natural. Whenever I do a twist/braid out I shouldn't expect my hair to be precisely defined with no hairs out of place. That's the joy of being natural, it does what it wants to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th December 2009, 1:49 am

CONGRATS AND WELCOME EDEN!!
Did you do your BC or was it professionally done? What was your first reaction to your hair? Did you have a preconcevied idea of what your hair will look like prior to the BC?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 8th December 2009, 1:54 am

cool twist out! esp I love you the view from the back &&& of course LOVE the headband~

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 1:55 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:CONGRATS AND WELCOME EDEN!!
Did you do your BC or was it professionally done? What was your first reaction to your hair? Did you have a preconcevied idea of what your hair will look like prior to the BC?

Thanks!!! I did my own BC. I was going to get it done professionally at a natural hair salon, but I got impatient a few days before and did it myself. My first reaction was basically woot! dance run, until a few days later I got real self-conscious. I've NEVER had short hair, so I hid it for 1 month...sad I know. I'm glad to say I no longer feel that way, I love my hair and am proud of every strand. I initially thought my hair would curl and clump up all nice, but it had no curl pattern what so ever. Just fluff (lol), as the weeks went on my hair began to curl on it's own, but I'm at peace with it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 1:58 am

Kea::curls wrote:cool twist out! esp I love you the view from the back &&& of course LOVE the headband~

I know, I think the back looks FUNKY!!!!! LOL. It's just like the silver one you have on your Fotki page, except a different color. I literally bought like 6 headbands when I went there. I had no idea how cute they were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th December 2009, 2:00 am

Was your transition difficult? By this I mean was it difficult to manage the two textures and finding styles for your hair?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 2:11 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Was your transition difficult? By this I mean was it difficult to manage the two textures and finding styles for your hair?

The only thing that made my transition difficult was the fact that my hair was breaking off very heavily. If this didn't happen I would have went to maybe 9 months even 12 months transitioning. My tub was always clogged because it kept breaking off. I actually enjoyed my transition, I wish I did it longer. But by month 4 I couldn't take all the falling hairs in the bathroom. I could deal with the 2 textures, I just had to make sure I treated them while my hair was wet. After it dried my roots would not let me do anything to it. Styles were easy to find, I'm not sure if you checked my fotki but I wore buns, straw sets, flexi rod sets, french rolls, bantu knot outs, 2 strand twist bantu knot outs, and box braids. There were a lot of options, it was just difficult with all the breakage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 8th December 2009, 2:15 am

Thanks Eden. Have a great night.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 8th December 2009, 2:24 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Thanks Eden. Have a great night.

You're welcome, you too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 29 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next