CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

+57
Renny
naturallychelsea
Treece
MomnWife
jeanlouisangel
MsJay1121
Fabulousat50
mrsmackey
cyclingchick
LaToya28
KeAnia
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
Hurricane Curly
iri9109
NhappyJackie
Cherry: extraordinary!
BajanPrincess82
kinksncurls
Notthecoolmom
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
jlowman1
freckledmom4
bholmes87
LadyMika
MellowOne
curlsunfurled
mstokes2008
blondie
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
curly-me-naturally
priceless
BrownSkinDiva
missmoriah
Juices-n-Berries
sweetdrk1
WhosThatRedHead
QuietButterfly
SheeTacular
Intelligentbeauty
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
Muz
TheRYL1
KinkyNappyHappy
BlondeByDesire
krazy coils
nattyblog
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
wyldhoney
CrissyQ
DvaAuNaturel
PaganWifey
61 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by Muz 19th July 2010, 5:12 pm

Love the updo! I still haven't figured out a way to pin mine up that I like so I tend to just leave them down on pin the left side back. *taking notes* Smile

Hi!!!

Let me know how you like that MM, I was eyeing it the last time I was in Target, but it's too expensive for me to get and not like, and the only person I've seen use it is MahoganyCurls and my texture isn't like hers.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Empty Re: KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up!

Post by krazy coils 19th July 2010, 7:04 pm

Hey KNH I love the updo also!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th July 2010, 7:42 pm

WORK IT!!! Very cute KNH!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th July 2010, 5:12 am

lmaoooo hold up i was enjoying ur exercise escapades til i read ur weakness of ur right knee KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_razz ...u betta slow up!!

now u know dmn well u aint got NO BIDNESS gettin a 2 pack of that MM (but u can pass one over here though) cuz i know u aint finish the other one u got. u know what...gimme ur address cuz i can only imagine what u got layin around that u DONT use!

love the updo, thats nice n sophisticated for work!!

ok on to more important things...

im literally CRYING over here becuz i have FINALLY....FINALLY found someone else in this world who's on the same page as me who watches NOAH'S ARK!!! OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGG!!! i've been addicted to that show for the past 2 yrs and i've been writing LOGO and everyone else becuz i NEED a 3rd season. i have seen ALL the episodes and YES...i went to the movies (limited release) to see the movie AND was PRESS to purchase it on dvd when it came out. i can literally watch a marathon of that show all day long and there is not one episode i dont like. **smacking lips** giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl, i was cracking up when chance's fiance was cheating on him wit a homo-thug n they all went deep in the van n caught him then chance drove through the front with it, lmaoooo!!

i LOVE noah's hair and i just want to eat him UP cuz he's so adorable. i cried when he got beat up in that hate crime! chance's wedding was one of the FUNNIEST episode too when wade n that dread head showed up, lol. My man "wuts the T bytch" n trey **sigh** i can talk on for days about them...but honey...whats REALLY the T is...**looking around** move in closer gurl...they've been goin back n forth to negotiate their salaries so thats why its been on hiatus..mmmm hmmm, they tryin to get PAID honey! people have really slept on that show n LOGO in itself cuz its a black, male, gay version of sex n the city! mason's dad always says i have a fascination wit gayness cuz i support them too much. i might be gay like KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Suspect but im not gay!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th July 2010, 5:19 am

**singing**

When i dream,
All i see,
Is you and me,
Back when we were free,
Doing ghetto dances,
Taking crazy chances.
Oh baby,
No one else will ever love you more than me.
Open up your heart and let your soul be free.
To love, love, remember love.
Remember remember remember love

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Noahsa10
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th July 2010, 5:27 am

KNH, I love that updo. You got skills!!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:22 am

Muz wrote: Love the updo! I still haven't figured out a way to pin mine up that I like so I tend to just leave them down on pin the left side back. *taking notes* Smile

Hi!!!

Let me know how you like that MM, I was eyeing it the last time I was in Target, but it's too expensive for me to get and not like, and the only person I've seen use it is MahoganyCurls and my texture isn't like hers.

Thanks Muz...

I don't know if I'm doing it right, but I have so many hair pins in my hair its not even funny. You can't tell so I just go on like I know what I'm doing....LOL

I love Bed Head MM....that is my all time favorite and I used it like once a week when I'm co-washing, but I've found TRESemme' Nourishing Moisture to be just a good for a fraction of the cost. Not only is it a savings I can finger detangle my hair with it!! bounce However, Bed Head MM is my top and when I have a lot of time and right after I henna!!

