CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut

+12
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
adiaha
Kea::curls
curly+kinky+fierce
HumanNature
tiashaunteƩ
ChrsLvsBks
AfrikanLatina
p_nuttie43
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Empty p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut

Post by p_nuttie43 2nd December 2009, 8:20 pm

well after days and days of reading all of your posts for Butters n Bars and seeing the winners, I've finally given in and decided to join the fun.

I don't even know where to start. Im in my 3rd month transisitoning I believe (I knowingly decided to go natural on Oct. 14th but hadnt had a perm in who knows how long before that) and I'm getting to a brick wall. I don't want to perm my hair but Im starting to get tired of my 2 textured hair. Im close to wanting to do the BC but I've promised myself I would go 1 year.... BOY OH BOY I have a long ways to go.

I'm pretty new at taking care of my hair, caring about my hair or doing anything with my hair.... i'ma lazy bone and never took care of my hair. Pony tails galore for me. SO all of this is new.. from figuring out if my hair is always dry, always moisturized, what my texture is to what products to use... so bear with me! I don't even know how to do braids! (well cornrolls)

This site along with youtube has been a GODSend and I tell any and everyone who listens to me about it and what i'm doing with my hair. Right now i'm experimenting with so much stuff and trying to get my products and a regiment in line. Sooo this should be interesting to see....

Right now, my staple protective style has been bantu knots. they are pretty easy and i can sleep on them. I want to learn how to do the flat twists and corn rolls so i'll be paying alot of attention to youtube tutorials.....

this should be fun..... LET THE LEARNING BEGIN!!!!!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Empty Re: p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 8:38 pm

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! lol I'm just kidding sis. I certainly know how you feel about working with two textures. It was so nerve racking for me that I BC'd on a whim this past Valentines Day. My nappiversary is coming up this February and I love how far I've come.

I'd love to see your bantu knots and how you do them and what products you use. Are you nervous to have short hair?
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 2nd December 2009, 9:14 pm

Here is a pic of the 1st time i've ever done bantu knots and I think they came out pretty good!

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_e16210
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_649610

I cowashed with HE Hello Hydration
then i believe i only used shea butter and then some jell. I think i had lets jam at first before I got eco styler.
i basically parted my hair, 2 strand twisted it and then wrapped it around itself.... Stuck some bobby pins in them at night, put a silk scarf on it to lay it down and then woke up in the morning. sprayed some olive oil spritz i found on it and poof. there they were. lol...

My hair is already short to me (at the top of my neck from breakage) but a total afro..... yea i was nervous and still a little but after seeing all these beautiful women with the twa and their curls.. im ready to see mine!!!!!! i sit and look at my texture and curls all the time when i wash my hair. IM MORE ANXIOUS than anything. LOL.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd December 2009, 9:17 pm

Welcome to the challenge! Let us know if you have any specific questions. The forum is a great source for all interested in having healthy natural curly hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 3rd December 2009, 2:46 pm

well its thursday and I"m on like day 4 of a bantu twist out. let me tell you guys... it looks Horrible. LOL.... whatever curls, crinks, kinks i had have been lost. Why have i not done my hair you may ask.... let me tell you a story....

Last night this is what I decided to do: Im going to come home, take a shower and throw on my Silk Elemets olive oil moisturizing treatment and mix it with some coconut oil, caster oil and some almond seed oil (you know, trying out stuff...) and then while its on my head, make some dinner of Tacos (yum)

so i go to the bathroom and get all my stuff together, take my hair down and release the tension, turn on the water and then go and make sure i have everything i need in the kitchen for dinner. i'm like by the time i get back upstairs the water will be nice and hot and steamy bathroom just like i like it.

well when i get back in the bathroom, there is NOT A LICK of steam so i'm like WTH????? check the water and its like ICE COLD. huh????? im wondering what is going on. its like going on 10 min now and our water does not take that long to get that hot.

So of course I yell to my GF about the water and if she knows whats going on or whatever. she tells me, oh yeah there was a note on the door saying that something is up with the water at the apt..... no hot water.

SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now i'm stuck with unable to do my hair.. I could have gone to my moms but by then... it was 830, Glee was coming on and i still had to cook. BUMP IT.

so now im stuck with day 4 hair looking like the bride of frankenstien. and the cold part about it. the whole time im doing all this, she's sitting on the couch watching me and doesn't say a word....

I tell you....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteĆ© 3rd December 2009, 3:36 pm

That is what I hated about apts!!! I lost count of how many times I got that "no hot water" note.
The worst was when there was no water at all and I had already smeared shampoo all over my scalp. ♫That's what friends are for...♫ I drove across town and washed my hair at my friends house.
tiashaunteƩ
tiashaunteƩ

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 3rd December 2009, 7:17 pm

I orderd some shea butter, peppermint oil and avacado oil from butters n bars today... i can't wait to get it. i'm about to be a mixing/concoction doing fool! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 879602 p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 617583
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 3rd December 2009, 9:45 pm

Yay, I'm in your conner! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Icon_wink

So happy you are taking this step. I'm still trying to figure out all the products myself. I have never been a PJ so the few things that I use I have been using them for a long time. This is the time to have fun. Experiment (well within reason). I actually just tried the bantu knots myself for the first time for Thanksgiving. I actually read about the technique after I did them so my first try was ok, I liked them because it was something new. Don't be afraid to rock hats, scarves and other hair accessories if you don't already do so.

Welcome, I'll be following your journey.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th December 2009, 2:25 pm

HumanNature wrote:Yay, I'm in your conner! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Icon_wink

So happy you are taking this step. I'm still trying to figure out all the products myself. I have never been a PJ so the few things that I use I have been using them for a long time. This is the time to have fun. Experiment (well within reason). I actually just tried the bantu knots myself for the first time for Thanksgiving. I actually read about the technique after I did them so my first try was ok, I liked them because it was something new. Don't be afraid to rock hats, scarves and other hair accessories if you don't already do so.

Welcome, I'll be following your journey.

Thanks for the support! I tell you if it wasn't for this forum and these ladies i would probably have put another perm in my hair. But i refuse!!! yeah i'm all excited about this. I think my friends and family have decided that i've gone mental because thats all I talk about now. hair and oils and treatments and hair. LOL... I know they are tired of it. I even told my mom i wanted a hand blender and some clear bottles to put stuff in for xmas... LOL!

I've never had a problem rocking hats and scarves but now I feel more "adventurous" in doing it and not caring what others say. Like today, my mom braided my hair up last night (next post!) and it wasn't as dry as i wanted it to be this morning so I threw a silk printed scarf on and matched it with a shirt. My GF says... "your gonna wear that?" and has this look on her face (ya'll know the face) I just looked at her with the response (ya'll know that face too) and told her yes.... LOL.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Empty Thanks for the Laughs

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th December 2009, 2:40 pm

[quote="p_nuttie43"]
HumanNature wrote:I've never had a problem rocking hats and scarves but now I feel more "adventurous" in doing it and not caring what others say. Like today, my mom braided my hair up last night (next post!) and it wasn't as dry as i wanted it to be this morning so I threw a silk printed scarf on and matched it with a shirt. My GF says... "your gonna wear that?" and has this look on her face (ya'll know the face) I just looked at her with the response (ya'll know that face too) and told her yes.... LOL.

ROTFLMBBO, I am glad everyone is out to lunch. I so saw the faces p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Lol I am having a coughing fit now--thanks for the laughs.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th December 2009, 3:05 pm

Okay guys... so last night I went to my moms and took a nice long shower and did a braid up (oh the water felt soooo good. Great water pressure, squeaky clean shower and scalding hot! PERFECT p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Drunken_smilie ) here's what I did:::

---------------------------------
co washed with HE HH: let it sit on my hair while i washed me body.
then rinsed out.
on towl dry hair I added silk Elements olive oil moisturizing treament with some more olive oil on my head and covered with plastic bag

-- pic 1: the product. its the one in the front
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 9121_110

-- pic 2: the product on my hair
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_eb3510

** Silk elements is not a dep condition (the instructions say to use for either 2-3 minutes or 5-7 min under low dry heat) But after going to the store for some more spaghetti noodles for my mom (thank goodness for the winter months.. you can get away with wearing a beanie on ya head) it was about 30 mins on my head.

