CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by jamaicacurl 27th November 2009, 4:00 pm

I love your hair! How many bantu knots did you do? I tried it once but I did too few but I'd like to try it again.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by Serenity23 27th November 2009, 4:23 pm

I really love your photo from today. The curls look soft and flowy. I am currently letting my hair dry before I twist it, but u are making me want to do some bantu knots. It's very pretty.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 4:27 pm

thanks ChrsLvsBksks for the compliments. This was the first time I used that product Im not much of a product junkie but Im looking for something that gives me nice shine and smootheness I love your hair in your avatar very nice what products do you use that would give me shine and smootheness. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 27th November 2009, 5:24 pm

Your hair today is SICKKK!!! I mean just freaking Gorgeous!!! Its shiny has body and you make it look 10x more beautiful!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 5:54 pm

LilMsPuddles wrote:OMG! More hair envy. When I grow up I want hair like yours! Very Happy
Thanks for the compliment.

jamaicacurl wrote:I love your hair! How many bantu knots did you do? I tried it once but I did too few but I'd like to try it again.
Thanks for the love. I hope you enjoyed your holiday in the midst of your husband's and your recent loss. As it is said, a picture is worth a thousand words.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Img_2512
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Img_2513

Serenity23 wrote:I really love your photo from today. The curls look soft and flowy. I am currently letting my hair dry before I twist it, but u are making me want to do some bantu knots. It's very pretty.
Serenity23, I was impressed with the turn out ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 617583 . Third time was the charm. I just hope the fourth and subsequent bantu knot outs turn out just as nice or nicer.

truet wrote:thanks ChrsLvsBksks for the compliments. This was the first time I used that product Im not much of a product junkie but Im looking for something that gives me nice shine and smootheness I love your hair in your avatar very nice what products do you use that would give me shine and smootheness. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
Truet, I think the henna, honey in my deep treatments and rinse out conditioners has helped with my shine factor. When hair is dry, I use jojoba, grapeseed, coconut and another oil I got from the local drugstore. The unnamed oil is in my desk drawer. It's something like Africa's Best Ultimate Hair Oil.

Blackbeauty wrote:Your hair today is SICKKK!!! I mean just freaking Gorgeous!!! Its shiny has body and you make it look 10x more beautiful!!
Awww, thanks Blackbeauty. I was very proud of the outcome. I had to change my avatar ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 879602 Great hair days make you feel extraordinary, and my family, who is mostly natural (locs), loved it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Empty Small Twists

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th November 2009, 8:13 pm

I am not one to go Black Friday shopping so I had plenty of time on my hands the last couple of days. So, I have been doing a lot since Friday. On Friday, I rinsed out the EVOO and coconut oil from my hair (applied to entire length of hair Thursday night). I co-washed with VO5 moisture milks and Suave apple. I let my hair dry until damp with a flour sack. I mixed maka, kapoor kalchi and brahmi (ayurvedic powders) with water. The consistency was like a cake batter. I applied to hair and let it sit for an hour. I rinsed thoroughly with warm water. I deep conditioned with Jane Carter's replenishing conditioner, Philosophy's shear splendor, honey and Aubrey Organics White Camellia for an hour with heat. I rinsed with cold water and applied KBB's hair milk and jojoba oil.

My hair was air dried in two braids overnight. Yesterday, I saw a fotki member (KinkyCurlyQueen) who had done teeny weeny twists. They looked gorgeous so I decided to try small twists. I used Koils by Nature sweet almond joy butter, KbN's peppermint gel and coconut oil to each twist. The butter and gel were put on the entire length of each section and the oil was used to seal at the ends. It took me five hours. I want to try teeny weeny twists soon. I just have to figure out how ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Icon_sad.

I hope to leave the twists in for at least three weeks. If you have any suggestions on how to keep them fresh, please share. Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple of pictures.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Small_10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Small_11
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 29th November 2009, 12:13 am

OMG You have goo gobs of hair!!! Its beautiful. I love the bantu knots and twists.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 29th November 2009, 10:54 am

I love the twists. I was thinking i wanted to try something like this too after seeing that blog. But I don't think I'd be able to leave them in so long b/c my hair isn't long enough to do different styles with the twists. I think if you tie them down each night with a satin scarf and sleep wiht a bonnet on it, they'd probably be good.
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 29th November 2009, 1:08 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I am not one to go Black Friday shopping so I had plenty of time on my hands the last couple of days. So, I have been doing a lot since Friday. On Friday, I rinsed out the EVOO and coconut oil from my hair (applied to entire length of hair Thursday night). I co-washed with VO5 moisture milks and Suave apple. I let my hair dry until damp with a flour sack. I mixed maka, kapoor kalchi and brahmi (ayurvedic powders) with water. The consistency was like a cake batter. I applied to hair and let it sit for an hour. I rinsed thoroughly with warm water. I deep conditioned with Jane Carter's replenishing conditioner, Philosophy's shear splendor, honey and Aubrey Organics White Camellia for an hour with heat. I rinsed with cold water and applied KBB's hair milk and jojoba oil.

