CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

+104
Muz
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
Onebyd42
tiashaunteƩ
KeetaRay
DivaDreamgirl
missmoriah
Kea::curls
Karyn
natchralme
nmoultry
coilykinks
LadyMika
juicypeach
atangledmess
AfrikanLatina
AfricanaCurly
j. kinky
jaybella
justicenga
DreamMerchant
mslys09
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
curl_Gurl
jlowman1
CocoEuro
SpringCurls
misskris
Fleur
Nikcoils
pie
predestined010
FalconTress
Renny
jeanlouisangel
bholmes87
Butterfly125
Sebastain13
MissyCee
NhappyJackie
Freestyles
funkyhairchic
.:Eden:.
crimsonpeach
summerbreeze76
Umph
dajewel
mrsmackey
nattyblog
FemmeFox
Smooth Jazz Luvr
newcurlieque
CrissyQ
CurlyNMixed
MsJay1121
Cherry: extraordinary!
PaganWifey
mstokes2008
mizcreativelyme
CocaColaCutie
thetiffany
rayray19
naturallychelsea
naturallynola
LaToya28
freckledmom4
DvaAuNaturel
exhale1913
poeticlyspkng
QuietButterfly
cyclingchick
kinksncurls
Ebbz
curlya
Ladybug83
oooop2
KinkyNappyHappy
kim
MomnWife
Thinice
Buttercup76
xtremelyperfect
priceless
ChrsLvsBks
Notthecoolmom
SheeTacular
TheRYL1
BlondeByDesire
queenshakirah
BrownSkinDiva
Treece
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
krazy coils
wyldhoney
Intelligentbeauty
fanmnatirel
NubieNatty
iri9109
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
CurlyChefRobin
deeply_rooted_chick
Lynnieluve
108 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

Post by sweetdrk1 10th October 2010, 7:08 pm

14 months already..I stopped counting! Lol! Congrats! You are doing a fantastic job with your hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Empty Re: :: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics...

Post by Juices-n-Berries 10th October 2010, 11:39 pm

Sooo it's not just me then with the length awkwardness and the impatience. Phew. I thought I was alone. And this is exactly what I've been missing by not being here, support through shared experiences. I'm sorry you're going through it too, but at least we're all going through it together. Wink
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th October 2010, 8:03 am

Lynnieluve wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:Hey Lynn, How are you?
Your hair is growing nicely. Destiny is in that awkward stage too. Rolling Eyes
Congrats on 14 months natural afro .
Mini twists (sigh) One day I will attempt this style.... Laughing

BTW, I saw your post at Chrs's residence, you said you needed a stronger protein tx. What have you been seeing as your hair grows out? Is it very soft and fragile?
I have been adding egg to my pre poo mix of brahmi, maka, AOHSR, vatikaki oil. I am going to look into AO protein conish, though.

Hey IB!!! I'm good!! And thanks!!

I am still trying to figure out what a normal amount of shedding is for me. I would like to see less Laughing. First I was using Giovanni SAS as deep conditioner/protein treatment but I soon figured out the amount of protein in there wasnt enough. So I decided to use it every time I washed to see if I noticed a difference in shedding and I didnt. Now, I am looking for something stronger. I tried AO GPB conditioner twice, two different ways (pre poo and deep conditioning with heat). It's still too early to say if I noticed a difference yet. I am looking for a store bought protein treatment that I can see instant results with like I did when I was relaxed. I am being cautious though because Roxie acts funny with proteins.

As my hair grows out, I am starting to get impatient with Roxie. I have to constantly tell/remind myself to be gentle....especially when detangling in the back where all the "O" shaped curls are. My hair is so THICK too. Shocked I've tried the Rosa Parks roll (I wonder what ever happened to FreeStyles Crying or Very sad) and Roxie just chews those bobby pins up and spits them out Laughing Roxie says, "CANT NOBODY HOLD ME DOWN, OH NO!!" No I have been looking desperately for some quick and easy protective styles....sigh

lol! at the bolded comment lol!
Maybe you are just in a shedding phase, extended shedding phase. But I have read that black tea rinse helps with shedding. Talk to Chrs about it.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th October 2010, 10:51 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:Sooo it's not just me then with the length awkwardness and the impatience. Phew. I thought I was alone. And this is exactly what I've been missing by not being here, support through shared experiences. I'm sorry you're going through it too, but at least we're all going through it together. Wink

"You are not alone. I am here with you. Though you're fair away. I understand today!" LOL!!!! Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th October 2010, 4:57 pm

I received my new blow dryer yesterday and the flat iron today!!! I love getting packages in the mail. Very Happy I'm expecting 3 more packages any day now...