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:23 am

krazy coils wrote:Hey KNH I love the updo also!

Lynnieluve wrote:WORK IT!!! Very cute KNH!!

Thank you sooo much ladies!!! Embarassed Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:28 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:KNH, I love that updo. You got skills!!!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Hey IB...

Thanks...but I can't take credit for that style. I did the front like that because I've seen so many of the ladies on this site do that with their puffs, and I'm just watching NTCM and Lynn with their pin up twist styles.

But thanks sweetie...I'll take the compliment!! lol!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:38 am

NubieNatty wrote:lmaoooo hold up i was enjoying ur exercise escapades til i read ur weakness of ur right knee KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_razz ...u betta slow up!!

now u know dmn well u aint got NO BIDNESS gettin a 2 pack of that MM (but u can pass one over here though) cuz i know u aint finish the other one u got. u know what...gimme ur address cuz i can only imagine what u got layin around that u DONT use!

love the updo, thats nice n sophisticated for work!!

ok on to more important things...

im literally CRYING over here becuz i have FINALLY....FINALLY found someone else in this world who's on the same page as me who watches NOAH'S ARK!!! OOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGG!!! i've been addicted to that show for the past 2 yrs and i've been writing LOGO and everyone else becuz i NEED a 3rd season. i have seen ALL the episodes and YES...i went to the movies (limited release) to see the movie AND was PRESS to purchase it on dvd when it came out. i can literally watch a marathon of that show all day long and there is not one episode i dont like. **smacking lips** giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl, i was cracking up when chance's fiance was cheating on him wit a homo-thug n they all went deep in the van n caught him then chance drove through the front with it, lmaoooo!!

i LOVE noah's hair and i just want to eat him UP cuz he's so adorable. i cried when he got beat up in that hate crime! chance's wedding was one of the FUNNIEST episode too when wade n that dread head showed up, lol. My man "wuts the T bytch" n trey **sigh** i can talk on for days about them...but honey...whats REALLY the T is...**looking around** move in closer gurl...they've been goin back n forth to negotiate their salaries so thats why its been on hiatus..mmmm hmmm, they tryin to get PAID honey! people have really slept on that show n LOGO in itself cuz its a black, male, gay version of sex n the city! mason's dad always says i have a fascination wit gayness cuz i support them too much. i might be gay like KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Suspect but im not gay!

Hey Nubie....

Don't worry the knee is from a long time of no activity. This happened to me about two years ago and has I kept up with my routine the knee got stronger. (I hope that's the case this time) I'm keep a close watch on it though....

Nope...I bought 2 bottles of the large size of BH MM from Penny's about a month ago. Paid $11 each and I'm using it with caution!! I love that stuff, but I go between TRESemme's Naturals Nourishing Moisture and Bed MM. Have you tried TRESemme's NNM? I'm telling you Penny is in hair heaven when I use this stuff!!

Now...Noah's Arc, I have to leave and go the gym (Kickboxing Cardio class) but I will pick up this discussion when I get to work. I watch the movie first, then season 1 & 2. I love those guys...are they gay in real life!!! So that's why we don't have a season 3...MONEY!!! They are so wrong for doing that to their fans. Well....I will get more into my favorite episode when I get to work, but I must say that Wade is one fine dude, and when Chance drove that truck through the house I was cracking up!!! It reminded me of Friends a gay version! I'll hit you in your thread when I get to work for part 2 of this conversation!!!

OBTW....I am going to go through my stash and swap or give away some stuff real soon!!!

Last edited by KinkyNappyHappy on 20th July 2010, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 7:39 am

NubieNatty wrote:**singing**

When i dream,
All i see,
Is you and me,
Back when we were free,
Doing ghetto dances,
Taking crazy chances.
Oh baby,
No one else will ever love you more than me.
Open up your heart and let your soul be free.
To love, love, remember love.
Remember remember remember love

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Noahsa10

Nubie...don't you just love the theme song!!!! Just look at Noah's hair y'all!!!!! dance
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 20th July 2010, 2:05 pm

Well...I just want to say that I'm having a great day!!!

Got up check in CN...went to Kickboxing Cardio class for 30 minutes and finished that off with Buns, Bellies, and Back 15 minutes toning class.

