CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 6th August 2010, 12:05 pm

Title Change
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by sweetdrk1 6th August 2010, 12:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your friend! I love the vid and has it been 9mths? Congrats!
Lol @ your mom always having something cooked when your brother is in town. Moms gotta take care of her son!

Oh and thank you for always stopping by, love you!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 6th August 2010, 1:52 pm

You have a channel too? Enough of this job hunt! I'd better get to watching some Youtube! LOL!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 6th August 2010, 2:53 pm

Hey KNH!

Hope you're having a good one. I see you picked up the pace instead of doing 1 mile in 30 minutes (lol). Keep up the good work!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 1:52 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Sorry to hear about your friend! I love the vid and has it been 9mths? Congrats!
Lol @ your mom always having something cooked when your brother is in town. Moms gotta take care of her son!

Oh and thank you for always stopping by, love you!

Thanks Sweet...his wake was tonight. Still hard to believe, but I know he's in a better place.

Yeah...9 months. Penny has grown and so have I. I've learned so much in the last 5 months...glad I had CN to turn to.

Yeah...moms are a trip when it comes to their sons!!! LOL

Love you too hun!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 1:54 am

nattyblog wrote:You have a channel too? Enough of this job hunt! I'd better get to watching some Youtube! LOL!

Hey Nattyb...

I do have a YouTube channel. It's really to help me track my journey through pictures. One day I may get the nerve to talk!!! LOL

Thanks for looking at my video.....I had fun making this one, cause I'm trying to get ready for my big time product for my 1 year natural anniversary!! It will be a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for stopping by!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 1:56 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH!

Hope you're having a good one. I see you picked up the pace instead of doing 1 mile in 30 minutes (lol). Keep up the good work!

Hey KC...

Today was an interesting day...they had a luncheon for me today in one of the units. It was really nice!!

Yeah after I read how many miles you walked last week i thought I should step up or rather pick up my pace. I hope to do better as the weeks go on!!!

Thanks for stopping by...

KNH

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 7th August 2010, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 10:15 am

Morning.....

Just sitting here doing what I do on Saturday morning......my hair!!! I really didn't feel like doing my hair this morning, but it was kinda of dirty. You know with working out, and keeping it moisturized I needed to shampoo. I thought about just doing a co-wash, but I decided to do my weekly reggie, and get that out the way. Now....I'm sitting here with my d/c on under a heat cap.

I think I've got my regiment down to a science...or rather until fall and winter comes. (don't know may have to tweak it a bit) Now that I'm wearing Penny twisted and pinned up this is what I've been doing weekly.

Fri nights or Saturday morning.

Step 1: Shampoo with Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo; then follow behind that with Bee Mine shampoo bar

Step 2: Detangle w/my d/c.....which I do a protein and moisturizing d/c one week, and then just a moisturizing d/c the next week. I alternate one week protein d/c followed by a moisture d/c; and the next week just a moisturizing d/c. (this has really help cut back on the shedding I was experiencing)

Step 3: 3 step moisture process which consist of Giovanna Direct Leave-in Conditioner, EVCO and what ever styling product I use....i.e. Bumble & Bumble, MiraCurl or OFS Curl Soufflé' (which I'm using today) .

I like to let Penny loose on the weekend, because I keep her pinned up all week.

Saturday night or Sunday evenings....I do the following:

Step 1: Co-wash using TRESEmme' Naturals Nourishing Conditioner (detangle if necessary)

Step 2: Prepare and use KimmayTube's Leave-in Conditioner

Step 3: Get to twisting with EcoCustard or Qhemet....I go between both products. I get the most moisture with Qhemet, but I get awesome twist-out definition with EcoCustard.

That's it!!! It really feels great to have a structured regiment, because I'm not all over the place with products anymore. (still a PJ cause I have a conditioner fetish) lol! Also, this helps me cut back on so much manipulation of my curls. With my current regiment I hope I can retain length, and promote hair growth as well. I just started this with the twist challenge two weeks ago so I'll see!!

So what's new? Are you doing anything brand new?

Next post - Current Product!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 7th August 2010, 10:20 am

Lol at conditioner fetish!!! I think I have an oil fetish!! I keep trying out different types of oils!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 7th August 2010, 10:31 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Lol at conditioner fetish!!! I think I have an oil fetish!! I keep trying out different types of oils!

Hey Red....

I know...I keep looking for something real thick!!! I have my two favorites Bed Head MM and TRESEmme', but I keep searching.. LOL

Thanks for stopping by!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th August 2010, 6:37 pm

Hey KNH! Just getting caught up. You and I both have a conditioner fetish! I can't stop buying conditioner...I always end up with a new bottle. Somehow. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_neutral

My condolences to you regarding your friend. We had someone pass away at my job last month as well. I didn't know him personally, but his passing affected a lot of people that did. Much hugs for you.

Penny is definitely growing up. I can honestly say and agree that our hair journeys certainly teach us many things we didn't know about ourselves, and even a bit about life. Every day is a new lesson! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_smile

Have a great weekend KNH! I'll leave some treats for Kirby! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th August 2010, 8:30 pm

Hey KNH!!

You are doing great with your maintenance and routine! keep it going!! I am so behind that I didn't know there was a second twist challenge. I have to go check it out!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 10:21 am

LadyMika wrote:Hey KNH! Just getting caught up. You and I both have a conditioner fetish! I can't stop buying conditioner...I always end up with a new bottle. Somehow. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_neutral

My condolences to you regarding your friend. We had someone pass away at my job last month as well. I didn't know him personally, but his passing affected a lot of people that did. Much hugs for you.

