CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricane Curly

+18
Treece
sweetdrk1
KinkyNappyHappy
TheRYL1
NubieNatty
swoodward
DvaAuNaturel
KeAnia
ChrsLvsBks
queenshakirah
CocaColaCutie
SheeTacular
QuietButterfly
CrissyQ
freckledmom4
nattyblog
krazy coils
Hurricane Curly
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Empty Trying to preserve my twists

Post by Hurricane Curly 29th August 2010, 12:15 am

This week I wore my hair in twists. My goal was to preserve the style as long as possible. This is really hard because my hair is thin in spots and I have to be very careful not to over fluff the twist on the first day. I didn't co wash as I had just did that 2 days prior, so I spritzed with water applied a mix of eco styler gel, jojoba oil, and shea butter. To preserve the style I found the parts and retwisted in chucky sections. I tried to be gentle when styling as I did not want to create frizz. I'm still working on that.

Here is day one

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill23
Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill24

Here is day two

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill25

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill26

Here is day three
And I could only make it last 3 days
Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill27

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Camill28

Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Empty Re: Hurricane Curly

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th September 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi CN Family,

I haven't posted much because school is back in session, I'm back at work, and my son's and daughter's activities have started up. I'm trying to find more balance in my life. ChsLvsBks and DVA have inspired me. My goal this month is to stop eating late and incorporate consistently exercising. My goal is to lose 15lbs by January 5th. I think that is reasonably for me and doable. Not much hair news.... ooh but I did try the tightly curly method. It actually started when I was sitting in the car waiting for my daughter while she was in dance class. It took forever!!! about 2 1/2 hours but it lasted 4 days the longest I ever went without having to totally redo. I would touch up a curl here and there and I spritzed ever morning to stay moisturized. I'm going to do it again. I'll post pics next time.

I hope every one has a great week.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 12:53 pm

Hurricane Curly wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hey HC! Glad to have you here.

I got a shout out wow Smile .

Hey ChrsLvsBks,

To the girl who gives the best advice Very Happy

Ditto, ditto, ditto (re:Chrs)! Very Happy

Welcome to Curl Street. Enjoyed reading your story and your hair is so fly....BAA all the way....love it!

Your twistout looked nice.

Me, inspiring? Wow. I'm taking it day by day....that's the best way to go. Check out Lynnie's thread too. She's given out some great advice about the exercise and stuff as well. She's doing it!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th September 2010, 1:39 pm

Whoa, another hottie on CSJ!! Love your hair! If it's thin, I can't see it! Loved your story. It's similar to mine in that my hair was so thin I just couldn't keep doing what I was doing.

Welcome!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 6th September 2010, 6:57 pm

swoodward wrote:Whoa, another hottie on CSJ!! Love your hair! If it's thin, I can't see it! Loved your story. It's similar to mine in that my hair was so thin I just couldn't keep doing what I was doing.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome. It's really good to be in the neighborhood. So much support!!
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th September 2010, 7:18 pm

Loved the twists! Look forward to pictures of tightly curly method.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th September 2010, 7:43 pm

well-well-well...what do we have HEEEEERE Suspect

WELCOME!!! woot! and its about TIME Mad

i frigging looooooove ur fro and u already know this. dva makes me wanna bc again and seein ur fro confuses me to keep it movin confused i know u can make that goal of 15lbs plus some. i wouldve loved to see ur tightly curly method too. im tryin to amp myself up to try it myself...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 7th September 2010, 10:32 pm

NubieNatty wrote:well-well-well...what do we have HEEEEERE Suspect

WELCOME!!! woot! and its about TIME Mad

i frigging looooooove ur fro and u already know this. dva makes me wanna bc again and seein ur fro confuses me to keep it movin confused i know u can make that goal of 15lbs plus some. i wouldve loved to see ur tightly curly method too. im tryin to amp myself up to try it myself...

Hey Nubie,

Thanks for the welcome. I am loviiiiiinnnnnngggg...... your avi. Your hair looks really good Very Happy. BTW can't wait to see your name in print Cool
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 7th September 2010, 10:36 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Loved the twists! Look forward to pictures of tightly curly method.

Hey ChrLvsBks,

Great avi. .....Okay where are you getting your earrings????? You always have on the best earrings. flower
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th September 2010, 3:52 pm

Hurricane Curly wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Loved the twists! Look forward to pictures of tightly curly method.

Hey ChrLvsBks,

Great avi. .....Okay where are you getting your earrings????? You always have on the best earrings. flower
I have purchased them for curlychicksonline.com (CCO), imi828.blogspot.com (I.M.I.) and manytreasures4you.com (mt4you). Both cco & mt4you are local vendors.

I.M.I. is CN forum's own tia's store.

You can reach out to Takisha at manytreasures4you@yahoo.com. Please let her know I sent you. Her items are made from stones from Africa. The women use the money to support their families.

CCO has her site and an etsy shop. She was at the event Jamesha hosted at the art gallery. I have all her shirts and a few of her earrings.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 12th September 2010, 4:38 pm

Hey Hurricane Curly!

