CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane Curly

+18
Treece
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
KeAnia
ChrsLvsBks
queenshakirah
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
QuietButterfly
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
nattyblog
krazy coils
Hurricane Curly
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Empty Re: Hurricane Curly

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th October 2010, 8:34 am

Hey HurricaneC...

Where have you been, and what are you doing with all of that beautiful hair of yours?

Stopping by to say hi! **waving**

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 21st October 2010, 11:12 pm

Hey CN Family,

Sorry I've been away so long my computer was down and it took me a moment to get it repaired. Then I had so much catching up to do. But none the less all is well.

First let me say thank you @ Freckledmom4, @DvaAuNaturel, and @ Swoodward. Thanks for the compliments. I do love my wng and it is easy breezy to do and maintain. @ CocaColaCutie yeah the twist is a fun style and I love it when it morphs into my curly fro.

@CocaColaCutie and ChrLvsBks it was great see you both at the last meet up can't wait until CNDC has a meet up. I think on Nov. 20th (I think that's what I read). I hope we have a great turn out.

@TheRyl1 and @KinkyNappyHappy, ladies thanks so much for stopping by. I love dropping by your neighborhoods.

Well family I have finally named my hair. Hence forth and forever more she will be known as STELLA. Why Stella.... you guessed it .... because she finally has her groove back run

When I a started transitioning I used lots of different things to help me, wigs, tracks, and the almight heat Embarassed. Because of this, I had lots of heat damage and dumb me didn't know this. ....I know, How could I not know... Let's just say DENIAL!!!!!. So I used every kind of curly pudding, styling gel, and mousse(?), I could find. I could make it work but it the ends seemed stringy and thin and they were. Way to much forehead showing through my hair. Then I was having mad shedding but in reality it was BREAKAGE!!!!!!!! So I took the leap of faith thanks to DvaAuNaturel ( such and inspiration) I pick up the scissors and wacked awwwwwaaaaayyyy.

See the pics below. Now, all I need to twist my hair is soaking wet hair. I still do my regimen low poo, condition, DC, kimmaytube leaving, and seal with shea butter and it last a week. woot!

This my twist on 3 day hair. To preserve the style I retwist using chucky twist,
[img][/img]

Last edited by Hurricane Curly on 21st October 2010, 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 21st October 2010, 11:17 pm

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Img_1512

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Img_1513

Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 21st October 2010, 11:21 pm

But this is what I really want to show you. LOOK WHAT I GOT!!!

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Img_1514

It's been great so far. I have used it 3 times and each time my hair gets better and better. It is really soft and the first time I used it I thought I didn't get my conditioner out of my hair because it felt so soft. The only thing I wish is that .... I wish the hood was deeper. But, it works great.

Last edited by Hurricane Curly on 21st October 2010, 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 21st October 2010, 11:43 pm

So some of you may know I am tranisitioning my daughter's hair. It has been one whole year as of this month so to celebrate I twisted her hair. We still have a little bit to trim off but I promised her I would not cut any more until January and that will be that last cut. I think it turned out great. She has been really patient sometimes frustrated but patient overall

Here's my handiwork!! She is so motivated by everyone on CN and she has even come to a couple of meet ups. So she has seen beautiful, smart intelligent women being their true authentic selves and she want to be like that so THANKS EVERYONE !!!!! Very Happy

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 2010-012
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 22nd October 2010, 9:44 pm

so cute!!!! She is very pretty!

I love your twist out. It looks like it's in great shape. You have lovely hair.

Can I ask where you got your steamer and how much? (a ballpark number is fine).

swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 22nd October 2010, 9:59 pm

swoodward wrote:so cute!!!! She is very pretty!

I love your twist out. It looks like it's in great shape. You have lovely hair.

Can I ask where you got your steamer and how much? (a ballpark number is fine).

Thanks for stopping by. I got my steamer from http://www.behuetiful.com/store/.
I paid full price $114.95 but shipping was free. I did save for it. I haven't bought any over the top priced products in the last four months, no Miss Jessie or Kincky Kurly. I'll let you know how I feel about it in another couple of months, but right now I really like it. My next investment, around Christmas time, will be a Bullet blender. Which will be specifically for blending product So, I can mix up my own concoctions.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 22nd October 2010, 10:23 pm

thanks!!! I have been thinking about one of these after reading about ChrsLvsBks' experience.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd October 2010, 10:10 am

Hey HurricaneC...

I have an appointment to get my damaged ends cut next week. Don't want to deal with the shock or the shortness I may lose an 1in to 1 1/2 so I'm going to rock Kinky Twist from now until January. (If I can stand it)

Anyway...love your hair, and your daughter is beautiful. I like the fact that you are helping her embrace her natural hair by taking her to meet-ups. That is what she needs to see...positive naturals that are embracing and encouraging each other.