Penny is still in the same style as yesterday. I've gotten so many compliments on this style, and I was thinking about co-washing and retwisting with bangs going to the side. I guess I will stick with this KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_neutral we'll see...LOL

I promise to do my product update tonight. It just will not be the same without pictures, and the pictures are stuck in my camera at home.

However, I did go to Target last night to check and see if they had any Kinky Curly products. They didn't have any out, and I asked if they could check to see if they had any in stock!! Well they had some in the back, and I asked for 2 KCKT and 1 KCCC..well they brought me 2 KCCC and 1 KCKT. It was late and I was ready to go home...so I only got 1 of each!! So this morning I went back to get snacks, and they still didn't have the product out!! So again I asked for 1 KCKT (I want to have enough for KT Leave-in) and they said they didn't have any. I told them "yes you do, and you really need to put it out cause it will so like sale in a day."

They found what I wanted, and they brought out the rest of the product. This Target is selling the small jar of the Kinky Curly Curling Custard!! KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Icon_eek

Anyway...I'll be back this evening with my long over-due product update and pictures..I promise!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 20th July 2010, 6:01 pm

Hey Sweetie!! How are you? It's been a long time!! You and Penny doing things big over here.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 20th July 2010, 6:14 pm

Hi KNH!! I love your twist updo!! Glad you kept it in longer. It looks great!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 20th July 2010, 6:27 pm

Hey KNH!!!

I love the updo!! Very pretty!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 20th July 2010, 9:31 pm

Noah's ark, those boys are a hot mess! I've only seen a couple episodes and cried with laughter. No more good shows. I am watching too many now!!!

I am watching Age of Warriors (again). South Korean drama on Mind TV. SciFi channel stuff (Warehouse 13, Eureka (Joe Morton rocks!), Haven, Doctor Who, Airbender (again), Buffy, Miami Vice. Getting ready for Mad Men. I know - not normal.

the updo IS very pretty! You look great with your hair up!!!

KCKT is at a target near me. I don't think they realize what a little gold mine the products are. I have this horrible feeling I'll be ordering online for a while!!! I don't know why they didn't put it out at our Target but we've been stalking Whole foods and haven't been ashamed to visit more than one on a hunt.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 20th July 2010, 11:13 pm

yes i know dmn well u need to do a haul of products! im so glad u didnt find that twin pack of MM cuz like i said u DONT need it and it will always go on sale here n there!!

i dont need anymore conditioners, i got 2 family size bottles of aussie moist n smooth that i plan to use more for detangling. i need NOOOOO MORE conditioners nor poo's!!

i do have a wish list for my darcy's though. i gotta try the dc and a styling butter...eeeek!! so let me know the next sale!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 12:05 am

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Hey Sweetie!! How are you? It's been a long time!! You and Penny doing things big over here.

Thanks Shee...

How are yah!!! I've been trying to keep up with you on FB and YouTube, but I've been so busy I can barely keep up on CS.

Have you won anything lately?

nattyblog wrote:Hi KNH!! I love your twist updo!! Glad you kept it in longer. It looks great!

QuietButterfly wrote:Hey KNH!!!

I love the updo!! Very pretty!

Thanks NattyB and QuietButterfly!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 12:09 am

swoodward wrote:Noah's ark, those boys are a hot mess! I've only seen a couple episodes and cried with laughter. No more good shows. I am watching too many now!!!

I am watching Age of Warriors (again). South Korean drama on Mind TV. SciFi channel stuff (Warehouse 13, Eureka (Joe Morton rocks!), Haven, Doctor Who, Airbender (again), Buffy, Miami Vice. Getting ready for Mad Men. I know - not normal.

the updo IS very pretty! You look great with your hair up!!!

KCKT is at a target near me. I don't think they realize what a little gold mine the products are. I have this horrible feeling I'll be ordering online for a while!!! I don't know why they didn't put it out at our Target but we've been stalking Whole foods and haven't been ashamed to visit more than one on a hunt.

Hey Swoodward...

Noah's Arc...Hot Mess is correct. They are worse that me and my girlfriends; however, I love their bond. I got hooked because I'm trying to figure out if they are gay for real. If so what a terrible waste of good men!!! LOL

I'm trying my best not to co-wash. I want to do a washNgo so bad!! Rolling Eyes But I got like this last week!!!