My hair was air dried in two braids overnight. Yesterday, I saw a fotki member (KinkyCurlyQueen) who had done teeny weeny twists. They looked gorgeous so I decided to try small twists. I used Koils by Nature sweet almond joy butter, KbN's peppermint gel and coconut oil to each twist. The butter and gel were put on the entire length of each section and the oil was used to seal at the ends. It took me five hours. I want to try teeny weeny twists soon. I just have to figure out how ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Icon_sad.

I hope to leave the twists in for at least three weeks. If you have any suggestions on how to keep them fresh, please share. Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple of pictures.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Small_10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Small_11

Love your twists! They look great!

Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnielours 29th November 2009, 2:57 pm

ouuuu!!! i love your twists!!! my hair never looks this good!!
your hair is just so beautiful

ps i think i might try adding honey to my regimen
Winnielours
Winnielours

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th November 2009, 5:45 pm

Thanks for the comments.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Empty Day 1 of Twists

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th November 2009, 5:58 pm

Today, I spritzed my hair and scalp with a tea made from gotu kola. Gotu Kola is said to aid in circulation. Virgin coconut oil was massaged into my scalp. A dime size of KnB's butter was rubbed into my hands and applied from root to tip. I sealed the ends with a quarter size puddle of castor oil and couple of drops of jojoba oil.

One reason I chose to do twists and try to keep them in for three weeks was to help me manipulate my hair less. I tried to do a fishtail I saw on a fellow fotki member's album. I failed but like what I did achieve.

Day 1 Style
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Failed10

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 29th November 2009, 6:57 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Today, I spritzed my hair and scalp with a tea made from gotu kola. Gotu Kola is said to aid in circulation. Virgin coconut oil was massaged into my scalp. A dime size of KnB's butter was rubbed into my hands and applied from root to tip. I sealed the ends with a quarter size puddle of castor oil and couple of drops of jojoba oil.

One reason I chose to do twists and try to keep them in for three weeks was to help me manipulate my hair less. I tried to do a fishtail I saw on a fellow fotki member's album. I failed but like what I did achieve.

Day 1 Style
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Failed10

omg!!! i love it!!! how long did it take you for to do the tiny twists??
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 29th November 2009, 8:09 pm

That's really pretty!! Now can you come do my hair?? Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 30th November 2009, 11:12 am

Wow, your hair is beautiful and you are very versatile with your styles and concoctions you make up. Very lovely. I can't wait until I'm fully natural.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Empty Day Two - Twists

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th November 2009, 9:22 pm

Okay so for day two, I sprayed JC's LI to entire length of hair, not to the point of dampness. I sprayed the ends until damp. I then applied KnB's hair butter to length and a mixture of castor oil and jojoba oils to ends. I oiled my scalp with coconut oil. I used many many hair pins to make a messy updo.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Day_2_10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Day_tw10

I am having a problem with dry, itchy scalp again. I am going to spray on a mixture of aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, lavender oil and jojoba oil.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th November 2009, 9:29 pm

[quote="dajewel"]
ChrsLvsBks wrote:omg!!! i love it!!! how long did it take you for to do the tiny twists??
Thanks for the <3. It took six hours--wasn't too bad since I was watching my favorite network--Food Network.

jamaicacurl wrote:That's really pretty!! Now can you come do my hair?? Smile
Thanks, ummmm, let me think about it ;-)

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, your hair is beautiful and you are very versatile with your styles and concoctions you make up. Very lovely. I can't wait until I'm fully natural.
Yes, I have to try new things because I get bored easily. Enjoy your transition and have fun with it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 1st December 2009, 1:27 pm

[quote="ChrsLvsBks"]Okay so for day two, I sprayed JC's LI to entire length of hair, not to the point of dampness. I sprayed the ends until damp. I then applied KnB's hair butter to length and a mixture of castor oil and jojoba oils to ends. I oiled my scalp with coconut oil. I used many many hair pins to make a messy updo.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Day_2_10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 3 Day_tw10

I am having a problem with dry, itchy scalp again. I am going to spray on a mixture of aloe vera gel, tea tree oil, lavender oil and jojoba oil.

Very Cute!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 1st December 2009, 2:03 pm

Your hair is too cute sis!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 1st December 2009, 2:41 pm

You have great hair! I get bored as well with my hair, which is why I'm pushing for more length, to be able to do even more styles!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 1st December 2009, 4:15 pm

ok I'm gonna say it again. 'GOO GOBS OF HAIR!!!' It's gorgeous.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 1st December 2009, 4:33 pm

wow it only took you 6 hours?? Hmmmm my only reason for not wanting to do it was because I figured it took forever and I'm like you as long as I have my fav channel (HGTV) or a number of movies ready I'm good.

I LOVE your twists this may be something for me to try this weekend.
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 1st December 2009, 5:03 pm

I love those twists too and the styles you've done! I did twists like that last year before I knew anything about twists (I was bored) and I actually kept them in for a couple of days. I may need to try it again. You have inspired me!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 2nd December 2009, 2:40 pm

Your styles for your twists are LOVELY!!! I love the creativity you have with your hair...u show ur hair lots LOVE & it shows!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 2nd December 2009, 4:31 pm

I agree...your creativity is sick. I'm so glad my hair has been growing despite the shedding. I will be rocking some of your hairstyles in the future. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next