CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut

+12
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
Kea::curls
curly+kinky+fierce
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
p_nuttie43
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Empty Re: p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut

Post by Kea::curls 14th December 2009, 8:39 pm

aww...your mom's hair is soo pretty Smile

btw-->how long did it take for your BNB shipment to come? did you do standard shipping?

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 14th December 2009, 8:52 pm

its permanent hair color. She wont let go of her dye. says she is too young for greys. LOL... i'm trying to get her to do some twists and stuff and stay on her regiment so that her hair can grow and become thicker.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 14th December 2009, 9:51 pm

Your braid out looks great and Momma's hair has it going on too. Nice p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 14th December 2009, 10:34 pm

Go Mama, Go! That red is super-sassy! It looks great on her!

--Reese. p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 15th December 2009, 2:59 pm

THANK YOU ALL for the compliments on my mama! I am going to have to show her what you all say. She is sooo negative about her looks. I'm trying to show her that she is beautiful inside and out but its hard.

kea curls: it took about 2 weeks. on the site it says it takes 5-7 days to process then days to ship
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 16th December 2009, 3:17 pm

well the night before last I washed my hair and did a deep conditioner on my hair and then mixed my goodies up!!!

I washed with silk elements mega silk olive oil shampoo and conditioner, then cowashed with HEHH
-- deep conditioned with Organics Root Stimulator hair mayonnaise with a coat of olive oil on it (stayed on the head for about 1- 1 1/2)
-- rinsed out and sprayed my leave in conditioner mix (infusium 23 mixed with olive oil, sweet olive oil and water) coated lightly with coconut oil.
------------------
mixed my Butters n bars shea butter with coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, tea tree oil and sweet almond oil
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 L_a6c010

then whipped up real good
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 L_c49310

used my mixed shea butter and ecostyle gel to do small bantu knots on my hair. through my satin bonnet on it and went to bed....

end results the next day (yesteday)
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 L_784f10
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 16th December 2009, 3:18 pm

WOW! Nice!
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th December 2009, 12:36 am

Love your braid out and Mom's hair is lovely!!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 21st December 2009, 8:02 pm

ok ya'lls. its been a couple of days since i've been able to post anything but i have been BUSY BUSY BUSY!

Recap of the last couple of days:

-- SO the house we were suppose to move into became occuppied again by my estranged uncle. SO we had no place to stay... and less than 30 days before the lease was up at our place. so i've been running around putting application after application in for apts.
-- we did get approved for an apt (yeah!) but had to get the security deposit to them before friday so we could move in and get keys by this past weekend... well I was in sacramento for training(2 1/2 hrs away from fresno) and my BGF (beautiful Girlfriend) was at work till 5pm. SO I had to FLY (and I mean fly in the rental car!!!) back to fresno as soon as class was over ( I made it back in 1 hr and 45 min... i will never do that again!!!) but we got the keys!!!

This past weekend was packing packing and more packing. my hair was not done and in a scarf all day.

I did deep condition with organics hair mayonaise and a mix of tea tree oil, avocado oil and castor oil. it came out really soft

and did my usual bantu knots with my shea butter mix and eco syler.

I am realizing that with my hair, less is more. I was doing alot to my hair when i was going pj crazy but now i'm thinking my hair just likes to be co washed with HEHH, moisutize treatment with silk elements moisturizing treatment and deep conditioned with orgainics hair mayonaise. shea butter and eco styler... thats it thats all

so we'll see....

but i do know...

I AM READY TO CHOP ALL THIS PERMED CRAP OUT OF MY HAIR AND GET NATURAL. im tired of it. lol... i'm at my wits end trying to figure out how to keep a day 2 hair style, moisturized and straight ends.... i'm ready man... but i promised i would wait a year... thats not that long right.... i think im going to get some braids....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 24th December 2009, 6:07 am

So i finally was able to upload some pics of my hair from the last week....

I did bantu knots (again) after i deep conditioned my hair. here are the bantu knots, they look so uniformed. lol.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 20280_10

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 20280_11

I did a length check also! it looks like my hair is healtier and the new growth is coming in lovely...

Dont mind my Platinum Hi-light strand I got there...lol... ive been a little stressed.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 20280_12

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 20280_13
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 24th December 2009, 6:19 am

man guys! I need to get my camera fixed or get a new one soon!!! i found some more pics i took of my hair on my moms camera when i borrowed it. sooo im going to post them but some i don' t know when i did my hair!

okay this one is a bantu knot... i have no clue when i did this.. lol! i just know that it came out looking really nice and shiny and juicey!!!

