CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Coconut Milk Treatment Results

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th November 2009, 4:39 pm

I cannot tell a difference in my hair after the coconut milk treatment. Well, that is not totally true, my hair seemed to hold the moisture in longer. This can be attributed to more than the coconut milk. 1) I slept with my hair covered after applying moisture and sealing with oil. 2) I used a conditioner I don’t have much experience with. 3) I plaited my hair which I typically do not do. I had a total of 12 plaits.

Will I do it again? Yes. My plan is to do it in two weeks. Will I do anything different? Yes. I will co-wash my hair then air dry to damp. I will use my mixture of AO conditioner and Splendid Splendor to deep condition afterward with heat.

So, all in all coconut milk did no harm but no clear difference using it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by jamaicacurl 19th November 2009, 4:59 pm

Hmmm...I'm interested to see the results of the next go round. These things are such trial and error!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th November 2009, 10:34 pm

Tonight I tried a new method to apply heat while deep conditioning (AO HR, AO WC, Splendid Splendor and unrefined coconut oil). I typically wet a small towel and heat in the microwave. I then would place a plastic bag over my head then apply towel then another bag.

Well tonight, I did something different. I wet a flannel pillowcase, heated it in the microwave and put it over the plastic bag. I then put a large towel over it.

This solved two issues. I always felt all my hair was not benefiting from the deep treatment with heat since my hair kinda flops in bag. I don't want to place all my hair atop my head since I want to get most of my hair. I carefully opened the wet hot pillowcase and put my bagged head into it. It has been more than 15 minutes and my head still feels warm. With my previous method, the towel cooled in 10 minutes or less.

Anyone else have suggestions on how to benefit from heat while deep conditioning, not using a steamer or hair dryer?

I plan to use my gym's sauna and/or steam room to get deep treatment Sunday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 19th November 2009, 11:00 pm

Hmmm I don't know but I have a heat cap that's meant for deep conditioning. You put it on over your plastic cap and it heats up. But I'm not sure that it will give that same steam type of heat though.
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 20th November 2009, 6:38 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Thanks everyone for the hair compliments.

I like the Afroveda Pur Gelly. It's hold is light. I could use it without another gel if I was to wear my hair all back or in a half up/half down do otherwise I need a more firm hold gel ontop. I would use it for wash and go's this summer. As for the curly custard, I would layer it over a LI followed by the curly gelly and Eco styler clear gel. I loved the results.

Second day hair with Afroveda, I managed to get three day hair with it
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Second10

I tried this layering step minus the curly gelly (will be purchasing soon) and it worked SOOOO well for me! Thank you so much!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 12:01 pm

YAY! I'm glad you had success.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Darcy's Botantical and Twist Out

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 2:01 pm

Darcy’s Botanicals Vanilla Madagascar Styling Creme

Healthy Hair Conditioning Butter

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Our Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is a luscious blend of all natural oils that will provide healthy conditioning, add sheen, softness & moisture to your naturally curly hair.

WHAT'S IN IT?
Organic Palm Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Madagascar Vanilla, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Candelilla Wax, Organic Castor Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil and Potassium Sorbate.

HOW DO I USE IT?
*Use it as a hair moisturizer to naturally condition dry curls, locs & waves.
*Use as a styling butter for twists, braids, afros, and locs.
*Use to promote healthy hair growth
*Many of our customers also use it as a body butter!!! Works great as a multi-purpose hair & body butter:)

I love this! Yes, granted I have used the product once. I purchased it along with other products from either someone on LHFC or NC. This is how I used it.

Twist out

Tools used:
Two plastic bags
Towel
Flour sack
Satin bonnet
Satin pillowcase

Products used:
Suave Apple conditioner (or your favorite co-wash)
Philosophy Splendid Splendor conditioner
Aubrey’s Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
Aubrey’s Organics White Camellia conditioner
Honey
Unrefined 100% Virgin Coconut oil
Carol’s Butter Hair Milk (or favorite leave in conditioner)
Darcy’s Botanicals Madagascar Vanilla Styling Crème
Karen’s Body Beautiful Jojoba oil (or favorite oil)

-Co-wash hair with warm water to remove residue.
-Apply mixture of conditioners, honey and oil to small sections of hair. Use smoothing method when applying mixture—place mixture in hand, start at root and smooth down hair strands, ensure you get ends.
-Place plastic bag (or shower cap) over hair. Try to avoid piling hair on top of head. Use heat to help conditioner penetrate strands.
-Wet a flannel pillowcase and placed in microwave to heat on high for seven minutes.
-Immediately and carefully place head inside pillowcase and quickly place another plastic bag and a towel.
- Leave it on hair for at least one hour. May need to reheat pillowcase after 30 or so minutes.
-Rinse hair in cold water.
-Section hair in 10—three in front, two at crown, three at ears and two at nape.
-Apply a nickel size amount of hair milk to each section using smoothing method trying to squeeze out excess water.
-Apply a dime size of styling crème to each section and twist.
-Apply more crème to front edges.
-Place flour sack on hair to remove excess moisture.
-Protect hair when sleeping with satin bonnet and sleep on satin pillowcase.
-Carefully remove twists (take one end and unravel it from the bottom up)
-Apply oil to ends.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Nov_2010

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb11

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb12
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 1:27 pm

Your hair looks amazing. How did the Darcy Botanicals VMSC feel? Was it oily or more on the moisturizing side?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Texture of Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Madagascar Styling Cream

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd November 2009, 2:00 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Your hair looks amazing. How did the Darcy Botanicals VMSC feel? Was it oily or more on the moisturizing side?

