CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by TheRYL1 21st July 2010, 12:33 pm

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Noahsa10[/quote]

Dude in the middle is PRICELESS! ;-) I'm not a big TV watcher...but I hate to be "out the loop"...when does this come on...what channel? ;-)

Hey KNH...that twist up looks good! OK...I got me a big pack of hair pins...I got to try to pin 'em up soon. I gotta wait some days though...let them thicken up!

Hey...that job is yours! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by PaganWifey 21st July 2010, 2:38 pm

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Noah's Arc. And the theme song is GOLD!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st July 2010, 8:32 pm

Hey KNH, I have a number of conditioners and no I don;t want to count them because then I would admit I have a problems! :lol

I know one thing though, nothing beats the Kiehls I tried when transitioning, I think I am just going back for my DT's.

I am happy because lately when I buy it's because I run out of stuff I use already. At least that's what I though until I started looking at Zipporah's stuff!!! And there's this muddy black stuff that's supposed to be the best shampoo ever and
dot dot dot

sigh
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 10:06 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

I know how you feel because it is so tempting to want to try all of these great products. Believe me I have a whole bunch of conditioners to last me for awhile and don't plan to purchase anything until Qhemet's has a sale so that I can restock my Qhemet's supply of products.

Hey KC...

I'm so glad someone gets me!! Once you identify the problem then its easy to design a recovery plan. So my problem is I have a conditioner fetish! However, I don't know what the root cause of this fetish just yet, but I'm working on it so I can save me from myself!!!! ROTFLMBO!!!

I don't need any products...I mean nothing, so I guess I will try real hard not to buy anything else unless I run out!!! **I hope** LOL

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 10:14 am

TheRYL1 wrote:KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Noahsa10

Dude in the middle is PRICELESS! ;-) I'm not a big TV watcher...but I hate to be "out the loop"...when does this come on...what channel? ;-)

Hey KNH...that twist up looks good! OK...I got me a big pack of hair pins...I got to try to pin 'em up soon. I gotta wait some days though...let them thicken up!

Hey...that job is yours! :-)[/quote]

PaganWifey wrote:I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Noah's Arc. And the theme song is GOLD!

Hey PaganWifey & RYL1

I came across Noah's Arc by accident. I have Netflix and I get instant movies through the Wii...so I was looking for something good to watch and I came across Noah's Arc. I didn't read the moving description throughly, and I though this was a girl/guy flick!! So you can imagine my reaction during the first 5 minutes of the movie. affraid After I got pass the sexual content....I was able to enjoy the characters and the story line..which is really only friendship and love, but with a gay twist!!

After I watch the movie, I watched season 1 & 2. The show is soooo funny, and it really gave me a light bulb moment. Men will mess over the best women in the world, and if they are gay the will mess over each other!! ROTFL

Hope this helps RYL1.....you might want to check it out, and ole boy in the middle is Noah and he has such beautiful hair I was drooling watching season 1.

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 10:19 am

swoodward wrote:Hey KNH, I have a number of conditioners and no I don;t want to count them because then I would admit I have a problems! :lol

I know one thing though, nothing beats the Kiehls I tried when transitioning, I think I am just going back for my DT's.

I am happy because lately when I buy it's because I run out of stuff I use already. At least that's what I though until I started looking at Zipporah's stuff!!! And there's this muddy black stuff that's supposed to be the best shampoo ever and
dot dot dot

sigh

Okay...thanks to you and KC, I don't feel like something is really wrong with me. Very Happy On a serious note, I think know I have a conditioner fetish. I'm working on getting to the root cause of this fetish, so I'm trying not to buy anymore conditioner unless I run out. I don't think I will make but, I'm going to try!

I've been watching Zipporah's stuff as well, and I'm really impressed with her ingredients. I'm waiting on Sweet to do a product review...she got a free bottle of conditioner, and I'm hoping she doesn't love the stuff. If she does...I'm going to have a hard time not purchasing!!!

I know I shouldn't ask, but what is the Kiehls?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 10:30 am

So how is everyone doing today? I'm still in bed like I don't have to go to work!! So I'll keep this brief!!

Health: Yesterday I really didn't want to work out, but I made myself go because I knew I would regret it later. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the elliptical machine.....total calories burned 200.9!!! cheers

I didn't do Nightclub cardio because I didn't get up early enough to make the class, but I'm kinda sore right now from yesterday, but its a good sore. (hope that makes sense)

Hair: Penny is still in twist updo, and I'm getting so many compliments I'm really kinda surprised but its nice! I wanted to co-wash last night because for some reason my scalp is beginning to itch...not sure why. However I got home a little late from bible study, and I wanted to got to bed. So I guess I'll wait until Friday night, and do a pre-poo over night, and get up early Saturday and shampoo, DC and twist again with EcoCustard!!

