CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is curly nikki's hair naturally curly?

+12
ReRe71
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
SeanymphPrincess
Jo Somebody
Aunt_Lola
QueenSheba
dajewel
Prinsis
creolebeauty1
meepmeep1101
CRD7
16 posters

Go down

is curly nikki's hair naturally curly? Empty is curly nikki's hair naturally curly?

Post by CRD7 17th February 2011, 2:26 am

Curly Nikki's hair looks like west indian type hair. Water and product doesn't make my hair curly. It makes my hair kinky when dried. Will the same products Curly Nikki uses on her hair work on mine? I've tried hair milk, gel, mousse and none of it makes my hair look good as Curly Nikki's. Mine only looks like an afro....I think my hair type is 4b....HELP

CRD7

Back to top Go down

is curly nikki's hair naturally curly? Empty Re: is curly nikki's hair naturally curly?

Post by meepmeep1101 17th February 2011, 3:11 am

EVeryones hair is different. What works for one may not work for another. You have to find what works for you. I think Curlky Nikki is a 3c/4a (Someone can correct me on that). Do you have curls in the first place? If havent seena curl pattern, you could not have one, or it may need time to grow. You can create coils by doing twist outs and other protective styles.

And your hair can only look as good as your hair. When you compare to other people, you are always going to think that its not good. No comparing, and work with what you have to make it the best. HTH
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

is curly nikki's hair naturally curly? Empty Re: is curly nikki's hair naturally curly?

Post by creolebeauty1 17th February 2011, 6:43 am

"west indian " type of hair ? mmm i'm west indian and my hair don't look like hers , every natural out there has a different head of hair that's what makes us unique her hair type may be different from yours so the products she uses aren't going to turn your hair into hers but it will still be beneficial to use for your hair if its a good product , when it comes down to natural hair healthy hair should be our main focus not curl pattern because if you do not have any curl pattern at all when your hair is wet no product you use will be able to create what you do not have as your hair grow longer and get healthier many naturals discover their curls begin to hang down looser and so on so stick it out and Happy growing hope that was helpful
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Prinsis 17th February 2011, 12:10 pm

CRD7, cosigning what the other ladies stated. Everyone's hair is different and reacts to products differently. I have tried a few of the products that CN uses and it did absolutely nothing for my hair. I have 4a/4b hair and the products she uses are too light for my hair.

I have learned that the technique for achieving the style you want is more important than searching for the "magical product" that will give you instant curls. For example, when I want to rock a twist out, I have to do a (dry)flat twist instead of regular twists or my hair will puff out into an afro when I finish fluffing. With flat twists, I only have to do a minimum amount of fluffing. I use Darcy's Madagascar styling creme for the hold but once again, it's more about finding the right technique for your hair than the product. When you get a moment check out youtuber Hairmania3000....she gives excellent styles and techniques for 4B hair. HTH

Prinsis

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 17th February 2011, 12:29 pm

actually, i want to say cn's hair is more 4 than a 3 because she did a post a couple years ago with hair brushed out and it very much resembled diana ross' hair. in fact, i think the name of the post has 'diana ross hair' in it or something.

"west indian" hair?? huh??? am west indian and quite honestly you would think my hair is more 'coolie' cuz am west indian. actually, is so far from the truth (my hair is the coarsest of them all); i have seen more naturals who don't have the mix in heritage that i have and they have wayyyyyyyyyyy more natural curl definition than me. and on the other edge of the spectrum, check out A on beadsbreadsandbeyond...she has my hair texture and she is half mexican and aa. the beauty of being a member of the black diaspara: we are all so different cheers

is more about technique to achieve the curly look than is about product. deep conditioning, moisturizing daily and using some ayurvedic herbs help enhance the shine and curl pattern so much so that people will mistake your hair for a 3 type when u do twist outs, braid outs, flexirods, strawllers, perm rods, banding, etc.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 17th February 2011, 12:48 pm

Im not sure what your hair looks like or how long you've been natural. from my experience it took me two years to discover to get healthy natural hair. No two hair types are alike. maybe you should just focus on getting healthy hair and you would find what works for your hair.
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 17th February 2011, 2:49 pm

OP, you might be confusing Nikki's twist out results for her natural hair pattern.