Still waiting on

Black Jamaican Castor Oil
Earrings from NluvwGod on Youtube - BreeUnique
Non-hair related - Otterbox (color=red) for my cellphone
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 14th October 2010, 5:15 pm

When are you going to flat iron your hair? I'm doing mine next week!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th October 2010, 8:26 pm

I may do mine next week too. Not sure yet. I have to purchase a heat protectant. I think I am gonna go with Silk Elements.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 14th October 2010, 10:55 pm

Your hair looks great! I love the mini twists too, but I think that requires a ton of patience. D:
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 14th October 2010, 11:05 pm

Thanks Treece and yes! Spending 6 hrs on your hair takes patience.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 15th October 2010, 10:56 am

Lynnie, I def want to see your flat iron results. Your hair has grown so beautifully!!! Have a great weekend Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 15th October 2010, 11:15 am

hey lynnie! i've missed quite a few pages of your journal so forgive me if you've already posted about this but...have you tried henna? it has almost completely eliminated shedding and breakage for me.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th October 2010, 11:43 am

Hey Lynnie,

Don't you just love getting new stuff in the mail Smile . Can't wait to see your hair flatironed because it has really grown. I bought a hair dryer from Sally's this week so I will probably do a blow out on my hair next weekend. Also Sally's has the Silk Elements on sale for $4.99 if you're planning to use that heat protectant.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 16th October 2010, 9:13 am

I need a new blow dryer as well - which brand and type did you purchase? I purchased a Maxiglide and Sedu a couple years ago that I have yet to use on my hair.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 16th October 2010, 10:01 am

Ooo I can't wait to see Roxie flat ironed! bounce
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 16th October 2010, 2:38 pm

I don't know if Lynn should flat iron, that would definitely cause some dangerous levels of fabulousness up in here!

wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th October 2010, 3:57 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:Lynnie, I def want to see your flat iron results. Your hair has grown so beautifully!!! Have a great weekend Smile

Thanks!!

queenshakirah wrote:hey lynnie! i've missed quite a few pages of your journal so forgive me if you've already posted about this but...have you tried henna? it has almost completely eliminated shedding and breakage for me.

I havent tried henna but I do have some cassia I have not used yet.

krazy coils wrote:Hey Lynnie,

Don't you just love getting new stuff in the mail Smile . Can't wait to see your hair flatironed because it has really grown. I bought a hair dryer from Sally's this week so I will probably do a blow out on my hair next weekend. Also Sally's has the Silk Elements on sale for $4.99 if you're planning to use that heat protectant.

Thanks!! I am gonna hit up Sally's today!

BlondeByDesire wrote:I need a new blow dryer as well - which brand and type did you purchase? I purchased a Maxiglide and Sedu a couple years ago that I have yet to use on my hair.

I have a Vidal Sasson 1875 Ionic. I purchased it on Amazon.com They have free shipping on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I think scratch

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ooo I can't wait to see Roxie flat ironed! bounce

Smile

wyldhoney wrote:I don't know if Lynn should flat iron, that would definitely cause some dangerous levels of fabulousness up in here!

When I first read this, I was like huh? until I got to the end of the sentence. Laughing
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th October 2010, 10:41 pm

I can't wait to see Roxie flat-ironed! Very Happy

I went to Sally's this week with Yaki Girl (my daughter)...to check out HAIR prices (no comment)...but I was strong...I bought nothing! dance
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th October 2010, 10:58 pm

ooooooh i cant wait to see HOW u have patience to flat iron myself. i got the IC fanny heat protectant for like $3, i figure im not gonna use heat that much to spend alot.

i wanted to flat iron last week til i realized **looking around** i have NO idea where my flat iron/curler box is Shocked now i gotta start fresh and im not investing in expensive ones cuz i dnt expect to have longer hair No
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th October 2010, 11:14 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:I can't wait to see Roxie flat-ironed! Very Happy

I went to Sally's this week with Yaki Girl (my daughter)...to check out HAIR prices (no comment)...but I was strong...I bought nothing! :: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 617583