My camera is eating up batteries like crazy....so I think I may purchase another real soon.

Okay ladies that's it for now...I guess I get up and go to work!!!

Have a great day!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 22nd July 2010, 1:14 pm

Hey KNH,

I admit I love conditioner too. All of them regular and deep conditioners! I know which stylers I like so I don't buy too many of those but conditioners KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Kopfschuettel And like you and swoodward I've also been looking at Zipporah's since Sweet mentioned the leave-in conditioner. I know I have a problem too!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 1:19 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH,

I admit I love conditioner too. All of them regular and deep conditioners! I know which stylers I like so I don't buy too many of those but conditioners KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Kopfschuettel And like you and swoodward I've also been looking at Zipporah's since Sweet mentioned the leave-in conditioner. I know I have a problem too!

**sigh* The life of a PJ!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Lol
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 22nd July 2010, 1:28 pm

So I've been working on trying to bump up my make-up game. I have a friend that is a make-up consultant for MaryKay. I love her to death, but you know a MaryKay consultant is almost like a bill collector!! She lives in California and she does NOT let distance hinder her at all!!! LOL

So I did a virtual make-over on her website! I've attached the results below let me know what you think....

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Mary_k10

I like more of a natural look, but I think I could recreate this.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 12:55 pm

Well I'm so glad its Friday!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 678474

Health: I haven't been getting to bed on time, so I've been real sleepy in the morning, but yet I did make it to the gym this morning. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes. (that's all I had time for this morning)

Hair: I had to do a co-wash last night, because my scalp was itching.. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 617583 So I decided to try the Ecostyler Custard, and I love the results...

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Debora43

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Debora44

I think used to much Aloe Vera Gel, because my hair felt a little sticky. I like the definition I see with my bangs...I can imagine what the rest of my hair is going to look like as a twist out!!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Tonight the drill team is performing again. (I wonder if we should be getting paid) Tomorrow my mom is having a jewerly show. I'll take pictures so you guys can see some of her stuff.

Then Sunday my brother is coming how from Japan!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 617583 He's been over there for 3 years now, and he and his family are coming back to the states for good. My brother has been in the Marines for over 20 years. I be so glad when he retires (who knows when that will be) KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Confused

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd July 2010, 1:07 pm

Hey KNH!

I'm glad you like the Eco-custard...I told you it is the bizness! Yeah, the aloe vera gel made my hair feel sticky, too! I don't add it to this mix anymore.

Funny...my aunt is a Mary Kay Consultant...I run when I see her and don't take her calls! LOL She wants me to SELL the stuff. I don't wear make up like that...but she said my personality will sell it! WHATEVER!

YAY about your brother!
Enjoy your busy weekend!
Talk to ya!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 23rd July 2010, 1:22 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:So I've been working on trying to bump up my make-up game. I have a friend that is a make-up consultant for MaryKay. I love her to death, but you know a MaryKay consultant is almost like a bill collector!! She lives in California and she does NOT let distance hinder her at all!!! LOL

So I did a virtual make-over on her website! I've attached the results below let me know what you think....

KNH

Avirtual make-over? can anyone do that, I would love to try it.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 2:45 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:So I've been working on trying to bump up my make-up game. I have a friend that is a make-up consultant for MaryKay. I love her to death, but you know a MaryKay consultant is almost like a bill collector!! She lives in California and she does NOT let distance hinder her at all!!! LOL

KNH

Avirtual make-over? can anyone do that, I would love to try it.

Yes ma'am...PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you the link.
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 23rd July 2010, 2:49 pm

Hey KNH! I like your make up, but I must say I like your eyes with just shadow... They don't really need an eyeliner but I think that's good for a night time look. Some people just don't need much make up and I count you among them!

So what's up with this ecostyler concoction. Wondering if I should try?? I love the way your style turned out. And of course I always love that color! Did you twist the sides? Or braid? I'm thinking I should try something like that.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 6:04 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey KNH!

I'm glad you like the Eco-custard...I told you it is the bizness! Yeah, the aloe vera gel made my hair feel sticky, too! I don't add it to this mix anymore.

Funny...my aunt is a Mary Kay Consultant...I run when I see her and don't take her calls! LOL She wants me to SELL the stuff. I don't wear make up like that...but she said my personality will sell it! WHATEVER!