Thanks lady.

Hmm, not sure how to describe how it felt. It emulsified in my hand. My hand was not oily or greasy to the touch. I found the product to be moisturizing. It was not as creamy feeling as shea when emulsified but not as oily as unrefined coconut oil either. It is probably like a combo of shea and coconut oil if you were to rub them together in your hand.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Hair Today

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 1:40 am

Good evening, I wore my hair in a bun today. I applied a bit of Koils by Nature's (KbN's) peppermint gel to my hairline and nape. I wore a black headband. I'll update with picture tomorrow.

My hair is still moisturized, and the sweet almond smell of the butter is divine.

Last night I co-washed with VO5 Moisture Milk. I then applied a mixture of EVOO, castor oil and grapeseed oils. I left it on my hair for about an hour. I rinsed with warm water and my hair was very soft. I deep conditioned for an hour with a mixture of Jane Carter's replenishing conditioner, Shear Splendor, honey and unrefined virgin coconut oil. I rinsed with cold water and squeezed conditioner out from root to end. If you have not tried cold water rinses for final rinse, I highly recommend it. My hair clumped nicely.

I used Carol's Daughter hair milk, KbN's butter and KbN's gel.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 26th November 2009, 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected name of product used.)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Hair November 23 - Weather Rain & More Rain

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 5:00 pm

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb14

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb15

To do the bun, I placed hair in elastic (soaked in EVOO--read that helps prevent hair breakage).

Section hair in two and twist each.

Wrap the first section underneath the elastic and secure end with small bobby pin.

Wrap second section over the elastic and secure end with small bobby pin.

I used Koils by Nature's peppermint gel to slick hairline and nape. I also used her hair butter in sweet almond joy as a moisturizer. Review is forthcoming.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 24th November 2009, 7:39 pm

when u conditioned w/honey was it extra sticky? i want to use it to see the benefits but i cant over the mere thought of how thick n sticky honey is...
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Honey and Haid

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th November 2009, 11:43 pm

NubieNattyTwn-kisha wrote:when u conditioned w/honey was it extra sticky? i want to use it to see the benefits but i cant over the mere thought of how thick n sticky honey is...
It isn't sticky when mixed with other products. My hands are typically coated with the conditioner and oil before I squirt some honey in my hand. If concerned, perhaps mix up honey with other product before touching and applying it. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Today's Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 10:43 am

I did a bantu knot out last night. It has dropped some since coming to work. It is raining here. I will post a camera phone picture soon. I know it will drop more as the day progresses.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb13

I will probably redo it tonight and wear a bantu knot out for tomorrow's festivities.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday with family, friends and delicious food!

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 25th November 2009, 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding pictures)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 25th November 2009, 11:16 am

That bun was supercute chrs!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 11:53 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:That bun was supercute chrs!

Thanks, enjoy your holiday. I hope your husband is feeling better.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 25th November 2009, 1:35 pm

Your hair today is Fab-U-LOUS ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 617583 !!! I cnt wait for my hair to grow so I can play around with different styles...its getting there slowly but surely!!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 1:40 pm

Blackbeauty wrote:Your hair today is Fab-U-LOUS ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 617583 !!! I cnt wait for my hair to grow so I can play around with different styles...its getting there slowly but surely!!!

Thanks Blackbeauty ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Icon_wink . I was proud of the outcome. Enjoy your holiday and eat plenty!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 25th November 2009, 3:15 pm

First, thanks for the welcome ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Icon_wink .
Second, your hair is fierce. You are so rockin' the curls. I will post a pick of my hair when it is washed and without product. I have read some of your suggestions and I will be trying them. While I am learning to embrace my own hair I have to say you have my dream hair.
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 25th November 2009, 3:40 pm

HumanNature wrote:First, thanks for the welcome ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Icon_wink .
Second, your hair is fierce. You are so rockin' the curls. I will post a pick of my hair when it is washed and without product. I have read some of your suggestions and I will be trying them. While I am learning to embrace my own hair I have to say you have my dream hair.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Icon_redface

Thanks for the compliments.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by miznissi 25th November 2009, 3:46 pm

Oooh, your hair is gorgeous.
I LOVE it!
miznissi
miznissi

https://www.youtube.com/user/miznissi

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 7:55 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I did a bantu knot out last night. It has dropped some since coming to work. It is raining here. I will post a camera phone picture soon. I know it will drop more as the day progresses.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb10

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Novemb13

I will probably redo it tonight and wear a bantu knot out for tomorrow's festivities.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday with family, friends and delicious food!

This is gorgeous! I love how flow-y it looks. I will have to get around to trying this style.

Happy Thanksgiving
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Empty Thanksgiving Hair

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 1:06 pm

Yesterday morning, I applied Koils by Nature sweet almond joy butter to hair and KBB's cranberry cocktail jojoba oil to my hair. Later in the day I decided to redo my bantu knots for a knot out. I sprayed each section with a bit of JC's LI. It turned out great.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 2 Img_2511
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 1:08 pm

Thanks misnissi and beautifuleyez

@Beautifuleyez, yes, try it. It will look great on you.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMsPuddles 27th November 2009, 1:12 pm

OMG! More hair envy. When I grow up I want hair like yours! Very Happy
LilMsPuddles
LilMsPuddles

http://twitter.com/Ms_Puddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next