Girl I know what you've mean I'll hit 2 Whole Foods, and 2 HEB's in one day looking for products!!! No I need help!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 12:24 am

NubieNatty wrote:yes i know dmn well u need to do a haul of products! im so glad u didnt find that twin pack of MM cuz like i said u DONT need it and it will always go on sale here n there!! I know.... I think I'm a conditioner junkie!!! I will try a good conditioner in a minute. Today I bought some styling foam by Giovanni...I don't know why!!! Embarassed

i dont need anymore conditioners, i got 2 family size bottles of aussie moist n smooth that i plan to use more for detangling. i need NOOOOO MORE conditioners nor poo's!! I think I've narrowed down my conditioners to 3...Aussie Moist is one I haven't tried. Can you believe that? Shocked

i do have a wish list for my darcy's though. i gotta try the dc and a styling butter...eeeek!! so let me know the next sale!

[b]I love Darcy's DC.....but AfroVeda is having a sale and I looked up the ingredients on their deep conditioner. It contains some good stuff....I kinda placed an order... Embarassed

Help me please!!!! Sad
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st July 2010, 12:48 am

kinda? Laughing
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 21st July 2010, 12:57 am

KHN....step away from the computer and put the credit card away!!! lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 6:33 am

swoodward wrote:kinda? Laughing

WhosThatRedHead wrote:KHN....step away from the computer and put the credit card away!!! lol

I know..... Embarassed
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

KinkyNappyHappy ~ Pictures from Houston's CN Meet-up! - Page 2 Empty Finally - My Product Update!!!

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st July 2010, 7:25 am

So I had this long post product post going last night, and I fell asleep trying to get my pictures to post. So here's the short version...

I've done a mini product haul, and decided that I'm going to use and stick to the following products for my weekly regiment!!

Conditioners ~ I have a problem sticking to 1 conditioner
Bed Head MM
TRESemme' Nourishing Conditioner ......love, love, love this stuff I can detangling with my fingers!!!
Kinky Curly Knot Today - for KT's Leave In Mixture
Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner
Darcy's Deep Conditioner Treatment
Butters~n~Bars Deep Conditioning Mask

Oils:
EVCO
EVOO
Jojoba oil
Castor Oil
Hairveda Hair Frosting

Shampoo:
Kinky Curly Come Clean - great when I have product build up
Bee Mine shampoo bars

Styling Agents....this is were I have a problem as well
Uncle Funky's Daughter - Curly Magic
MiraCurl Gelly
Bumble & Bumble
Qhemet

I went to The Original Fragrance Shop last Friday because I am a product junkie. I was doing good this month putting what I would spend on products in my savings...well I've shot that to hades Evil or Very Mad

I decided that I would check out Mrs. Roberta's products. I really went to see if she sold bath and body oils; however, I had seen some products on her website that peaked my interest. So into her store I go, but I was not prepared for all of the little bottles of oils in cases all over the store! That threw me off, and I forgot what I went in there for!! Mrs. Roberta was very helpful...however, I got involved with her hair. Shocked I mean she has locks that reach her knees which she had it piled up on top of her head like a crown with a feather head band, and she was accessorized to a T!! She was looking too cute...but she had so many things going on in the store (customers, and two little girls that were not getting along) that I didn't have the time to really get my questions answered concerning her body products.

I did leave with her Curl Souffle' 2oz size, and ladies I must tell you that stuff does what she says it will do. I bought it Friday...I did several WnG's Saturday trying to perfect CoilsKinksCurls method of applying MiraCurl to dry hair. (these are the pictures I'm having a hard time downloading) So Sunday instead of really resting I tried the Souffle'. (which prompt me to go back and buy the larger jar Sunday.and her husband was there and answered most of my questions) The instructions say to use on wet hair, and Mrs. Roberta told me NOT to use any leave-in conditioner. Well some habits are just hard to break.

I had a beautiful WnG but as it begin to dry...it started to shrink. .I don't have problems with shrinkage, but I think I used too much product.

Sorry I don't have pictures to share...I don't know what's wrong with my camera. No SMH

I am going to stop this madness with the conditioners and styling agents. I've got to because there isn't a method to my madness other than the fact I am a product junkie. So I'm hoping that keeping Penny in an updo will help curb my need to purchased products Embarassed I have all the conditioners I can stand (right Nubie) and I don't need any more shampoo or styling products!!

Have a great day ladies!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 21st July 2010, 7:56 am

Hey KNH,

I know how you feel because it is so tempting to want to try all of these great products. Believe me I have a whole bunch of conditioners to last me for awhile and don't plan to purchase anything until Qhemet's has a sale so that I can restock my Qhemet's supply of products.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next