YAY about your brother!
Enjoy your busy weekend!
Talk to ya!

Hey RYL1...

LOL at MaryKay folks!! I might try your Shea Butter mixture or use a little moisture cream before I apply the custard. Don't know yet, because I really like the results.

It will be nice to see my bother and his family. KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Icon_cheers

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 24th July 2010, 9:55 am

Morning!!! ** stretching not wanting to get out of bed**

I took one for the team last night!!! I was really proud of the drill team performance! I don't think these kids really know how good they are!! They ministered last night, and the speaker's message kinda of coincided with the drill team's message. I Am NOT Ashamed Of Christ!! AWESOME!!! **still on a spiritual high over here**

Health: I usually take a break on weekends, but I had an epiphany...I think I want a heart rate monitor. I've seen a couple of articles about knowing what your heart rate is so you can stay in your fat burning zone. I don't know a lot about this, but I'm going to do a bit a research. I see that these monitors are a bit expensive, so I need to see if it would be conducive to my workout regiment before I purchase one.

SN: Did you know (I'm sure most of you do) that proper heart rate training has three distinct training zones each designed to challenge your metabolism to become faster and more efficient which leads to burning more fat. The three zones are:

Zone 1 ~ Fat Burning Zone
Zone 2 ~ Anaerobic Threshold Zone
Zone 3 ~ High Intensity Zone

I am really intrigued by this, because my manager works out like 6 or 7 days a week. She has done this since I've been working for her which is going on 5 years, and she hasn't lost a pound. Not that she needs to, and as far as I know she could be working out to maintain. Sorry for such a long post about this...

Hair: I did a quick co-wash last night because I wanted to try something. I'll post tonight and let you guys see the results. Also, my mom called me yesterday and told me I had a box at her house. I hope its my henna, because if so "Its Henna Time" which I will mix tonight and apply Sunday!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend thus far, and I'll see you on CS.

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 24th July 2010, 11:53 am

Oooohhh you look loverly (in my best Klump impersonation)! Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 25th July 2010, 2:15 am

I hennaed last week and am having an epiphany about it - I'll post on my thread later. I love your henna results. I am pleased to say I have gotten a rich deep dark red too. My next purchase will probably be in this order: Kiehls, Mehandi henna and amla, Zipporahs.

Anyway, I love your styles , you look fabulous! I liked the makeover too. I tried those and they are cool. I have heard that Mary Kay has really leapt into the 21st century - new formulations, better colors, nice lotions (my sis has one). Keep us posted if you decide to buy. Heck my pj'sm extends way beyond my hair!

Kiehl's is a skin/hair care line in NY. They have a small shop downtown in Philly. I started using this condish when I was relaxed, used it through the transition and on my natural hair after henna. For me it's the equivalent of CN's Pantene. I don't feel TOO bad about buying because I have used it for about 18 months. http://www.kiehls.com/_us/_en/hair/collection/olive-fruit-oil-deeply-repairative-hair-pak.htm
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 25th July 2010, 2:28 am

Love the makeup! You are working that undo! Let me know how the heart rate thingy works out.
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 25th July 2010, 8:38 am

Hey KNH,

Love the flat twists you have going on!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 25th July 2010, 11:30 am

Hey KNH,
I see you were in full PJ mode in Target and The OFS. That OFS sounds pretty cool. I wonder if we have anything like that in MD.

I like your Mary Kay makeover and how cool is that that it can be done online. And I agree with Poeticly you have great skin and features so you could easily go with very little make up - aren't you blessed! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Keep doing what you do girl! You are working it with your exercise routine. You might want to purchase a heart rate monitor so you can stay within your proper heart rate zone. It'll also tell you how many calories you burn, much better than the machines. It's not necessary but just a great tool to track/measure your progress.

Love the updo styles. What do you have planned this week?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 25th July 2010, 12:22 pm

Your hair is looking fab (as usual Smile ), as far as the makeover, the only difference I could spot between the two was your eyes. . . LOL, so yeah I think you can re-create the look Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th July 2010, 9:12 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:Love the makeup! You are working that undo! Let me know how the heart rate thingy works out.

Thanks Sweet (makeup and updo) I am serious about losing weight, so I am going to invest in a good heart rate monitor. I've found some great information, and once I ask the trainers at my gym a few questions I'm good to go. I'll keep you updated!!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 25th July 2010, 9:13 pm

nattyblog wrote:Oooohhh you look loverly (in my best Klump impersonation)! Very Happy

awwwwww Thank you Nattyb Embarassed I'm trying to hard to take care of Penny!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next