I rinsed my hair out and added some coconut oil and my garnier frutis leave in conditioner (which i'm deciding i dont think i like...)

-- pic 3: my hair after rinsing and just the leave in and coconut oil
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_d4cb10

Then my mom was gracious enough to braid my hair up in big cornrolls using ecostyle gel and sealed my ends with my shea butter w/ coconut oil, almondseed oil, olive oil and castor oil in it (oh it smells sooo good!) she closed the ends with the yellow perm rods

Pic 4, 5, 6 & 7: my braids
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_3c7410

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_e65410

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_fcf010

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut L_6a6b10

I have palmers olive oil spray so i sprayed on the braids and coconut oil throughthe parts when i was done.
It was not fully dry this morning so I didn't unravel the braids just yet. I believe I will just leave my hair braided like this till tomorrow.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 4th December 2009, 3:06 pm

[quote="ChrsLvsBks"]
p_nuttie43 wrote:
HumanNature wrote:I've never had a problem rocking hats and scarves but now I feel more "adventurous" in doing it and not caring what others say. Like today, my mom braided my hair up last night (next post!) and it wasn't as dry as i wanted it to be this morning so I threw a silk printed scarf on and matched it with a shirt. My GF says... "your gonna wear that?" and has this look on her face (ya'll know the face) I just looked at her with the response (ya'll know that face too) and told her yes.... LOL.

ROTFLMBBO, I am glad everyone is out to lunch. I so saw the faces p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Lol I am having a coughing fit now--thanks for the laughs.

anytime... thats what I like to do.. make life enjoyable for others!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 5th December 2009, 1:23 pm

Good morning ladies! well its 8am here in California and i can't believe i'm up. especially since i stayed up till almost 3 last night! i swear this computer has a hold of me.

So last night our "kick it couple" (you know, the couple you pretty much do double dates with) called us and wanted to know if we wanted to go out. LOL... I said yes p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Icon_biggrin .

NOW the reason why i said yes is the interesting part. Usually i like to stay at home and chill. especially if i have a chance to sit on the computer and look at youtube videos all night. BUT my hair was still braided up from last night and I was REALLY ANXIOUS p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Fresse to see the results but didn't want to unbraid it unless necessary..... my thought process.. we go out, I get to see my hair! LOL so the answer was yes....went out just so i could do my hair... i think im becoming obsessive. p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Icon_geek

but i digress... I just wanted to post some pics of the braid out from the braids my mom put in. all i can say is that they came out really great!! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 678474

i unraveled the braids with my shea butter mix on my hands and then fluffed out a little and seperated some of the curls.... I must say! it came really nice for the 1st time!

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Braido10

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Braido11

after taking down and fluffing I added my castor oil & sweet almond oil mix for some shine....added some flowers in the hair for accessories and wala!!!!

it must have looked great cuz i got the ultimate compliment. ** ultimate compliment = compliment from a true gay boy or drag queen. (no offense on my words, thats what i call my bestboyfriend) p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 617583

he stopped me at the bar and said, "Honey I just had to stop and tell you I love your hair! you are rockin it" and then snapped his fingers and asked if he could touch it! LOL LOL LOL LOL. p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Lol p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Lol I swear I was dying.... SOOO ive put this stye in my arsenal of attack! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 879602

Last edited by p_nuttie43 on 5th December 2009, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th December 2009, 1:31 pm

lmao!!!! Ok #1 I am such a YouTube junkie!

#2. Now you are so right! That is the ultimate compliment when u get it from a true gay boy or drag! lol. I think they are one of the fiercest kinds of ppl on the planet and are so in touch with beauty,style,and just plain fiercenesss!!!!!! Everytime i get a compliment from one of them I am SO FLATTERED!

Im at work and cant see the actual pics of your braid out but ill be sure to check u out when i get home!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th December 2009, 9:03 pm

Your braid out is GORGEOUS. It turned out wonderfully. Your hair is healthy and shiny. Surprised
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 6th December 2009, 1:39 am

well PJ strikes again!!!!