So..thanks for posting the steamer, and the link. There is one for sale in the product swap forum, but I think I may just invest in a new one.

Oh...so did you sit under the steamer with conditioner or with your deep conditioner? I think that is what Chrs does...

Table top?? AWESOME!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd October 2010, 12:43 pm

Hurricane Curly wrote:So some of you may know I am tranisitioning my daughter's hair. It has been one whole year as of this month so to celebrate I twisted her hair. We still have a little bit to trim off but I promised her I would not cut any more until January and that will be that last cut. I think it turned out great. She has been really patient sometimes frustrated but patient overall

Here's my handiwork!! She is so motivated by everyone on CN and she has even come to a couple of meet ups. So she has seen beautiful, smart intelligent women being their true authentic selves and she want to be like that so THANKS EVERYONE !!!!! Very Happy

Your post made me feel GOOD! It's a beautiful thang...keep doin what you doin! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 23rd October 2010, 8:43 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey HurricaneC...

I have an appointment to get my damaged ends cut next week. Don't want to deal with the shock or the shortness I may lose an 1in to 1 1/2 so I'm going to rock Kinky Twist from now until January. (If I can stand it)

Anyway...love your hair, and your daughter is beautiful. I like the fact that you are helping her embrace her natural hair by taking her to meet-ups. That is what she needs to see...positive naturals that are embracing and encouraging each other.

So..thanks for posting the steamer, and the link. There is one for sale in the product swap forum, but I think I may just invest in a new one.

Oh...so did you sit under the steamer with conditioner or with your deep conditioner? I think that is what Chrs does...

Table top?? AWESOME!!

Hey KNH
Glad you stopped by!!! You know how kids are....they do nothing we say and everything we do...That's my young'n.

With the steamer, I have tried it both ways. The first time I used my deep conditioner. I used hair mayonaisse by ORS and it turned out super soft. The next time I wanted to see how "STELLA" would fair using kimmaytube's leave and it turned out soft not as soft as with the hair mayo but still nice and soft and really BIG and FuLL. So BIG and FULL I sported a wng. The last time I used it I knew I was going to do twists so I used the hair mayo. So, either way I was really happy with the results.

Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 23rd October 2010, 9:00 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
Hurricane Curly wrote:So some of you may know I am tranisitioning my daughter's hair. It has been one whole year as of this month so to celebrate I twisted her hair. We still have a little bit to trim off but I promised her I would not cut any more until January and that will be that last cut. I think it turned out great. She has been really patient sometimes frustrated but patient overall

Your post made me feel GOOD! It's a beautiful thang...keep doin what you doin! cheers

Hey TR1
I'm glad. You know we have to support each other.... and, I mean this with all sincerity, I am so glad I have you all because when you go against the grain a sister needs some support!! Very Happy. I tell my kids all the time being brave ain't easy so start with the little things. Turn the light off, stand up to the bully, and don't be afraid to be you, express yourself afro lol! but it sure helps when you're doing all that you know you have someone in your corner. CN is part of my corner woot!
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd October 2010, 9:45 pm

u can get the bullet blender at macy's for $20 when u catch em on sale!

i loooooove yall hair and congrats to lil hurricane for stickin it out for a whole year Very Happy thats really BIIIIG and she better get ready cuz them lil girls are gonna be sooo jealous. while they spending $80 for straw twist she can DIY em at home n get the same results from a twist out...TAKE THAT!!

cant wait to see u again and good job on cuttin the heat damage. i was just thinkin of the huetiful steamer the other day. im just debatin on alot of things cuz im still iffy on lettin my hair grow scratch
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 23rd October 2010, 10:08 pm

NubieNatty wrote:u can get the bullet blender at macy's for $20 when u catch em on sale!

i loooooove yall hair and congrats to lil hurricane for stickin it out for a whole year Very Happy thats really BIIIIG and she better get ready cuz them lil girls are gonna be sooo jealous. while they spending $80 for straw twist she can DIY em at home n get the same results from a twist out...TAKE THAT!!

cant wait to see u again and good job on cuttin the heat damage. i was just thinkin of the huetiful steamer the other day. im just debatin on alot of things cuz im still iffy on lettin my hair grow scratch

Hey Nubie,
You know DvaAuNaturel gave me a lot of insight when she big chopped for the 2nd time. So I had to say to my self is it about the length or is it about the health of my hair. Once I said it's about the health of my hair then things became clearer. Now I want a length that looks good on me .APL hair would probably make me look a little older than I want to look or claim to be (LOL) If you're considering the steamer I suggest get it because you want to improve the health of your hair. But, I think your hair looks great I love your avi and your blows are on point.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:15 am

So I've check out the steamer, and visited their FB page. I'm sold. This is going to be my Christmas gift to myself. Going to save for it in November and try and get it the first week in December.