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 20280_14

and this one was on the 18th. i had to go to training and stayed overnight at a hote in rancho cordova. since i was stuck in a hotel i brought all my goodies and went to town on my hair. the night before i cowashed with HEHH and a moisturizing treatment with silk elements megasilk olive oil moisturizing treatement mixed with avocado oil, tea trea oil & sweet almond oil and let that sit on my hair for a while. then i rinsed it out and put some infusium 23, water and oils mixed together leave in conditioner mix. I did my bantu knots with my shea butter mix and ecostyler gel. here are the results the next day.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 19567_10

hopefully after xmas and moving i'll be able to concentrate more on my hair and my thread!

But one thing i do know... im ready to bc. i can see my natural hair and its KILLING ME not to be able to rock it!!! But I promised a year....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th December 2009, 3:06 pm

I hope you share and visit the transitioning forum. So many ladies are having a hard time dealing with two textures. You are doing an amazing job.

Stay and be encouraged, you can do one year, you can do it, you can do it.

Loved the platinum highlight comment. I will definitely use it when my platinum highlights (with an s) come in.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 24th December 2009, 3:21 pm

Thanks! I have been in the transitiong forum a couple of times and have posted but never thought of putting all what i have in this thread.... that might be soemthing to do! LOL.

i'm trying to stay encouraged. Right now it seems like you guys are the only folks i have. My GF is already tired of me talking about my hair and my friends have no clue on what i'm talking about so i'm pretty much on my own.....

with this forum, you guys are my GO To GIRLS!

Yeah I started seeing my platinum hilites last year at the age of 27 and i was not happy... but i refuse to dye my hair so i'm just like oh well call them platinum and embrace!!! LOL
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Empty My Christmas hair!

Post by p_nuttie43 27th December 2009, 6:47 am

My Christmas hair....

So Christmas eve i stayed at my moms with my sister and my sister-in-law, Nita. She is transitioning also (actually her natural journey was featured about a month ago I believe) and she is the one who got me started on becoming a natural..... but anyways the point being me and her were in hair heaven cuz we were able to talk to each other about hair and regiments and all kinds of things!!! SO she bought Giovanni's deep condition moisturizing conditioner and told me to use it.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Fresse i have NEVER felt my hair soooo soft before!! so that is a conditioner that I will be getting ASAP!!!!!! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 678474

I Co washed with herbal essence Hello Hydration and then put the Giovanni deep conditoning moisturizing conditoner in and cowashed. I let it stay on my hair for the length of my shower and then washed out.

It was already like 12am when i got out of the shower so I just said Fudge it and did some mini bantu knots. twisting the bantu knots with my whipped shea butter mix and some ecostyler gel. wraped a silk scarf around my head and then my satin bonnet and went to sleep at 2am.

THe next morning i let the knots stay in pretty much the whole morning while we cooked the gumbo (which came out bomb!!! I took pics of just about every step!! LOL)

when i did take them out i unravelled the knots with shea butter and coconut oil. I separated the twists into 2 or 3 curls make a curlier thicker look. LOL! i had the curly fro going on. p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Icon_rr

i pulled the side up and clipped it up with a pretty clip i found in my moms drawer (she always has little things hidden around the house!)

Here is the final result ya'll..... I LOVED IT!!! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 617583

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Img_0010

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Img_0011

DAMN PART LINE WOULD NOT GO AWAY!!!!!!!

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Img_0012

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Img_0013

AND THIS IS THE WHOLE CHRISTMAS OUTFIT!!!! Granted my sister and my girl werent feelin the shoes nor the socks but ummmm... 1. we were at home, around family 2. I love weird socks and they both know that!

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Img_0110
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 29th December 2009, 1:27 am

Pretty hair, outfit, and ummm....I LOVE THE SOCKS!

---Reese p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2009, 9:59 pm

I'm with Reese--whole ensemble looks great!

Do you have a picture of the deep conditioner Giovanni's carries? Is it the 50-50 conditioner? Please do tell. Yes, I know, I am a product junkie. Conditioners are my passion.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 29th December 2009, 11:16 pm

LOL@ the socks! Tell them to leave you alone! Great job with the hair!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 31st December 2009, 5:28 am

thank you all for the compliments. I loved my hair that day. i couldn't keep my hands out of it! LOL.

chrs: i actually didn't take a pic of it BUT i know it wasn't the 50 50 one. I believe it said deep moisturizing conditioner. I'll ask her tomorrow to get clarification.

