CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo!

+15
LaToya28
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Cnicoles6
nattyblog
Nikcoils
priceless
KeAnia
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
cyclingchick
jlowman1
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
jaybella
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Empty Jaybella: DIY Accessories Mini Haul (MORE PICS TO COME)

Post by jaybella 8th August 2010, 11:31 am

Hey guys!

I am not new to the online world of hair and CurlyNikki, but I am new to the CN forums. I have been lurking and even commenting on a couple of posts here and there. I already have a blog, but as we all know that can be a little hard to get followers, so I am starting this as an extension to my blog.

I BC'd about a year ago and I couldn't be happier! I have learned how to take care of my hair and in turn that has allowed me to take care of me as well. My transition went horribly (LOL) but so far the journey has been smooth with only a couple of bumps in the road.

That is all I have for now, so unto pictures!:

The BC
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Naturalhair044-vi

Around Six Months (sorry for the crappy pic)
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! IMG000260-vi

Ten Months
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Naturalhair011-vi

One Year!
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Naturalhair053-vi
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! NaturalHairAnniversaryStrip-vi

Today
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Randompicsminolta076-vi

So there you have it! Smile
Oh, I have been thinking about moving my pics to another site besides Fotki, just have to get around to doing it! Smile So if the links go down it is because I have moved the pics around! ^_^

Last edited by jaybella on 14th August 2010, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Empty Re: Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo!

Post by CrissyQ 8th August 2010, 11:40 am

welcome
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Empty Re: Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo!

Post by sweetdrk1 8th August 2010, 11:48 am

welcome!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 8th August 2010, 2:37 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 8th August 2010, 3:59 pm

Welcome! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 8th August 2010, 7:29 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 11:44 pm

Hi Jaybella

Welcome to Curl Street!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 10th August 2010, 11:00 am

Hey guys thanks for the welcome. I am trying to be proactive and find a moisturizer that works for my hair during the winter months. Last winter didn't work out too well, so I was stuck with dry hair and breakage. This time I want to get it right. So, I am wondering what you guys use for moisturizers in the winter?

I was thinking of trying out some qhemet products so if any of you guys have reviews on those, that would be fabulous! Smile
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 10th August 2010, 12:26 pm

I am a Qhemet's fan and I love the Amla and Olive heavy cream in the winter. It is heavy and very moisturizing and it also has multiple uses. I not only use it to twist or braid my hair but if my hair is feeling really dry I use it as an overnight DT. This and castor oil were my main two staples when it was extremely cold to protect my hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Empty Jaybella: SPLIT ENDS! :(

Post by jaybella 12th August 2010, 12:14 am

Thanks krazy coils. I think I may try the 2oz bottle that is around $5 to see if I like it, but from what I have been reading, I am pretty sure I will like it.

Onto to other things, I have noticed more splits in my hair lately and I think it may be a result of snapping SSK out. I am trying to get out of this habit (an the habit of keeping my hands in my hair) but its hard. lol.I have already tried to dust/trim my ends, but apparently that didn't work to well. So I am going to try and up my moisture a bit and use a little more protective styling. Smile
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 14th August 2010, 11:20 am

So I believe the purpose of blogs and this journal is to get you into what is going on with my hair right? lol. I posted this new blog about how I use my thick oils. This isn't to persuade anyone to use my process, just showing how I handle my hair. Feel free to comment the blog or just do it here.

Tomorrow is wash day, so I may just make a video that SHOWS the process rather than explaining it in words. I think for tomorrow's style I am just going to do some cornrows in the front (or maybe two large braided headbands) and my fro out in the back. I move into school on Monday (SENIOR YEAR! dance ) and start classes Wednesday, plus it is going to be HOT monday! I don't want to have to deal with my hair all that week, so I am keepin' it simple. LOL. I will be sure to post pics when I get the chance.

How do you ladies use thick oils (olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc)?
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 14th August 2010, 11:52 pm

Ladies! I got the crafty bug today after my first post and decided to make a headband, some earrings, and an anklet. I went a a small jewelry making haul at Wal-Mart and just bought an iron on appliques and beads that were a dollar. My sister bought me a jewelry making kit for my bday and I finally got around to using it. I just got done with the earrings and anklet, so I will try to post pics tomorrow. But I got a chance to take pics of the headband.

