CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th January 2010, 3:07 pm

Although not hair related, I wanted to share how happy I am. My acne is clearing up wonderfully. I think it has been a result of using the oil cleansing method. Here is the link. I have used it for a few weeks and the results, to me, are amazing. I show pictures of my before and after about mid-way on page four. I posted more results on page 5. I LOVE OCM. I use a mix of castor oil (70%) and jojoba oil (30%) with a few drops of tea tree oil. I do it at night 4-5 times a week.

Kea wrote:that's jaw-dropping, traffic-stopping hair !!!!
ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, very nice Chrs
Thanks for the wow, BlondeByDesire!

Mz. Thang wrote:Fierce Avatar u r definitely my hair idol! Love it! Very Happy
I appreciate the admiration!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by vmichelle 18th January 2010, 4:41 pm

Very nice!!! I see my new addiction will be the skincare thread!!!
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th January 2010, 4:49 pm

I am definitely gonna give the OCM a try.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 18th January 2010, 5:09 pm

your avatar is GORGEOUS!!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Empty History

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th January 2010, 5:22 pm

I was watching a YT video by kimmaytube, and she noted how we oftentimes only see the good hair days. I thought I would create a collage showing my hair before and after.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Slide112

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Natura13
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th January 2010, 5:26 pm

Great hair collage!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th January 2010, 5:26 pm

vmichelle wrote:Very nice!!! I see my new addiction will be the skincare thread!!!
They share great advice. I didn't think it would work. OMGoodness, I am glad I was wrong ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_wink .

Lynnieluve wrote:I am definitely gonna give the OCM a try.
It is worth a try. You can try with a small amount of 50/50 EVOO and castor oil for two or so nights a week for a couple of weeks & see what happens. I hope you have great results! My skin is so soft. I do not remember it ever feeling like this EVER!

Curly Film Chick wrote:your avatar is GORGEOUS!!
Thanks ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_cool!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th January 2010, 6:14 pm

Love the collage!! Lots of big hair!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Empty Question

Post by tiashaunteé 18th January 2010, 8:45 pm

You do tea rinses right? Can you give me some more details about them? I am curious about what kind/brand of tea is used, the water-tea bag ratio, and of course the benefits.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 18th January 2010, 10:13 pm

I love your avatar photo and of course your hair looks soo shiny. I'm jealous!
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th January 2010, 1:39 am

tiashauntee wrote:You do tea rinses right? Can you give me some more details about them? I am curious about what kind/brand of tea is used, the water-tea bag ratio, and of course the benefits.

ME TOO. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_biggrin I am ready for my tea tutorial.

I love your comparision pics. Your look great in both. But what a difference with the curly hair. It fits you so much better. Beautiful ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

BTW, I am so glad the OCM is working out for you. ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_smile

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 19th January 2010, 5:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 19th January 2010, 1:42 am

The hair collages are so cute.

I've been getting lazy with my OCM regimen...not doing it as often throughout the week. But I'm noticing that same laziness with my exercising and water consumption too...this week is going to be better Smile
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freestyles 19th January 2010, 1:47 am

Love the collages!

---Reese ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_rr
Freestyles
Freestyles

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 19th January 2010, 3:06 am

You know what I think I'm going to start back beading and making accessories as a hobby. I remember it being very relaxing...

BTW Gorgeous pin curl style tres chic!!
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the compliments ladies. It keeps me focused knowing others like the styles. I thought the collage would let you see where I started and how my hair has changed since learning how to properly care for it.
I encourage others to create a hairstory or collage with pictures before and after they learned to care for their curly hair? I would be interested in checking them out.

In March, I want to try Curlformers. I want the extra long and wide ones for wavy hair. How many do you think I will need? I was thinking I would need no more than 10 packs (60) since they are wide.

tiashauntee wrote:You do tea rinses right? Can you give me some more details about them? I am curious about what kind/brand of tea is used, the water-tea bag ratio, and of course the benefits.
Yes, I do tea rinses. I basically keep the tea in the fridge for final rinses. I use the tea as my cold final rinse.