I went to target just to kill time (bad ideal): came out with some Infusium 23 leave in conditioner
------
went to vons to get some food for dinner: came out with this natural conditoner called shikai. i got the everyday conditioner brand.
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Shikai10

ingredients: Purified water, cetearyl alcohol and cetereth-20, veggie glycerin, amla seed oil, certified, jojoba seed oil, behentrimonium chloride, amodimehicone, panthenol, guar powder, diazolidinyl urea, natural fragrance.

I see that it has a cone in it (amodimehicone) but it seemeds like a interesting product. i think im gonna add some olive oil to it and almond see oil (the smell isnt that great) to see how it works...

but i digress again: PJ is occurred... i think i might need an PJA meeting soon....
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 6th December 2009, 12:34 pm

your braid out look fab-u-lous Smile

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 7th December 2009, 4:06 pm

@ kea::curls - thank you!!!
--------------
well today I really don't have much to post on. last night i did a hot oil treatment and it made my hair pretty soft and everytime i touch it my hands look like I was eating a piece of greasy fried chicken.. LOL

I used Hot8oil mixed with, sweet almond, olive, jojoba & tea tree (too much???) Then I just did bantu knots all over cuz i was too tired to do anything especially interesting...

Found out today that a dear friend of mine's mother passed away over the weekend. i'm really distracted over that. He is such a Brother to me and i wasn't there when he needed someone so I feel bad. I feel like a horrible friend! I figure i'm going to be getting him a card today (im such a card lady.. cards for everything!)

still waiting on my shea butter, avocado oil. and peppermint oil from butters n bars. I tell you, i'm so impatient.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 7th December 2009, 4:09 pm

p_nuttie43 wrote:well PJ strikes again!!!!

I went to target just to kill time (bad ideal): came out with some Infusium 23 leave in conditioner
------
went to vons to get some food for dinner: came out with this natural conditoner called shikai. i got the everyday conditioner brand.
p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut Shikai10

ingredients: Purified water, cetearyl alcohol and cetereth-20, veggie glycerin, amla seed oil, certified, jojoba seed oil, behentrimonium chloride, amodimehicone, panthenol, guar powder, diazolidinyl urea, natural fragrance.

I see that it has a cone in it (amodimehicone) but it seemeds like a interesting product. i think im gonna add some olive oil to it and almond see oil (the smell isnt that great) to see how it works...

but i digress again: PJ is occurred... i think i might need an PJA meeting soon....

well i tried this shampoo and i love it!!!!

i cowashed my hair with HEHH first and then i washed with this and detangled. Let it sit on my hair while i cleansed myself and then rinsed out.
MAN!!!!!! my hair was soft, shiny and when i ran a comb through it with NO PRODUCT in it, it slid right through.

This Conditioner right here!!!! Has become a staple.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 7th December 2009, 11:34 pm

Peanut, your twist out is very cute. Yay, two snaps and a twist!!!!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 8th December 2009, 6:35 pm

well guys half the day is over and iv been very productive on being unproductive at work. im so tired and just don't know why....

I didnt do my hair last night because it did it sunday night but now its time to do it gain.

my delimma... i haven't been able to figure out how to keep your hair looking okay the next day. my curls always end up being flat and smooshed. I don' tknow......

today was not a good day.
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 9th December 2009, 3:36 am

here are pics of my moms hair. She has NEVER had a perm in her hair but never really did anything with it. But with the Kinky Curly Custard that I traded on the product swap thread she has pretty hair.

we just have to work on the length and the thickness....

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut My_pic10

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut My_pic11

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut My_pic12

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut My_pic13
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by p_nuttie43 14th December 2009, 5:19 pm

p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 678474 So I got my butters n bars shea butter, avocado oil and peppermint oil in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! p_nuttie43: Call me Peanut 617583

ima about to be a concocting fool!!!!!!!!!!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 14th December 2009, 5:26 pm

Yay, your moms hair looks GREAT! Tell her to keep on keepin' on.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 14th December 2009, 7:14 pm

I like your mom's hair, especially the color. Is that a rinse or permanent hair color?
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next