Check it out!:
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! 4891371413_8ebeaba89c_z
Applique Headband by lucidbeautyy, on Flickr

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! 4891967692_71917b4b8d_z
Applique Headband w/ Model by lucidbeautyy, on Flickr
(the model is my sister, lol)

There are more pictures in my Flickr account, which you guys can access here. Every now and then I get in the mood to create.
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 15th August 2010, 1:22 am

Hi and Welcome Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Icon_cheers
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 16th August 2010, 3:11 pm

that is cute
welcome
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 16th August 2010, 9:12 pm

cute headband and welcome!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 23rd August 2010, 5:16 pm

Last night I did a blow out on my hair, but of course it being SC humidity my hair became an afro within ten minutes of being outside. I LOOVED how my hair turned out and I am kind of sad that I don't have pics (my camera battery died before I moved into school and I just got around to charging it today!)

So what I did:
Wash/conditioned my hair (in 4 sections of course)
Applied leave in to those sections
Spray heat protectant/bowdried hair
Braided those four sections into about 5-6 sections of braids
Waited for it to dry and unbraided for a braidout.

These are the results: (sorry there is only one pic, but I have been busy this past week!)
Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Naturalhairaugust24003-vi

My hair first came out puffy and big, but as a I said before, my hair shrank.

I just thought I would give your guys and update! Hope all is wel.
Keep it Nappy!
J.

Last edited by jaybella on 24th August 2010, 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add picture)
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 24th August 2010, 8:40 pm

Your hair looks cute. Smile
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 24th August 2010, 10:05 pm

Love the headband!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 25th August 2010, 12:38 am

Love the headband! I'm about to catch the diy bug myself. I need more flowers.
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 17th December 2010, 12:57 am

It's been a while since I have been on here. Been lurkin' in the corner mainly in the blog area...but I am back! lol. Being a senior in college is no joke btw!

Since the last time I posted on here not much has changed. I delved more into protective styles and was able to finally get my hair into a bun (had to braid it first, naturally). I have upped my moisture and sealing. My ends look great. My hair looks and feels healthy. Here are some updated pics:

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! IMG000351-vi

Braids that were in for 3 weeks

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! IMG000357-vi

THE BUN! Smile

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! Naturalhairandmiscpics044-vi

Updo

...but I can't shake these split ends for nothing.

Regular splits, incomplete splits, three way splits! You name it...it is on my head! I really don't want to cut it...No

Tomorrow I am going to get some cocoa butter and olive oil so I can try to make a hair butter for myself. *sigh*
J.
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 17th December 2010, 9:16 pm

Today I kind of made my own moisturizer. I don't have any money for the moisturizer I had been using so I decided to improvise.

I grabbed an empty tub of Hollywood Beauty Olive Creme and filled that with Hello Hydration Conditioner, 2 spoonfuls of EVOO, and 2 spoonfuls of Coconut Oil. Then I braided my hair into about 20 braids (give or take) and those are air drying as I am typing this.

In the past when I put conditioner in my hair I would slap it on thick and it would make my hair feel icky. This time around I just used a tiny amount before I started to braid and my hair feels really nice and soft. I won't be using it every day probably because I don't want a ton of build-up. Maybe every other day? Idk. I am going to see how this works for me for the time being since I am broke and don't want to put it to waste.

As for my protective style...I am going to try a Cinna-Bun tomorrow! Smile There will be pictures so don't worry! Hopefully I have enough length.

I know some people don't like to leave conditioner in there hair, but I wanna know:

How do you ladies feel about leaving conditioner in your hair?

J.
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th December 2010, 9:25 pm

I personally like to use conditioners the way they were intended but if it works for you, then go for!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 17th December 2010, 9:31 pm

I tend to leave some conditioner in...usually duing my final rinse after washing, but sometimes I also mix a bit into my "homemade spritz." So I guess I just leave in conditioner when it's diluted. To date, I haven't noticed any damage due to leaving conditioner in but you never know...
--Reese afro
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 20th December 2010, 2:03 pm

I finally was able to get some pics of my cinnabun! Smile

It was relatively easy. I am trying to stay away from the use of heat (blow drying), which may also be a cause of the splits. I did this on Saturday and today I had to re-do them because some of them came out. I just put a little olive oil on my ends and re-did them.

In the pictures they look kind of messy to me, but in person they look pretty neat. Either way I am happy with the way they came out.

So here are the pics:

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! 5277819722_eed7393fe4_b

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! 5277818658_f63c8f85ed_b

Jaybella: Interesting Article on Yahoo! 5277206177_253ff1c64f_b

I may use this as my easy 'go to' protective style. I plan to wear this until Friday, wash and deep condition, and re-do. Smile

Happy Holidays ladies,
J.
jaybella
jaybella

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st December 2010, 11:23 am

Love your cinnabun...I did this style once, and I loved it!! OBTW....I only leave conditioner in my hair if it is a leave-in conditioner.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next