My first time stopping by...but I've been meaning to! LOL I love your name and your avi...NICE! Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 10:07 pm

Hey Hurricane Curly (girl this name is perfect)

I love your hair and that 2nd day twist out is to die for!! You are doing a great job with your hair. Thin...really? Well you really can't tell, and that's a sign that you are doing a good job with finding styles that work for you.

I haven't been by to say welcome, but just jump right on in here (like you've done) and enjoy the fun!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:15 pm

swoodward wrote:Whoa, another hottie on CSJ!! Love your hair! If it's thin, I can't see it! Loved your story. It's similar to mine in that my hair was so thin I just couldn't keep doing what I was doing.

Welcome!

Hi Swoodward,
Thanks for the compliment and welcome. Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:18 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
Hurricane Curly wrote:

Hey ChrLvsBks,

I have purchased them for curlychicksonline.com (CCO), imi828.blogspot.com (I.M.I.) and manytreasures4you.com (mt4you). Both cco & mt4you are local vendors.

I.M.I. is CN forum's own tia's store.

You can reach out to Takisha at manytreasures4you@yahoo.com. Please let her know I sent you. Her items are made from stones from Africa. The women use the money to support their families.

CCO has her site and an etsy shop. She was at the event Jamesha hosted at the art gallery. I have all her shirts and a few of her earrings.

Hey ChrsLvsBks,
It was great seeing you at the meet up. Thanks for the earring info. Can't wait to start improving my jewelry wardrobe.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:22 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Hurricane Curly!

My first time stopping by...but I've been meaning to! LOL I love your name and your avi...NICE! Very Happy

TheRYL1, What up!!!!

I was over in your neighborhood and you are too funny!!!! woot! I really enjoy reading your post. Thanks for the welcome
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th September 2010, 12:26 pm

Hey HC! I haven't been by in a while, but that twist out was gorgeous! Wishing you much luck on your weight loss journey!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:30 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Hurricane Curly (girl this name is perfect)

I love your hair and that 2nd day twist out is to die for!! You are doing a great job with your hair. Thin...really? Well you really can't tell, and that's a sign that you are doing a good job with finding styles that work for you.

I haven't been by to say welcome, but just jump right on in here (like you've done) and enjoy the fun!!!

KNH

KinkyNappyHappy how ....you doing girl. I love your hair. I'm glad you stopped by. I visted your neighborhood and you have a great spirit. Thanks for the welcome and compliment.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:33 pm

CocaColaCutie wrote:Hey HC! I haven't been by in a while, but that twist out was gorgeous! Wishing you much luck on your weight loss journey!

Hey CCC,

How ..... you doing girl. Your hair and outfit are looking fabulous in your avi. I hope we get a chance to visit at the next meet up.
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th September 2010, 12:45 pm

Hey lady, it was great seeing you again last Friday!

NikG, A’s mom, of Beads Braids & Beyond showed a bun created using a three strand twist. It included a link of her showing how to do it. While watching it, I did as she said and was able to do it. It did not look good. I did it a couple of more times and twisted in the opposite direction (still shaking my head at that one), and I was quite pleased with the look. I’m so happy. If you like, I can show you how it is done on Saturday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:51 pm

Hey CN Family.

I thought I was going to post on Sunday but the Redskins game kept me way to occupied. Last week I started my weight loss plan. It started off pretty rocky. By Tuesday I was down to one cookie a day and by Friday all of the junk food was out of the house. However, I did manage to walk a total of 12 miles by Saturday. I could have gotten more in but I had to go to my son's football game Saturday morining, that knocked out my exercise time. This week started off much better diet wise. The weekend still needs tweeking but I have all my meals and snacks planned out for the week and I'm on track to walk 20 miles this week. I had to schedule and treat my exercise time like a doctor's visit. It is the only way not to get off course... pardon the pun Very Happy .

In hair news, I went to a meet up to learn how to style loose afro hair. It was great. I had a really good time. I learned how to flat twist and do a proper roller set. ..... I know, I can't believe I didn't know how either. Look.. I keep saying I'm going to do the tightly curly method again but it is so time consuming I just couldn't get it done, so I wound up to a wash-n-go for the weekend.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week!!!

Here a pic of my wash-n-go. The family and I are headed to my son's football game.

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Septem10

Last edited by Hurricane Curly on 14th September 2010, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:52 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Hey lady, it was great seeing you again last Friday!

NikG, A’s mom, of Beads Braids & Beyond showed a bun created using a three strand twist. It included a link of her showing how to do it. While watching it, I did as she said and was able to do it. It did not look good. I did it a couple of more times and twisted in the opposite direction (still shaking my head at that one), and I was quite pleased with the look. I’m so happy. If you like, I can show you how it is done on Saturday.

That sounds like a plan to me.... can't wait Very Happy
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 14th September 2010, 12:54 pm

Another pic of my wash-n-go

Hurricane Curly - Page 2 Septem11
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 16th September 2010, 11:46 pm

The wng fro is fabulous. The meet-up sound really nice. I need to see if we have one in my area. Good luck on your diet and exercise journey.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 17th September 2010, 9:09 am

Hey HC,
Your wng is fabulous! Looks fantastic. And way to go with the exercise and diet. With all that you've go going on that's inspiring. Good luck!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 28th September 2010, 11:26 pm

the fro does rock.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content