Penny is definitely growing up. I can honestly say and agree that our hair journeys certainly teach us many things we didn't know about ourselves, and even a bit about life. Every day is a new lesson! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_smile

Have a great weekend KNH! I'll leave some treats for Kirby! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_lol

Hey Lady M...

Thanks hun...his services were this weekend, so we can all try to get back to some kind of normal routine. Penny is growing, and you are correct everyday is a new lesson for sure!! LOL

Girl.....Kirby loved the treats he was so hyped running all over the place. It took forever to calm him down. (I'm serious...) My sister-in-law came over yesterday and Kirby was so hyped...sometimes I wonder if I should have gotten a cat. You don't have to worry about giving them so much attention...

Thanks for stopping by.......I'll be over for lunch today lunch!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 10:24 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey KNH!!

You are doing great with your maintenance and routine! keep it going!! I am so behind that I didn't know there was a second twist challenge. I have to go check it out!

Thanks Sweet....

The twist challenge is for 1 month...I'm keeping Penny twisted and pinned up. That kinda works for my work environment.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday weekend.....I know you are loving that iPad!!! Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 10:54 am

Good Morning....

I'm not feel so hot...I mean I woke up with a little stuffy nose yesterday, and now its a full blown out sinus attack!! So, I'm taking meds and trying to stay on my feet.

Oh....I think I've found my staple product for my wNg's. I know, I know, I said Bumble & Bumble and MiraCurl was it, but check out the pictures below:

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0510

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Wng_cu10

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0512

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0513

I don't have the ringlets curls I get with Bumble & Bumble or MiraCurl, but this is because I have to apply this product differently. However, I really like the fact that I don't have very much shrinkage, and my hair is sooo soft!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 617583

Well....I'm off to church. I'll be back this afternoon with more pictures. I have someone I want to y'all meet! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

KNH

OBTW.....I forgot to indicate that I used the Curls Souffle' that I bought from The Original Fragrance Shop!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 9th August 2010, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 8th August 2010, 11:23 pm

Hi Curlies.....

Well...as I indicated this morning before I left for church I had someone I wanted you guys to meet. So, here she is "Introducing Renee!"

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0514

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0515

This is a picture my son took...sorry that it is so blurry Rolling Eyes
KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Dsci0516

As I was cruising along CS yesterday I happened upon Scrug's thread, and she had the front of her hair braided and the back in twists, and then later a twist out. I thought that was such a cute style, and then I remembered my sister-in-law could braid. So after drill team practice I picked my sister-in-law up from my mom's and brought her to my house.

She braided the front of my hair, and I twisted the back using AfroVeda Curl Define. After she finished she told me that my hair would look so cute with a half wig. I was like....hummmm I don't know. No I've worn braids, but never a weave or wigs. So off to the BSS we go, and I purchased Renee. Shocked Now this is the name that was on that thing that the half wig was on. So I tried it on....not real sold on the look because it was sooo big, but my sister-in-law convinced me to get it. Also, I remembered mstokes did a video explaining that she had been wearing a half wig! (which really looked very nice on her by the way)

Renee is a little bigger than I'm use too, but Penny looked so cute with her side kick!!! So...Since I'm only working two days this week... so, I'm going to wear this style as I leave my current department with a bang!!! Very Happy

Well off to check a few threads....have a good evening!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th August 2010, 11:59 pm

heyyyyyy Renee!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 9th August 2010, 12:02 am

Hey Renee, nice to meet you! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_lol
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 9th August 2010, 12:58 am

Hey Renee!!! CUTE!!! I like it!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 9th August 2010, 7:39 am

Alright now! Hey Renee!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 9th August 2010, 7:51 am

Renee is looking hot!! I love the new avi!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th August 2010, 10:06 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:heyyyyyy Renee!

LadyMika wrote:Hey Renee, nice to meet you! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Icon_lol

Lynnieluve wrote:Hey Renee!!! CUTE!!! I like it!!!

sweetdrk1 wrote:Alright now! Hey Renee!

krazy coils wrote:Renee is looking hot!! I love the new avi!

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Lol Hey ladies....Renee and Penny are getting a lot of attention today! Too funny...I wonder why men are so infatuated with hair......long hair at that!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 9th August 2010, 10:14 am

Good Morning Ladies...

As I stated above...why are men so infatuated with hair. Lots of hair, and long hair!! I had to drop Xander off at football practice at 5:30am and boy you should have seen the coaches....I got all the help I could stand!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 Lol

Then on my way to work I stopped by CVS and the milk man couldn't keep his eyes off of my hair (Penny with her new found friend Renee) It was too funny.

Do you feel our hair makes us? I can tell the difference by the attention I've received when I wore braids vs just my natural hair with only about 4 to 5 inches of growth. I did have one guy tell me that as long as a women keeps her hair clean and nice he doesn't care if its down her back or short as he wears his hair.

Well....I'm just rambling so I will get to work..1 more day and I'm off until Tuesday of next week. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 7 617583

Have a great day ladies!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 9th August 2010, 10:21 am

I'm interested in all thing cornrows right now so I definitely had to run in here!!! Your cornrows look beautiful!! And Renee is gorgeous!!!

I'm doing my daughter's hair today and trying to figure out how I want to do it this time. I love these things!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th August 2010, 12:24 pm

Heyyyyyy renee! LMAO. We are too funny on here. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next