I have used burdock, green and fenugreek teas. I use a ratio of at least 2:1 (teabags to water) and have gone as far as 4:1. Green tea, fenugreek and burdock root tea are good for hair fall. My maternal family members tend to lose (men) or have thinning hair as they age. My mom seems to be the only one whose hair loss is not age related. I plan to also try ginger, nettle & rosemary. This is one reason I use ayurvedic herbs and henna.

I also use the tea when I spritz my hair in the morning or evening instead of water. I recently started putting in a few drops of peppermint EO in the tea.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th January 2010, 1:37 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, I do tea rinses. I basically keep the tea in the fridge for final rinses. I use the tea as my cold final rinse.

I have used burdock, green and fenugreek teas. I use a ratio of at least 2:1 (teabags to water) and have gone as far as 4:1. Green tea, fenugreek and burdock root tea are good for hair fall. My maternal family members tend to lose (men) or have thinning hair as they age. My mom seems to be the only one whose hair loss is not age related. I plan to also try ginger, nettle & rosemary. This is one reason I use ayurvedic herbs and henna.

I also use the tea when I spritz my hair in the morning or evening instead of water. I recently started putting in a few drops of peppermint EO in the tea.

Ok, I completely clueless about the tea rinses....so is it the same brand that I would drink? And when you say 2:1...how much water per tea bag?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th January 2010, 1:43 pm

Your hair is beautiful and inspiring. Keep it up! As for the OCM method, I'm really curious to try it but I have oily skin...I don't break out that often but I would like to keep that way!!! What's your skin type?

~Savannah
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Empty Tea Rinses

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 1:56 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
ChrsLvsBks wrote:Yes, I do tea rinses. I basically keep the tea in the fridge for final rinses. I use the tea as my cold final rinse.

Ok, I completely clueless about the tea rinses....so is it the same brand that I would drink? And when you say 2:1...how much water per tea bag?
Yes, it is the same brand you would drink. I picked mine up from The Vitamin Shoppe and a mom and pop health store near my home. The brand I purchase is Alvita. Here is a picture.

I boil one cup of water for every two teabags. I try to save my teabags to use again.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th January 2010, 1:58 pm

FemmeFox wrote:Your hair is beautiful and inspiring. Keep it up! As for the OCM method, I'm really curious to try it but I have oily skin...I don't break out that often but I would like to keep that way!!! What's your skin type?

~Savannah
Thanks for the compliments. I plan to stick with caring for my hair.

My skin is beyond oily especially in the summer. I would use the Neutrogena blotting sheets. I would use at least four at a time all over to blot the oil. I have combination skin in the winter with the oil being in the tea zone.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th January 2010, 2:22 pm

i'm all kinds of late, but chrs you are working that pin curl bun do! get it!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th January 2010, 2:44 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

Yes, it is the same brand you would drink. I picked mine up from The Vitamin Shoppe and a mom and pop health store near my home. The brand I purchase is Alvita. Here is a picture.

I boil one cup of water for every two teabags. I try to save my teabags to use again.

Oh, ok you use the real good stuff. Thanks Chrs. I will have to try this. What was your source for the benefits of each herb on the hair?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 19th January 2010, 6:02 pm

Loving your avatar!!! Your hair is HOT!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2010, 12:48 am

@CocaColaCutie & Adiaha, much thanks!

@IntelligentBeauty, I read about it on the longhaircareforum. They had some of the names of the teas, and I Googled them to see what the benefits were. One of the sites that I recall was texasnaturalsupply.com.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th January 2010, 12:51 am

Today, I wore the same style as Saturday but instead of two buns I created one.

Tonight, I scratched the front of my head and had a very small patch of dandruff ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 20 Icon_eek. I could not believe it. This was after completing a scalp massage with castor oil. I have not had dandruff in nearly a year. I will cleanse my hair tomorrow and keep my eye out on that area and others, just in case.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Corygentri 20th January 2010, 1:30 am

Could just be the weather chris or something you used in it to do the pin curls?

I have been trying to the OCM but I can't tell if it is working. I think it is benefitting but I cant tell when my hormones are raging unfortunately. I am going to keep doing it though. Skin feels great!
Corygentri
Corygentri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next