Thanks again for sharing the link.

I with you on healthy hair vs length. Getting my ends cut today.. affraid but I know it will be worth it in the end. Now I can focus on healthy hair (now I know how to somewhat take care of my hair) and length retention. APL stretched would be nice... Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 28th October 2010, 10:22 pm

Hey KNH,

Definitely a great gift for yourself . santa How did your salon visit go?? When you get a chance please share pics. Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th October 2010, 12:10 am

Hey HC...

Salon visit was interesting. I was so worked up...LOL I posted pictures in my thread!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th November 2010, 11:05 am

Hi HC,
First, I love the definition in your twist out. Second, your daughters hair is lovely. How much longer do you think she will transition for? It's been 14 months since my daughter's last texturizer. I think we have trimmed just about all of the processed ends away. Lastly, I'm so excited for you with your new steamer. I have had my eye on it for a while, but I am going to have to hold off for a while longer. Enjoy yours for the both of us.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th November 2010, 11:09 am

Hello!!

I can't believe this is my first visit to your spot, because I have seen and admired that lovely mane of yours for such a long time! I love your story and will be around more often. I love that steamer that you have...I have it on my wish list.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th November 2010, 12:42 am

freckledmom4 wrote:Hi HC,
First, I love the definition in your twist out. Second, your daughters hair is lovely. How much longer do you think she will transition for? It's been 14 months since my daughter's last texturizer. I think we have trimmed just about all of the processed ends away. Lastly, I'm so excited for you with your new steamer. I have had my eye on it for a while, but I am going to have to hold off for a while longer. Enjoy yours for the both of us.

Hi Freckledmom4,

Thanks for stopping by. I think by January she will be 100% natural. She only has an inch or so to trim off. She can't wait, she already told me wants to do a twist out or a wng. LOL! She is so funny Razz
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th November 2010, 12:50 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hello!!

I can't believe this is my first visit to your spot, because I have seen and admired that lovely mane of yours for such a long time! I love your story and will be around more often. I love that steamer that you have...I have it on my wish list.

Hey Girl,

Thanks for coming by! I love your color! It is really popping!!! .... BTW your avi is very creative Idea
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 5th November 2010, 12:22 pm

Hi Curly! I love the curls/waves from your twists, and 3 day hair too!?

Congrats on getting your daughter in the process too and obviously she's already excited for a WnG! Glad to know she's not just grumping through it but I guess she has a momma for a good role model. Very Happy
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 7th November 2010, 9:56 pm

Hi Treece,

Thanks for the nice words. sunny
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 8th November 2010, 12:20 pm

just stopping by to say hi! hope all is well!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 3rd January 2011, 10:52 pm

Hi CN Family,

I know... I know I've been missing in action. First let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Things have been so hetic.... Let me get you caught up. My daughter was tripping the light fantastic in a production of the Nutcracker, and taking swim classes. My son kept me busy with music lessons and making sure he didn't fall behind in his school work.
And, I had to finish up two classes...Some of you might know I'm working on my doctorate in curriculum and instruction. The classes are not hard just a Hellava lot of WORK!! With everything I was committed to, I just had very little time to breathe, but all is well.

I have missed so much, I see all the updated photos and everyone is looking good!! Back in November (I think) I proclaimed I was going to lose 15 pounds well..... I gained 10. I can't believe that happened, but I am happy to say I have lost 5 of those pounds. No magic bullet unfortunately... just truly watching what I eat and exercise. So hopefully I'm on the right track now and I'm trying to be consistent but it is so hard. Everyday there seems to be something to distract me. Like today! I did get my morning work out in but this afternoon went right out the window when I had to take my husband to pick up the truck, then run to the store, and then help with homework. I was beat. So I will try again tomorrow.

In hair news flower Things are going pretty good. The cold weather is brutal though. My sealant has been strickly shea butter. If not...dry itchy scalp wins everytime. I did straighten my hair for a change up and a trim. It got pretty funny because my coworkers didn't recognize me until they saw my face. I could see every looking through the window of my classroom but didn't figure out why until a coworker came in and said in a very professional tone "Good Morning"... and I looked up and she said "oh it you girl I didn't recognize you". She then said "we all were wondering who was sitting in here". We laughed Razz Here's a pic

Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Img_1512

But now I'm back to my normal self
Hurricane Curly - Page 3 Img_1610

Be easy and breezie! Chat with you soon Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next