Yeah I told them to leave me alone about my socks! Told them they better be happy they matched my outfit. I"m known for wearing blue and white clothes with some lime green socks. I know...some people are product junkies... ima sock junkie!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th January 2010, 2:25 pm

well last week was such a hectic week for me!!!! well not really. LOL... we moved from one side of town to another and cleaned alot plus i got sick on new years eve (that sucked for a bit) so I did absolutely nothing to my hair. I had been walking around Fresno looking like a wooly booly mammoth. But i tried to stay indoors as much as possible.

plus with the move I misplaced half of my hair utensils! Im still looking for my jewelry!!!

So last night i took the time and did my hair considering that I had to come back to work today.

I cowashed with HEHH and then a quick deep condition with my shakai everyday conditoner mixed with jojoba and olive oil. hair came out nice and smooth.

I did some bantu knots with my shea butter mix and ecostyler and went to bed.

it came out nice today. I didn't take any pics though cuz it looks like all the other times.

I am getting tired of bantu knots so i'm gonna have to take the time to learn to do some other styles or even learn to cornroll so I can do something else. I tried to do some flat twists in my hair...HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Yeah I did 2 of them and said yeah right and took them out. LOL
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Empty Perhaps Try Bantu Knots & Flat Twists in One Style

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 5:09 pm

You can try a mix of bantu knots and flat twists. Can your GF help you with your styles, particularly parts? That is the most difficult part for me--making straight parts.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 12th January 2010, 7:07 am

This past weekend was our Sacramento chapter's annual dance. I wanted to put my hair in a frohawk but couldn't find anyone to do it and i basically ran out of time. So I had my club sister braid my hair in cornrolls straight back and i just did a braid out.

while i was taking them out, i got to the last braid and said...hmmmmm... i'm going a little punk rock so I think this may work and left the braid in.

Here are the results of my braid out on saturday night and the whole fit! I must say I was looking SMOKIN!!!

Can you see the 1 braid i left in.
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Ftmc_s10

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Ftmc_s11

I call those shoes my dorothy shoes. They look like the shoes from wizard of oz. Everyone kept saying "there's no place like home, there's no place like home" to me. LOL p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Icon_lol
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Ftmc_s12
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 12th January 2010, 7:10 am

TOnight i had to do my hair because tomorrow we are going to see Madea's big happy family! woo hooo! I didn't want to do bantu knots again so i twisted my hair and added some perm rods on the end.

I cowashed with shakai, vitamin E oil and Avacodo oil and did the twists with shea butter and lets jam (i ran out of eco styler) so we are going to have to wait till the morning for the results. Here is how i rolled my hair though....
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Ftmc_s13

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 Ftmc_s14
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 19th January 2010, 4:32 am

here is a pic of the results of my twist n curl....
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 19180_13

well the play was great. This past week i have been sooo busy. I became President of the MC club and i have been running around since then!!! with contacts, alliances, sister clubs and forms and paperwork Im threw...

THis past weekend was our founders memorial run. He was hit by a woman on Meth and died so every year around the same time he passed (jan. 4th) we do a run. I wanted to look a little nice and different so the night before (friday night) i went to the store and bought some more deep conditioning conditioner from ORS (i never tried it but i sure wanted to) and some giovanni 50:50 conditioner (I should have gotten the smooth as silk one I think) I did my hair in small bantu knots all over and here are the results the next day. I didn't want to do the same thing I always do so I tried to do my hand at flat twists. here is my rendition with a bantu knotout in the back.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 19180_12
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 19180_10

I added a flower to the side just to make it POP....

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut - Page 2 19180_11
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 1:43 pm

I like your styles especially the twists and bantu knot out.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 8th February 2010, 4:32 pm

Well Ladies.... I did the big chop... YES! This past weekend i just thew my hands up in the air and cut all my permed ends off... Now I have a Angela Davis afro.... My GF keeps asking me to throw my fist in the air and yell "fight the power!" aint that something!!!!!

I am like....wow i cant believe i did it and also like I did it!!! LOL.

what i did was cowash with hello hydration and then while my hair was wet parted it in 4 parts and then took each part and seperated and cut at the point where the permed ends and natural ends came together... it looks a little choppy but still crute!

after i was finished staring at my newly cut head in the mirror and drying the tears I deep conditioned with ORS deep penetrating conditioner added some oils and shea butter and hoped it looked better in the morning....

Sunday I cowashed with giovanni 50:50 and also totally twisted herbal essence. i put some infusium 23 in my hair as a leave in with some olive oil. A dab of ecostyler to keep the little bit of curlies i saw and moved on....

it looks nice! my friends seem to dig it and call me angela davis now... LOL.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next