Laughing

NubieNatty wrote:ooooooh i cant wait to see HOW u have patience to flat iron myself. i got the IC fanny heat protectant for like $3, i figure im not gonna use heat that much to spend alot.

i wanted to flat iron last week til i realized **looking around** i have NO idea where my flat iron/curler box is Shocked now i gotta start fresh and im not investing in expensive ones cuz i dnt expect to have longer hair No

The flat iron I got was $20. I dont plan on using it often. Plus, I just cant spend over $100 on a flat iron. I didnt even own one when I was a permie.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 16th October 2010, 11:31 pm

i was just lookin at one for $20 at target! the skinny one inch ones seem to be popular. those CHI's can kiss my azz for over $80. even as a permie i got the cheap flat irons plates!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th October 2010, 11:34 pm

NubieNatty wrote:i was just lookin at one for $20 at target! the skinny one inch ones seem to be popular. those CHI's can kiss my azz for over $80. even as a permie i got the cheap flat irons plates!

I got the one Westndnbeautyy suggested on her blog. She did a comparison of her $250 flat iron to the $20 flat iron. She said if the expensive one breaks, she wouldnt purchase it again.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th October 2010, 8:10 am

Lynn, you buying flat irons?........... Wink
Well, I can't wait to see your straight look. I think it will look pretty (but you will miss the curly... Laughing )
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 19th October 2010, 6:46 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ooo I can't wait to see Roxie flat ironed! bounce

wyldhoney wrote:I don't know if Lynn should flat iron, that would definitely cause some dangerous levels of fabulousness up in here!

I totally agree with both. I'm sure you will have great results.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th October 2010, 9:02 pm

Weekly Update:

After keeping my mini twist in for 11 days (new record) and wearing a twist out 2 days (total of 13 days), I washed Roxie on Sunday. My twist out still looked great but my scalp was nasty Embarassed.

Here is a pic of my twist on day 9...

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Img_6011

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Img_6012

I didnt get a close up pic of my twist out but here is a pic a I took Saturday after my 5k. I got to meet this season's Biggest Loser contestant, Patrick House, from MS. (If you are friends with me on FB, you can see a closer pic - check my mobile uploads album)

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Bigges11

Sunday was WASH day...

Shampoo - Taliah Waajid Shampoo
Detangle/Conditioned - Giovanni SAS
Deep conditioned with heat for 30 mins with homemade moisturizing conditioner
Applied modified Kimmaytube leave in conditioner and sealed with Shikakai oil

I put my hair in braids to air dry overnight.

Monday, I put small/medium two strand twist in the front and finished the back today using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and Ecocustard.

Here are pics...

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Img_6013

:: Lynnieluve :: Mini twist pics... - Page 2 Img_6014

My First 5k

My first 5k was this past Saturday and it was great!!! I didnt run the entire time but I was proud of myself. I ended up running about 85% of the time.

I overdressed for the run. That morning it was in the upper 40s so I wore a jacket but by 9:30am (when the walk started) it had warmed up to the 60s. So during the run I took my jacket off and tied it around my waist. I ended up having to keep adjusting it so it wouldn't fall off. Then I had my cell phone in one hand (I could no longer keep it in my jacket pocket) and a bottle water in the other hand. I just had too much going on. Imagine this, running, adjusting my jacket, making sure I dont drop my iphone, wondering if my keys are gonna come out of my bra, holding on to a bottle water. No

With all that said, I still dont know if I would have run the entire time but I sure think I would have had a better chance of it. Laughing I plan to do another as soon as possible.

The Adventures of Potty Training

Everything is going so well. He is telling me he has to potty more and more each day. My plan is to go to underwear only at the first of the year!!

School Days

School for my lil man is going GREAT!!! He is not a social butterfly yet but he is showing interest in other children his age which is AWESOME!!! Razz

That's all for now!!! Later curlies!!!

Last edited by Lynnieluve on 19th October 2010, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom 19th October 2010, 10:25 pm

5k wow...you're doing it...I'm saving for a tricycle (yes for myself)...we may get little bit one for Christmas, but that will be my exercise. I'm hoping it will be better on my hips.

Little man in school and going potty cheers I'm sure you are a proud mama
Notthecoolmom
Notthecoolmom

https://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next