If you check the info she has in her "about me" section she shows you how she styles her hair and what products she uses. You could start there and see if what works for her works for you too.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 17th February 2011, 3:56 pm

dajewel wrote:actually, i want to say cn's hair is more 4 than a 3 because she did a post a couple years ago with hair brushed out and it very much resembled diana ross' hair. in fact, i think the name of the post has 'diana ross hair' in it or something.

"west indian" hair?? huh??? am west indian and quite honestly you would think my hair is more 'coolie' cuz am west indian. actually, is so far from the truth (my hair is the coarsest of them all); i have seen more naturals who don't have the mix in heritage that i have and they have wayyyyyyyyyyy more natural curl definition than me. and on the other edge of the spectrum, check out A on beadsbreadsandbeyond...she has my hair texture and she is half mexican and aa. the beauty of being a member of the black diaspara: we are all so different cheers

is more about technique to achieve the curly look than is about product. deep conditioning, moisturizing daily and using some ayurvedic herbs help enhance the shine and curl pattern so much so that people will mistake your hair for a 3 type when u do twist outs, braid outs, flexirods, strawllers, perm rods, banding, etc.

I'd say it's the beauty of being Black fullstop! As not all Africans have the same hair either. Smile
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 19th February 2011, 2:32 pm

@ jo: thank u for the correction. i totally thought diaspara included the african continent. i learned something new today Smile
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanymphPrincess 19th February 2011, 11:54 pm

Everybody hair is different. I'm also West Indian, but what does that have to do with anything LOL!!!! You just have to find what works for you and your hair type.
SeanymphPrincess
SeanymphPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2011, 11:48 am

you have to find what works for your hair and your hair only - I have tried many products that others suggest, just out of curiosity mostly and because I like to buy hair products (lol)

but no two heads are alike ... you may have to tweak some things to your specification
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st February 2011, 11:57 am

You hair is much like your finger print! It is yours! I am co-signing the other ladies!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 21st February 2011, 12:00 pm

I cosign to pretty much everyone else as well. I too have west indian blood in me....my dad is west indian) but I've learned from trial and error what is best for my hair. And to be honest, I stay away from the hair typing....I think it just makes the natural hair journey more difficult.
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetface1118 21st February 2011, 2:22 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:You hair is much like your finger print! It is yours! I am co-signing the other ladies!

Well said sweedrk1....I am West Indian as well and my hair is not like Nikki's. You just have to find out what works for your hair and actually that is part of the fun of being natural..LOL.
sweetface1118
sweetface1118

http://public.fotki.com/wildjjjs/my-hair-journey/bc-immediately-

Back to top Go down

Post by Color_Me_Coily 21st February 2011, 4:32 pm

Hmm

I’m a natural 4a mixed with 4b and this website [love it by the way] has helped me along my natural hair journey... I’ve learned that every product advertising as curl enhancing and curl this curl that isn’t going to work on my hair or define my curls because they are not loose such as 3b’s or 3c’s ...

I just had to accept the fact that no matter the type... my hair is beautiful naturally defined curls or not afro
Color_Me_Coily
Color_Me_Coily

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 21st February 2011, 4:51 pm

Yeah, don't compare you head of hair to Nikki's or anyone else's because you don't have their genes. You have your own type of hair and even product may not do what you want it to do just because it works on someone elses hair. Be happy with what you have and learn ways to make it look hot!! Very Happy Good luck!!
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 22nd February 2011, 12:42 am

I also want to point out that you can have the same curl pattern as another person and STILL not be able to use the same products. My curl pattern is similar to Curly Nikki's and my hair would die if I used some of the products she uses which includes mineral oils, silicons, and glycerin sometimes.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down